HH GREGG Video Game Clearance YMMV

cody215

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Found a couple games while i was in HH Gregg.

ALL GAMES ARE $4.95!

Games I Saw...

Skyrim (Ps3) $15 Trade-in Gamestop
Little Big Planet 2 (Ps3) $2 Trade-in Gamestop
Dead Space 2 Limited Editon (Ps3)
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Xbox360)

Worth a look as you may find more than listed!

Last edited by a moderator:
At my store they told me they will be not having videogames anymore as they are not a software store.
this could mean clearance in much more.

At My store they told me they are clearing out all inventory of games and are not restocking them anymore as they are not a big seller in the software area.

I dont like this store the few times I went to it all the employees start following me and stand next to me even when i tell them I dont need any help. Im gonna have to swing by tommorow because $5 for Skyrim is crazy good.

Metalmega- you might wanna hurry, i would post a pic of the stack of games as there were about 8 left but im a new member... How do i become a non new member btw? And also your comment about the employees following you made me laugh. I was looking at the stack and he was right next to me as i was looking at skyrim plus the manager came over and people from the register were looking to..???

An HHgregg opened up in my town like a year ago... I never understood why. Their parking lot is always empty.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I dont like this store the few times I went to it all the employees start following me and stand next to me even when i tell them I dont need any help.[/QUOTE]

Just turn to them and give them a wink and a shush.

[quote name='keithp']Just turn to them and give them a wink and a shush.[/QUOTE]

And there it is, I was waiting for that one , :)

An HHGregg opened up in the mall here. I was excited, figured more competition is always good. But the geniuses who opened the store decided to put a store in the mall that you can't actually access from within the mall, only from the outside entrance. What's the point? Only thing I've ever bought there was a GPS on Black Friday. Looked at TVs there when we were looking for a new one but their prices were high and I just don't see why anyone would shop there instead of Best Buy.

I might stop in and see what they have. It's no wonder they are clearancing them out because they "don't sell". Not many people want to pay $5-$8 over MSRP for damn near every game in the store. Who the hell orders copies of Madden 09 (this store opened last year) and marks them at $65.99? Derp.

Was gonna say, an HH Greg opened up about a half hour from here but has no games, guess they just didn't bother with that new a location, it's maybe only a year old...perhaps less. Not too fond of the place anyways.

Hmmm... local HH Gregg I believe had video games when I briefly checked it out. Prolly too late at this point, but I'll look in the morning.

I'll check mine after work. Or maybe at lunch. :p We just got one about a year ago as well.

I never understood what the appeal was. I went in and they have virtually nothing compared to the Walmart, Best Buy, American and the mall that are practically right next to it.

[quote name='Duetschbag']I'll check mine after work. Or maybe at lunch. :p We just got one about a year ago as well.

I never understood what the appeal was. I went in and they have virtually nothing compared to the Walmart, Best Buy, American and the mall that are practically right next to it.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why these opened, either, or how they stay in business. They don't offer low prices or a diverse selection.

In fact, when I stop in today to see if they have any games, it'll only be the second time I ever went into one...the other being related to a gaming clearance years ago, too.

I went into an HH Gregg once. They had a VERY small selection of games, namely dance games for Wii and CoD/Madden. They did have a couple copies of Skyrim PS3, I suppose it may be worth calling to see what's available if I get around to it, but then again Skyrim is so shitty on PS3 that I don't know that I'll even bother.

I gotta agree with the consensus here though; the store is the ultimate suck, and how they stay alive when BB is in so much trouble I'll never understand. BB is infinitely better.

[quote name='rcerboss']I went into an HH Gregg once. They had a VERY small selection of games, namely dance games for Wii and CoD/Madden. They did have a couple copies of Skyrim PS3, I suppose it may be worth calling to see what's available if I get around to it, but then again Skyrim is so shitty on PS3 that I don't know that I'll even bother.

I gotta agree with the consensus here though; the store is the ultimate suck, and how they stay alive when BB is in so much trouble I'll never understand. BB is infinitely better.[/QUOTE]

Not worth it to play but Skyrim PS3 would be a nice flip.

[quote name='rlse9']An HHGregg opened up in the mall here. I was excited, figured more competition is always good. But the geniuses who opened the store decided to put a store in the mall that you can't actually access from within the mall, only from the outside entrance. What's the point? Only thing I've ever bought there was a GPS on Black Friday. Looked at TVs there when we were looking for a new one but their prices were high and I just don't see why anyone would shop there instead of Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Funny they did the same thing in the mall of my home town. I guess HH Gregg does not want people walking through their store to access the mall. It's really strange.

[quote name='keithp']Just turn to them and give them a wink and a shush.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha

[quote name='Indiana']Funny they did the same thing in the mall of my home town. I guess HH Gregg does not want people walking through their store to access the mall. It's really strange.[/QUOTE]

You think you'd want the extra foot traffic to use as an opportunity to lure in customers with endcaps and displays.

Then again, my experience has always been that HHGregg left me annoyed. They're priced too high, their employees are directed to be as annoying as possible (ie., Circuit City x 10 annoying), and their selection was always dismal for whatever I was looking to buy.

So maybe the mall made them quarantine themselves off from the rest of the mall to protect innocents who might not know what they were getting into until they were already annoyed, frustrated, angry, or depressed by venturing into their store.

Well going to HHGregg was a waste of time. I've been there before and I remember seeing games like MvC3,Skyrim,GoW 3 but today the employees told me they never sold games at HHGregg :roll:. I was the only customer at the store I wonder how this store is still open. Oh and I've never seen so many employees just standing at the entrance waiting for a customer there were 8 employees and they all swarmed me to see if I needed any help.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Well going to HHGregg was a waste of time. I've been there before and I remember seeing games like MvC3,Skyrim,GoW 3 but today the employees told me they never sold games at HHGregg :roll:. I was the only customer at the store I wonder how this store is still open. Oh and I've never seen so many employees just standing at the entrance waiting for a customer there were 8 employees and they all swarmed me to see if I needed any help.[/QUOTE]

For some reason this reminds me of a bar full of guys and a hot girl walks in... :booty:

Called my local store (Ohio Valley Mall) hoping to snag Skyrim... They only had Epic Mickey 2 and Brink, both on clearance at $4.95. Obviously not worth the trouble in my case, but someone else may get lucky at a different store.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Just scored at my store.

Skyrim ps3
Skyrim 360 x3
LBP2
MVC3

$32[/QUOTE]

I just want MvC but struck out at one store last night. Any chance they had another or you're willing to part with it?

Well I made a mistake of stopping by a Ross to buy clothes before HHGregg opened to kill the 20 min wait. Spent more time then intended and someone beat me to it. He bought 10 outta the 13 games there. I did manage to get MvC3 and LP2. But the plastic seals were torn so he left behind I guess. Thanks for the tip though OP! Oh and If anyone could snag me a Skyrim for the 360 PM me, I'd pay cost and shipping plus some extra for your time.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I just want MvC but struck out at one store last night. Any chance they had another or you're willing to part with it?[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to part with it for my cost plus shipping if you want or a cheap trade...pm me.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I dont like this store the few times I went to it all the employees start following me and stand next to me even when i tell them I dont need any help. Im gonna have to swing by tommorow because $5 for Skyrim is crazy good.[/QUOTE]

Were you wearing your jacket with the big pockets?

Went to a bunch of stores in the Raleigh, NC area. Every one of them had games. Scored Skyrim, Dead Space 2, LBP2, AC: Brotherhood, MvC3, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Returns, Black Ops, and Mario Sports Mix for $4.95 each. I would not recommend going to any store but the Capital Blvd. store, the other three pretty much only have Brink left. Capital Blvd. has several copies of DS2, MvC3, Homefront, Brink, Fable III, Ridge Racer 3D, and a few others.

[quote name='joaryche']no games in Franklin, TN[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me the trouble, I was literally just about to drop everything I was doing before I spotted your post.

Me and a fellow local CAG checked out the Greensboro HHgregg

No games only accessories

Came on lunch break amped to get a cheap skyrim

Going back to work empty handed and hungry

hmmm... I'll check this Ft Lauderdale store later. I never wanted to get sucked in to skyrim, but for $5 i guess..

[quote name='joaryche']no games in Franklin, TN[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Thanks for saving me the trouble, I was literally just about to drop everything I was doing before I spotted your post.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, joaryche, I was going to try to check that one after work (although I feel like I checked it years ago when I think they stopped selling games before), so you saved me the trip. I wasn't expecting to have any luck anyway.

[quote name='Doomstink']Went to a bunch of stores in the Raleigh, NC area. Every one of them had games. Scored Skyrim, Dead Space 2, LBP2, AC: Brotherhood, MvC3, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Returns, Black Ops, and Mario Sports Mix for $4.95 each. I would not recommend going to any store but the Capital Blvd. store, the other three pretty much only have Brink left. Capital Blvd. has several copies of DS2, MvC3, Homefront, Brink, Fable III, Ridge Racer 3D, and a few others.[/QUOTE]

ooh. I will check the one at southpoint

update: nothing in Durham, not even a game section

Last edited by a moderator:
Snagged an PS3 AC:Brotherhood, PS3 Brink, and PS3 Medal of Honor Limited with bonus MoH:Frontline for 4.99 each! Thanks for the heads up OP

bread's done
Back