(DEAD) Best Buy - DotD - Harry Potter Wizards's Collection $199.99

There should be a lot more in there for that price. Like a Sorting Hat, wand, or Golden Snitch. They can't honestly justify a $500 MSRP for it without even giving you the books...

I have never heard of this and yea...even I fully expected there to be a wand and all the books. A bit too pricey for me.

I think my biggest turn-off (aside from price) is the size. I really wanted to pick this up for the misses but then I saw this in Coscto and yikes: 19 pounds (dimensions: 12-3/4" x 10-9/1" x 11-1/4"). I don't care what kind of DVD/Blu collector you are, you won't find shelf space for this one - unless you keep your collection in the garage next to the tools...

I sold all my ultimates about a year ago, and Im deciding now I want to rebuy the collection.

This, Steels, or Ultimates again...hmmm

Just a heads-up, Warner has plans to put all of the discs included in a smaller packaging, and for a cheaper price obviously. No date has been mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out this Holiday.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just a heads-up, Warner has plans to put all of the discs included in a smaller packaging, and for a cheaper price obviously. No date has been mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out this Holiday.[/QUOTE]
A smaller package is very tempting, but "cheaper" is a relative term. I assume it will be cheaper than the $500 MSRP for the Wizard's Collection box, but will it be cheaper than the $199 DotD? I bet the MSRP will still be near $300.

Even the 15 disc Hitchcock collection has only been as low as $100 or so, and the HP set is double that number of discs.

I'm pulling the trigger now. I have a $100 promotional code that expires in a few weeks anyway, so I'm getting the set for $100 after that.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just a heads-up, Warner has plans to put all of the discs included in a smaller packaging, and for a cheaper price obviously. No date has been mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out this Holiday.[/QUOTE]

Source? Not that I don't believe you, but I'd like to read more about it.

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-p...ble-after-wizards-collection-sells-out-90449/

Of particular note during the interview was that of the limited 63,000 copies of the collection that will be sold around the world, only about 30,000 to 35,000 will be available for purchase in the United States.

Baker also confirmed that a "less robust, more cost-effective version" set of the eight-film Harry Potter series will become available from Warner Bros once all 63,000 sets of the 31-disc Harry Potter Wizard's Collection have been sold out.

$500 bucks for a box and a movie collection, eh? Think I'll skip this one. I get more enjoyment from hearing Stephen Fry read the novels to me. Dude's got amazing diction.

Yikes, I haven't been able to pull the trigger on the Bond set yet for $150, and that has way more movies in it than this set does.

[quote name='invincibleaggre']$500 bucks for a box and a movie collection, eh? Think I'll skip this one. I get more enjoyment from hearing Stephen Fry read the novels to me. Dude's got amazing diction.[/QUOTE]

Why are you quoting the $500 price as if that's what the price was. Make sense.

bread's done
Back