* - - - - 1 votes

44% of Republicans Believe "Armed Revolution is Necessary"

#91 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Citation needed.

2013. Man, Straw. "A post on Cheap Ass Gamer."

#92 usickenme   I'm the a-hole CAGiversary!   2556 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

usickenme

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

Educate me sure, but do not treat me like I am incapable of making such decisions.

You are. that's the problem very few people, if any, have all the necessary information to make good decisions..(despite their claims) and that includes you.

#93 Cantatus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

And we're right back to where we started which is to say, the government already has all the power. You think handguns, shotguns, hell even assault rifles would do absolutely anything if the government ended up going the way of tyranny? The government has access to tanks, fighter jets, bunker busting bombs, so on and so forth. Believe me, if the government went the way of tyranny, guns or no guns in the hands of citizens, the government would win.

That's one of the things I find interesting about the 2nd Amendment. At the time of the founding of our country, the playing field was pretty level. The same type of weaponry the government had was available to the citizenry, so if the citizenry ever felt the need to form a militia to overthrow the government, the playing field was level. I don't think the Founding Fathers could ever anticipate how advanced weaponry would become or even how unattainable the most advanced weapons would be available to the average citizen.

Opponents of gun control laws cite the need to be able to be able to defend themselves from the government as one of the reasons to be against more stringent laws, but it seems like that point came and went decades ago when you consider what the government has in their arsenal compared to what's available to the average citizen. I think we like to give the Founding Fathers a lot of credit in how they developed our country, but there was obviously a pretty solid limitation to their perspective.

#94 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

Name me one case in modern history where a gun loving 2nd amendment defender have ever used or came out in force to defend the oppression of another?
If blacks had guns, slavery and fight for civil rights would of never even been needed
If women had guns, the suffrage movement would of never needed to occur
If gays had guns, we would not be debating if they deserve any equal protection
If drug users had guns our prison would actually be filled with REAL criminals not a junkie

If guns were used to defend against a corrupt gov't or gov't forces, this would be a very good start? However I have not seen any 2nd Amendment defender come to the aid of these people ( the following cases in the link below would be where the 2nd amendment be ABSOLUTELY applied )
https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=679

Edited by Finger_Shocker, 09 May 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#95 Purple Flames   MC Sucka DJ CAGiversary!   5768 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Purple Flames

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Name me one case in modern history where a gun loving 2nd amendment defender have ever used or came out in force to defend the oppression of another?
If blacks had guns, slavery and fight for civil rights would of never even been needed
If women had guns, the suffrage movement would of never needed to occur
If gays had guns, we would not be debating if they deserve any equal protection
If drug users had guns our prison would actually be filled with REAL criminals not a junkie

If guns were used to defend a corrupt gov't or gov't forces, this would be a very good start? However I have not seen any 2nd Amendment defender come to the aid of these people ( the following cases in the link below would be where the 2nd amendment be ABSOLUTELY applied )
https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=679

You already know the answer to this question: The only rights these people care about protecting are those of white heterosexual Christian males (i.e. themselves). Those time they actually wanna take up arms against what they view as a corrupt government is when the status quo is threatened.

#96 Knoell   Achievement Unlocked CAGiversary!   2584 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

It is very difficult for those who have never truely experienced tyranny to imagine why opposing it would ever be possible, necessary, or productive, which is why this giant circle jerk that just took place "seems" to make sense on the surface.

It is very disappointing to see such a "why bother" mentality, but that is the new "comfortable" age I guess.

And then some of the arguments are just flat out ridiculous, and racist.

You are. that's the problem very few people, if any, have all the necessary information to make good decisions..(despite their claims) and that includes you.

Education is the key though not compulsion. Which is what I believe you are saying.

#97 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2451 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Is that like taking away certain types of guns because of mass shootings where the guns aren't used, to taking them away because you don't really need them?

I thought it was more similar to saying cops are a form of the enemy...until we want to arm them and put them in schools to prevent shootings.

#98 usickenme   I'm the a-hole CAGiversary!   2556 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

usickenme

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

It is very difficult for those who have never truely experienced tyranny to imagine why opposing it would ever be possible, necessary, or productive, which is why this giant circle jerk that just took place "seems" to make sense on the surface.

It is very disappointing to see such a "why bother" mentality, but that is the new "comfortable" age I guess.

And then some of the arguments are just flat out ridiculous, and racist.

Education is the key though not compulsion. Which is what I believe you are saying.

It's more than education, it's also who controls the information and what people want to do with it.

Lets say I don't want pesticides in my food but I don't want regulation. So I have to rely on farms, food companies, grocers to give me that information and not lie. I also have to research every possible pesticide to figure out if any are okay. Then I have to hope that research is honest. It's not as simple as "gimme the informational and let me decide"

If I'm like most Americans ill just say Fuck it, let me eat the poison as long as my tomatoes are bright red. Which would be fine if I was the only person affected.

The irony is that for a completely libertarian society to actually work we'd have to think more like collectivists

#99 UncleBob  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

I thought it was more similar to saying cops are a form of the enemy...until we want to arm them and put them in schools to prevent shootings.

That falls under the idea that "all cops are the same". They're not. Besides, didn't they want to arm teachers? ;)

#100 Knoell   Achievement Unlocked CAGiversary!   2584 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

It's more than education, it's also who controls the information and what people want to do with it.

Lets say I don't want pesticides in my food but I don't want regulation. So I have to rely on farms, food companies, grocers to give me that information and not lie. I also have to research every possible pesticide to figure out if any are okay. Then I have to hope that research is honest. It's not as simple as "gimme the informational and let me decide"

If I'm like most Americans ill just say Fuck it, let me eat the poison as long as my tomatoes are bright red. Which would be fine if I was the only person affected.

The irony is that for a completely libertarian society to actually work we'd have to think more like collectivists

I don't think I meant a completely libertarian society. I am perfectly ok with laws that are effective. It is the so called "common sense" laws that prohibit 99.999% of people from doing something that isn't negative on the off chance the .001% remaining could use it in a negative way. Those aggravate me because they do not do anything.

#101 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

You already know the answer to this question: The only rights these people care about protecting are those of white heterosexual Christian males (i.e. themselves). Those time they actually wanna take up arms against what they view as a corrupt government is when the status quo is threatened.

Pretty much. If a similarly angry group of black people formed a pseudo political party and started espousing the need to bear arms in case white people decided to enslave them again, you think the tea party knuckleheads would have their back? Fuuuuck no. What people like that are really saying is that THEY have to the right to bear arms, they being people like them.

I'm just thankful that nothing like that has actually happened. Crazy ass crackers and their gun fetish...

#102 Feeding the Abscess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3251 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Feeding the Abscess

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Pretty much. If a similarly angry group of black people formed a pseudo political party and started espousing the need to bear arms in case white people decided to enslave them again, you think the tea party knuckleheads would have their back? Fuuuuck no. What people like that are really saying is that THEY have to the right to bear arms, they being people like them.

I'm just thankful that nothing like that has actually happened. Crazy ass crackers and their gun fetish...

Posted Image

#103 Knoell   Achievement Unlocked CAGiversary!   2584 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Nice strawman.

Edited by Knoell, 11 May 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#104 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Slavery proves that our gov't can be tyrannical and that we should have protection from it. The gov't was the entity who made and kept it legal. You really think that if a debate about infringing on the 13th Amendment was ongoing like the 2nd amendment debate, that the Tea party would be in favor of gun control and bans? Defense of rights given by the Constitution and its Amendments should be easy. The gov't should just read what it already past. :roll: The Patriot Act, gun control, etc should be the least of our worries because explicit language already forbade them. You also know that a ton of WHITE abolitionist gave their lives to force the GOV'T to end slavery, right? Owning a gun and being a racist redneck CAN be mutually exclusive. That's a nice bit of stereotyping by you there though. Tell me again how I'm racist because I point out that 13% of a population using 33% of welfare is out of whack.:roll:

To wrap this little rant up, blacks should have guns if they want them, ALL responsible, law abiding US citizens should have guns if they want them. In your scenario, the gov't would be the enemy, not whites. The gov't would be the tyrannical entity enforcing slavery, like it already has done. The 2nd Amendment would then be used as it was intended. I think Clak has me on ignore:lol:, so this will probably never penetrate his "echochamber"....

#105 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Posted Image

What you're saying is if we want gun control, we need more armed minorities?

;)

Unrelated, but based on your avatar you may find this amusing:
https://fbcdn-sphoto..._84682253_n.jpg

#106 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Actually that probably would work. Get a bunch of arab people (or just people from the general area of the world, doesn't really matter) to start espousing views similar to that of the tea party. Before long, buying a gun will damn near impossible.

#107 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

OMG.

Get CAIR to do a national mall open-carry rights protest.

BAM.

#108 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Huey had some great 2nd Amendment quotes:

“Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment.”

“There's no reason for the establishment to fear me. But it has every right to fear the people collectively - I am one with the people.”

“Sometimes if you want to get rid of the gun, you have to pick the gun up.”

You should have the right to your gun until you prove your inability to obey the law.

#109 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Those are great quotes from a black panther to use to argue against people who wish to take away your guns.

So be ready to use them when people who actually make that argument show up.

#110 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Slavery proves that our gov't can be tyrannical and that we should have protection from it. The gov't was the entity who made and kept it legal. You really think that if a debate about infringing on the 13th Amendment was ongoing like the 2nd amendment debate, that the Tea party would be in favor of gun control and bans? Defense of rights given by the Constitution and its Amendments should be easy. The gov't should just read what it already past. :roll: The Patriot Act, gun control, etc should be the least of our worries because explicit language already forbade them. You also know that a ton of WHITE abolitionist gave their lives to force the GOV'T to end slavery, right? Owning a gun and being a racist redneck CAN be mutually exclusive. That's a nice bit of stereotyping by you there though. Tell me again how I'm racist because I point out that 13% of a population using 33% of welfare is out of whack.:roll:

To wrap this little rant up, blacks should have guns if they want them, ALL responsible, law abiding US citizens should have guns if they want them. In your scenario, the gov't would be the enemy, not whites. The gov't would be the tyrannical entity enforcing slavery, like it already has done. The 2nd Amendment would then be used as it was intended. I think Clak has me on ignore:lol:, so this will probably never penetrate his "echochamber"....

Sure the gov't may have maintain slavery, but when the gov't tried to ABOLISH it, it didn't go well with certain white folks..

Farkin A .... There is a town in Georgia who still hold segregated proms..

#111 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

I think the first thing we need is to start setting up minorities gun shows, where groups of blacks, latinos, and "muslim" looking men, go in and buy shitloads of guns...

Lets see how supportive of gun rights, those states will be then. You can shut anything down when racism is institutionalized.

#112 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Sure the gov't may have maintain slavery, but when the gov't tried to ABOLISH it, it didn't go well with certain white folks..

Farkin A .... There is a town in Georgia who still hold segregated proms..

http://www.nytimes.c...-prom.html?_r=0

"But locally, the separate proms have defenders. White residents said members of the two races had different tastes in music and dancing, and different traditions: the junior class plans the white prom, and the senior class plans the black prom.
Wayne McGuinty, a furniture store owner and City Council member, who is white, said he had donated to fund-raising events for both proms in past years and saw no problem with separate proms. They do not reflect racism, he said, but simply different traditions and tastes. When he was a senior in high school, in the 1970s, he said, there were separate proms for those who liked rock music and country music."

The segregated proms were paid for with private money. Should this be allowed to be banned? Hip-hop/rap versus rock/country instead of black versus white. Are some people on both side racists? Hell yeah, but is gov't force applied to private citizens actions the way to foster racial harmony?

#113 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

They do not reflect racism, he said, but simply different traditions and tastes.

Yeah, just like black people and white people learn differently so they need different schools or how drink from the fountain differently or how they like to sit in different parts of the bus... :roll:

#114 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, just like black people and white people learn differently so they need different schools or how drink from the fountain differently or how they like to sit in different parts of the bus... :roll:

You don't think that there is a difference between white and black culture and/or preferred music? The prom is meant for fun, so if you hate rap or country music, do you really want to go to one that has a DJ playing that form of music exclusively? If private money is used, then let people do what they want. Public funds are a different matter. Brain based research shows that people do learn differently, not along racial lines but how their brains are "wired". So are "one size fits all" education style is not the most effective.

#115 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

You don't think that there is a difference between white and black culture and/or preferred music? The prom is meant for fun, so if you hate rap or country music, do you really want to go to one that has a DJ playing that form of music exclusively? If private money is used, then let people do what they want. Public funds are a different matter. Brain based research shows that people do learn differently, not along racial lines but how their brains are "wired". So are "one size fits all" education style is not the most effective.

Seriously dude!!!!!
Posted Image
[img]http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/MUSIC/thumbnail/280X390/quality/90/http://o.aolcdn.com/os/music/artist/wikipedia/eminemlivein2012.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/27799933e.jpg[/img]

Someone need to tell these guys to stop trying to be BLACK.....:applause:

#116 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

You know, I could go on and on but at the end of the day the majority opinion for Brown v. Board of Education says it all better than I could anyway.

Public, private funds don't matter either. Public funds aren't involved in a rental agreement but they're still subject to discrimination under the Civil Rights and Fair Housing Acts. Furthermore, even if the event itself is privately funded it is still inescapably tied to public schooling. Hell, even if this was a completely private school it would be wrong.

#117 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

You know, I could go on and on but at the end of the day the majority opinion for Brown v. Board of Education says it all better than I could anyway.

Public, private funds don't matter either. Public funds aren't involved in a rental agreement but they're still subject to discrimination under the Civil Rights and Fair Housing Acts. Furthermore, even if the event itself is privately funded it is still inescapably tied to public schooling. Hell, even if this was a completely private school it would be wrong.

So if I am in high school and decide to throw a party not on school grounds, not paid for with public money, and make it invitation only, then you feel the gov't has the right to step in? I might agree with you a little if you are making a moral versus legal statement, but, even then, you should be able to invite who you want. Now if they are using the public school facilities and excluding students, then I have a big problem. Racial relations are slowly getting better as people date and fall in love. Eventually I think we will all truly be color blind, but a gov't enforced "you will embrace who we tell you to embrace" policy will only hinder the process. Bitterness and resentment on all sides will occur. This story proves that, given time, the better part of humanity comes forward without gov't intervention. I still feel sorry for those kids who were forced to dance to hip-hop/country.;)

#118 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

So if I am in high school and decide to throw a party not on school grounds, not paid for with public money, and make it invitation only, then you feel the gov't has the right to step in? I might agree with you a little if you are making a moral versus legal statement, but, even then, you should be able to invite who you want. Now if they are using the public school facilities and excluding students, then I have a big problem. Racial relations are slowly getting better as people date and fall in love. Eventually I think we will all truly be color blind, but a gov't enforced "you will embrace who we tell you to embrace" policy will only hinder the process. Bitterness and resentment on all sides will occur. This story proves that, given time, the better part of humanity comes forward without gov't intervention. I still feel sorry for those kids who were forced to dance to hip-hop/country.;)

Don't know how permits work, eh?

As for desegregation, that social experiment worked just fine for the military.

#119 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Don't know how permits work, eh?

As for desegregation, that social experiment worked just fine for the military.

Don't know the difference between public and private funds, eh?:roll:

#120 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Don't know the difference between public and private funds, eh?:roll:

Context matters. And :roll: right back atcha.