Microsoft wired 360 controller $29.99 Amazon

Haha yeah I was kinda surprised to see mine in a bubble mailer also. $29.99 is still a decent price for this.

Pretty good price! Just picked up a Razer Onza 360 controller yesterday. Going to try it out tonight.. and if I don't like.. may end up biting on this!

Thanks OP.

[quote name='omnicious']how much was it in Newegg? what is the cheapest one of these have gone for?[/QUOTE]

^ can someone answer this - i'm curious too. not a bad deal either way since I have amazon credit I want to burn.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Pretty good price! Just picked up a Razer Onza 360 controller yesterday. Going to try it out tonight.. and if I don't like.. may end up biting on this!

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with the onza. I had the $50 one and went thru 4 of them with gentle but often use. They are poorly made and the left thumbgrip will tear off or the a b x y buttons will stop working. My son had the same issues with his. I think one controller also had problems with the jack the headset would connect to.

How are the controllers with the transforming D-Pads? Are they an actual improvement?

These wired controllers work with a PC too right?

[quote name='omnicious']how much was it in Newegg? what is the cheapest one of these have gone for?[/QUOTE]

newegg had them for $26.99. Not sure about how cheap these have been, I've always used wireless controllers up until I got my new pc.

[quote name='willardhaven']How are the controllers with the transforming D-Pads? Are they an actual improvement?

These wired controllers work with a PC too right?[/QUOTE]

Works for PC, I've heard the new D-Pads are awesome.

[quote name='tukai']Good luck with the onza. I had the $50 one and went thru 4 of them with gentle but often use. They are poorly made and the left thumbgrip will tear off or the a b x y buttons will stop working. My son had the same issues with his. I think one controller also had problems with the jack the headset would connect to.[/QUOTE]

Double True. The controller is nice for an hour or two, but it's all downhill after.

[quote name='tukai']Good luck with the onza. I had the $50 one and went thru 4 of them with gentle but often use. They are poorly made and the left thumbgrip will tear off or the a b x y buttons will stop working. My son had the same issues with his. I think one controller also had problems with the jack the headset would connect to.[/QUOTE]

I've found that to be true with ALL Razer stuff. They use hyper sensitive parts that work great right off the bat, but the long term quality sucks. Me and my wife both went through Razer mice a few years back that both went bad at about the same time, so I sword them off for a bit. Then went back and got an Onza for myself and the 6 button one for my wife. Less than a year later same thing - buttons multi clicking on single clicks, etc. The Onza looks and feels good, but never again with their products. For the premium they charge I expect more than a year with my moderate use.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Works for PC, I've heard the new D-Pads are awesome.[/QUOTE]

The new D-Pad is an improvement, but not awesome. Nintendo has a lock on awesome D-Pad. Hopefully others will take advantage of the recently lapsed patent (I believe). Sega also had a great one with their 6 button pad.

FYI I just noticed Best Buy dropped the wired controller to the same $30. If you live in a state without sales tax (or have reward points) it might be better for some.

Off to buy one locally now, the used cowboom wired controller was almost the same price, but had a weird feeling b button, so I returned it.

[quote name='willardhaven']How are the controllers with the transforming D-Pads? Are they an actual improvement?

These wired controllers work with a PC too right?[/QUOTE]

Not just the transforming D-Pad is great, but to me the analog sticks on those particular controllers operate tighter and have a better shape for your thumbs. The sticks themselves appear more durable and don't get as loose very easily as the standard controller. If you're a heavy gamer for the Xbox 360 I'd recommend spending a little more on the transforming D-Pad model for that reason alone.

That being said...those features are not on the WIRED Xbox 360 controller posted in this thread. I mainly use my wired controller on the PC (just plug in the USB cord and the driver is downloaded automatically) for some action/hack-n-slash and RPG games, so for my needs it's met fairly well. And of coruse many Steam games recognize the controller automatically and change in-game keyboard icons to proper Xbox 360 button icons.

Also I believe the wired controller has been on sale multiple times at $20 going back a few years, though $25-26 is the most common sale price.

Honestly I don't play my 360 often but I'm considering grabbing a wired controller to use on my PC. I play a lot of old games though, so I was thinking the transforming one might be worth the extra money.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll skip it for now.

Yes this is for the official WIRED controller, not wireless, a savings if $10 off MSRP. This puts it at the same price as an Afterglow, but if you want official this is a pretty good price from a retailer.

Yeah, I've read this in tons of reviews. At least I know I need to go easy on it from the beginning. We'll see...

*BTW, anyone recommend any third party controllers?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Yeah, I've read this in tons of reviews. At least I know I need to go easy on it from the beginning. We'll see...

*BTW, anyone recommend any third party controllers?[/QUOTE]

I haven't put huge hours on it, but the wired Rock Candy has been working awesome with no issues at all. It is a little smaller than an official and the start and select buttons are placed better (probably doesn't matter usually). The Dpad feels ok but I haven't used it for a fighter yet. A few possible minor complaints, the stick tops are plastic and more prone to slipping and the should bumpers are softer (not as clicky) than the official but have had no issues with that. I just know it is a hell of a lot better than that Black Ops controller I had.

The official wired controller is great for the xbox 360 as you don't need to worry about batteries and even better for the Pc since it's plug and play compatible. A lot of companies support this controller for Pc gaming and is ideal for games that use games for windows live, DRM aside.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Pretty good price! Just picked up a Razer Onza 360 controller yesterday. Going to try it out tonight.. and if I don't like.. may end up biting on this!

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Return the onza and get the sabortooth. This onza controller has tons of issues namely the triggings stop working and the sticks stat to drift.

Anyway, good price on a wired controller. Thanks OP.

[quote name='NINJA V']Deal is dead - its up to 34.99 now but... newegg shows them in stock for 29.99[/QUOTE]

Yep, just in case people skip to the last page instead of reading the beggining; if you buy from Newegg it will be shipped in a freaking bubble mailer and possibly squashed like mine was.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Yep, just in case people skip to the last page instead of reading the beggining; if you buy from Newegg it will be shipped in a freaking bubble mailer and possibly squashed like mine was.[/QUOTE]

My Newegg order for this (26.99) was shipped in a bubble mailer too, kind of crappy, but fortunately it arrived in good condition.

Love this for PC games, particularly Hydro Thunder Hurricane for Win8 piped to my HDTV!

I must assumed wired has lower latency or some other bonus. Saving $10-$20 on something you will spend hundreds if not thousands of hours on is foolish otherwise.

[quote name='RainFall']I must assumed wired has lower latency or some other bonus. Saving $10-$20 on something you will spend hundreds if not thousands of hours on is foolish otherwise.[/QUOTE]
I assume that alot of people were like me buying one for their PC

And yes there is lower latency with wired controllers.

bread's done
Back