PAX Prime 2013 Thread: CAGs Against Banality

blueshinra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
It's been decided: the post-PAX CAG meetup will be on Monday! Details below:

Post-PAX Meetup: Monday, September 2nd at 7:00 PM, Rock Bottom Brewery - gathering place is outside the Convention Center in front of FedEx, after the Omegathon Finals.
RSVP: R. Kasahara, bitprophet, creid, soulvengeance (+2), metaly

Pre-PAX Meetup: Thursday, August 29 at 6:30 PM, Quinn's Pub. I think most everyone who's coming knows what I look like, so just come find me at the pub when you get there :razz:
RSVP: R. Kasahara, bitprophet, creid (+2), zenprime, metaly

I think that's all for now. bitprophet and I are going to be flying up on Tuesday, but we'll still keep an eye on this thread. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! :whee:

ETA (08/27): creid's started a CAG PAX group on GroupMe

Well, I don't exactly know how groupme works, but I signed up for an account and started a group. Should be able to join here: https://groupme.com/join_group/5392471/HyJCGw
ETA (08/29): Our small pre-PAX meetup was fun (and Quinn's is awesome). zenprime introduced us all to Cards Against Humanity afterward. Two other groups also started games; it's definitely the top card game in the Sheraton lobby tonight :razz:

I also got rid of the poll (again), since we've settled on the date/time for the post-PAX meetup.

Old Thread Subtitles:
04/17 - Can't Think of a Catchy Subtitle
04/17-06/13 - Brought to You by the Letter Q(ueue)
06/13-08/07 - DINNERtime JEKKIstyle
08/07-08/22 - Scheduling and Other Fun Headaches
08/22-08/29 - #paxiscoming
Old Text and ETAs:
Passes are on sale! Go go go! - http://prime.paxsite.com/registration ETA (5:06 PM PST): :hot: COMPLETELY SOLD OUT :hot:

ETA (4/26): NOT QUITE SOLD OUT! See the second post for details.

ETA (5/22): NOW TOTALLY FOR REALS SOLD OUT!

Note that since Prime is four days this year, the change in prices for the event-long pass reflects that.

And yes, we're doing the CAG meetup again this year, dammit, but will be meeting in front of the convention center this time. And hopefully they'll choose a more reasonable game for the final Omegathon round, so that doesn't run over again :p

--------

Schedule's still not up yet, so I don't know when would be the best time for a mid- or post-PAX meetup, though kube00's preference is Sunday night.

However... I'd like to do a pre-PAX get-together. In discussions of good food places, JEKKI mentioned Quinn's as somewhere he wanted to check out, and the menu does look good :drool:, so that's my first choice for a pre-PAX meetup. It would be on Thursday evening, but I'm not sure what time yet... whatever's most convenient for everyone.

Pre-PAX Meetup RSVP: R. Kasahara, bitprophet, JEKKI, creid (+2), zenprime, EvilIA, metaly

--------

Now that the schedule's live, we should start thinking about a mid- or post-PAX CAG meetup. What times are best for everyone? Friday and Saturday nights are no-gos for me; Sunday or Monday (post-Omegathon) are a bit better.

The pre-PAX thing is at Quinn's; see details in the second post. Pre-PAX Meetup RSVP: R. Kasahara, bitprophet, JEKKI, creid (+2), zenprime, EvilIA, metaly

--------

So in the poll I set up (regarding when to hold the mid- or post-PAX meetup), Sunday night and Monday night got the most votes, with six each. I can't set up a new poll that voids the old one here, and trying to somehow messed with said old one, so please let me know what your preference is by posting in the thread. (ETA: Got a new poll working, so vote away!)

The pre-PAX thing is (still) at Quinn's on Thursday night. Is 6:30 PM a good time for everyone?
Pre-PAX Meetup RSVP: R. Kasahara (+2), bitprophet, JEKKI, creid (+2), zenprime, EvilIA, metaly

It's almost here OMG :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Important Links

Pretty Much Mandatory:
- PAX Prime Official Site
- Twitter: Offical_PAX - Updates on nearly everything PAX-related. If you have a Twitter account, you can also ask them questions. Covers PAX East and PAX Aus as well!
- Twitter: PAX_lines - Information about lines for panels, concerts, etc. The most useful PAX-related Twitter after the official account.

Not Mandatory, but Still Helpful:
- PAX Prime-related threads on the Penny Arcade forums (thanks zenprime!)
- Twitter: PAXParties - Party and meetup information.
- Twitter: PAX_Tourney - Tournament information.
- PAX Pokemon League - In case you want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Not-Necessarily-PAX-Related Useful Links:
- Yelp listings/reviews for Downtown Seattle businesses
- Washington State Convention Center official website

Schedule

This year's PAX Prime takes place from Friday, August 30st to Monday, September 2nd. Yep, it's the first four-day-long PAX!
ALL passes are SOLD OUT.

The schedule is live! Here's a Google Docs spreadsheet version (thanks kube00!).

For you smartphone users, PAX has a Guidebook guide, available for every major mobile OS. To get it, see the links on the front page of the official site.

Recommended Panels:
Some of my personal top picks, based on past experiences:
- Game Show Night (any and all of them)
- Retrogame Roadshow
- Awesome Video Game Data
- Omegathon Final Round

Parties and Meetups:
- CAG Meetup! (Pre-PAX) - Quinn's, Thursday at 6:30 PM (the exact time is tentative). Just a little informal get-together on the night before the show. See OP for the RSVP list.
- CAG Meetup! (Post-PAX) - Rock Bottom Brewery, Monday at 7PM. Much like last year, we'll meet up in front of the Convention Center by the FedEx before heading over. See OP for the RSVP list.
- Fangamer X Attract Mode - Saturday, August 31 (thanks creid!)

In addition to the PAX Parties Twitter (see above), some other party-related links from zenprime:
- PA Forum PAX Prime Parties thread - First post is constantly updated with parties and info. Good thread.
- Facebook group PAX Prime Parties
- Sidequesting list of PAX Prime Parties - They scooped a party or two a day before I saw it elsewhere last year

Accommodations

Hotel registration

Transportation

Planes
- Hipmunk is a handy tool for airplane ticket price comparisons.
- I couldn't find any discount codes for either flights or rental cars this year.

Trains
- PAX Train 2013 - The nerdiest Amtrak ride ever.
- King County Metro Transit

Automobiles
Note that if you're coming in from out of town by plane or train, you should not need a rental car. Downtown Seattle is very walkable, especially if you're in a hotel close to the convention center, and there is public transit both from the airport and close to Amtrak.

If you do have to drive, both kube00 and zenprime have vouched for the Convention Center's own parking.

Food, Tourist Stuff, and Miscellaneous

Food
- The convention center's food is expensive, of course. One of the more reasonably-priced places there is the Juicy Cafe.
- True cheapasses may want to bring their own drinks and snacks for the day. There's a supermarket downtown that's a little upscale, but otherwise pretty decent. Not far from there is a Target.
- A lot of PAX-goers hit up Specialty's Bakery and Cafe during the con, mainly for breakfast.
- For a quick, inexpensive, and very tasty lunch, definitely check out MOD Pizza.
- Previous years' meetups were at Gordon Biersch and Rock Bottom Brewery. Both are good places for dinner, though I think I liked Rock Bottom a little more :razz:
- A very handy contribution from zenprime:

Freshly stolen shared from the PA forums:
fast food map:
VEunhhU.jpg
Tourist Stuff
zenprime has some suggestions for out-of-towners who want to do non-PAX things in Seattle:

zenprime said:
Looking up events at Seattle Center, something called the "Seattle Interactive Media Museum" has "Video Arcade: A Hands-On Gaming Exhibit" in the Armory/center House area open Thurs-Sun 11am-7pm.

Pacific Science Center Exhibits: http://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/Exhibits/exhibits

And here is a the page for the Pacific Science Center's Imax Theater showtimes listing: http://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/IMAX-Theaters/Shows/imax
Right now it stops at June 4th, but closer to PAX you can see what'll be playing. They have two different Imaxs (Imaxi?) The Boeing Imax is 60' x 80' and has 3D. The PACCAR Imax is the 35' x 60' no 3D but renovated in 2011.

LaserDome link for those inclined to Laser Floyd: http://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/Laser-Dome/laserdome

Also in the Seattle Center Area is the Chihuly Garden and Glass Museam: http://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/

And the EMP Museum (formerly known as Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame or EMP|SFM) http://www.empmuseum.org/
Miscellaneous
- In case you need to ship anything home, there is a FedEx inside of the convention center. They also sell poster tubes (you're definitely going to need one of those).
- There are also USPS and UPS branches downtown, but they aren't as convenient to get to.

Helpful Tips

Thanks to kube00 for additional tips!

- Wear comfy shoes! Comfy clothing, too, but comfy shoes are more important.
- Bring the following stuff with you every day: PAX badge, schedule book (available at the show), bottled water, cash, hand sanitizer, camera of some kind, poster tube, handheld gaming device(s) of your choice.
- Be especially courteous to the Enforcers! They are volunteers who are there to help you, and they are awesome.
- Take showers (and practice proper hygiene in general) every day! A shower only takes 10 minutes each day and guarantees you won't be "that guy/girl with the confunk".
- If you're cosplaying, use common sense! Here's PAX's policy on prop weapons.

If you have any useful info and/or suggestions to add (to any category), please let me know!

We should probably also schedule the meetup slightly later to hedge against said Omegathon overrunning :D

Attempting hotel now...the hotel site seems to be slammed. Hrrgh.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']4 day passes sold out and this queue is insanely long.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. There's still individual passes for all four days, though, so that's the only choice left. The Offical PAX Twitter account has been updating with news about any technical issues people might have while getting passes.

We had to settle for non-con rates for our non-usual (albeit closer!) hotel because the "book it thru the con" site is 100% dead, and the regular hotels' availabilities are plummeting. Don't delay on your hotel! :s

4 day pass? Nope. Pleb Single day passes? Yes. Hotel? Yes but crappy, but no more playing "Extreme Sober Up drive 45 miles NOW - Home edition." It'll be saving 2 actual hours of driving and 2.5 imagined hours of stress each day.

Catchy subtitle suggestion: The queue starts here.

The latest Official PAX tweet:

[quote name='Official_PAX']There are 1600 people in line right now and 15,000 tickets left and Showclix is saying they have implemented fixes for the errors.[/quote]
Keep hope alive!

In other news, we've got our hotel booked and now working on transportation. Going to fly up and take Amtrak back down, giving us time to relax :)

ETA: Got a new subtitle up. Thanks for the suggestions, though!

As posted above Saturday is sold out and Sunday JUST sold out. I was lucky and got Friday and Sunday passes before Sunday got sold out! Good luck to those cags still trying to get tickets.

Edit: Just got the tweet @2:57 that Friday is sold out!

Edit: All days sold out except Monday.

Next year, we need to do a group buy or something. This was a little insane. Also I'm going to be so ashamed to be a 4 single day passes pleb. Must try to win a 4 day pass in the inevitable video game website contests.

I got in!! Fri Sat & Sun!!

anyone wanna share a hotel with me & my cousin?!?! all that's left to do is find a place to stay!!

I got in for Fri and Monday, can probably find some weekend passes from locals or friends nearby. Should be awesome this year!

I got a few passes for myself and a few friends. They are all for Monday, which was the only day available by the time I got through the queue. I'll at least be able to see the last day of the show.

When is the CAG usually held, I'd be down for making an appearance. Even though I'll only be attending the con for one day, I'll probably head up to Seattle a day or two early that weekend, and see the sights. (never toured Seattle properly before, gotta see the Space Needle, and check out Pink Gorilla)

I can't believe how fast the passes sold out this year! When I went in 2011, I was able to get passes for the whole thing when I ordered as soon as they were available. This year I was lucky to check Joystiq in the middle of the day, and got in the queue only an hour after they started selling. And I still only got passes for just one day. I would have thought that the increased prices and PAX East would have helped to soften the demand. No such luck. Insane!

[quote name='Richard Kain']When is the CAG usually held, I'd be down for making an appearance. Even though I'll only be attending the con for one day, I'll probably head up to Seattle a day or two early that weekend, and see the sights. (never toured Seattle properly before, gotta see the Space Needle, and check out Pink Gorilla)[/QUOTE]
The past couple of years, the meetups have been on Sunday nights, after the show's done, but since the show wraps up on Monday this time, I'm not sure what we'll do yet. Obviously, it will be determined by what everyone else's schedules are like, and don't forget that there'll be opportunities to meet up with (or just run into) CAGs throughout the show!

As for Pink Gorilla, your best bet is to check out their booth at the show. The day before last year, my husband and I checked out the International District, and although it was fun, Pink Gorilla was kind of a letdown, because it seems that they had already reserved a lot of their stock for their PAX booth.

[quote name='Richard Kain']I can't believe how fast the passes sold out this year! When I went in 2011, I was able to get passes for the whole thing when I ordered as soon as they were available. This year I was lucky to check Joystiq in the middle of the day, and got in the queue only an hour after they started selling. And I still only got passes for just one day. I would have thought that the increased prices and PAX East would have helped to soften the demand. No such luck. Insane![/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was nuts this year... and last year was pretty bad. Luckily, my husband managed to see the tweet from Official_PAX pretty much when it went up and called me right away. I was in the middle of something at the time, and if he hadn't seen that tweet, we might've been in the same boat. Fortunately, we got our passes, and I was able to help a few other CAGs get theirs on top of that.

Like zenprime said, we definitely need to do some sort of group order next year. All I know that once PAX Prime passes go on sale in 2014, if I can get four-day passes, I'm nabbing extras for people I know who might not be so lucky.

[quote name='Richard Kain']gotta see the Space Needle[/QUOTE]

I have some bad news for you; this crazy big music/arts festival called Bumbershoot is taking place the same weekend as PAX and is hosted in a venue literally next door to the Space Needle. So apparently it is going to be pretty swamped with folks who are in town for that event. It starts on the Saturday, no idea if the crowd appears before then or not.

We're going to be in town starting the Tuesday before so we may try to sneak up to the Needle before Bumbershoot starts. Depends, apparently the neighborhood around it has little else to recommend it?

Let's see, I think I have a little more rain I can dump on your parade...sorry :whistle2:|

[quote name='bitprophet']So apparently it is going to be pretty swamped with folks who are in town for that event.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, that's too bad. But it's okay, there are plenty of other things to check out in Seattle. I'd love to walk around Fisherman's Wharf again.

I actually did go to the Pink Gorilla booth at PAX in 2011. I bought a copy of The Ooze for the Sega Genesis. (a little-known title from Sega's A-list internal development team) I'm just worried that since I'll be going on Monday, the Pink Gorilla's Booth is going to be picked over already. I'll stop by there anyway, though. (love my classic games) I'll stop by one of their other locations if my sightseeing takes me nearby, but I won't make a special trip.

Well, I was able to snag a Monday Pass. However, I will keep an eye on Ebay as PAX gets closer. Last year I decided to go just 12 days before the event and was able to snag a 3 day pass for $102. No great, but not bad either. By the time Ebay/Paypal took their fees the seller didn't make much of a profit.

[quote name='Cephiros']Well, I was able to snag a Monday Pass. However, I will keep an eye on Ebay as PAX gets closer.[/QUOTE]

Scalping for an event like PAX is a terrible practice, as it strongly discourages out-of-towners from attending. Scalping on Ebay is slightly less offensive, since out-of-towners are still able to take advantage of it, but it does seem kind of counter-intuitive.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Ahhh, that's too bad. But it's okay, there are plenty of other things to check out in Seattle. I'd love to walk around Fisherman's Wharf again.

I actually did go to the Pink Gorilla booth at PAX in 2011. I bought a copy of The Ooze for the Sega Genesis. (a little-known title from Sega's A-list internal development team) I'm just worried that since I'll be going on Monday, the Pink Gorilla's Booth is going to be picked over already. I'll stop by there anyway, though. (love my classic games) I'll stop by one of their other locations if my sightseeing takes me nearby, but I won't make a special trip.[/QUOTE]
If you're looking for games specifically, then it might be worth the trip to one of their stores. My main gaming collecting interest is in soundtracks and figures, and there was more of both available at their booth.

I'm going to update the second post soon with general Seattle information. Also, if you haven't already booked your hotel, do so soon before all the rooms with the best rates are gone!

AFAIK the Bumbershoot crowd won't really be swamping Seattle Center until it starts.

Looking up events at Seattle Center, something called the "Seattle Interactive Media Museum" has "Video Arcade: A Hands-On Gaming Exhibit" in the Armory/center House area open Thurs-Sun 11am-7pm.

Pacific Science Center Exhibits: http://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/Exhibits/exhibits

And here is a the page for the Pacific Science Center's Imax Theater showtimes listing: http://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/IMAX-Theaters/Shows/imax
Right now it stops at June 4th, but closer to PAX you can see what'll be playing. They have two different Imaxs (Imaxi?) The Boeing Imax is 60' x 80' and has 3D. The PACCAR Imax is the 35' x 60' no 3D but renovated in 2011.

LaserDome link for those inclined to Laser Floyd: http://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/Laser-Dome/laserdome

Also in the Seattle Center Area is the Chihuly Garden and Glass Museam: http://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/

And the EMP Museum (formerly known as Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame or EMP|SFM) http://www.empmuseum.org/

yadda yadda ya

oh blarg, nearly forgot this: be sure to keep an eye on the PA forums for events, gatherings, carrying-ons and what-nots. I'm thinking about doing the whole Buttoner thing this year. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/pax-prime

As per my yearly Pre-PAX Madness (I really need to document this to get in to DSM-VII (No way in hell I'm getting it into DSM-VI)) I'll be lurking the PA forums for the goodies until PAX and during PAX. Same name, same avatar too.

[quote name='blueshinra']

As for Pink Gorilla, your best bet is to check out their booth at the show. The day before last year, my husband and I checked out the International District, and although it was fun, Pink Gorilla was kind of a letdown, because it seems that they had already reserved a lot of their stock for their PAX booth.

[/QUOTE]

They have a better, bigger store across the street from the University of Washington (although it might be out of the way for some con goers). They also opened a new store in west seattle earlier this year, and I think are opening one in bellevue soon (or already).

Are you fucking kidding me!? I thought tickets weren't on sale until May last year.

My son is going to be very disappointed.

You know, you'd think they might send out an email to people who went before at least letting them know of the possibility of tickets being on sale.

Edit: Just looked it up and I bought my passes last year on May 2nd. So that's why I wasn't even thinking about PAX Prime yet.

Sorry to hear you and your son won't be making it this year, io :whistle2:(

Last year, registration opened in late April, but they had technical problems, so they shut it down until early May.

Four-day passes this year sold out in less than half an hour, and everything was gone in less than six. And the depressing thing is, it's only going to get crazier next year @_@

Next year, I think I'm going to start the PAX thread in early April-- mainly to remind people that pass sales will be starting soon, but also to organize group buys.

[quote name='io']
You know, you'd think they might send out an email to people who went before at least letting them know of the possibility of tickets being on sale.[/QUOTE]

Apparently this year they used the PAX Twitter feed to initially announce the availability of passes. Now that I finally got a smartphone with a data plan, I'm going to sign up for that bloody feed. Next year I don't want to be scrambling just to get a single day pass.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Apparently this year they used the PAX Twitter feed to initially announce the availability of passes. Now that I finally got a smartphone with a data plan, I'm going to sign up for that bloody feed. Next year I don't want to be scrambling just to get a single day pass.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I signed up for that last year just to get show info. I have it on my phone but I almost never read Twitter. It is just not a convenient thing for me and I kind of dislike that everyone goes to that now for distributing info. Even if I did check it, I probably wouldn't have done so until late afternoon Weds and probably would have missed it anyway (or there might have just been Monday passes left which would have been useless by themselves).

Oh well... I guess it is just not meant to be. It will save me a ton of money at least. It cost us well over $1000 to go last year.

One more handy tip, hand sanitizer, bring it and use it
! I got sick last year after the show and I know Zen has gotten sick in the past.

And make sure you shower...trust me some of the people, oi!

[quote name='kube00']One more handy tip, hand sanitizer, bring it and use it
! I got sick last year after the show and I know Zen has gotten sick in the past.

And make sure you shower...trust me some of the people, oi![/QUOTE]
Good tips; I've added them :)

As for the showering bit, that's potentially one bad thing about the show being four days long this year. Thankfully, most PAX goers aren't confunky, but I hope I don't sit next to any that are on Monday.

[quote name='io']The thing is, I'm pretty sure I signed up for that last year just to get show info. I have it on my phone but I almost never read Twitter. It is just not a convenient thing for me and I kind of dislike that everyone goes to that now for distributing info. Even if I did check it, I probably wouldn't have done so until late afternoon Weds and probably would have missed it anyway (or there might have just been Monday passes left which would have been useless by themselves).

Oh well... I guess it is just not meant to be. It will save me a ton of money at least. It cost us well over $1000 to go last year.[/QUOTE]

Looks like some tickets got taken back, so you might have another chance to buy in the near future.

[quote name='soulvengeance']Looks like some tickets got taken back, so you might have another chance to buy in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Got a link to the ticket recall?

Interesting - I guess people hoarded them for resale. I am working on getting a couple from another source so we'll see. I might be able to go after all.

The problem is that without knowing for sure, I don't want to make any hotel/plane/rental car arrangements. I checked the hotels on the PAX site and they are all pretty much gone at the convention rate so I can't even get a decent rate just to hold till I'm sure of the tickets. Last year I booked the hotel almost immediately after getting the tickets.

I was considering driving this time, but I don't want to stay downtown then (ridiculous parking rates) or commute in from somewhere (again, where to park?). Another option is staying near the airport (whether I fly up or drive) and using the train each day to get to the convention. The problem with that is the extra time - we were so exhausted just being at PAX without dealing with all that. Plus we were able to drop stuff off at the hotel at lunch, etc, and then go back. My son really liked going back late at night a couple of nights to play in the PC area. We wouldn't be able to do that if we stayed at the airport.

[quote name='io']Interesting - I guess people hoarded them for resale. I am working on getting a couple from another source so we'll see. I might be able to go after all.

The problem is that without knowing for sure, I don't want to make any hotel/plane/rental car arrangements. I checked the hotels on the PAX site and they are all pretty much gone at the convention rate so I can't even get a decent rate just to hold till I'm sure of the tickets. Last year I booked the hotel almost immediately after getting the tickets.

I was considering driving this time, but I don't want to stay downtown then (ridiculous parking rates) or commute in from somewhere (again, where to park?). Another option is staying near the airport (whether I fly up or drive) and using the train each day to get to the convention. The problem with that is the extra time - we were so exhausted just being at PAX without dealing with all that. Plus we were able to drop stuff off at the hotel at lunch, etc, and then go back. My son really liked going back late at night a couple of nights to play in the PC area. We wouldn't be able to do that if we stayed at the airport.[/QUOTE]

Zen knows a few cheap places to park, you could stay outside downtown and ride the monorail/bus in.

I park at the convention center for $15 ish for the entire day, 7am-to after 9pm most of the time.

Cheap places to park? I'm all out. I lucked out my first couple of PAXes, but as of 2 PAXes ago (2011?) I've been singing the praises of the convention center parking. It's in the same price range as places 5+ blocks out for 12+ hrs stays. And it's right there so you can run down to your car to drop off/pick up stuff. If you're going to just be at PAX for "PAX hours" and not go to evening parties, meetups and what have you, I'm sure there are cheaper options.

Thinking about doing a recon tour of places a week or two out of PAX. Also I don't get up to Seattle as much as I would like too these days.

I've booked my hotel for me and my group. We'll be staying at the W. There were closer hotels available, but I liked the W's general location. (especially how close it is to Pike's Place Market) And it's plenty close enough.

If I can get multi-day passes next year, I'm going to book some rooms at the Sheraton. (right across the street from the convention center) Because I'm only coming for one day of the show this year, I had a lot more flexbility for the accommodations.

[quote name='kube00']Let's get more food places listed in the OP! I know we all like Subway or Jimmy Johns!
I heard Vons down from Gameworks closed, any of the closer to Seattle PAX go'ers know for sure?

PAX Foums has a thread on food, I will be checking this out and making a list before I venture out this year
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/177477/2013-restaurantbar-discussion/p1

Or not and I'll just go to MOD Pizza and Subway[/QUOTE]
I'm all for more food suggestions :D A lot of the chain restaurants around the convention center (Subway, Cheesecake Factory) get pretty busy, and I'd be down with more places to eat at.

Speaking of which, anyone want to do a pre-PAX informal get-together on Thursday sometime? Not sure where, but if it's for lunch, I'm leaning toward MOD Pizza.

God I miss living in Seattle, I used to live in an apartment not 2 blocks from the convention center.

bread's done
Back