Resident Evil: Revelations Pre-Order - $37.99 - X360, PS3, Wii U - Newegg - FS

[quote name='Kaiser499']Hmm, go with Newegg or keep my Amazon order with the Raid mode skin.[/QUOTE]

I mean, I wouldn't pay $12 for a skin.

I played though to the last boss battle (just got too frustrated to end up finishing it), with dual analog sticks I think this whole problem could be remedied. I just finished RE6, so my interest level is high, but anyone else have any opinions on this one. Even @ $12 off, this game seems overpriced :whistle2:/.

Whats the draw for everyone else? Never played it, or you think it'll add enough from the 3DS version to warrant a re-buy? Yes I am a sucker for the cheesy RE has become.

Here is high hopes for the "reboot" capcom has been mentioning up.

[quote name='doug_brit']I played though to the last boss battle (just got too frustrated to end up finishing it), with dual analog sticks I think this whole problem could be remedied. I just finished RE6, so my interest level is high, but anyone else have any opinions on this one. Even @ $12 off, this game seems overpriced :whistle2:/.

Whats the draw for everyone else? Never played it, or you think it'll add enough from the 3DS version to warrant a re-buy? Yes I am a sucker for the cheesy RE has become.

Here is high hopes for the "reboot" capcom has been mentioning up.[/QUOTE]

Would love a reboot of the originals in HD, but not with the gimmicky 'action horror' feel to it. It needs to be like Grade A reboot design and bring back survival horror gameplay. (It could be more like RE 4).

I really liked revelations on the 3DS; I played through it without the circle pad pro and didn't find it too difficult.

Is the console verison going to have off line co-op?

[quote name='GBAstar']I really liked revelations on the 3DS; I played through it without the circle pad pro and didn't find it too difficult.

Is the console verison going to have off line co-op?[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice if the Wii U version had gamepad/tv multiplayer as an option.

While I'm happy we're getting this game on consoles since I don't own a 3DS, I am angered by Capcom's pricing of this game. For that reason, I'm going to wait until the PCDD version is dirt cheap.

[quote name='mkelehan']I mean, I wouldn't pay $12 for a skin.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised at the people that do. I mean look at ebay. I'll never forget my mech Baird code for Gears 3 selling for $52 before fees. Or the Kantus code selling for $39. People are sometimes a little too attatched to a skin.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']While I'm happy we're getting this game on consoles since I don't own a 3DS, I am angered by Capcom's pricing of this game. For that reason, I'm going to wait until the PCDD version is dirt cheap.[/QUOTE]

That, and the fact that they removed laser sight from the game for whatever arbitrary reason. But look on the bright side - this is Capcom we're talking about. There's a good chance you'll be able to buy DLC to unlock it on your disk later down the road.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You'd be surprised at the people that do. I mean look at ebay. I'll never forget my mech Baird code for Gears 3 selling for $52 before fees. Or the Kantus code selling for $39. People are sometimes a little too attatched to a skin.[/QUOTE]

Lol, totally. I sold my first preorder bonus recently (BBYs bonus for Injustice as a matter of fact) and it fetched $32. I will do this all the time now as preorder incentives are almost always junk (or offered later for under $10).

How likely do you all think that Amazon will price match this if we pester them enough? I still have both preordered in hopes that Amazon will cave in and adjust. But then I'll feel bad for ditching Newegg.

But slime Rachel calls me!

[quote name='FurryCurry']How likely do you all think that Amazon will price match this if we pester them enough? I still have both preordered in hopes that Amazon will cave in and adjust. But then I'll feel bad for ditching Newegg.

But slime Rachel calls me![/QUOTE]

If enough people submit the Price to amazon to match they would consider it.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']That, and the fact that they removed laser sight from the game for whatever arbitrary reason. But look on the bright side - this is Capcom we're talking about. There's a good chance you'll be able to buy DLC to unlock it on your disk later down the road.[/QUOTE]

Funny because it's true.

So, so tempting, but I've barely touched the 3DS game sitting on my shelf, so I'll likely pick this up a year from now around the $20ish price point.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler'] they removed laser sight [/QUOTE]
Wow what?! Are you sure it's not just for pre-release videos?

Sold my 3DS version to get this, but I'll be waiting until it's really cheap on Steam or GMG.

[quote name='whoknows']Wow. Gamers are so whiny this gen.[/QUOTE]

I'm not whining but it seems like a pointless and random change, especially since they're being replaced with crosshairs

[quote name='black_hand313']I'm not whining but it seems like a pointless and random change, especially since they're being replaced with crosshairs[/QUOTE]

Granted it seems pointless, but people are acting like it completely ruins the game and are going as far to say that they won't buy the game anymore.

It'll be completely fine with cross hairs.

[quote name='whoknows']Wow. Gamers are so whiny this gen.[/QUOTE]
If you fell in love with mc d's cheese burger then they made without cheese only would you yearn for it? What is worse is people crying about the cryers what makes you better? Sorry but man what have people been smoking i want some. :lol:

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']If you fell in love with mc d's cheese burger then they made without cheese only would you yearn for it? What is worse is people crying about the cryers what makes you better? Sorry but man what have people been smoking i want some. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Good comparison, because the Resident Evil series has a long history of using laser sights.

Oh wait. No it doesn't.

[quote name='black_hand313']I'm not whining but it seems like a pointless and random change, especially since they're being replaced with crosshairs[/QUOTE]

Laser sight is DLC. $4.99

[quote name='whoknows']Good comparison, because the Resident Evil series has a long history of using laser sights.

Oh wait. No it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Stop being reasonable!
STOP!

Noooooo i dont want to hear it.

PS: The laser site was most likely a aim assist for the 3DS lack of dual analogs for better aiming.

[quote name='whoknows']Good comparison, because the Resident Evil series has a long history of using laser sights.

Oh wait. No it doesn't.[/QUOTE]
You crack me up compared to original release you are so .........

[quote name='destro4eva']Submitted this to Amazon, I hope they PM this one. I want that ooze Rachel and I want it for sub $40.[/QUOTE]
Same

[quote name='MaximusDM']Laser sight is DLC. $4.99[/QUOTE]

I'd buy it! Cross-hairs in RE6 looked so out of place. Aesthetics are a big part in a horror game. I'd rather have no cross-hairs and no laser-sight than use cross-hairs.

[quote name='tempbast']I'd buy it! Cross-hairs in RE6 looked so out of place. Aesthetics are a big part in a horror game. I'd rather have no cross-hairs and no laser-sight than use cross-hairs.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. What makes laser sights work so well in the context of Resident Evil is that it 1) Cuts down on HUD clutter which in turn 2) immerses the player even more because the laser comes from the gun character's gun. Where the heck is the cross-hair coming from?

[quote name='tempbast']I'd buy it! Cross-hairs in RE6 looked so out of place. Aesthetics are a big part in a horror game. I'd rather have no cross-hairs and no laser-sight than use cross-hairs.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but seeing as how RE hasn't been horror in almost a decade I'm fine with crosshairs.

There's going to be a demo released for this soon. Capcom gave no release date of it though. It's going to be for the Wii U not sure about the consoles yet. Just heads up for anyone on the fence on this.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']I agree, but seeing as how RE hasn't been horror in almost a decade I'm fine with crosshairs.[/QUOTE]

Yes it has. Your definition of horror is just wrong.

[quote name='TheScareCrowBB']Thinking pre-ordering this, but worried it will be released as a gold edition in the future.[/QUOTE]

Its already shipping with bonus content not in the 3DS version, so I doubt they make another run of new content. RE6 may get a gold edition tho

[quote name='whoknows']Yes it has. Your definition of horror is just wrong.[/QUOTE]
Then you must get scared when someone farts then. Sad... :drool:

bread's done
Back