Breaking Bad seasons 1-4

[quote name='slickkill77']Black Friday is usually your best bet for all seasons. They were $13 I believe[/QUOTE]

Yep and $9 for the DVDs if I'm not mistaken, plus there will be a collect collection at some point.

[quote name='slickkill77']Black Friday is usually your best bet for all seasons. They were $13 I believe[/QUOTE]
During that time Best Buy had that sweet ass deal of season 1 and 2 were buy 1 get 1 free and $12.99 each so basically $6.50 for each of those seasons. I Think 3 and 4 were like $15 each though.

[quote name='bardockkun']During that time Best Buy had that sweet ass deal of season 1 and 2 were buy 1 get 1 free and $12.99 each so basically $6.50 for each of those seasons. I Think 3 and 4 were like $15 each though.[/QUOTE]
Even better, the first 2 seasons were $11.99.

Get Netflix. It looks great streaming in HD, and if your ISP supports Super HD, then it looks nearly as good as the Blu-ray. Breaking Bad is a show you'll probably watch twice at most, some may only want to watch it once. You could save a lot of money if you just get a Netflix sub and stream them through there. Season 5 will likely be up on there in the upcoming months too.

I think you might be selling it a little short. a show most will watch only twice?...the seasons are short enough, acting is strong enough and the story is interesting enough to warrant multiple viewings.

there is less and less new television that appeals to me, so quality shows get multiple viewings from me and many I know. for example, homicide and the wire I have watched from start to finish 5 times. x-files way more than that. if its a show someone is passionate about, it will far exceed one or two viewings.

just my take, not trying to be a smart ass.

also for deals, I got seasons 1 and 2 at best buy buy 1 get 1 at 12.99. then ordered 3 and 4 from amazon for 12.99 during the same week. so around 42 dollars for all four seems like a deal to me.

The show does not have huge replayability in my opinion. I'm currently going through it a second time, this time with my gf, and while still great, it certainly doesn't have the same impact it did the first time since I know everything that happens. I have to imagine it'll be even worse if I did it all again. I'd actually agree that shows like The X-Files have high replayability, I don't feel the same about Breaking Bad. I'm pretty confident saying most people will likely just watch it one or two times at most. Obviously if someone is absolutely in love with the show then they're more likely to watch it more than the avg. person.

I think this makes the Netflix route the best option. If you watch it all once and you are the type of person that feels that you wont watch it again, then that's money saved over paying more currently for the Blu-rays. Even if you went this route and want to watch it a bunch of times, streaming it should whet ones appetite until a possible Black Friday sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think TV shows in general don't have a lot of replayability. Take LOST, great show, but do you really want to go back and watch all 100+ episodes of it. Or 24, etc etc. It's a huge commitment to go back and watch a show from the start.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Get Netflix. It looks great streaming in HD, and if your ISP supports Super HD, then it looks nearly as good as the Blu-ray. Breaking Bad is a show you'll probably watch twice at most, some may only want to watch it once. You could save a lot of money if you just get a Netflix sub and stream them through there. Season 5 will likely be up on there in the upcoming months too.[/QUOTE]

I do not see Season 5 being up anytime soon on Netflix considering they are still on Season 5. I thought like you about the series and ended up enjoying much more a second time watching it with my wife. It is my favorite series on TV! Of course they are going to be double dipping and releasing Season 5 (part 1) on June 4 and of course the second part of the season started filming in December and will come to air on August 11, 2013. The show will also be followed by a talk show "Talking Bad" just like that other show's formula on the network.

Sorry, by Season 5, I just meant part 1. When it's released on DVD/BD in June it should hopefully make its way to Netflix soon after.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rafael122']I think TV shows in general don't have a lot of replayability. Take LOST, great show, but do you really want to go back and watch all 100+ episodes of it. Or 24, etc etc. It's a huge commitment to go back and watch a show from the start.[/QUOTE]

I watched LOST from start to finish about 5 times. I watched Game of Thrones season 1 and 2 like 4 times each. I want to re-watch Dexter and Breaking Bad being they're going into final seasons. Only thing holding me back right now is time.

I plan on watching Game of Thrones many, many more times. Many more.

Some people are like me. I prefer owning all of my shows on Blu/DVD because I will watch them multiple times and I'm passionate about them.

[quote name='Capocci 007']I watched LOST from start to finish about 5 times. I watched Game of Thrones season 1 and 2 like 4 times each. I want to re-watch Dexter and Breaking Bad being they're going into final seasons. Only thing holding me back right now is time.

I plan on watching Game of Thrones many, many more times. Many more.

Some people are like me. I prefer owning all of my shows on Blu/DVD because I will watch them multiple times and I'm passionate about them.[/QUOTE]

LOST imo was confusing as shit thats why. lol

AMC shows go up on Netflix streaming about a week prior to the start of the new season on TV. So season 5.1 should be streamable at the beginning of August.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The show does not have huge replayability in my opinion. I'm currently going through it a second time, this time with my gf, and while still great, it certainly doesn't have the same impact it did the first time since I know everything that happens. I have to imagine it'll be even worse if I did it all again. I'd actually agree that shows like The X-Files have high replayability, I don't feel the same about Breaking Bad. I'm pretty confident saying most people will likely just watch it one or two times at most. Obviously if someone is absolutely in love with the show then they're more likely to watch it more than the avg. person.

I think this makes the Netflix route the best option. If you watch it all once and you are the type of person that feels that you wont watch it again, then that's money saved over paying more currently for the Blu-rays. Even if you went this route and want to watch it a bunch of times, streaming it should whet ones appetite until a possible Black Friday sale.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't really make sense. How does the X Files have more replayability than Breaking Bad or any other show for that matter? The only shows that truly have "replayability" are comedies. I mean really once you watch a show once or twice through you know what is going to happen, so how would it be different on a per show basis? Wasn't the XFiles all about the mystery of what the hell is happening? So, doesn't knowing what happened already "ruin" it then? I've watched Breaking Bad 3-4 times through and through and I probably will do so again when season 5 is mine. Isn't replayability really just in the eye of the beholder? If you like a show you're going to watch it over and over again regardless of if you know what happens. Breaking Bad has so many little things that you may miss or overlook when you only view it once. You almost have to watch it multiple times

[quote name='Capocci 007']

Some people are like me. I prefer owning all of my shows on Blu/DVD because I will watch them multiple times and I'm passionate about them.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people are like you! Screw digital air of not being able to own physical copies of your shows and movies!

[quote name='slickkill77']That doesn't really make sense. How does the X Files have more replayability than Breaking Bad or any other show for that matter? The only shows that truly have "replayability" are comedies. I mean really once you watch a show once or twice through you know what is going to happen, so how would it be different on a per show basis? Wasn't the XFiles all about the mystery of what the hell is happening? So, doesn't knowing what happened already "ruin" it then? I've watched Breaking Bad 3-4 times through and through and I probably will do so again when season 5 is mine. Isn't replayability really just in the eye of the beholder? If you like a show you're going to watch it over and over again regardless of if you know what happens. Breaking Bad has so many little things that you may miss or overlook when you only view it once. You almost have to watch it multiple times[/QUOTE]

You don't sound too familiar with The X-Files. X-Files is not linear like Breaking Bad. Only certain sagas or arcs are continued, but not in a row. In many ways, it's like a paranormal variety show with most episodes being independent of one another.. Breaking Bad on the other hand is very continuous, picking up usually immediately after the previous episode. It's not the kind of show you just watch one or two episodes of here when you feel a whim too like you can do with The X-Files. That's a huge difference when it comes to replayability. With BB, and most other Dramas you pretty much have to watch an entire season to really get a vibe for it, or it just seems pretty pointless.

I also already said if you really are in love with the show then you're obviously going to feel differently. The same thing goes for movies. And as you said, it is in the eye of the beholder. I never said I spoke for everyone here, I'm speaking for myself. I don't feel like it has huge replayability, but if people feel differently then so be it. Perhaps in a few years I'll get the urge to see it again, as it is one of the best shows ever.

Last I checked, I don't get charged tax on my netflix sub.

Not everyone wants to stream the series. I started streaming season one and turned around and bought the blu's. Didn't bother with netflix on that one. Ended up doing the same with Mad Men.

bread's done
Back