TEA PARTY furious that IRS targeted their groups for scrutiny

Finger_Shocker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
You mean the same group who so vocally protested against 9/11 Mosque, called all muslims possible terrorists, and support racial profiling, and Arizona pseudo-racial profiling law..

Now they are all pissed cause they were selectively targeted because of "their color in a sense"

Oh the farking irony...:roll:

Not a fan of the tea party, but it is messed up. Even our Moron-in-Chief said so.

I suppose you would be singing a different tune if they went after the bleeding heart lefties that you support/vote for?

[quote name='Calipso']Not a fan of the tea party, but it is messed up. Even our Moron-in-Chief said so.

I suppose you would be singing a different tune if they went after the bleeding heart lefties that you support/vote for?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about our current right wing president ?

Who knew the guy hates women rights just like the rest of the republicans

I am not going to condone what the IRS did BUT if you belong to a group that pisses and moans all the time about being taxed too much do not be surprised when the IRS gives you a hard time.

Why shouldn't the IRS look into non-profit organizations whose sole reason of being is to be active in the political process. No one knows where the money comes from, thanks to some sneaky underhand laws, but at least the IRS should audit them. It's just kinda whack that it's mainly the Tea Party, but they are the best examples of this activity.
It's just hilarious how people are whining about this now, when in the past few years, the Supreme Court and Congress, who are in the pocket of "job creators" have eroded the democratic process to a point that anybody with a giant sack of cash can easily buy off an election?

Man, it seems like just yesterday I was talking with a left-leaning individual who was explaining to me about how I should lie on my tax forms... and not too long ago where some of our left-leaning members were almost bragging about cheating on their taxes.

But yeah, focus on the right-wingers...

When did political affiliated organization ever qualified for Tax-exempt status...?

Is that not why churches should also be check out too cause I know they do alot of "back handed political preaching"

By the way Jesus fought against the gov't, today those same Christ lovers want to strengthen gov't to a theocracy fit for them.. How farking disgusting

Groups of people that complain about paying taxes, promote the view that (in some cases) we shouldn't even have to pay taxes, then when they apply for tax exempt status, gets targeted by the IRS. Gee what a fucking surprise. Leave it to the gubment to pick on people for no reason, amiright? Next thing you know, the police will start targeting people that mention committing crimes.

I find it hilarious that the various local offices couldn't find a single competent accountant that could tell them that PACs aren't exempt from taxes on the simple basis of being non-profit entities. It's like they're literally begging the IRS to do an audit on them. They probably figured they were "non-partisan" because they don't support any democrats and some republicans. For a group that dogmaticly harps on following the rule of law, they sure do like to bend it to the point of breaking them if they think it serves them.

Easy , it was wrong to only target these groups but these 501c s do skirt the law and are overwhelmingly right wing...

But let's pretend "both sides do it" means equal like always

But to be clear for the local numb nuts here, The IRS should be above partisan politics

It's really stupid that they're blaming Obama for the whole fiasco, when we should blame him for a lot of other stuff (but we don't since it ties in with defense). How soon we forget about Super PACs, and 501 c 4s. If you need a freakin' refresher on why these political action committees and their social welfare funders should be investigated, look no further than last year, when Stephen Colbert explained just about every reason why they are not to be trusted.
It's just disappointing that the IRS is bothering to do it now.
http://www.colbertnation.com/colbert-superpac

Not glad to hear this happen to anyone, though it is a bit ironic it happens to teabaggers. The conversation I DO hope this inspires is why we give political groups and churches tax exempt status at all.

[quote name='RealDeals']Not glad to hear this happen to anyone, though it is a bit ironic it happens to teabaggers. The conversation I DO hope this inspires is why we give political groups and churches tax exempt status at all.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Part of me is happy that the IRS took steps to look closely at 501 c 4s because it's an absolute farce. Then I'm all sadface when I realize they did it in about the worst imaginable way.

End 501c4. They do absolutely nothing of value anyway. Problem solved.

At the very least the donors shouldn't be allowed to donate anonymously. If you want to give money to an organization, you shouldn't be ashamed for everyone to know it. If you are ashamed, then maybe you shouldn't be giving that group money. If you think it might hurt your business if anyone finds out, again, maybe you shouldn't give them money.

It's all a bunch of bullshit designed to allow donors to exert influence on government without having to identify that they're doing it. So who knows what XYZ is donating money to, it could be something you don't agree with at all, but you'll never know about it.

bread's done
Back