Can you use Gamestop giftcard to buy amazon or steam credit?

dravack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
So yeah I have some stuff I can trade into gamestop for large amount. Debating if it's worth it since they rarely have "great" deals on stuff. But if I could flip the stuff for credit somewhere else might be worth it.

Iphone 4s 16 gb Verizon they are offering $304.20
Ipad 1st gen 64 gb 3g at&t $185.90

That's after the current 30% extra.

I can't imagine spending $490.10 at gamestop for a very very long time. So was hoping you guys might have some advice if it's flip able.

Also anyone ever sell a giftcard on plasticjungle. How well does that work? Since I don't have the card on me it's kinda hard to check. But they say "For GameStop we pay up to 82.62%" up to seems kinda vague to me. =/

Edit: It occurs to me I think I'll get 10% more for being a gamestop card member thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZeroFlame15']To answer your topic question..... Yes to steam cards...no to amazon cards (they dont offer them at their stores)[/QUOTE]

Well least the steam cards make it slightly more useful. As for the amazon cards. I swore a few weeks/months back there was a big deal or something about them selling those now?

[quote name='dravack']Well least the steam cards make it slightly more useful. As for the amazon cards. I swore a few weeks/months back there was a big deal or something about them selling those now?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they somehow were able to allow customers to buy amazon gift card codes a couple of months ago but that ended quick. Now they do not offer amazon giftcards (they have never offered them in the first place except for that one time.)

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Yeah they somehow were able to allow customers to buy amazon gift card codes a couple of months ago but that ended quick. Now they do not offer amazon giftcards (they have never offered them in the first place except for that one time.)[/QUOTE]

Ah guess I'm late to the party again then lol. Oh well. The steam thing gives me a little more reason to do it. Kinda funny that gamestop of all people has the best trade in value on these things. Even better than selling them outright. Kinda feel weird actually trading something into them.

The Amazon cards were only thought to be useful when using the Kindle. Some genius didn't realize it was Amazon credit, not just book/app credit until a bunch of people started buying the cards. They put a stop to it right away.

You can use it for steam credit, there are also a bunch of gift cards from different places on the card rack. I know there are like AMC/Fandango, Starbucks, Burger King, Taco Bell, Hulu, etc. So it may be worth looking into.

No more Amazon credits but you could probably still get steam credits

Probably YMMV though, the local stores around me shot me down last time during the big Amazon gc fiasco since they claimed it was 'money laundering like' to buy giftcards with credits roflmao. Other stores have let me though, probably depends on how well you know the employees or something.

[quote name='FadeToDark']The Amazon cards were only thought to be useful when using the Kindle. Some genius didn't realize it was Amazon credit, not just book/app credit until a bunch of people started buying the cards. They put a stop to it right away.

You can use it for steam credit, there are also a bunch of gift cards from different places on the card rack. I know there are like AMC/Fandango, Starbucks, Burger King, Taco Bell, Hulu, etc. So it may be worth looking into.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to see what they have. I've honestly never seen anything other than steam gift cards at my local store and I don't think I've seen even that at the stores in the town where my parents live. But, then I usually don't go looking for gift cards at gamestop. I'll check around and see what I find.

[quote name='dravack']Well least the steam cards make it slightly more useful. As for the amazon cards. I swore a few weeks/months back there was a big deal or something about them selling those now?[/QUOTE]

They did but CAG abused it to death in a matter of days. They actually offered the digital Amazon gift card for 2 months prior to someone making a thread here and poof they were gone before you knew it.

I mentioned this before but I did see physical cards but they were behind glass display next to kindles so not sure if they would sell it separately

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I mentioned this before but I did see physical cards but they were behind glass display next to kindles so not sure if they would sell it separately[/QUOTE]

Those were only sent to be an add on with the Kindle. It was a "get a free $25 gift card with a Kindle purchase!" kind of thing.

bumping this old post ... but I was told on 11/30/2015 by Jules (manager of Broadway & Jackson, Portland OR) that GS would no longer allow kindle card purchases with GameStop credit

bumping this old post ... but I was told on 11/30/2015 by Jules (manager of Broadway & Jackson, Portland OR) that GS would no longer allow kindle card purchases with GameStop credit
Just paid for $125 of Kindle Cards with $120 GC gift cards this afternoon.

Just paid for $125 of Kindle Cards with $120 GC gift cards this afternoon.
Another bump of an old thread.

I paid for a $50 Kindle card with a $50 Game Stop GC. I got the Game Stop GC on Saturday as part of that XBox One pick your own deal bundle.

Kid didn't even question it. Rang it up. Told me to swipe the Game Stop GC.

This was in NY FWIW.

I wasn't sure if he was going to let me or not. I usually buy PSN and Kindle cards with trade credit no problem but have heard they don't let you do it with a Game Stop GC.

I thought about doing it on Saturday when I got it but the kid was giving me a hard time on the deal itself. Trying to tell me it expired. Then trying to tell me it was online only.

bread's done
Back