* * * * - 5 votes

The Fandango Wrestling Thread

#421 Chase   $ CAGiversary!   7629 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Low-Ki has retired.

Wow, it really is 2013, isn't it?  I remember watching the three-way dance between he, Daniels, and Danielson in one of the first ROH shows. Ki and MVP would have made a great tag team if the E chose to really push them. It's a shame that WWE has only recently gotten their act together.

Edit: 

Found the match. Doesn't feel like 11 years ago.

http://www.dailymoti...rt#.UcyfFvmyCuk

#422 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

The first match I ever saw from ROH was Low-Ki vs. KENTA from Final Battle 2005.

http://v.youku.com/v...g0MjY2NzQw.html

It's still one of the most exciting, hard-hitting bouts I've EVER seen.

#423 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

That's a shame for his fans but if he's found better ways to spend his time then good for him.

Thanks for the match links.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Game of Thrones season 2
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#424 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4088 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

Pretty good show, although the Suicide stuff was really hit or miss. Great stuff with the KOs and the Aries reveal was fantastic.

Full thoughts -
http://jayreviewsthi...ct-6-27-13.html

Screens -
c64aab262606828.jpg

48a32f262602448.jpg

f713ef262604210.jpg

http://www.imagebam....ybdonnd1zl2q6yb

#425 Dr. Venkman   Body Piercer CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

I'm wondering if Low-Ki is considering a stint in MMA.

I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#426 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4088 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

Given that he's in his '30s now, I doubt it. He's also seemed like the type that liked to hit hard, but not be hit hard so it's probably not the right fit for him.

#427 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12241 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

So any long-time fan/watcher of TNA is supposed to believe 4.5 years ago when Suicide debuted b/c of the Midway TNA game it was Aries the whole time when Aries was contracted to RoH?????

Could be worse I guess, it could have been Hornswaggle.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#428 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

So any long-time fan/watcher of TNA is supposed to believe 4.5 years ago when Suicide debuted b/c of the Midway TNA game it was Aries the whole time when Aries was contracted to RoH?????

Could be worse I guess, it could have been Hornswaggle.

What?! No?!  :whee:

Aries attacked TJ Perkins (Suicide) early on in the show and stole the outfit. 

#429 TurnbuckleTees  

TurnbuckleTees

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

One of the wrestling shirt sites, I think it's turnbuckle tees does a lot of custom shirts. Their latest was the I'm A ____ Guy shirt. In other words, that was all on him for making and then wearing it.

I just want to establish, on behalf of TurnbuckleTees, we did not have anything to do with that Custom T-Shirt. 

No order of it's sort was placed with the shop. 

#430 Purple Flames   MC Sucka DJ CAGiversary!   5642 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Purple Flames

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

PWInsider is reporting that Matt Bourne (the original Doink the Clown), has passed away.

#431 Dr. Venkman   Body Piercer CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

PWInsider is reporting that Matt Bourne (the original Doink the Clown), has passed away.

Man, this bums me out. Bar far THE best person to portray that character. RIP.

I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#432 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   4606 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Vulcan2422

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

http://www.ewrestlin...iel-bryan-fined

Looks like we will never have our old WWF back. I'm wondering how much.

Just read about the real Doink (Matt Osborne) Real shame. He was the best and I met him a couple times, great guy as well.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#433 mitch079   It's an ILLUSION! CAGiversary!   7969 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing BEYOND: Two Souls
PS3

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

RIP Matt. 

mmitch079.jpgmmitch079.png

#434 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

Doink the Clown WWF debut ( with commentary by Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan)

https://www.youtube....h?v=XE0CAFySImQ

#435 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4088 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

"Our old WWF" led to a lot of needless injuries. I'm fine with WWE discouraging concussion any way they can...such as perhaps not putting FANDANGO, COMING OFF OF A CONCUSSION, IN A LADDER MATCH. Which seems like a really stupid thing to do unless he plays it super-safe which he likely won't do.

SD was pretty good at times, but had some questionable booking for characters.

http://jayreviewsthi...sd-6-28-13.html

#436 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Curt Hawkin's gift to the recently married Natalya and Tyson Kidd.

f7mK1c3.jpg

#437 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7908 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

Doink the Clown WWF debut ( with commentary by Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan)

https://www.youtube....h?v=XE0CAFySImQ

I don't think that's his overall debut but that entrance music gives me goosebumps.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#438 Purple Flames   MC Sucka DJ CAGiversary!   5642 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Purple Flames

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

I don't think that's his overall debut but that entrance music gives me goosebumps.

I remember the first time they ever showed Doink on-screen was an innocuous little shot of him walking around in the crowd during a match and I remember Vince on commentary saying "Hello there, Mr Clown."

It wasn't until subsequent appearances over the next few weeks that he start pulling heelish pranks on babyface wrestlers and people in the crowd, and then I remember Vince interviewed him for a promo, and finally that led up to his debut match.

#439 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   4606 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Vulcan2422

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

"Our old WWF" led to a lot of needless injuries. I'm fine with WWE discouraging concussion any way they can...such as perhaps not putting FANDANGO, COMING OFF OF A CONCUSSION, IN A LADDER MATCH. Which seems like a really stupid thing to do unless he plays it super-safe which he likely won't do.

I'd just like to see a difference between now and the attitude era with chair shots and see the differences. Yes, concussions are a serious thing now a days, but yet, every one of us has had one once in our life. Doesn't have to be huge but even a small one. I believe if you did a chair shot correctly and protected your self correctly, not a problem. But, I also liek how the Punt Kick and Pile Driver ate also banned. What's next on the list? Kofi KingstonsTrouble in Paradise? Thats caused quite a few concussions. It's going to become Saturday Morning Slam pretty soon where they switch angles when they hit the head. On a side note, local promotion in Orlando has Doink, Matt Striker, Head Bangers and Tomko wrestling. Doesn't say who however.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#440 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Concussions can ruin a person's life. It's not worth the risk for a wrestler losing his mind. That's harsh but that's exactly what happened with Chris Benoit.

How about 15 years from now Daniel Bryan ends up murdering Brie Bella and their son? 

#441 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   4606 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Vulcan2422

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Sure concussions might have done that to Beniot but those kind of people are few and far between. 

Vulcan7905.png

#442 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

Jake Roberts Relapses Pt. 3

#443 MushaOne   etc. and so forth... CAGiversary!   3628 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

Concussions can ruin a person's life. It's not worth the risk for a wrestler losing his mind. That's harsh but that's exactly what happened with Chris Benoit.

Na, that is just an excuse for Benoit lovers who cannot except the fact that he was a horrible person. Concussions are a serious injury, but they do not cause you to murder your family. There is as much facts to say that concussions made him do that as there are for the case that doing steroids made him do it. Its all just unproven nonsense.

#444 xilly   Snozberries?! CAGiversary!   1055 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

Na, that is just an excuse for Benoit lovers who cannot except the fact that he was a horrible person. Concussions are a serious injury, but they do not cause you to murder your family. There is as much facts to say that concussions made him do that as there are for the case that doing steroids made him do it. Its all just unproven nonsense.

Kinda like how you're speaking for what a "horrible person" he was, without being him or knowing what was going through his mind? I'm all for expressing your feelings, but don't be a hypocrite and think it's okay by taking pot shots at people who liked the guy or respected his work. You're not being clever, you're just being a dick.

Editor - Fatal Hero

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#445 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7088 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago   Has been playing WWE 2K15
XONE

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Kinda like how you're speaking for what a "horrible person" he was, without being him or knowing what was going through his mind? I'm all for expressing your feelings, but don't be a hypocrite and think it's okay by taking pot shots at people who liked the guy or respected his work. You're not being clever, you're just being a dick.

Truth.

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#446 Chase   $ CAGiversary!   7629 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

Addressing the topic a few posts above:

I like to think WWE made their ring style so safe/routine to protect their employ- Err- Contractors. Or, maybe, Vince wants to keep his contractors healthy so they can continue to make him money and not miss tours/dates.  Either or.

And there is a clip TNA uploaded where Hogan says that TJ Perkins has always been the Suicide character, and that Aries jumped him from behind and stole his costume. Just to clarify.

Please tell me I'll be seeing TJP in future PWG shows. :( If I eventually get around to attending one, it'll be one where he wrestles. Also: One with the Young Bucks. Also: Steen. Also: Super Smash Bros.

Also: Captured this maybe a week or two ago. Name that moment.

http://postimg.org/image/pmdkvq6o9/

#447 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

ROH.  Punk?  Not sure of the setting.

Eh, I'm probably wrong but it's the best I've got.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Game of Thrones season 2
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#448 Sonne   The U CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

Just got my IndieGoGo perk for the Scott Hall fund. It was oddly sad to see the autographed picture of him in his NWO heyday, and seeing him now. Put it back in the envelope and tucked it away...

#449 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12241 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

What?! No?! :whee:

Aries attacked TJ Perkins (Suicide) early on in the show and stole the outfit.

OK, sorry they didn't show that on YT.

I'd just like to see a difference between now and the attitude era with chair shots and see the differences. Yes, concussions are a serious thing now a days, but yet, every one of us has had one once in our life. Doesn't have to be huge but even a small one. I believe if you did a chair shot correctly and protected your self correctly, not a problem. But, I also liek how the Punt Kick and Pile Driver ate also banned. What's next on the list? Kofi KingstonsTrouble in Paradise? Thats caused quite a few concussions. It's going to become Saturday Morning Slam pretty soon where they switch angles when they hit the head. On a side note, local promotion in Orlando has Doink, Matt Striker, Head Bangers and Tomko wrestling. Doesn't say who however.

Is the punt kick actually banned or is he just not doing it because he's supposed to be a face right now?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#450 Ultimate Matt X   TheUMX CAGiversary!   2901 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Getting ready to head out to AIW tonight.  Derrick Bateman is making his AIW return and Dolph Ziggler's brother that just got cut is making his debut.  Some other pretty good matches on the card too, is anyone getting the iPPV?