New Zelda for 3DS!

Definitely agree with that. Phanton Hourglass was ok I guess--I did finish it. But I never did get through all of Spirit Tracks.

[quote name='GUNNM']Awesome the oracle games coming to the 3DS VC.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I really wish they would loosen up their DRM policies. I love having these games on my 3DS for on-the-go gaming, but it's hard to make the purchase knowing the restrictions. Make them all 30 cents and I won't complain about buying multiple copies though . . .

Very excited that Nintendo FINALLY listened and brought out an old school Zelda, albeit with new features, but I am excited!

Every time a new Zelda game comes out it reminds me of all the ones I never finished. Need more time in the day :)

Edit: I never could get into the Oracle games. Their fetch quests were a little annoying and convoluted.
I finished Twilight Princess and thought it was better than everyone made it sound.
Started Skyward Sword, only the very beginning.
Zelda II (the black sheep) is still probably my favorite Zelda.
Minish Cap was awesome.
It's hard to believe how awesome Link's Awakening was all the way through for a "handheld" game at the time. Still holds up.
I didn't finish LTTP until playing it on the Gameboy SP. Finally saw why everyone loved it so much!
I'm probably about 70% through Wind Waker but have yet to finish it.
I started Majora's Mask and really liked the darker tone, still need to go back and play through.
I didn't play Phantom Hourglass since it starts right where Wind Waker ends. I started Spirit Tracks but never went back to it.
Zelda (the original) still makes me nostalgic for gold cartridges and the moment the first time I saw the game in action thinking I need a NES!
Last but not least, never finished Ocarina! Had a N64 for a little while, started it. Moved on to gamecube had it on there and got up to the water temple which I never actually played any of it. Have it now on 3DS....played up to the 2nd dungeon maybe...I think it's time to revisit and finish :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spmahn']Am I the only one who thinks the SNES graphics from 20 years ago are better than the graphics on the 3DS version now?[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm hoping that it being a WIP means they'll clean up the models some more. As it is, it looks like a DS title as opposed to a 3DS title.

[quote name='spmahn']Am I the only one who thinks the SNES graphics from 20 years ago are better than the graphics on the 3DS version now?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about better but the sprites certainly are timeless. It is still going to look good 20 years from now and we know the new one will look dated at that point. I'm excited for a fresh coat of paint though in a 2.5D style.

I'll admit that video was a bit disheartening. Hopefully it doesn't mean much for the final product. I wish they would have went with a more wind waker-ish game for the 3DS. Not in the vain of the DS titles either, something in 3D more like the original Wind Waker but a little more difficult.

Probably will buy a 3DS for this. Could not stand Phantom Hourglass (Ugh forced stylus controls ruined it for me), so I'm glad that I'll be able to use the control pad.

[quote name='jza1218']Probably will buy a 3DS for this. Could not stand Phantom Hourglass (Ugh forced stylus controls ruined it for me), so I'm glad that I'll be able to use the control pad.[/QUOTE]

Agree, I played Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass and I couldn't finish them because my hand hurt when I used the stylus for a long period of time.

I had to start each of them a couple of times because of the same reasons. Phantom Hourglass was OK but Spirit Tracks just wasn't much fun because of the train.

I wasn't so hot on the idea of stylus-based controls. They weren't that bad, and got a lot better as the game became more rich and open (as with all Zelda games) as you went along. Both worth a playthrough, but not the best Zelda games either. That being said, can't wait for this game to come out as A Link to the Past is my favorite!

Aonuma: Link to the Past sequel will play different to the original, more unexpected elements in Zelda Wii U

June 6th, 2013 Posted in General Nintendo, News, Posted by Brian | No Comments »

The new Zelda: A Link to the Past game on 3DS and Zelda Wii U title will both introduce brand new elements.

When it comes to the Link to the Past sequel, Aonuma said that it “will play very differently to the original.” The development team is adding in “new additions” that “will make players see the game in a different way.”

Aonuma also spoke very briefly about Nintendo’s original Zelda Wii U game, which will “introduce even more unexpected elements”.

Aonuma told EDGE this month:

“The new game (A Link To The Past 2) will play very differently to the original. I think the new additions will make players see the game in a different way. And, of course, we’ll introduce even more unexpected elements in the Zelda game that we’re making for Wii U.”

Link to the Past 3DS sequel has “big surprise that will shock players”, returning characters
June 6th, 2013 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Brian | No Comments »

More snippets from EDGE’s Eiji Aonuma have emerged. The latest talk specifically covers Nintendo’s 3DS follow-up to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Speaking with EDGE, Aonuma teased “a big surprise that will shock players” right at the beginning, and confirmed the return of characters from the original game:

“This new title will feature lots of things that are new to the series; right at the start of the game, there’s a big surprise that will shock players. We started out with the new play mechanics, such as Link being able to become a painting and walk along the walls, and then figured out from there how to build a story around them. Rather than forcing elements of the original story into this one, we’ve instead focused on bringing back the characters, so you can see what happened to them after the events of the first game.”

Aonuma also spoke briefly about the inclusion of the Dark World:

“Part of what made A Link To The Past interesting was the way you could move between the Light World and the Dark World and solve puzzles, and we’re planning to bring that back in A Link To The Past 2 for sure. Link’s ability to become a painting will be related to that.”

I wonder if the female thief from the manga will appear.

Also, as long as Zelda WiiU allows the use of a controller, I will like it.

The name is confirmed to be The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAluniNRibs

Do they have a release period? I'd be surprised if it wasn't their big holiday 3DS title. It seems like all they had last holiday was Paper Mario.

E3 2013: Release Month for Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Announced

Next up - a release week!
by Richard George
June 12, 2013

During an analyst presentation earlier today, Nintendo specified a North American release month for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on the Nintendo 3DS. Previously indicated to be a 'Winter' arrival, A Link Between Worlds is now due out in November 2013.

No further clarification was provided for a European release, which is still a vague "towards the end of the year."

Nice - I'm really looking forward to this one.  If they want it to compare favorably to ALttP then I expect at least 8 dungeons.  I can't remember the last time a Zelda game had that many.

I would imagine it would be similar if it is a direct sequel to Link to the Past. After all, this is the first time we have had a direct sequel take place in the same land as the first with mostly the same gameplay mechanics.

Dunno if anyone's still following this thread, but I played the 10 minute demo of ALBW at SDCC. It does not disappoint. If you like the old school version, you will love this one.

Got mine pre-ordered. I never beat the SNES Zelda, so I'm hoping I don't need to play that one to follow this one. I have been playing my 3DS a lot lately. Hoping this will give me another title to swap around (currently just Animal Crossing & Mario Kart).

Got mine pre-ordered. I never beat the SNES Zelda, so I'm hoping I don't need to play that one to follow this one. I have been playing my 3DS a lot lately. Hoping this will give me another title to swap around (currently just Animal Crossing & Mario Kart).
Go finish the SNES game and don't use a guide.

Please play LTTP. I never understood the hoopla being that I never had a SNES (Genesis instead) back in the day and I finally played and finished it when it came to the GBA SP and I'm glad I finally saw what all the fuss was about. It's an amazing game. One to be played.

Please play LTTP. I never understood the hoopla being that I never had a SNES (Genesis instead) back in the day and I finally played and finished it when it came to the GBA SP and I'm glad I finally saw what all the fuss was about. It's an amazing game. One to be played.
Most underrated Zelda gem of all time. (After Ocarina of Time came out, anyway).

Box art (from NeoGAF thread):

ibm4cDfXxKfVpf.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this.  I hope they make a worthy sequel - they have certainly had enough time since the 3DS came out.

Anyone else a little worried that you can rent items to tackle the dungeons in any order you want?  Doesn't that kind of take the fun out of it?  I am curious to see how this plays out...

New trailer was shown at NYCC. Gives some plot details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_auhDR8VjU

bread's done
Back