Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro - $25 Through Official Nintendo Store

[quote name='GBAstar']FWIW I got an error while trying to checkout:

System Order ####### is not locked, but it should be locked.[/QUOTE]

Strange, my order went through fine. You may want to delete that order number from your post (assuming it went through). I'd call Nintendo up to make sure your order went through though: 1-800-255-3700
Nintendo Customer service is usually a pleasure to chat with.

[quote name='Link2999']Strange, my order went through fine. You may want to delete that order number from your post (assuming it went through). I'd call Nintendo up to make sure your order went through though: 1-800-255-3700
Nintendo Customer service is usually a pleasure to chat with.[/QUOTE]

^ Thanks I made the appropriate edits.

I've ordered through the nintendo store before without a problem. I would assume if the order went through I would have gotten a charge placed against my account and nothing has come through yet.

I did try to order both one standard circle pad pro and one XL.

I'll try again with just the XL

Edit: Did you guys get order confirmations or charges right away? I just got an error message screen

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Thanks I made the appropriate edits.

I've ordered through the nintendo store before without a problem. I would assume if the order went through I would have gotten a charge placed against my account and nothing has come through yet.

I did try to order both one standard circle pad pro and one XL.

I'll try again with just the XL

Edit: Did you guys get order confirmations or charges right away? I just got an error message screen[/QUOTE]

Try this: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/orders/lookupSupportOrder.do

If the order is in their system, it should show up. Just double checked with mine that I placed 20 minutes ago.

[quote name='bruceg']Doesn't the usa version still have the issue where you can't insert/remove a cartridge when you have this thing attached?[/QUOTE]

I think thats the non XL version

I remember this was impossible to find for the regular 3DS a while back. Guess I'll bite now rather than deal with gamestop. Thanks OP.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I think thats the non XL version[/QUOTE]

The Japanese XL version blocks the cartridge slot as well. Based on the picture, it looks identical the one I imported so I'd assume the US version will have the same concern.

It's not a big deal for me, but it may be for others.

[quote name='Saraquael']The Japanese XL version blocks the cartridge slot as well. Based on the picture, it looks identical the one I imported so I'd assume the US version will have the same concern.

It's not a big deal for me, but it may be for others.[/QUOTE]

THanks for the reply. Still seems like a lazy design choice on Nintendo's part.

[quote name='Link2999']Just got a shipping confirmation. Cool it got out a day early :)[/QUOTE]

Same. Pretty pleased with that.

[quote name='bruceg']THanks for the reply. Still seems like a lazy design choice on Nintendo's part.[/QUOTE]

Lazy design choice? You mean how the original 3DS and XL were designed to begin with? Nintendo was dopey for not designing the 3DS symmetrically with dual analog nubs to begin with. Thank goodness they didn't botch the Wii U Gamepad the same way they botched the 3DS/XL. Still hoping for a 3DS2 that includes this second analog nub standard.

[quote name='themidnighter23']dammit, wtf? is this thing coming out or what? didn't that monster game come out already?[/QUOTE]

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has been out for a couple of weeks already.

The original 3DS Circle Pad Pro that I have is pretty big. I shudder to think how big the 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro is.

[quote name='sterlingice']N00b question: what games can you actually use the dual analog on. I presume Monster Hunter 3. Anything else?

SI[/QUOTE]

I think Resident Evil: Revelations, too.

[quote name='sterlingice']N00b question: what games can you actually use the dual analog on. I presume Monster Hunter 3. Anything else?

SI[/QUOTE]

Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts, and Kid Icarus are the main ones that use it, there's a few others but nothing notable.

[quote name='strait edge follower']this is the motion plus all over again. it should have heen with the 3ds at the start as two analiog sticks is a no brainer[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not sure what Nintendo was thinking when they designed this handheld, but they really bungled it badly. Building the whole thing around the 3D gimmick was another huge mistake.

[quote name='Link2999']Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts, and Kid Icarus are the main ones that use it, there's a few others but nothing notable.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Kid Icarus doesn't use it in the way everyone would want.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Agreed. Not sure what Nintendo was thinking when they designed this handheld, but they really bungled it badly. Building the whole thing around the 3D gimmick was another huge mistake.[/QUOTE]

i totally agree about the 3d thing too. besides games like starfox the 3d doesnt really add much to the games at all. i do want to get another one in the future but ill wait it out as i think both 3ds models are still really overpriced, especially compaired to what the vita can do (cant wait for the ps4 integration of the vita).

[quote name='razorracer83']Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has been out for a couple of weeks already.

The original 3DS Circle Pad Pro that I have is pretty big. I shudder to think how big the 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro is.[/QUOTE]

It's obviously bigger because the console is bigger but in an odd way it feels less bulky than the original one.

[quote name='fujishig']It's obviously bigger because the console is bigger but in an odd way it feels less bulky than the original one.[/QUOTE]

hows the grip of these pads anyway ?

[quote name='chimpmeister']Agreed. Not sure what Nintendo was thinking when they designed this handheld, but they really bungled it badly. Building the whole thing around the 3D gimmick was another huge mistake.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Their plan was for the Vita to outsell the 3DS and they clearly flubbed it. In fact they also planned to not have two 3DS games, one at #1 and another at #4, in video game sales at amazon, and they flubbed that completely too. They also completely botched their attempt to have anything at all Vita show up in the top 100.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yes. Their plan was for the Vita to outsell the 3DS and they clearly flubbed it. In fact they also planned to not have two 3DS games, one at #1 and another at #4, in video game sales at amazon, and they flubbed that completely too. They also completely botched their attempt to have anything at all Vita show up in the top 100.[/QUOTE]

he was talking about the system its self. no matter how the 3ds is selling he felt that the design wasnt good and i happen to agree. the thing that the 3ds really going is a 80$ price cut shortly after its launch which showed that nintendo knew it was overpriced. i would much rather pay 250$ for a vita than for a 3ds thats for sure lol. both handhelds will live side by side in harmony in the end anyway

i love my ds.... i don't see the point yet in getting the 3ds... yet.... i've had the ds since near launch and upgraded to the ds lite.. personally i think it's one of the best consoles ever made with tons of amazing games........ i've been waiting for the 3ds to get some good titles but haven't seen enough to justify the price....
for my style of gameplay... i don't see a point in getting a vita or even a psp.....

God, NOA sucks. I imported this for the same price ages ago. It's not even that great; it has a weird narrowing on the right side under the analog pad that makes the system asymmetric and uncomfortable.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Lazy design choice? You mean how the original 3DS and XL were designed to begin with? Nintendo was dopey for not designing the 3DS symmetrically with dual analog nubs to begin with. Thank goodness they didn't botch the Wii U Gamepad the same way they botched the 3DS/XL. Still hoping for a 3DS2 that includes this second analog nub standard.[/QUOTE]

The Wii U pad isn't perfect either. Lack of analog triggers is a mystery.

Speaking of monster hunter and vita sales... Did Nintendo just pay capcom a ton of money to keep the series off of vita? Because you have a portable console with two sticks natively, with a predecessor that was saved by the series, and I'm really surprised a vita version isn't out yet to spark sales.

[quote name='fujishig']Speaking of monster hunter and vita sales... Did Nintendo just pay capcom a ton of money to keep the series off of vita? Because you have a portable console with two sticks natively, with a predecessor that was saved by the series, and I'm really surprised a vita version isn't out yet to spark sales.[/QUOTE]

i think its just for monster hunter 3 as sony has had the other monster hunter games on their consoles

[quote name='strait edge follower']i think its just for monster hunter 3 as sony has had the other monster hunter games on their consoles[/QUOTE]

Monster Hunter 4 is also going to be on 3DS when it comes out

I believe Ninty is paying, has paid, to keep the MH series on its lineup for at least one gen of it because it tends to sell consoles like hot cakes over in JP. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we see a Vita MH game after MH4 if not a revised and updated edition of MH4 on the Vita a year or so later like they did with monster hunter 3 and the Wii/WiiU/3DS versions. Theres too much money to be had to keep it under one companys umbrella for long, thats all im saying. That being said, cant wait for my circle pad, i have a sneaking feeling ill be playing quite a few more hours of MH once it rolls in :D

Might actually pick up a 3DS XL now that this is finally out over here. Tired of sending my old 3DS in for dead pixel problems every couple of months, hoping I have better luck with this one.

bread's done
Back