Amazon Marketplace Return

callmesteam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I ordered an Xbox game from the Amazon Marketplace, advertised as 'like new'. When the game arrived, the disc is fine, but its in a generic GameStop case. I notified the seller and they refunded me for the item. I need to return the item now though.

That means I have to pay $3 or whatever to ship it back, even though it wasn't as advertised. I know it's only $3, but it has me asking questions. If I put no postage and no return address, it should get to them with 'postage due', right? I don't want to be a bad buyer. Or I could pay to ship it back, and then leave negative feedback. The seller replied to my refund request quickly, though said 'the game works fine'. He's a new seller, so I was taking a bit of a chance, but was trying to help by letting him get some sales history. I'm his first buyer, so negative feedback will be even more detrimental.

Just curious on what you guys think is the best thing to do.

Thanks!

He could not accept the package and you won't get a refund. Or the post office could give the package back to you for insufficient postage

Why not just retape it and send it back to sender?

You can always just contact him and see if he is willing to pay for the shipping back.

I've found that just contacting them might fix the issue in the majority of the cases, but he is unwilling to do so, then you can decide on alternate roots, but might as well contact him first to see what he says.

[quote name='62t']He could not accept the package and you won't get a refund. Or the post office could give the package back to you for insufficient postage

Why not just retape it and send it back to sender?[/QUOTE]

I already received a refund. If I sent it without a return address, the letter would not come back to me.

He mailed it in a paper envelope, so it can't be resealed. Not discreetly anyway.

I just emailed him to see if he will paypal me the difference for shipping. If he does, I will leave positive feedback, if not, I will leave negative feedback. Thanks for the advice. As an honest buyer, I'd hate for it to end up in the dead letter office for whatever reason, so that's why I'm hesitating.

Amazon seller here.

First off, you are completely in the right for getting a refund for a "Like New" item in a generic case. The description in which Amazon gives for "Like New", "Very Good", "Good", and "Acceptable" clearly define what a game must come with.

Second, the seller should have merely authorized your return request but not give you a refund until you had returned the game. By authorizing a full refund without receiving the game, the seller is opening themselves up to you simply keeping the game and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

[quote name='Krullwolf']Amazon seller here.

First off, you are completely in the right for getting a refund for a "Like New" item in a generic case. The description in which Amazon gives for "Like New", "Very Good", "Good", and "Acceptable" clearly define what a game must come with.

Second, the seller should have merely authorized your return request but not give you a refund until you had returned the game. By authorizing a full refund without receiving the game, the seller is opening themselves up to you simply keeping the game and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.[/QUOTE]

^^this^^
and it will most likely only be $2 to return properly.
I would expect a refund of return postage after he receives the returned game (as noted you already received 100% refund for game)

He said he would pay shipping. I shipped it yesterday and it was around $3 with tracking. I'll wait to leave feedback when I receive the shipping payment. I have a feeling they're just green, not trying to rip anyone off. Thanks again for the feedback, guys.

bread's done
Back