Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Coupons valid 5/5 - 6/1
Splinter Cell Blacklist is on the cover of the mag/booklet
Prices in () are AFTER COUPON

$20 off Borderlands 2($20)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderl...id=1218402136474&skuId=3433069&st=borderlands 2&lp=2&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderl...id=1218402131364&skuId=3433032&st=borderlands 2&lp=1&cp=1
$20 off NCAA FootBall 13($40)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Fo...3662.p?id=1218538976471&skuId=4833662&st=ncaa football 13&lp=3&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Fo...3708.p?id=1218538976607&skuId=4833708&st=ncaa football 13&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off GOW Ascension ($25) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/God+of+War%3A+Ascension+-+PlayStation+3/5272444.p;jsessionid=C63EFCA189541F8445F2E596A50FB67D.bbolsp-app01-174?id=1218629939809&skuId=5272444&st=god of war&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off Injustice Gods Among Us($50)
PS3 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705941927&skuId=5924102&st=injustice: gods among us&lp=2&cp=1
X360 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705943570&skuId=5924139&st=injustice: gods among us&lp=1&cp=1
Wii-U http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Injusti...p?id=1218705944674&skuId=5924148&st=injustice &lp=3&cp=1

$10 off Fallen Earth Blood Sports or Rift Storm Legion for PC
($10)Rift Storm Legion http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rift:+S...8672.p?id=1218768192809&skuId=6638672&st=rift storm legion&lp=1&cp=1
($10) Fallen Earth Blood Sports http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fallen-...dows/1122132.p?id=1218223233664&skuId=1122132

$10 off any USED game $30 or more http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-G...ed/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

$10 off SELECT Afterglow controllers http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...ist=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n

$20 off HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition ($140) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hauppau...608353.p?id=1218761710047&skuId=6608353&st=HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition&cp=1&lp=1

($19.99/$17.99) USED NCAA 13 w/$10 off coupon + 10% GCU
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...ist=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n

If you think the @Gamer coupons have been lackluster, want more total coupons, coupons on systems & PS Vita/3DS games SPEAK UP HERE so they will change them.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...-diversity-to-the-gamer-magazine/idi-p/650023

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible coupons. Not only has Injustice been cheaper in ads, but that's just bad. Also wasn't the normal coupon for GoW A $20 dollars off? If that is indeed true, then that is really pathetic / sad.

wow if BB ends up price matching TRU that would make a sweeeet deal for Injustice (for people that can get them to do both or a whole store marks it down)

[quote name='mysticfail']wow if BB ends up price matching TRU that would make a sweeeet deal for Injustice (for people that can get them to do both or a whole store marks it down)[/QUOTE]
These coupons don't start working until the 5th anyway.

I would possibly use the borderlands one if the price was $~30

other than that no dice this month Injustice and GOW:A coupons are bad as Injustice had been on sale for $35 and RZ members had $20 off GOW:A just recently

was really hoping for a DMC coupon >.>

[quote name='admiralvic']Horrible coupons. Not only has Injustice been cheaper in ads, but that's just bad. Also wasn't the normal coupon for GoW A $20 dollars off? If that is indeed true, then that is really pathetic / sad.[/QUOTE]

Been cheaper in ONE ad right? TRU has it the cheapest and that was a rare one off. Who knows maybe its a sign of things to come since you know these coupons stack so maybe BBY will have it on sale and then you could stack the coupon.

Yes its not great but the best part is you don't have to renew/bitch every time just stop shopping there/using the coupons.

A couple decent games from the looks of it this month. Just need some sales to happen so these coupons can be stacked.

Good thing I never renewed my @gamer. I can easily wait till they had some good coupons like last year. Hopefully they will come again, hopefully

[quote name='joshnorm']Been cheaper in ONE ad right? TRU has it the cheapest and that was a rare one off. Who knows maybe its a sign of things to come since you know these coupons stack so maybe BBY will have it on sale and then you could stack the coupon.

Yes its not great but the best part is you don't have to renew/bitch every time just stop shopping there/using the coupons.[/QUOTE]

No.

BB gave $20 off to preorder it, so that was cheaper. (might be able to get a lower price, though you'll probably be asked to do a return rebuy.)
Tru offered a figure / guide at release.
Last week Tru offered a $15 dollar GC with purchase.
This week Tru has it for $35.
Kmart has it for $40 in an upcoming ad.
Someone reported Fry's has it for $35 atm.

So there are more than a few for a game that released less than a month ago. Impossible to say if it will stack with anything BB offers, but it's unlikely that it will beat the current TRU offering.

I really dont get how they can give out a $20 dollar off coupon for free a week or so ago and now only give $15 off for a paid membership coupon.

Like others said, hopefully a sale price will go on as well.

As usual you can't rate the coupons till the end every month it's the same thing then a bs game goes free or $5 & people scramble to get them.
If you were paying attention fromthe start of @gamer you should've paid off at least 2 yrs of @gamer & 2 PUR w/o paying anything anyways.

[quote name='Enuf']As usual you can't rate the coupons till the end every month it's the same thing then a bs game goes free or $5 & people scramble to get them.
If you were paying attention fromthe start of @gamer you should've paid off at least 2 yrs of @gamer & 2 PUR w/o paying anything anyways.[/QUOTE]

I get that but lets be honest, whens the last time that happened? Mass Effect 3 and Lolipop Chainsaw are the last I remember and that was back in October 2012 I believe.

[quote name='Enuf']As usual you can't rate the coupons till the end every month it's the same thing then a bs game goes free or $5 & people scramble to get them.
If you were paying attention fromthe start of @gamer you should've paid off at least 2 yrs of @gamer & 2 PUR w/o paying anything anyways.[/QUOTE]

Usually this is true, but it would be hard to say that this month...

$20 off Borderlands 2
$20 off NCAA 13
$15 off GOW Ascension
$10 off Injustice
$10 off Fallen Earth Blood Sports or Rift Storm Legend for PC
$10 off any used gsme $30 or more
$10 off SELECT Afterglow controllers
$20 HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition

Borderlands 2 has been cheap quite often, though at this point you might as well wait for the GOTY. Not many people care about sports games, so I doubt this will be anything big. GoW A has seen a few deals and we already had a better coupon ($20 off) via the normal GC promo. Injustice is $35 at TRU, which I doubt we will see cheaper after coupon at BB. Again, not a lot of interest. This happens every month. How many people really want an afterglow controller? I doubt an HDPVR will go on sale, though if the coupon is actually the HDPVR for $20 dollars and not $20 dollars off (most likely), then that would be killer.

[quote name='Deader2818']I get that but lets be honest, whens the last time that happened? Mass Effect 3 and Lolipop Chainsaw are the last I remember and that was back in October 2012 I believe.[/QUOTE]
How quickly we forget $24 for DBZ in 2013 not 2012

Im talking about price drops on games. Not flipping games to GS.

And even then, it was a $5 > $14 flip unless you were digital and able to get it traded in on that sunday before GS 50% ended.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Good thing I never renewed my @gamer. I can easily wait till they had some good coupons like last year. Hopefully they will come again, hopefully[/QUOTE]

Same here. Last year they had some great coupons and sales. So far they haven't had anything renewal worthy.

Last year BBY had last years NCAA and Madden for 10 bucks shortly after the new game release so I doubt the NCAA coupon will be as good as what you can get the game for by the end of June.

Maybe one of the others will end of being a nice surprise.
BTW is anyone else sick of them trying to push BL2? How many different sales are they going to have?

Well, I put up injustice day 1... there is no way they will let me apply the coupon, right lol? Specially with best buy not pming anything other than best buy post purchase, even with silver membership

Kicking myself for renewing. Not only have the coupons sucked lately, but they stole $80 in reward coupons when they canceled an order. It took me three weeks of emailing to get it back, then they took my $70 coupon when it wasn't scheduled to expire until July. Their customer service is horrible.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']The GameStop ad lists Borderlands 2 as $29.99 after price drop. Maybe there's hope. Maybe.[/QUOTE]

$10 for Borderlands 2 would be sickness.

[quote name='Deader2818']Not really trying to bitch and moan, but talking about the value of a subscription is a valid argument.[/QUOTE]
That's why I said I'll wait till the end of the month! :)

[quote name='Deader2818']Not really trying to bitch and moan, but talking about the value of a subscription is a valid argument.[/QUOTE]

Have you preordered a single game for 1000 RZ points? If so you already saved $5. So yes the sub is worth it if you actually play new releases and dont toss them into your collector/hoarder pile (backlog). I still love BBY and Gamestop. When it comes to playing games when you buy them its worth it if you know what you're doing.

Edit: The Bioshock Infinite glitch was also an added bonus for the Gamer Sub. Infinite day 1 for essentially $19.99.

I ended up renewing just because I needed to preorder injustice for a present, so I figured I might as well get the $20 reward zone coupon. But I honestly haven't used one of these Gamer's Club coupons since I got Kingdoms of Amalur last July.

Yes, I understand how the sub works. I understand that it has saved me money already.

As far as the value of coupons go, I think we can all say they have differently gotten worse over time. This set is just really odd considering they just gave out a $20 off GoW for free without having to pay for the sub.

Getting $20 back for pre-orders is in fact great and the best thing to get out of the sub. That has taken a hit as well since they really restricted the PM policy. If they do not add games for a fall Promo, namely things like ACIV, Watch Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls, CoD, Madden, NBA 2k14, etc. I won't be re subbing as the total value will have totally gone down.

Trust me, ive been defending it each month as the coupons have been pretty lack luster but people don't take the total value into affect. But with recent changes, very little in terms of weekly gaming deals,tanked trade in values and gaming departments shrinking in size, it has be worried about gaming deals at Best Buy as a whole.

Dude are you kidding me? I have 4 GCU(mom/sis/GF) paid thru 2014 & 2 PUR paid thru 2015 or 2016 so yes I fully understand getting value outta the sub. Of course I wanna see more months like the March issue($10 B:AC, $5 ME2 $5 Bulletstorm) but for all the talk/complaining each month on the @gamer threads I see it as just that TALK nothing more.

I have consistantly been aggressively trying to keep BB from being stale with their deals & even right now I've set something up to get 18-20 @gamer coupons per issue along with deals on hardware & more 3DS, PS Vita games.

Since 1/11/13 only 16 people have complained to Bestbuy about the direction of @gamer. That makes BestBuy think that GCU has moved in the right direction & we all know that's not true. There's still major issues & ways they can improve the entire GCU. If you wanna see a change speak up here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...-diversity-to-the-gamer-magazine/idi-p/650023
Most of the best things about GCU have come directly from these threads backed by CAG responses so I'd suggest people take 3 minutes to vote & post their ideas so WE ALL can get changed or the better.

In fact I'll update the OP accordingly & even set up a CAG thread to streamline all the ideax threads with GCU options that will benefit all types of gamers.

[quote name='Deader2818']
Getting $20 back for pre-orders is in fact great and the best thing to get out of the sub. That has taken a hit as well since they really restricted the PM policy.
If they do not add games for a fall Promo, namely things like ACIV, Watch Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls, CoD, Madden, NBA 2k14, etc. I won't be re subbing as the total value will have totally gone down.

Trust me, ive been defending it each month as the coupons have been pretty lack luster but people don't take the total value into affect. But with recent changes, very little in terms of weekly gaming deals,tanked trade in values and gaming departments shrinking in size, it has be worried about gaming deals at Best Buy as a whole.[/QUOTE]
Not to pile on you since I fully agree for the most part but I personally have BestBuy Ideax threads for almost all of these issues currently and as I've stated above people need to voice their opinions on the ideax threads to get things changed that's the only way it will. I have no problem setting up the threads but my vote only counts once others have more influence in that regard. We need to work together to get GCU back to the state it once was & then even better than before. They will offer more superior deals but it has to make financial sense to them. I could easily get them to offer games for $50 day 1 w/pre-order across the board, increase the 10% GCU discount to 25% or 35% off, more b2g1 coupons...but there would have to be give & take from us as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ almighty, thanks again Best Buy. If everyone who hated these coupons would take 5 minutes of your life and write a letter to someone at BBY maybe (slim chance but still) things would change.

I'm not saying bitch about it to them, but respectfully voice your opinion as a paying customer and your customer-ship in the future, ya know?

People on THIS site can't say that the $20 pre order bonus makes the subscription worth it. This is cheapassgamer.com not pay $40 for games.com. With so many good games out there and peope always talking about their huge back logs, fiscally stricken gamers shouldn't be paying more than $20 for a game these days. This is especially so since game prices drop so fast these days.

I haven't used a single coupon since I got my subscription. Best Buy obivously put out good coupons to get people to pay for the mag and then stop putting out any good coupons.

the whole idea of "best buy only put out good coupons at the start" is kinda dumb though because while it might work for that month, im sure they want to keep getting people to sub every month. Its not like every person who was going to sub did it all in the very start.

[quote name='Firefox59']People on THIS site can't say that the $20 pre order bonus makes the subscription worth it. This is cheapassgamer.com not pay $40 for games.com. With so many good games out there and peope always talking about their huge back logs, fiscally stricken gamers shouldn't be paying more than $20 for a game these days. This is especially so since game prices drop so fast these days.

I haven't used a single coupon since I got my subscription. Best Buy obivously put out good coupons to get people to pay for the mag and then stop putting out any good coupons.[/QUOTE]

Example of a hoarder. I buy games and preorder because I WANT TO PLAY THEM day one. I manage my games well and dont have 100s of games that are essentially a waste of money since you are never going to play them all. Just because a game is $2 does not mean you should buy it. Buy what you want to play and have interest in.

[quote name='Firefox59']People on THIS site can't say that the $20 pre order bonus makes the subscription worth it. This is cheapassgamer.com not pay $40 for games.com. With so many good games out there and peope always talking about their huge back logs, fiscally stricken gamers shouldn't be paying more than $20 for a game these days. This is especially so since game prices drop so fast these days.

I haven't used a single coupon since I got my subscription. Best Buy obivously put out good coupons to get people to pay for the mag and then stop putting out any good coupons.[/QUOTE]

Site is called CHEAP ass gamer, not BROKE ass gamer....

bread's done
Back