Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition

canuckcollector

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
271393_LELG.jpg

http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition/316487

Not really a deal, but probably worth a thread. It's up in the ebgames website now. No sign of the collector's edition at amazon, FS, and BB yet.

Update. amazon.ca pre-order is up now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how many pages the artbook will be? I'm not really interested in anything else.

EDIT: Maybe the game.

[quote name='vetrax']does anyone know how many pages the artbook will be? I'm not really interested in anything else.

Edit: Maybe the game.[/quote]

[quote name='Gamer SDP']the US website still has it ff anyone of you Canadians have friends or family in the US.[/QUOTE]

Or if you feel like shelling out $20 for shipping it up here. Probably a good deal compared to what the eBay markup will be.

So can you still pre-order this bugger in stores? I'd hate to have to grab it off ebay. Though I suppose a regular edition wouldn't be the end of the world.

For those of you that live in Toronto, there's a EB Games across Cedarbre Mall where I ordered mine just today, and they said I was the first to order. They probably have more slots if you go tomorrow.

[quote name='QuagsireQing']As of April 19, the Collector's Edition SKU has been removed from in-store pre-order lists. EB is officially sold out.[/QUOTE]

Wait what? Really? It's still available on gamestop.com, so chances are either

a) It really is that limited and the american's just aren't picking up on it

b) Canada just got a really shitty allotment of them which is typical due to the population size of Canada.

I haven't heard a thing about what the North American print run is. But the European run is only 10,000 copies. Even if America got several times that, I'd be surprised if we got 5,000.

Went to EB, they said Canada only has an allocation of about 1,500 lol. And 600 copies were sold on the same day so at this time they need to figure out how to distribute the rest across all the stores. I already got a preorder in on the site so doesn't matter, but I wanted to secure one in store too. Oh well, I'll have to take my chances now. No loss if I can't get it I guess.

Possibly, if what that girl said was true. She looked up an email and told me what it said. They will likely be splitting up the stock among stores, but I guess each store will end up getting only a couple copies. You probably have to check with your store(s).

[quote name='Cthulhu']So does that mean they're going to release more copies for pre-order?[/QUOTE]

IIRC something similar happened with Persona 4 Golden, although it was Atlus that granted Canada more copies. I think I read that on their forums.

[quote name='canuckcollector']Amazon.ca link

If anyone wants to grab a standard edition, amazon.ca has it for $49.99. All other retailers listed it at $59.99.[/QUOTE]

I might pick this up definitely considering it

Best Buy is offering 800 RZ points on both Project X Zone and Tales of Xillia [regular edition] in case anyone was looking to get both day one, plus an extra $10.

What do you mean with "plus an extra 10$?" I wish BB still did their 5$ off preorders thing. That was pretty sweet in hindsight.

Is it? first of all I don't see where it says 800 RZ for Project X Zone and second... I don't think I got anything out of them. Once I got a gift certificate that expired within a couple weeks so I didn't get ot use it.

[quote name='jeffx']The Collector's Edition is up on amazon.com but I have no idea which package forwarding service to use now that GFC is out of service.

Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Finally, thanks for the heads up. Now I can send it to the service my friend has... it's near the border, so only need to pay $2.5 usd to use the address.

Where are you guys finding your information on LE items. I would have liked to have gotten that animal crossing 3ds from japan if I had known it was coming out. Hell just random gaming related items that are limited I can throw on my desk.

Edit: Didn't know about Project X Zone. Kos-mos, Selvaria Bles! I would have liked to see some of the Soul Calibur characters in it. Taki, Sophitia team would have been awsome.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VetraX']Best Buy is offering 800 RZ points on both Project X Zone and Tales of Xillia [regular edition] in case anyone was looking to get both day one, plus an extra $10.[/QUOTE]

Project x zone is not under 800 points tab. I would have switched my amazon.ca preoroder otherwise...

[quote name='Faytz']Finally, thanks for the heads up. Now I can send it to the service my friend has... it's near the border, so only need to pay $2.5 usd to use the address.[/QUOTE]

That's what I do for US stuff too. I just pay a couple bucks for each package routed through them. The cost is a non-issue, as I gas up every time I pickup something, and that savings alone covers the expense/time/effort.

It's really annoying Gamestop.com blocks such purchases.

[quote name='canuckcollector']Project x zone is not under 800 points tab. I would have switched my amazon.ca preoroder otherwise...[/QUOTE]

Good catch. Anyway I usually preorder from a couple places (BB, FS, Amazon) and only keep the nicest copy.

@Trogdor469 - the Animal Crossing 3DS XL is coming out here in North America. Actually, it's in the RZ section. They must've updated it overnight. Too bad the Luigi 3DS XL is Japan only at the moment. I'd have killed for that.

[quote name='canuckcollector']Project x zone is not under 800 points tab. I would have switched my amazon.ca preoroder otherwise...[/QUOTE]

Sure.

Im just curious how people are figuring out how people are coming across the information for LE's, particularly in Japan. My brother serves in South Korea and can probably get stuff that we cant get here in america.

[quote name='Trogdor469']Im just curious how people are figuring out how people are coming across the information for LE's, particularly in Japan. My brother serves in South Korea and can probably get stuff that we cant get here in america.[/QUOTE]

Read gaming blogs, news sites. Unless you know japanese, you just have to get the info through the second hand sources everyone else does.

[quote name='jeffx']Good catch. Anyway I usually preorder from a couple places (BB, FS, Amazon) and only keep the nicest copy.[/QUOTE]\

Wow! And my friends think I'm too picky. You are truly hardcore my friend. :applause:

i dont get it ... why everyone such a huge fan ? they always english dub and it usually makes teh game terrible D: but this time i hear its better than most

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']i dont get it ... why everyone such a huge fan ? they always english dub and it usually makes teh game terrible D: but this time i hear its better than most[/QUOTE]

don't get it then. What can I say.

[quote name='ragnar14']That's what I do for US stuff too. I just pay a couple bucks for each package routed through them. The cost is a non-issue, as I gas up every time I pickup something, and that savings alone covers the expense/time/effort.

It's really annoying Gamestop.com blocks such purchases.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Between me and my friend one of us will visit before the two week deadline so, all good.

bread's done
Back