The Complete TV Series for DVD and Blu-Ray Thread (New series Added to OP)

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!
Feedback
136 (99%)
wBH6021372815416_zps0d819c2d.gif

I want to make this thread because if anyone is like me, and if I like a show I must have the complete series to watch when ever I want. Except I don't want to pay to much for a complete series that's why I'm making this thread to help everyone find good deals on complete series.

When you add a new series to the OP, PLEASE put series being added in alphabetical order.
When editing the prices in the OP use examples bellow to show the change in price.

Price Increase +
Price Drop -
Same Price *
New Additions *

Lo7ImG1372815779_zps2bccfa73.gif

5FbB9U1372815854_zps0c0a367a.gif

13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo!: The Complete Series $5.99 *
21 Jump Street: The Complete Series $19.99 -
3rd Rock From the Sun - The Complete Series $25.32 +
Adventures of Superman - The Complete First Six Seasons $86.99 *
Andy Barker P.I.: The Complete Series $11.99 *
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series $71.89 +
Andy Richter Controls the Universe: The Complete Series $23.49 -
Angel: Complete Series $88.99 *
Archie's Weird Mysteries: The Complete Series $3.75 *
Boy Meets World: The Complete Series $60.00 -
Beetlejuice: The Complete Series $79.99 *
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Series $105.95 -
Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series $37.62 +
Charmed: Complete Series $119.99 *
C.O.P.S. The Animated Series $19.99 *
Crusade: The Complete Series $9.99 +
Dungeons & Dragons: The Complete Animated Series $6.97 *
Everybody Hates Chris Complete Series $49.52 *
Fantastic Four - The Complete 1994-95 Animated Television Series $8.79 *
Flintstones: The Complete Series Gift Set $81.93 -
Friday the 13th-Series-Complete Series Pack $76.75 *
Fringe: The Complete Series $94.99 * 
George Of The Jungle: The Complete Original Series $7.10 +
Get Smart - The Complete Series Gift Set $87.44 *
Ghost Whisperer Complete Series $59.27 +
I Dream of Jeannie-Complete Series Box Set $71.48 *
Gilligan's Island: Complete Series Collection $43.09 +
Grounded for Life: The Complete Series $20.08 -
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Series $8.43 *
Heroes: Complete Series $119.98 * 
House, M.D.: The Complete Series $126.12 +
Hong Kong Phooey - The Complete Series $10.55 *
I Love Lucy Complete Series $105.13 *
Invasion The Complete Series $8.69 *
Justice League: The Complete Series $44.99 *
Land of the Lost: The Complete Series $13.49 +
Land of the Lost: Complete Series (Limited Edition Gift Set) $27.00 -
MacGyver Complete Series $66.69 *
Magilla Gorilla - The Complete Series $13.99 -
Married... with Children: The Complete Series $29.99 *
Marvel Anime: Blade - Complete Series $9.99 -
Marvel Anime: Iron Man - Complete Series $8.49 *
Marvel Iron Man: The Complete Animated Series $14.11 *
Numbers Complete Series $76.40 *
Planet of the Apes: The Complete TV Series $20.59 -
Police Squad! The Complete Series $10.99 

Powerpuff Girls: Complete Series (10th Anniversary Edition)  $59.99 *
Rescue Me The Complete Series $41.48 *
Rockos Modern Life Complete Series $20.99 -
Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends: The Complete Series $62.66 -
Rome: The Complete Series $54.78 -
Roseanne: The Complete Series $39.99 *
Sabrina the Teenage Witch-Complete Series Bundle $80.32 +
Sanford and Son: The Complete Series Slim Packaging $38.74 +
Saved by the Bell Complete Series $33.28 *
Scooby Doo, Where Are You?: Complete Series $52.50 *
Speed Racer: The Complete Classic Series Collection $15.49 *
Street Sharks - The Complete 40 Episode Series $5.00 *
Superman: The Complete Animated Series $41.99 +
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show - The Complete Series (DC Comics Classic Collection) $7.99 -
Swat Kats: The Radical Squadron - The Complete Series $50.57 *
^*This product is manufactured on demand when ordered
Tales From the Darkside: Complete Series Pack $43.92 -
The Adventures of Robin Hood: The Complete Series $17.01 -
That 70's Show: Complete Series $30.90 -
The Addams Family - The Complete Series $49.42 +
The Angry Beavers: The Complete Series Pre-Order $24.96 -
The King of Queens: The Complete Series $38.96 +
The Magic School Bus The Complete Series $28.99 -
The Munsters: The Complete Series $45.99 *
The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show - The Complete Series $7.99 *
The Sopranos: The Complete Series $199.98 +
The Tudors: The Complete Series $68.96 +
The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection $128.44 +
Todd McFarlane's Spawn: The Animated Collection $25.00 -
Top Cat - The Complete Series $25.00 *
Transformers Beast Wars: The Complete Series $34.61 -
Transformers: The Complete Series $60.93 +
Underdog: The Complete Series $39.99 +
V: The Complete Series $14.60 +
Wacky Races - The Complete Series $9.20 *
Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?: The Complete Series $3.75 *
Wolverine and the X-Men: The Complete Series $11.99 *
Wonder Woman: The Complete Series Collection $69.96 *
Worst Week: The Complete Series $5.08 *
Yogi Bear Show: Complete Series $27.00 *

bkUkDJ1372815894_zpse01389ef.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread, OP!! Best Buy usually has the Gilligan's Island series for $15-25. I've bought it from there twice now.

I dunno if anime should be in the thread as with the exceptions of long runners like Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. most of the sets being released are complete series.

Vampire Knight Complete Series isn't actually the complete series, but that's only season one.

Season two is actually called Vampire Knight Guilty, so that listing for the complete series is just for the first season.

There is no complete series release for it yet, so just the two separate seasons right now.

[quote name='DNukem170']I dunno if anime should be in the thread as with the exceptions of long runners like Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. most of the sets being released are complete series.[/QUOTE]

True. I'll take them off.

If anybody finds complete series to add to this thread that I have not posted, by all means post.

Since prices on series often change, I'll try to keep the prices updated and add others too.

[quote name='RedBeardRaven']SWAT KATS? My childhood just punched me in the face and threatened to do it again if I don't buy that.[/QUOTE]

Be careful, it's a manufacture-on-demand title, which uses DVD-R's.

[quote name='DNukem170']Be careful, it's a manufacture-on-demand title, which uses DVD-R's.[/QUOTE]

I saw manufacture on demand on amazon, but do other salers of this series do the same?

You could've edited the first post with the recent additions. You could also wikify it so others can update it with more complete series. I think that it would help more.

Otherwise, this is a really good idea.

I wish they would re-release Seinfeld in Blu. One of my favorite shows. Ever. Don't think anything will top it in the future either. Call me high maintenance, but I just can't pull the trigger on the complete series if it's in DVD. I know DVD vs Blu wouldn't make any difference in a sit-com, especially from that era. It's not like there are special effects or anything like that. But I just can't do it. I can't.

I'm waiting impatiently for Seinfeld on blu-ray also. Last year I caved in and purchased the complete set on DVD for $99. I have already watched it once and plan on re-watching it again soon. Seinfeld is one of those shows I can easily watch the entire series every couple years. It's that good to me.

I bought the seasons of this individually for $5-$7.50 a piece vut the full series will be available May 14th:'

3rd Rock From the Sun $30.99

http://www.amazon.com/3rd-Rock-From...7144705&sr=8-1&keywords=3rd+rock+from+the+sun

Dont know what you consider cheap but:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Complete $97.99

http://www.amazon.com/Buffy-Vampire...ords=buffy+the+vampire+slayer+complete+series

Angel Complete Series $83.99

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Complet...7145188&sr=1-1&keywords=angel+complete+series

I updated the OP with the other complete series that were posted yesterday. OP can now be edited by others. Also updated all prices, and added a few other complete series too.

[quote name='maxpower0965']I updated the OP with the other complete series that were posted yesterday. OP can now be edited by others. Also updated all prices, and added a few other complete series too.[/QUOTE]

This thread is a nice idea, but can we give the list a bit of organization? I would love to see someone (with much more patience than I) to organize these by genre and put in alphabetical order. I think those two would make the OP infinitely more-readable, amiright?

Maybe I can find the time a bit later to at least alphabetize if no one gets to it.

I looked over the Real Ghostbusters complete set and unless I'm looking at the picture of the volume sets in the firehouse box wrong, it looks like each volume is in a steelbook case.

[quote name='shrike4242']I looked over the Real Ghostbusters complete set and unless I'm looking at the picture of the volume sets in the firehouse box wrong, it looks like each volume is in a steelbook case.[/QUOTE]

Yep they are, or at least they used to. I think they might have switched over to plastic cases (w/ slips I believe) now. I'm not sure if you'd get the Steelbooks if you ordered directly from Tme Life though, I just know some reviews on Amazon mentioned getting the plastic cases instead.

[quote name='Sanges99']This thread is a nice idea, but can we give the list a bit of organization? I would love to see someone (with much more patience than I) to organize these by genre and put in alphabetical order. I think those two would make the OP infinitely more-readable, amiright?

Maybe I can find the time a bit later to at least alphabetize if no one gets to it.[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a go later tonight. Was planning on doing it anyways, but if someone beats me to it, I won't be upset. Lol

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yep they are, or at least they used to. I think they might have switched over to plastic cases (w/ slips I believe) now. I'm now sure if you'd get the Steelbooks if you ordered directly from Tme Life though, I just know some reviews on Amazon mentioned getting the plastic cases instead.[/QUOTE]
Time life also gives the plastic cases as well. Ordered one last year from them.

[quote name='DNukem170']Be careful, it's a manufacture-on-demand title, which uses DVD-R's.[/QUOTE]

That seems kinda nasty. :( I got G Gundam complete like that. It's okay but it just felt wrong. I would really be buying these for my kids and having them in any odd format would just ruin it (IMO).

Edited OP. Placed all series in alphabetical order and updated all prices.

Quick question does anybody want the titles listed in alphabetical order and by genre or is alphabetical order fine?

I personally prefer alphabetical order only. I honestly hate when titles are organized by genre (looking at you Best Buy) because sometimes titles have multiple genres and then they can be difficult to locate. I also hate how they combined the DVDs and Blu-rays but that is besides the point..

Good job though! I love this thread.

note:

i just watched invasion cause it was 13.10 and well aliens...im not sure its worth that price. of course if you want to watch a show to laugh at its endless plotholes and pure randomness and to hear "IM A PREGNANT WOMAN" or some variation of that blurted out in conversation every 5 minutes(really its amazing this is worked into nearly every conversation i swear the writers took bets on who could work it in the most in each episode)...well the show has entertainment value in the its so bad its laughable regard.

good thread idea OP.

[quote name='maxpower0965']Updated all prices and added more complete series to OP.[/QUOTE]

Really digging this thread. As a suggestion, could you highlight new additions to the list in some way? I've looked at the list a few times before and wasn't sure which ones you had just added.

[quote name='mpaullin']Really digging this thread. As a suggestion, could you highlight new additions to the list in some way? I've looked at the list a few times before and wasn't sure which ones you had just added.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Will do.

[quote name='mpaullin']Really digging this thread. As a suggestion, could you highlight new additions to the list in some way? I've looked at the list a few times before and wasn't sure which ones you had just added.[/QUOTE]

Did what you suggested and also added a few more dvd and blu-ray series to op

Sorry for double posting couldnt edit op on my phone.

But anyways I added Batman: The Animated Series. This is the cheapest I could find for each individual series. For vol. 1 & 4 you can get both for $40 with Freeshipping. And vol 1 & 2 you can pick up in store.

I'll add these to op when I get home.

If anyone buys vol 1 & 4 together you can use coupon "WBAFSAVE10" takes $10off. Needs to $50 before tax for coupon to work.

I got vol 1&4 and the movie ant bully for $41 after coupon.

Batman: The Animated Series Vol. 1 $17.99

Batman The Animated Series - Volume 2 $22.49

Batman: The Animated Series - Volume 3 $16.99

Batman: The Animated Series: Vol 4 $22.39

I really wish the WB would put some effort in and re-release Batman the Animated Series (the boxed set) on blu.

I kick myself everytime I think about how I walked away from the DVD version for $80 marked down at Target a few years back.

Ah well, "if wishes were fishes..." right?

[quote name='Sanges99']I really wish the WB would put some effort in and re-release Batman the Animated Series (the boxed set) on blu.

I kick myself everytime I think about how I walked away from the DVD version for $80 marked down at Target a few years back.

Ah well, "if wishes were fishes..." right?[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, seeing you post about BTAS made me look up the set on Amazon. Cheapest price is $240 (used). I bought the set 5 years ago or so for $90 on Amazon. I might consider selling it and buying the individual sets.. but when you factor in Amazon's cut and probably spending $100 shipped for the individual releases, I dunno if it's worth it. It really is the greatest animated show ever and the complete box set is pretty sweet...

don't mind me. Just talking to myself now.

Add me to the group of people who seriously regret not getting the complete series boxed set when it was out and affordable. I remember seeing it on sale for $76 new one time, but didn't bite. I think I might've even had it in my cart...

[quote name='mpaullin']Holy shit, seeing you post about BTAS made me look up the set on Amazon. Cheapest price is $240 (used). I bought the set 5 years ago or so for $90 on Amazon. I might consider selling it and buying the individual sets.. but when you factor in Amazon's cut and probably spending $100 shipped for the individual releases, I dunno if it's worth it. It really is the greatest animated show ever and the complete box set is pretty sweet...

don't mind me. Just talking to myself now.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget, too that just because something's listed at a ludicrous price isn't directly indicative that anyone is willing to pay that much. Always something to keep in mind when looking at Amazon's third-party market.

I take the Completed listings on eBay as a much more realistic idea of what Joe Public is actually looking to spend--which isn't without saying that there are handfuls of people out there who only purchase through Amazon however (as silly as that is). Looks like they're having difficulty consistently selling for even $100 if you notice all the red "did not sell" listings.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Which are dvd and bluray?[/QUOTE]

I usually just put Blu-Ray in title. But the list is mostly DVD.

Updated OP. Quite a few price drops

My fiance and I really enjoyed Invasion. Too bad they weren't renewed...the cliffhanger ending was pretty wild and there was never a resolution!

[quote name='mpaullin']Holy shit, seeing you post about BTAS made me look up the set on Amazon. Cheapest price is $240 (used). I bought the set 5 years ago or so for $90 on Amazon. I might consider selling it and buying the individual sets.. but when you factor in Amazon's cut and probably spending $100 shipped for the individual releases, I dunno if it's worth it. It really is the greatest animated show ever and the complete box set is pretty sweet...

don't mind me. Just talking to myself now.[/QUOTE]

I bought it on Amazon for like $50 years ago, but I returned it like a dumbass thinking I spent too much money on it. :roll:

bread's done
Back