Donkey Kong Country Returns Pre-Order (Nintendo 3DS) $27.99 Newegg + Free Shipping

nice, thanks OP...gonna have to get in on this. Ive never ordered from newegg personally but it looks like no tax as well. How long does their shipping usually take on preorders? Do they arrive on release day? I notice this comes out on a friday.

Thanks OP! I waited when this title was announced at 34.99, as I figured Newegg would drop a deal like this. I actually already got in on this deal, as I saw it earlier this morning.

I suggest those of you who want in on this deal, hurry up. The last few big name Nintendo games have sold out before days end.

Hopefully since this tile has a Friday release date, I can actually get it by Friday, but I doubt it. 90% of all my Newegg orders used to arrive within 1 day, when the 3 day shipping option was used(item was in CA, and I'm in NV). Now, I don't know what the hell their doing, but most items ship from the midwest, which I can't really control, but the items that still ship from CA now take the full 3 days.

Their using all kinds of weird mailing/shipping options now. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess, at least they are still offering good preorder deals(way better than Amazon at this point).

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Does newegg charge when it ships or when you place the order?[/QUOTE]

Charges when it ships

Question:

Is nintendo planning on dropping the MSRP of future 3DS titles to $34.99?

I've seen a handful for preorder with a 34.99 price tag.

It took over a week for my Luigi's Mansion pre-order to arrive from Newegg, so I'd rather pay the extra 8 bucks to Amazon to get it much quicker. Too bad shoprunner isn't an option on pre-orders otherwise I'd get it from Newegg no question.

Actually, now that I look at it, the shipping is 3 business days and not the eggsaver option. I will order from Newegg now. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='yokofox33']Actually, now that I look at it, the shipping is 3 business days and not the eggsaver option. I will order from Newegg now. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that eggsaver option is garbage. I've had some of those take almost 2 weeks. They give it to one carrier, then they hand it off to another, ect. I'm like, isn't this double/triple the work and cost? I'd imagine everyone who touches gets paid.

It's the "cheap" option, so I'm not normally in a huge rush to get games this way, but damn........They can mail most of the games I order by first class postal mail for pennies on the dollar and that takes 2-3 days anywhere in the country. I can't see their current methods being any cheaper, but it is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy slooooooooower for sure.

For anyone who wants a game in a timely manner from Newegg, NEVER choose the eggsaver option, it SUCKS!

[quote name='StryderOmega']I am locked in! Hoping for no motion controls![/QUOTE]
There's obviously none. The original motion controls are now mapped to X and Y.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']It couldn't already be dead, could it?[/QUOTE]

Don't think it's dead as the PROMO code still works. However my total comes out to 29.99+tax for some reason. Don't know if I missed a step before ordering?

Been kicking myself for not preordering LM:DM and Fire Emblem so I'm not going to run that risk again. In for 1!

[quote name='krizko']Don't think it's dead as the PROMO code still works. However my total comes out to 29.99+tax for some reason. Don't know if I missed a step before ordering?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, what's the promo code? I'm on mobile and can't see it maybe.

EDIT: Ok, got it. Weird how it wouldn't show for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
locked it in, i'll decide later if I want to keep it. waited too long on luigi's mansion when it was at the 29.99 preorder price, didn't want to let it happen again.

Didn't they do this for Animal Crossing: New Leaf? I hope they do another one for that because I remember it selling out before I had a chance to get in on it.

Those getting charged more, is due to "taxes". Depending on your location, Newegg is like Amazon, as they charge taxes depending on what state you live in.

bread's done
Back