Silent Hill: Downpour (360) $12.99 @ amazon

Good deal, but us PS3 owners have been getting snubbed too often, just a week ago with SSX, and now with this game.

Does anyone know if the bugs were patched on this? I remember hesitating to buy it from NewEgg a while back when it was $16, because some people claimed it had some problems.

[quote name='don_juan_darko']fuck, why are the deals always for the 360!? I was thinking about buying this the past couple days, I know that Newegg had it as low as $15.99 for a few days a while back, but the prices are all inflated now. Us PS3 owners always get snubbed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same with ASM from gamefly.

My guess would be format due to manufacturer cost Blu-ray> DVD

[quote name='krashhole']Maybe because more people own a 360?[/QUOTE]

Last I heard the PS3 was slightly ahead (77 million to 76 million) units shipped in January 2013.

[quote name='krashhole']That doesn't determine if they bought it for gaming, or for a 3D bluray player which is pretty much all I use mine for.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, I didn't know that people bought the PS3 solely for a 3D BluRay player.

lol @ people who buy a $300 PS3 for BluRay. I got my 3D BluRay player for $55 brand new and it supports H.264/MKV movies.

Oh BTW, are you certain that half the 360 owners didn't just buy a 360 for DVD playback? :)

$300? You paid way too much! And a $55 3D bluray player? I bet its awesome :) My PC that's hooked up to my TV supports all those formats.

What the hell is a DVD?

[quote name='don_juan_darko']Good deal, but us PS3 owners have been getting snubbed too often, just a week ago with SSX, and now with this game.

Does anyone know if the bugs were patched on this? I remember hesitating to buy it from NewEgg a while back when it was $16, because some people claimed it had some problems.[/QUOTE]

I see you missed the $9.99 deal they had for the PS3 version(which has 3D): http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334028

I rented this the other day and had to return it after a couple hours. Feels like they aren't even trying anymore with this series.

I enjoyed this one enough to complete it. Thought the story was pretty decent and the town was nicely done. There are some pretty cool throwbacks to other games in the series that you can stumble upon. However, the combat is total ass, the game isn't scary (to me anyway), and there are literally only like 5 different enemies in the whole game. No boss battles except for the final boss and a short miniboss towards the end. I guess the pacing kept me going. There are a few really neat set pieces like the Hansel & Gretel play. I'd put it above Homecoming and The Room.

Sadly, I haven't touched Silent Hill since 2 and 3. SH2 still gives me the chills. I want more good SH games, dangit!

[quote name='don_juan_darko']Last I heard the PS3 was slightly ahead (77 million to 76 million) units shipped in January 2013.[/QUOTE]

Except in the US the PS3 has been behind for quite some time.

[quote name='Gumshoe']Sadly, I haven't touched Silent Hill since 2 and 3. SH2 still gives me the chills. I want more good SH games, dangit![/QUOTE]

They're all good. :D

this game is great. really shines once u get into the town, great atmosphere, combat kinda throw back but it fits the game perfact. puzzles are hard hell i just looked up most of them, but overall really under rated game

[quote name='needler420']My guess would be format due to manufacturer cost Blu-ray> DVD[/QUOTE]Maybe, but I have seen BD movies cheap as $5 brand new, and BD movies under $10 brand new are especially common.

bread's done
Back