XCOM: Enemy Unknown $13.95 Shipped *Region 3*

Apparently this game is very good, and this seems like a pretty good price. I am not huge on strategy games, but how is this one. Good for novices like myself?

Says its a Region 3 copy (Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong ). Will it still pull down update to the main game from my Region 1 (US) PS3? Can I download the DLC from the US PS Store?

This is the international version (Region 3), just incase anyone doesn't read the details on the page.

This game seemed pretty cool when I tried the demo, but I'm also not a hardcore strategy type gamer myself. I still want to give it a try eventually. It will probably drive me crazy, stress me out, and I'll reset like 100 times so none of my soldiers die though lol.

ps3 owners must not love x-com as this version is always on sale. x-com games tend to be on the difficult side.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Apparently this game is very good, and this seems like a pretty good price. I am not huge on strategy games, but how is this one. Good for novices like myself?[/QUOTE]

nope not all, this game can be pretty unforgiven at times, this review sums it up nicely

No, you can't. DLCs are region specific. So if you buy this version or any other game from other regions beside the US and ended up liking the game, you won't be able to purchase any DLCs for them from the US PSN store.

[quote name='mccurve85']Says its a Region 3 copy (Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong ). Will it still pull down update to the main game from my Region 1 (US) PS3? Can I download the DLC from the US PS Store?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kingotnw']OH man, the R3 thing sucks.. I missed the Best Buy deal, and have been waiting on another one.[/QUOTE]

If you just want to play the game, R3 is fine. Other then DLC it doesn't matter. This is good enough for me, I ordered it.

bread's done
Back