Kmart preview ads 4/21 through 5/11

LouieT

CAGiversary!
Kmart.com offers future ad previews for its Shop Your Way members. If you change the date values in the URL you can peek at ad deals for the next 2 to 3 weeks. :D

Disclaimer: Usually these prices are correct, but there could be more deals that the site didn't put up yet.

April 21 to April 27 (confirmed with paper ad)
SYWR members only:
Get $10 in SYWR points when you buy at least $60 in electronics. Video game consoles count for this offer. Video game software might not count.

April 28 to May 4
SYWR members only:
:3ds: Buy a 3DS regular version for $169.99, get $10 in SYWR points.

SYWR members only:
WiiU Buy both the WiiU 8GB Basic system for $299.99 and NintendoLand for $59.99 together, get $50 in SYWR points.

May 5 to May 11

:360::ps3: Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel $39.99
:360::ps3: Injustice: Gods Among Us $39.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 $39.99
:360::ps3: BioShock Infinite $44.99
:360: Gears of War Judgment $44.99

SYWR members only:
:ds: Buy a DSi for $99.99, get $10 in SYWR points.

Nothing more after this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JakeM17']Injustice is gonna be $39.99 already?[/QUOTE]

It's not already, it's a deal that's happening in three weeks time. A weekly 39.99 price for a month old game is pretty common.

[quote name='dinovelvet']It's not already, it's a deal that's happening in three weeks time. A weekly 39.99 price for a month old game is pretty common.[/QUOTE]

My bad
thought it was starting 4/21

I'm all in for Injustice at that price. Seems like a great game since the last Mortal Kombat was amazing. Netherrealm really shows love in their games with all the content they put in it. Now they should start on the next MK.

Thanks for early ad OP. Brutality.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Probably get Injustice and Bioshock Infinite unless Infinite is cheaper elsewhere before then.[/QUOTE]

You can pick it up for $40 used right now.

[quote name='cbulas1']Where?[/QUOTE]

GameStop. If you're a PUR member it's down to $50 then with the 20% off coupon it's $40.

Man I can't wait to pm Injustice at BB. I have a $25 rz certificate in my account making the game a measly $15. I'm actually kinda glad I didn't preorder. Thanks OP for the early ad

[quote name='StryderOmega']Tempted by Injustice, buuuut it will be much lower very soon. Ill wait.[/QUOTE]

Did Miss Cleo tell you that?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Man I can't wait to pm Injustice at BB. I have a $25 rz certificate in my account making the game a measly $15. I'm actually kinda glad I didn't preorder. Thanks OP for the early ad[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'll have $30 RZ credit once I get my $20 back for Bioshock.

Injustice will probably undersell.. but so has every game recently. I honestly believe the reason to this is because people now realize that if they wait a few more weeks they can save $10+ on the game. So before when people paid $60 for a game they wanted, now they only do it for a game they can't wait another day for.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Did Miss Cleo tell you that?[/QUOTE]

It's a mass produced fighting game. We aren't talking about seldom stock like Marvel vs Capcom 2 on PS2.

Fighting games in general don't hold value as it is a much more niche market.

[quote name='dinovelvet']It's not already, it's a deal that's happening in three weeks time. A weekly 39.99 price for a month old game is pretty common.[/QUOTE]

It'll be a little less than 3 weeks. Still......... damn. The game JUST came out Tuesday. It's gotten great reviews. And it must be selling well, as I've seen tons of people online, both on the PS3 version and the WiiU version. A $20 sale this soon is unexpected to say the least.

Why is it only the PS360 version that's on sale? Why not the "inferior" WiiU version?

Kmart actually sent me $10 off $30 for my Birthday and I'm still waiting on the $7 from linking my Visa card. May get Injustice or Gears, would have gotten Bioshock, but already picked it up last week.

[quote name='LouieT']Kmart.com offers future ad previews for its Shop Your Way members. If you change the date values in the URL you can peek at ad deals for the next 2 to 3 weeks. :D

Disclaimer: Usually these prices are correct, but there could be more deals that the site didn't put up yet.

April 21 to April 27
SYWR members only:
Get $10 in SYWR points when you buy at least $60 in electronics. Video game consoles count for this offer.[/QUOTE]

This changes everything. Thanks.

I sure hope that they aren't counting video games as a something separate. I would get Injustice and something else. There probably is a limit on Injustice.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']This changes everything. Thanks.

I sure hope that they aren't counting video games as a something separate. I would get Injustice and something else. There probably is a limit on Injustice.[/QUOTE]

Video games =/= video game consoles

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Video games =/= video game consoles[/QUOTE]

It applies to electronics. Video game consoles are being included, so video games may be included as well.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']It applies to electronics. Video game consoles are being included, so video games may be included as well.[/QUOTE]

Unless specifically stated that video games are included I am fairly confident that they will not be applicable for this promotion.

The picture of the specific deal on the website backs up this confidence as well, as there is nothing pictured but electronic hardware.

18_LT_441475_img_1524553736.jpg

So, would it make me a dick if I PM Injustice at Best Buy to use a cert that will expire soon, and then return that copy to Gamestop that I bought on launch day?

[quote name='StryderOmega']It's a mass produced fighting game. We aren't talking about seldom stock like Marvel vs Capcom 2 on PS2.

Fighting games in general don't hold value as it is a much more niche market.[/QUOTE]

Fighting game community says otherwise

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Fighting game community says otherwise[/QUOTE]

What? Says otherwise towards what?

The niche market says otherwise, ooook... Lol

[quote name='Yigytugd']Is that just a regular 3DS or XL?[/QUOTE]

The regular one was pictured.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Is that just a regular 3DS or XL?[/QUOTE]

Buy a 3DS regular version for $169.99, get $10 in SYWR points.

3DS MSRP is $169.99, so I'm guessing it's the non XL.

EDIT: beaten!

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Ok what fighting games have dropped in price that fast? As in half off its retail release?[/QUOTE]I'm with u I don't think fighters are niche at all there's just a change that took place over the last 6-10 yrs that made them not what they once where.

1-DLC for fighters is BS I won't pay for characters when they should just be unlockable. This makes people wait for the GOTY.
2-Arcades aren't what they used to be and fighters thrived in them now some flock to shooters which aren't the arcade favs outside of the Time Crisis type titles.
3-Some key franchise have gotten weak
But even still most quality fighters still become legit GH/PH titles they just don't sell 3.5-5 million per system anymore. More like 4 million LT

I got MK for $30 2nd week after release via $40 TRU sale & $10 off TRU booklet coupon.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Ok what fighting games have dropped in price that fast? As in half off its retail release?[/QUOTE]

They are just generally known to drop in price a lot faster than a lot of game types out there. Mainly because there is no longer arcade support for them, and they must thrive on an online community. You can only play so many matches against a computer before it becomes tiresome.

In order to keep a thriving community you have to keep selling the game. Very few copies will sell if this game remains at a high price point thus the online community will dwindle. To keep it thriving, you must constantly lower the price point to keep its awareness known and to keep the support up.

[quote name='StryderOmega']They are just generally known to drop in price a lot faster than a lot of game types out there. Mainly because there is no longer arcade support for them, and they must thrive on an online community. You can only play so many matches against a computer before it becomes tiresome.

In order to keep a thriving community you have to keep selling the game. Very few copies will sell if this game remains at a high price point thus the online community will dwindle. To keep it thriving, you must constantly lower the price point to keep its awareness known and to keep the support up.[/QUOTE]The 1st week sales are lower now b/c of the Capcom re-re-releases so even though a fan wants the game the threat of a $40 "complete" 6 months later just cause the to wait.

They don't thrive on online only. Just about every game has a competitive scene with weekly/local offline tournaments

[quote name='Enuf']The 1st week sales are lower now b/c of the Capcom re-re-releases so even though a fan wants the game the threat of a $40 "complete" 6 months later just cause the to wait.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt this game will be any different considering it is made by NetherRealm studios. It is the MK9 launch again. Split a bunch of preorder bonuses across multiple retailers, then release DLC for it a month away that either includes a new character with or just the preorder dlc. Spread it out to about 4 or 5 dlcs, then release a Komplete version.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Probably get Injustice and Bioshock Infinite unless Infinite is cheaper elsewhere before then.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Twitter']You can pick it up for $40 used right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except an awesome developer and good publisher don't get the proceeds from that sale, and if he/she waits, they will. Not to mention they'll own a new virgin copy, not one that's been molested by another gamer/s' grimy hands. :p

[quote name='Link2999']Kmart actually sent me $10 off $30 for my Birthday and I'm still waiting on the $7 from linking my Visa card. May get Injustice or Gears, would have gotten Bioshock, but already picked it up last week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='karyadi']Gonna pick up Injustice, I have a $10 off bday code and $7 in points. $22.99+tax on Injustice? Worth it.[/QUOTE]

You're the same person from two alternate universes. O.O

FRINGE

[quote name='Deader2818']So, would it make me a dick if I PM Injustice at Best Buy to use a cert that will expire soon, and then return that copy to Gamestop that I bought on launch day?[/QUOTE]

There's a Spanish saying that roughly goes: 'A thief that steals from a thief has a hundred years' mercy.'
Not saying outright that GS is a thief, but they're, hmm... quite sucky, so my conscience would be clean if I that did so. If I had one. :p

Meh. I miss the days when they had points deals that were worth my time.

I bet my local KMART doesn't even stock Injustice anyway, even if I wanted it.

I hadn't checked in on KMART in awhile, but just recently had some great points offers $20 off $50 - and another one that was 25% in bonus points. However their selection of "value" games has dried up so bad it's ridiculous. I thought about using it on Bioshock, and that would have been a fine deal, but I really needed to get Luigi to take advantage of the free 3DS game offer - and I was struggling like mad just to find a decent filler game to go with it to get it as close to $50 as possible.

It's at the point now where the main games display has NCAA 11 and Tiger Woods 12 displayed most prominently on the top row of the shelves. 2 year old sports games get the prime real estate behind the glass. The only clearance bin is the dreaded "Value Games" rack which is all $19.99 ripoff shovelware. Every time I get some of these offers I think... "sweet deal, $5 in free points". But the sad reality is KMART has fallen so far, that even $10 in points is usually a waste of my time.

/rant

[quote name='Agent Orange']Meh. I miss the days when they had points deals that were worth my time.

I bet my local KMART doesn't even stock Injustice anyway, even if I wanted it.

I hadn't checked in on KMART in awhile, but just recently had some great points offers $20 off $50 - and another one that was 25% in bonus points. However their selection of "value" games has dried up so bad it's ridiculous. I thought about using it on Bioshock, and that would have been a fine deal, but I really needed to get Luigi to take advantage of the free 3DS game offer - and I was struggling like mad just to find a decent filler game to go with it to get it as close to $50 as possible.

It's at the point now where the main games display has NCAA 11 and Tiger Woods 12 displayed most prominently on the top row of the shelves. 2 year old sports games get the prime real estate behind the glass. The only clearance bin is the dreaded "Value Games" rack which is all $19.99 ripoff shovelware. Every time I get some of these offers I think... "sweet deal, $5 in free points". But the sad reality is KMART has fallen so far, that even $10 in points is usually a waste of my time.

/rant[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, does anyone know what happened to that Kmart higher up who used to post awesome incoming SYOW gaming coupons? I miss those threads.

[quote name='dreamerabe']Speaking of which, does anyone know what happened to that Kmart higher up who used to post awesome incoming SYOW gaming coupons? I miss those threads.[/QUOTE]

I believe that was Josh, and he was fired, i think.

[quote name='Zolor23']I believe that was Josh, and he was fired, i think.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's sad. He was actually someone who was helping people buy at Kmart. Idjits.

Thanks for the reply, though.

bread's done
Back