Maddn 13 Cag Tournament: 1000 Microsoft Point Reward, Tournament has STARTED

Chetty12

CAGiversary!
u9sup6ac.png

The Official League seems to be on it's final season for Madden 13, so I thought it would be a good time to see if there is any interest in doing tournaments between the end of the Madden 13 season and when Madden 25 comes out. I will be using Challonge.com to host the bracket and I will post seeding guidelines/rules below.

The target date for the first tournament to start is May 3rd. The deadline for signing up will be May 1st 6 PM EST.
EDIT: Because the playoffs for the initial league have gone on longer than expected and seeding won't be finalized for a few days, i have pushed signups out until Friday 05/03/2013 at 6:00 PM Est.

Important Bracket Links-

Here is the link to the bracket- http://challonge.com/u9sup6ac

The following link will allow you to sign up for the tournament if you don't mind becoming a member of the Challonge.com website. If you don't want to become a member, then just post below or send me a PM and i'll add you to the bracket.

Seeding-

People that participated in the Official League will be guaranteed a seed higher than someone that did not participate in the league. To seed people from the Official Leage, the first tiebreak is overall record(total wins, then win percentage), because there were numerous times where people just didn't have as many games played but had obviously better win percentages there were a few times i made judgement calls. The second tiebreak is playoff record(Playoffs wins, then win percentage, then playoff appearances). If they are still tied after that, then a committee of 3 selected members will vote on it. We'll have to discuss how to seed players that did not participate in the official league. My hopes are that some volunteers from the Gentleman's League would volunteer to help seed them.

Rules-
These will be discussed and updated as we approach the tournament.

The Tournament will be Double Elimination. The winner of the losers bracket will have to beat the winner of the winners bracket twice to win the tournament.

Game play-

Team Selection- Each person has to submit a list of 3 teams before each tournament. These will be the only teams that they are able to use during that tournament. You can change your teams until the listed deadline for signup, just make sure to point out if you are changing your teams.

Game Settings- Will be played at the standard 5 minutes per quarter with accell clock off. Difficulty will be at All Pro. Higher seed is the home team and Weather should be set for clear. Any games not set for these settings should be restarted. If neither team notices before the end of the first quarter, then both parties have to agree to a restart. If one team wants to keep playing, then the game should be finished.

EDIT: Conventional Playcalling unless both parties agree to Gameflow.

Hurry Up-
Hurry up can not be called on fourth down plays(unless absolutely necassary, end of half or 4th quarter.
Hurry can also not be used consecutively. For example, 1st and 10 you have a 4 yard pass and call hurry up. You then have 4 yard pass. You can not call hurry up for third down. Another example, 1st and 10 you have a 6 yard pass, but go to play call menu. 2nd down you have a 1 yard run, you then can use hurry up for third down. However, if you convert you have to go to the play call screen on first down. Last example, 1st, 2nd and 3rd down you go to the play call screen. Let's say you convert 3rd down, you can use hurry up for the following 1st down play.

Exceptions to the consecutive hurry up rule-
Down by 17 or more- You can use hurry up consistently starting in the 3rd quarter.
Down by 1-16- You can use hurry up in the fourth quarter.
Under Two Minutes- You can use hurry up in the 2nd quarter when it's under two minutes.

Onside Kick-
You can use an onside kick in the following situations.
Down by 17 or more- You can onside kick as long as it's in the second half.
Down by 1-16 points- You can onside kick as long as it's in the fourth quarter

Fourth Down-
You can go for it in the following situations.
Fourth and 3 and less- You can go for it as long as you are past midfield.
Down by 17 or more- You can go for it at any point in the second half.
Down by 9-16 Points- You can go for it at any point beyond 1:00 left in the 3rd quarter.
Down by 8 Points- You can go for it at any point in the fourth quarter
The only other time you can go for it is if you are between the 35-45 yard line and your are out of your kickers range.

Squib Kick-
Squib Kicks will not be outlawed. However, if you recover a squib kick that was not recovered by the returning team first, then you will have to punt immediately.

Two Point-
Only go for it in situations that makes sense. We all know what that means by now.

Game Play Styles-
We should also know this kind of stuff as well. Obviously, no nano blitz or cheap tactics like sending everyone deep and then running with the qb. 5 wide runs and hb streaks directly in the middle of the field from the backfield, if abused, will be considered cheese as well.

Punishments-
First strike- Warning, Second Strike- Replay of the game, Third Strike- Forfeit of the game, Fourth Strike- Ban from tournaments.

If the infraction is bad enough, then I may skip right to the second strike.

Position Swaps-
The only position swap that is outlawed is moving a WR to TE. Everything else is fair game.

QB Swap-
If you swap QB's then you have to inform your opponent. Only exceptions are Wildcat formations.

Showboating-
Diving into the end zone and high stepping will be allowed. Don't abuse it or if you know your opponent is sensitive to that type of thing, just don't use it.

Quitting-
Quitting a game if it's out of reach is fine as stats and xp won't play a role.

Lineups- I expect everyone to set up their lineups before the game in your menus. No one will be required to keep the game paused so you can change your entire lineup.

Disonnects-
Each disconnect will be judged individually. If both parties agree to a restart, that's fine then just replay the game.

Connection Issue-
If a game can absolutely not be played for any type of connection issue, then the higher seed will advance. If there's any way around this like having them swap opponents then we may do something like that depending on the situation.

Participants- Seed- Gamertag/Cag- Team 1/Team 2/Team 3

1. Doomtime/Doomtime - Falcons, Steelers and Texans
2. Chetty12/Chetty12 - Green Bay Packers, New York Jets and Buffalo Bills
3. MasterAwsome/MasterAwsome- Browns, Titans, Giants
4. Ramesuthe1/Ramesuthe1 - Seahawks, Cowboys and Redskins
5. Hemingway12/Hemingway012 - Packers, Falcons, and Bengals
6. mog3526/augmog - Ravens, Raiders and Bears
7. sprice20/sprice8688 - Lions, Ravens and Seahawks
8. Bseti50/Bseti50 - Patriots, Bengals and Seahawks
9. L4WII/Cool_iAM - Ravens, Broncos and Eagles
10. Doo Mane/Doo Mane- Eagles, Jets, Raiders
11. Man2008/Man2008- Redskins, 49ers, Texans
12. Og Whitewidow/ Og Whitewidow- Patriots, Giants, Broncos
13. DVO21/DVO21- 49ers, Packers, Falcons
14. Deuce20602/Deuce20602 - Panthers, 49ers and Bengal
15. X Matt Young X/Matt Young- Packers, Broncos, 49ers
16. hotitlnstln/itlnstln- Lions, Ravens, Packers
17. bakenator11/jbake_11- Giants/49ers/Cowboys
18. Sicsonic/sicsonic- Seahawks, Texans, Vikings

Last edited by a moderator:
Doom, Cool, Sprice and Mog have all said they were interested. Just waiting to hear back at what teams they want.

Hem signed up but needs to pick his teams
Bseti wants to sign up and has only chose the pats so far.

So we have 9 currently, If we end up around 12 then we will do double elimination. If we get 16 or higher, then we most likely will do single elimination.

I'm also sending messages to Sprice and Mog to see if they have decided on their teams. I'll also see if Bseti wants to add anyone to his list of teams. I'll start working on what the seeding should look like as well. The only difficult one to decide on currently is Cool because im not sure what his record is because he changed coaches before the start of the season.

Seeding so far

1. Doomtime
2. Chetty12
3. Bseti50
4. Mog
5. Ramesuthe1
6. Sprice
7. Hemingway12
8. Cool
9. Deuce

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I want in!

MasterAwesome/MasterAwesome - Bills, Titans, Browns[/QUOTE]

MasterAwesome with the worst team combination award lol

Sprice chose lions, ravens and seahawks
Mog chose raiders, ravens and bears
Cool wanted to change Seattle to Philly

Master joined as well and is currently the 3 seed.

Updated Seeding:

1. Doomtime
2. Chetty12
3. MasterAwsome
4. Mog3526
5. Hemingway12
6. Bseti50
7. Sprice20
8. Ramesuthe1
9. L4WII
10. Deuce20602

Here are the rules so far. No one sent any negative feedback to my PM's, so i'm assuming everyone is ok with the rules so far.

Game Settings- Will be played at the standard 5 minutes per quarter with accell clock off. Difficulty will be at All Pro. Higher seed is the home team and Weather should be set for clear. Any games not set for these settings should be restarted.

Onside Kick- You can use an onside kick in the following situations.
Down by 17 or more- You can onside kick as long as it's in the second half.
Down by 1-16 points- You can onside kick as long as it's in the fourth quarter

Fourth Down- You can go for it in the following situations.
Fourth and 3 and less- You can go for it as long as you are past midfield.
Down by 17 or more- You can go for it at any point in the second half.
Down by 9-16 Points- You can go for it at any point beyond 1:00 left in the 3rd quarter.
Down by 8 Points- You can go for it at any point in the fourth quarter
The only other time you can go for it is if you are between the 35-45 yard line and your are out of your kickers range.

Squib Kick- Squib Kicks will not be outlawed. However, if you recover a squib kick that was not recovered by the returning team first, then you will have to punt immediately.

Two Point- Only go for it in situations that makes sense. We all know what that means by now.

Game Play Styles- We should also know this kind of stuff as well. Obviously, no nano blitz or cheap tactics like sending everyone deep and then running with the qb. 5 wide runs and hb streaks directly in the middle of the field from the backfield, if abused, will be considered cheese as well.

Punishments- First strike- Warning, Second Strike- Replay of the game, Third Strike- Forfeit of the game, Fourth Strike- Ban from tournaments.

If the infraction is bad enough, then I may skip right to the second strike.

Position Swaps- The only position swap that is outlawed is moving a WR to TE. Everything else is fair game.

QB Swap- If you swap QB's then you have to inform your opponent. Only exception is Wildcat formations.

Showboating- Diving into the end zone and high stepping will be allowed. Don't abuse it or if you know your opponent is sensitive to that type of thing, just don't use it.

Quitting- Quitting a game if it's out of reach is fine as stats and xp won't play a role.

Lineups- I expect everyone to set up their lineups before the game in your menus. No one will be required to keep the game paused so you can change your entire lineup.

Connection Issue- If a game can absolutely not be played for any type of connection issue, then the higher seed will advance. If there's any way around this like having them swap opponents then we may do something like that depending on the situation.

[quote name='Cool_iAM']Can I swap giants for Seattle last change if it's not to late[/QUOTE]

Thats fine. Any team changes just have to be posted in the thread by the signup deadline, which is May 1st at 6PM est

Rule Addition:

Hurry up can not be called on fourth down plays(unless absolutely necassary, end of half or 4th quarter.
Hurry can also not be used consecutively. For example, 1st and 10 you have a 4 yard pass and call hurry up. You then have 4 yard pass. You can not call hurry up for third down. Another example, 1st and 10 you have a 6 yard pass, but go to play call menu. 2nd down you have a 1 yard run, you then can use hurry up for third down. However, if you convert you have to go to the play call screen on first down. Last example, 1st, 2nd and 3rd down you go to the play call screen. Let's say you convert 3rd down, you can use hurry up for the following 1st down play.

[quote name='Cool_iAM']Can I swap giants for Seattle last change if it's not to late[/QUOTE]

I just realized your list is Ravens, Seahawks and the Giants. So i'm not sure if you want to swap a different team for the Seahawks or not?

I've been contemplating this for a couple days. But i have decided that i will be putting up a reward for the winner of the tournament. The winner will receive a code for 1000 Microsoft Points. Remember the deadline for team selection and signing up for the tourny will be tomorrow(05/01/2013) at 6PM EST.

Edit: I should be up to date on any team changes, but i would check the OP just to make sure.

[quote name='jbake_11']hey im in the CAG league, ill give it a go.

xbl bakenator11-jbake_11-Cag-Giants/49ers/Cowboys[/QUOTE]

And the first gentlemen leaguer signs up.

[quote name='jbake_11']And if I could end up with the niners I'd be set.[/QUOTE]

Well you just choose before each game which team you want. If you want the 49ers everygame thats fine. Its just so people arnt stuck to one playstyle.

Just a reminder. Deadline for team selection and signing up is 6 pm tonight. Seeding will be finalized when the playoffs are done.

Because seeding wont be settled until Friday, i am moving the signup/team selection deadline to Friday at 6:00 Pm Est.

Official League Playoffs have finished and the seeding on the front of the page is up to date and official unless there's more signups. Deadline/Start time for the tournament will be Friday at 6:00 PM Est.

To keep it more interesting and because there is a prize on the line. We are going to do Double Elimination.

I'd like to swap the Bills out for the Giants! If a prize is involved, I figure I should throw in an actual solid team for emergencies...

So that leaves me with: Browns, Titans, Giants

Ill be finalizing the seeding before 6 Pm and tournament games can start being played at 6:15. Ill post the matchups after seeding is finalized. Make sure to get all team selections posted before 6.

Just have a few people showing interest. Everything should still be finalized and announced by 6:15.

Edit: OG is in, just waiting on his teams.

Finalized Seeding-

1. Doomtime/Doomtime - Falcons, Steelers and Texans
2. Chetty12/Chetty12 - Green Bay Packers, New York Jets and Buffalo Bills
3. MasterAwsome/MasterAwsome- Browns, Titans, Giants
4. Ramesuthe1/Ramesuthe1 - Seahawks, Cowboys and Redskins
5. Hemingway12/Hemingway012 - Packers, Falcons, and Bengals
6. mog3526/augmog - Ravens, Raiders and Bears
7. sprice20/sprice8688 - Lions, Ravens and Seahawks
8. Bseti50/Bseti50 - Patriots, Bengals and Seahawks
9. L4WII/Cool_iAM - Ravens, Broncos and Eagles
10. Doo Mane/Doo Mane- Eagles, Jets, Raiders
11. Man2008/Man2008- Redskins, 49ers, Texans
12. Og Whitewidow/ Og Whitewidow- Patriots, Giants, Broncos
13. DVO21/DVO21- 49ers, Packers, Falcons
14. Deuce20602/Deuce20602 - Panthers, 49ers and Bengal
15. X Matt Young X/Matt Young- Packers, Broncos, 49ers
16. hotitlnstln/itlnstln- Lions, Ravens, Packers
17. bakenator11/jbake_11- Giants/49ers/Cowboys
18. Sicsonic/sicsonic- Seahawks, Texans, Vikings

Deuce's Win percentage got him above Matt Young/Hotitlnstln. DooMane's Win percentage got him above Man. Bakenator and Sicsonic, i didn't get your records in enough time(looking back i should have asked them upfront) so i seeded you by when you signed up. Bake signed up first so he got the 17 and Sic got the 18.

Link to the bracket- http://challonge.com/u9sup6ac

Matchups will be posted in the next post.

bread's done
Back