Wheel of Fortune (Xbox 360) $15.99 on Amazon

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Screw you guys, I like Wheel of Fortune and this is one of the lowest prices I've seen on it so far. The PS3 version is slightly more expensive. This is sold by Isomer Games but is eligible for free super saver shipping.

Wheel of Fortune - $15.99

a part of me thinks they should just put a bunch of the gameshows together on one disc and make it $20... that would probably stir more interest!

This is actually a surprisingly fun game. I bought it a few months ago. Fun to play with parents, significant other, etc.

Also, the achievements are pretty easy.

My wife and I love the Wii version. Highly recommended in any form. The GiantBomb guys played it and did a video; they all liked it, too.

The Wii version adds Wii Speak support which is horrible (it's inaccurate, and you can keep yelling the same letter that's already been played, rack up more cash, and keep going. The bug only happens when using Wii Speak, not when playing normally.) Ignore that, and it's a fine version.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']As much as I love game shows this just seems like something I shouldn't pay more than 10 for.
Same with jeopardy .[/QUOTE]

Work an extra hour. There you go :lol:

Thinking about renting via GameFly just for the achievements...or to buy it whenever the next game night w/ friends will be.

FYI the XBox version has Avatar support and online play, although I don't know if the THQ implosion took out online play on it like it did for Neguiz & Homefront.

[quote name='vlv723']Work an extra hour. There you go :lol:

Thinking about renting via GameFly just for the achievements...or to buy it whenever the next game night w/ friends will be.[/QUOTE]

FYI, if you are wanting the full 1000 it is not a great rental. Winning 50 games takes a LOT of time to do.

Winning the Million Dollar prize is luck based as well, but you will hopefully get it before the 50 wins is finished.

My girlfriend (a big WoF fan) actually asked me to get this game for her to play when it got cheap.

Thanks for the heads up, TC! In for 1.

[quote name='vlv723']Work an extra hour. There you go :lol:

Thinking about renting via GameFly just for the achievements...or to buy it whenever the next game night w/ friends will be.[/QUOTE]

I'm salary. Lol

[quote name='crunchewy']Is the online still live?[/QUOTE]

I played Jeopardy online more recently, but I would assume the online working for it would be the same as Wheel of Fortune. I played it online on the 7th on the PS3.

[quote name='Markew001']Has anyone played the Jeopardy title too? If so is it also good? Debating getting both.[/QUOTE]

Both are pretty accurate representations of the shows with the exception of the mini-game additions in between rounds. Those are tied back to the usual gameplay of each show though and not some off the wall lets throw in a completely unrelated mini-game.

The achievements/trophies for both come fast and furious at the beginning of play. To complete either takes a bit of a grind since you have to win 50 total games for each. Both have luck based items in their lists too.

[quote name='emperordahc']My wife and I love the Wii version. Highly recommended in any form. The GiantBomb guys played it and did a video; they all liked it, too.

The Wii version adds Wii Speak support which is horrible (it's inaccurate, and you can keep yelling the same letter that's already been played, rack up more cash, and keep going. The bug only happens when using Wii Speak, not when playing normally.) Ignore that, and it's a fine version.[/QUOTE]
My wife and I loved the Wii WoF as well. The Wii Speak's best feature was recording your own voice overs for the "Happy" and "Sad" moments for your avatar (needless to say why).

I played the PS3 version, and besides the online features and a different graphics engine, the game is nearly identical to the Wii version (mechanics-wise). Assuming the 360 is the same, so by association I'll say this is worthy of $16 for fans.

[quote name='billytwoshoes']the wii speak's best feature was recording your own voice overs for the "happy" and "sad" moments for your avatar (needless to say why). [/quote]

+1

I picked this up on PSN when it was on sale for $15 a few weeks back. It really is fun. Me and the wife have quite enjoyed it, and the did attempt to put a lot of content in there (lots of unlockable clothing, themes, props, etc). Definitely solid at this price point.

Actually bought this from amazon themselves just now for $15.12 (and Jeopardy for $16.69). Thanks, OP, for bringing them to my attention.

Picked up Wheel of Fortune from Amazon for $15.12...the other seller charged tax. Thanks OP, this will be fun to play every once in a while with friends and online.

[quote name='GamingGator']
Both are pretty accurate representations of the shows with the exception of the mini-game additions in between rounds. Those are tied back to the usual gameplay of each show though and not some off the wall lets throw in a completely unrelated mini-game.

The achievements/trophies for both come fast and furious at the beginning of play. To complete either takes a bit of a grind since you have to win 50 total games for each. Both have luck based items in their lists too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer! Went ahead and grabbed both.. should be fun! Thanks OP.

[quote name='jrutz']If only it was Kinect enabled so you can physically spin the wheel...[/QUOTE]

If you want the wheel to actually when spin when you want it to though there needs to be a wheel controller...

[quote name='skiizim']Wasn't this $5 or $10 at Best Buy a few months ago?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. You are probably thinking of The Price is Right Decades.

God, what an awful game that was. I picked up The Price is Right Decades on a whim because a thrift store I was in had a new copy for $10, and wished I hadn't when I finally played it. I can't possibly say enough bad things about that game or recommend enough that anyone reading this do not buy it.

Wheel of Fortune, however, is a lot of fun. The only negative thing I can even say is that the presentation could have used a bit more polish, but other than that, it's great.

bread's done
Back