Some PC games free after Mail in rebate 24 Hour deal at Newegg

I'm still waiting for my Mafia 2 rebate. How do you people use these $10 credit cards they give as rebates? Do you have to find something to buy that costs exactly $10? Is it possible to use them as "partial payment" and make up the rest with another credit card, at least at Newegg?

[quote name='seamoss']I'm still waiting for my Mafia 2 rebate. How do you people use these $10 credit cards they give as rebates? Do you have to find something to buy that costs exactly $10? Is it possible to use them as "partial payment" and make up the rest with another credit card, at least at Newegg?[/QUOTE]

I got my Mafia and another rebate already. They come as visa gift cards. I used one to pay part of a meal and my credit card for the rest of the meal. They just run the gift card for its $10 face amount and the rest on another card.

[quote name='eldergias']I got my Mafia and another rebate already. They come as visa gift cards. I used one to pay part of a meal and my credit card for the rest of the meal. They just run the gift card for its $10 face amount and the rest on another card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I'll just have to use it locally at a store or something like you said.

My Mafia II rebate status still says "We have received your submission and it is being processed". Given the amount of effort and time spent, I think I'll be skipping rebates like these in the future. Too much hassle, even for a free game.

[quote name='seamoss']I'm still waiting for my Mafia 2 rebate. How do you people use these $10 credit cards they give as rebates? Do you have to find something to buy that costs exactly $10? Is it possible to use them as "partial payment" and make up the rest with another credit card, at least at Newegg?[/QUOTE]Buy an Amazon gift card with the amount on the rebate debit card, dispose of rebate debit card.

That's how I've been using rebate debit cards for years.

If a vendor will let you do split payment at the register, you can use it there.

[quote name='shrike4242']Buy an Amazon gift card with the amount on the rebate debit card, dispose of rebate debit card.

That's how I've been using rebate debit cards for years.

If a vendor will let you do split payment at the register, you can use it there.[/QUOTE]

Trade a Gift Card that can be used anywhere for anything for a GC that can only be used at AMZ... *mind boggled*

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Trade a Gift Card that can be used anywhere for anything for a GC that can only be used at AMZ... *mind boggled*[/QUOTE]

I do the Amazon thing too. It's just easier to buy the GC and be done with it versus partially paying for something, remembering which cards you've used, the sometimes early expiration dates, etc. Needless to say for me it doesn't last long in my Amazon account anyway.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Trade a Gift Card that can be used anywhere for anything for a GC that can only be used at AMZ... *mind boggled*[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing. I use amazon so much so its a no brainer for me. I'd rather do that than have to deal with the hassle of having to deal with someone a checkout counter when I try to do a partial payment for something.

[quote name='Punisher138']I do the same thing. I use amazon so much so its a no brainer for me. I'd rather do that than have to deal with the hassle of having to deal with someone a checkout counter when I try to do a partial payment for something.[/QUOTE]

Or just when the card comes in the mail use it as a credit on a bill (electric, water, phone etc). That's what I always do.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Or just when the card comes in the mail use it as a credit on a bill (electric, water, phone etc). That's what I always do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always use it to pay off my cell phone bill.

I passed on the games, but got 5 low profile 10 foot HDMI cables free after rebate, so thanks! (Also shipped free with my Shoprunner trial thanks to some other old thread here... It's nice being a CAG lol)

I have a code for $10 off an order, I think I may just use that to get the Witcher free, then use the rebate to get $10 back free. That will work right?

Also, how do I go about doing this rebate thing? I've never done one before.. can anyone give me a walkthrough?

Tempted to grab all three games and one of each of the HDMI cords that are free after rebate cause why not? Use the rebate cards for groceries and you don't have to worry about doing returns or anything on them....

And Amazon sells just about everything (tax-free for most) so it's a fair practice, I do it too.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Rats the rebate says one per person and I ordered two games. Blah.... Return fun is ahead.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost certain it's one rebate per person, per game. Did you order two of the same game or two different ones?

Also it's worth noting that the rebate requires cutting out the original UPC from the game's cover art (no copies accepted), so not ideal if you want to keep your games 100% complete. I received my Visa debit card for the Mafia 2 rebate about five weeks after sending it in.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']And Amazon sells just about everything (tax-free for most) so it's a fair practice, I do it too.

I'm almost certain it's one rebate per person, per game. Did you order two of the same game or two different ones?

Also it's worth noting that the rebate requires cutting out the original UPC from the game's cover art (no copies accepted), so not ideal if you want to keep your games 100% complete. I received my Visa debit card for the Mafia 2 rebate about five weeks after sending it in.[/QUOTE]

5 rebates per person / per household / per newegg account. (whichever limit you hit first) on the 10 foot hdmi cables.

1 rebate per game or 6 foot hdmi cable.

Also all rebates have to be mailed separately to qualify.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']And Amazon sells just about everything (tax-free for most) so it's a fair practice, I do it too.

Also it's worth noting that the rebate requires cutting out the original UPC from the game's cover art (no copies accepted), so not ideal if you want to keep your games 100% complete. I received my Visa debit card for the Mafia 2 rebate about five weeks after sending it in.[/QUOTE]

Use good photo paper.....

[quote name='eLefAdEr']
I'm almost certain it's one rebate per person, per game. Did you order two of the same game or two different one?[/QUOTE]

I ordered different ones. That's good to know. Maybe I'll just order the 3rd game too.

Not gonna leave you hanging bro, I'm perplexed by this phenomenon also.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Not gonna leave you hanging bro, I'm perplexed by this phenomenon also.[/QUOTE]

Many rebate prepaid cards have rather short expiration dates and/or quickly start charging maintenance fees. They also can be difficult to fully use as not everywhere allows split payments. Tough for gas, too, because the pump will try to authorize, generally, far more than is on the card.

An easy way to make sure you use the cards is to convert them to something you know you will use a lot. I like to use them to buy gift cards for a gas station near me--no expiration date and I get a small discount, as well. Also, if I end up with a card with only a few dollars left on it, I'll generally use it to buy an Amazon gift card. Again, no expiration date.

[quote name='scrappler']I do the Amazon thing too. It's just easier to buy the GC and be done with it versus partially paying for something, remembering which cards you've used, the sometimes early expiration dates, etc. Needless to say for me it doesn't last long in my Amazon account anyway.[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing. Got a $500 American Express GC at work, immediately converted it to Amazon GC's and PSN bucks.

[quote name='AwRy108']I do the same thing. Got a $500 American Express GC at work, immediately converted it to Amazon GC's and PSN bucks.[/QUOTE]

You can covert it to PSN by using to add to your wallet is that all it is?

bread's done
Back