Rock Band 3 for PS3

kme06d

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've recently been interested in purchasing Rock Band 3 since Cheapy has been talking about it so much on the Cagcast. I'd like to get it for ps3 since I don't pay for Xbox live and don't want to start just to download songs. I found out its been discontinued for PS3, but they still have a few in stock on Amazon for $73. Should I bite at that price now or hold off?

[quote name='boosted02gt']I sold a disc only copy of the game for $43 on Ebay. They have become pretty valuable.[/QUOTE]

I still got my $5 copy from Blockbuster. I miss those days.

Really? Lucky find! I'll have to check my Best Buy, but I decided to grab the one on Amazon for now. There's only 1 left now at that price and who knows if they will come back in stock.

I've checked most of them and they don't have it. I'll keep the copy I get from Amazon sealed until I've exhausted every other possibility. I'll check Best buy today as well.

Scored today! I called a Gamestop that was 20 miles away and they had 1 pre-owned copy for $29.99. I asked them to hold it for me, got to the store, and it was in excellent condition and complete. It had the original box, manual and the extra inserts. Unfortunately, it was too late to put a stop on the Amazon order (darn that Prime), but I'll just send it back.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']what the hell..it's rare? Damn, been wanting to buy it for awhile now but could never see it at gs.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, since it's discontinued. I hadn't been looking for it until recently and I checked Amazon and saw that it was $73 new and $60 used. Funny thing is, you can buy the xbox 360 version bundled with keyboard for $30...

[quote name='kme06d']Scored today! I called a Gamestop that was 20 miles away and they had 1 pre-owned copy for $29.99. I asked them to hold it for me, got to the store, and it was in excellent condition and complete. It had the original box, manual and the extra inserts. Unfortunately, it was too late to put a stop on the Amazon order (darn that Prime), but I'll just send it back.[/QUOTE]

Congrats. I find myself playing Rock Band 3 less these days...I might have to look at selling this online if the prices are going that high. I would need to unload the drums and guitar too.

[quote name='kme06d']I'd like to get it for ps3 since I don't pay for Xbox live and don't want to start just to download songs.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, you'd don't have to pay for XBL to download stuff. Also, any new songs will be exclusive to the 360 going forward as they are no longer porting RBN songs to either PSN or WiiShop.

Either way, since you already got it for PS3, I hope you enjoy it. I've had it since launch and have a good amount of extra songs thanks to cheap track packs and Blitz. It's a great game that still sees regular play from me.

^ I only use my 360 for exclusives and HBO Go so I'm not an experienced user but it was always my understanding that you had to have a paid (i.e. XBL Gold) membership to purchase, download, or use anything (i.e. netflix) online.

Is that not true?

[quote name='GBAstar']^ I only use my 360 for exclusives and HBO Go so I'm not an experienced user but it was always my understanding that you had to have a paid (i.e. XBL Gold) membership to purchase, download, or use anything (i.e. netflix) online.

Is that not true?[/QUOTE]

That was my impression as well... however now that I think about it, you can download Xbox live arcade games without gold. Hopefully someone can clarify this for us.

Maybe the difference is buying the items through the XBL store vs. buying them in-game?

Again I don't play many games on my Xbox and I've always had a Gold account for streaming shows from HBO Go so I can't confirm or deny.

You just need any account to be able to buy items. There are gold only sales, but that's the only restriction in regards to purchasing game materials.

[quote name='tgk2044']You just need any account to be able to buy items. There are gold only sales, but that's the only restriction in regards to purchasing game materials.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying! Now I feel a bit silly tracking down that ps3 copy.

Why would Microsoft want to restrict buying stuff to Gold? That would be insane. You do have to have an Xbox Live account, but that is free. And buy this for PS3 seems a mistake. On Xbox you'll at least have Rock Band Network to live of off. I'd return the PS3 version and get it for Xbox unless you don't have an Xbox.

[quote name='crunchewy']Why would Microsoft want to restrict buying stuff to Gold? That would be insane. You do have to have an Xbox Live account, but that is free. And buy this for PS3 seems a mistake. On Xbox you'll at least have Rock Band Network to live of off. I'd return the PS3 version and get it for Xbox unless you don't have an Xbox.[/QUOTE]

I do have an Xbox. I would rather sell the game if I were to switch to the Xbox version since I can probably make double what I paid for it. PS3 still has the rock band network... Are there songs missing on the ps3 version or something?

[quote name='kme06d']I do have an Xbox. I would rather sell the game if I were to switch to the Xbox version since I can probably make double what I paid for it. PS3 still has the rock band network... Are there songs missing on the ps3 version or something?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version of RBN only got releases at a later date. Xbox basically has a direct line into the RBN, so they get the songs once they pass community testing.

Moreover, RBN will only continue having releases on Xbox from here on out. PS3 will not see any new RBN releases. From Harmonix FAQ (at this page: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233673&page=1):

4. Will the Rock Band Network continue to release content on a regular basis?

The current plan is for Harmonix to continue to support the backend technology that powers Rock Band Network on the Xbox 360 for the foreseeable future. Users on the Xbox 360 should be able to submit new content, test, and release as they have been for the last 3 years. It's important to note that this architecture relies on other technologies not directly in Harmonix's control, including the XNA architecture for submission. In the event that our ability to keep RBN up and running changes, we'll make sure to let everyone in the Creators community know with as much lead time as possible.

Unfortunately, PS3 submissions for RBN tracks are submitted in the same manner as standard Harmonix-released DLC and require constant Harmonix production attention. As a result, the last PS3 RBN release planned on our schedule is on April 2nd.

bread's done
Back