Hitman: Absolution (PS3/360) - $20 on Amazon

Yeah it's ok for $20, but gets repetitive fast. I bought for $35 last oct and traded in w/o finishing.

If you love it, great! (Not a hater lol)

I bit on the $20 Hitman Trilogy deal recently and ended up getting it for $0. Amazon turned around and e-mailed me a $5 promotional credit, strangely. I'm considering using that toward this to subsidize the purchase down to $15, then applying Bing points for the difference. S&H is always a problem with me, though; I may not order because I need some filler to bring the order total to $25 for free S&H. Hmmmm...

CORRECTION: The $5 credit is for digital video game downloads only, which for 360 is pretty much useless. At $20 plus S&H, I'll wait for the inevitable $10 via Gamefly deal. I haven't played Hitman at all save for a demo on the PS2 10 years ago, so I'm in no rush to get to Absolution.

Gonna wait for $10 hopefully someday too. If I didn't already buy it on Steam for $9.xx last month I might have bit for $20. I did however buy the Trilogy last week.

Just finished playing through this. If you loved the stealth aspect in Blood Money (who didn't) you will absolutely hate this abomination to the Hitman series. As some others have said the entire stealth system is completely broken. If you wanna run and gun through a Hitman game for some reason then this is absolutely the game for you.

Man, why all the hate? I loved every minute of this one. Awesome amount of content and replayability. The disguise system is not broken, its just not an auto-win system anymore. You still have to do some sneaking. Totally worth $20, IMO, but we all know it will get cheaper (didn't sell well from what I understand).

@nutman, what about the stealth system is broken? I beat it on my first playthrough without ever being spotted (just restarted the checkpoint when I was).

[quote name='mpaullin']nutman, what about the stealth system is broken? I beat it on my first playthrough without ever being spotted (just restarted the checkpoint when I was).[/QUOTE]
You are spotted almost as quickly in a disguise as out of a disguise. You are spotted from across the map, spotted with your back turned, spotted when you have a disguise on that completely covers your face, etc. Our difference in opinion could be based on the difficulties we played on as well. I've heard the stealth on the non professional difficulties (easy and normal) is while still not perfect, much less infuriating.

IMO and many other long time Hitman players Blood Money was just about pure perfection is terms of stealth. As long as you didn't do anything suspicious disguises completely disguised you. As this game stands now it just turns into ridiculous duck walking and rushing to whatever barricade is nearby to hide behind if you want to play stealthily.

[quote name='thenutman69321']You are spotted almost as quickly in a disguise as out of a disguise. You are spotted from across the map, spotted with your back turned, spotted when you have a disguise on that completely covers your face, etc. Our difference in opinion could be based on the difficulties we played on as well. I've heard the stealth on the non professional difficulties (easy and normal) is while still not perfect, much less infuriating.

IMO and many other long time Hitman players Blood Money was just about pure perfection is terms of stealth. As long as you didn't do anything suspicious disguises completely disguised you. As this game stands now it just turns into ridiculous duck walking and rushing to whatever barricade is nearby to hide behind if you want to play stealthily.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I played on normal and didn't experience these problems. Does sound annoying. So maybe I should just say the game is a blast (on normal).

[quote name='mpaullin']Yeah, I played on normal and didn't experience these problems. Does sound annoying. So maybe I should just say the game is a blast (on normal).[/QUOTE]

i played on normal and i had those problems happen ...... alot

bread's done
Back