Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition: $100 w/free year of NFL Sunday Ticket

wasurenai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
About NFL Sunday Ticket: With NFL Sunday Ticket, fans will be able to enjoy every minute of every NFL game each Sunday afternoon throughout the entire 2013 regular season and get highlights delivered instantly from their computer, tablet, or mobile devices. Fans will also be able to catch every play inside the 20 yard line, all in one channel with DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel.

[quote name='coalminer']I don't know if this has been posted, but to clear up any more confusion, EA's director of marketing explicitly said that there is a unique code in each package which permits access to the online version of Sunday Ticket regardless of whether you're a customer of DirecTV or not.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for pointing this out! As a 49ers fan stuck in Patriot central I would be all over the Sunday Ticket offer. :applause:
If I read it correctly; if I do not have Direct TV I can view Sunday Ticket on the PS3, right?

[quote name='Kingmob46']Thank you for pointing this out! As a 49ers fan stuck in Patriot central I would be all over the Sunday Ticket offer. :applause:
If I read it correctly; if I do not have Direct TV I can view Sunday Ticket on the PS3, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='Kingmob46']Thank you for pointing this out! As a 49ers fan stuck in Patriot central I would be all over the Sunday Ticket offer. :applause:
If I read it correctly; if I do not have Direct TV I can view Sunday Ticket on the PS3, right?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Although they played just about all of the 49er games I wanted to watch last year. Now that they are good they get more airplay. Will be good to have though.

When does the game come out again? The DirecTV easy payment menthod starts charging for your Sunday Ticket in July (I think) so the voucher might not be of use or some other fine print gotcha. I need more details on how to redeem the voucher.

Wow, that is a pretty sweet deal. Unfortunately I am stuck near Falcons territory, and always have to suffer through their games on Sundays (can't stand the Falcons). It would be nice to catch more Saints and Panthers games...

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']When does the game come out again? The DirecTV easy payment menthod starts charging for your Sunday Ticket in July (I think) so the voucher might not be of use or some other fine print gotcha. I need more details on how to redeem the voucher.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I suspect more information on the voucher will become available when this anniversary edition becomes available for preorder.

The game is due out on August 27th.

For people who buy Madden anyway, this is a great deal. RedZone channel is nice, but DirectTV has their own Redzone channel, plus ALL the games. A no brainer for just the extra 40, really.

That sounds amazing but unless I missed it in the press release, it mentions the free year for new DirecTV subscribers and there is no specific mention of what the deal is if you already have DirecTV.

Here's something very important for people that aren't DirectTV subscribers to be aware of. This offer is only truly free if you live in an area that isn't covered by DirectTV. If you do live in an area they cover, then you'll need to also subscribe to their service in order to be able to get Sunday Ticket for free (although apparently at a $10/month discount for the first year).

I'm not saying it's a bad deal, I just want to make sure people realize this before they drop $100 on Madden and another $30-40 per month for service.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Nice deal really if you have DTV. Too bad its satellite only.[/QUOTE]

So this deal is not for PS3's version of sunday ticket? :(

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Here's something very important for people that aren't DirectTV subscribers to be aware of. This offer is only truly free if you live in an area that isn't covered by DirectTV. If you do live in an area they cover, then you'll need to also subscribe to their service in order to be able to get Sunday Ticket for free (although apparently at a $10/month discount for the first year).

I'm not saying it's a bad deal, I just want to make sure people realize this before they drop $100 on Madden and another $30-40 per month for service.[/QUOTE]

It seems a lot of people aren't reading the full terms. If you're not already a subscriber and you don't want to become a subscriber, you basically get nothing for free.

Are there even any areas in the continental US that don't have access to DirecTV?

I had NFL Sunday Ticket last year when for free when we got Direct TV hooked up, looks like Im going to get it again. Was just taking with the wife about renewing it anyway.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']So this deal is not for PS3's version of sunday ticket? :([/QUOTE]

oh i didnt even know about a PS3 edition of Sunday Ticket, i thought it was DTV exclusive.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It seems a lot of people aren't reading the full terms. If you're not already a subscriber and you don't want to become a subscriber, you basically get nothing for free.

Are there even any areas in the continental US that don't have access to DirecTV?[/QUOTE]
There has to be somewhere, but I have no idea where that would be. This same thing came up when they originally announced the Sunday Ticket app for the PS3. I remember, because when I first heard about the app I was excited about being able to buy Sunday Ticket without DirectTV (and was quickly disappointed).

Ya, I don't think everyone is really understanding this deal. With few exceptions, you have to switch to direct tv in order to get Sunday ticket. I am pretty sure in order to get ps3 only access to Sunday ticket you have to be somewhere you can't get direct tv- which is not many places.

Live in Ravens territory & have Red Zone, so not really any point for me to do this, but this is awesome for people who live outside their favorite teams viewing areas. Great deal if you can get it on PS3.

Wow at first I thought this was a steal but after reading it closely I do not think we are getting anything for free. So if you already have DirecTV you get nothing free because its only for new subscribers. Also they will lock you in for a 2 year agreement so you will be forced to pay for NFL Ticket next year. I'll wait til I can see the full details on this offer before biting on it.

I'm not seeing any fine print anywhere yet, but the author of the article calls it a "Trojan horse to get people to subscribe to DirecTV" in the comments. I'm a little concerned.

The fine print on that “free year of Sunday Ticket” deal, is that you are forced to pay for it the following year at full price because they lock your into an agreement.

Edit:
Samit Sarkar Reporter, Polygon
Update: It will be available for pre-order on Friday

The OP might wanna edit their post so people don't blindly purchase this without knowing the full details.

[quote name='caltab'] I am pretty sure in order to get ps3 only access to Sunday ticket you have to be somewhere you can't get direct tv- which is not many places.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if that is the case. I am not sure how long ago NFL Sunday Ticket was made available to the PS3 (I think a few years ago maybe 3 or 4) but i was always under the impression is was just for people who did not have Direct TV, not because of availability but say your a cable subscriber and you still want sunday ticket, well then you pay your 300 or 400 bucks through PS3 and you could get every game that way, basically taking away the monopoly on nfl sunday ticket that direct tv had.

I have Time warner and live in an apartment that does not allow a dish to be put anywhere so i am basically stuck with cable and for the past few years I have wanted so bad to get nfl ticket through my PS3 but the nfl actually charges MORE to get the ticket through ps3 then it does through direct. I believe its about 100 bucks more through the ps3 :(

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I am not sure if that is the case. I am not sure how long ago NFL Sunday Ticket was made available to the PS3 (I think a few years ago maybe 3 or 4) but i was always under the impression is was just for people who did not have Direct TV, not because of availability but say your a cable subscriber and you still want sunday ticket, well then you pay your 300 or 400 bucks through PS3 and you could get every game that way, basically taking away the monopoly on nfl sunday ticket that direct tv had.

I have Time warner and live in an apartment that does not allow a dish to be put anywhere so i am basically stuck with cable and for the past few years I have wanted so bad to get nfl ticket through my PS3 but the nfl actually charges MORE to get the ticket through ps3 then it does through direct. I believe its about 100 bucks more through the ps3 :([/QUOTE]

I can confirm you can buy NFL Ticket seperatly for your :ps3: as I bought it for last years season.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
Are there even any areas in the continental US that don't have access to DirecTV?[/QUOTE]

Lots of apartment and condo buildings, especially if your patio/windows face the wrong direction.

If they are going to force non-subscribers into a contract in order to get the full year of Sunday Ticket I'm pretty confused on what the value of the anniversary edition is. If that's a deal you get for free it makes this edition of Madden rather pointless. I just hope that somehow non-subscribers can still get a free year of Sunday Ticket to use on their PS3. Otherwise this deal is the most disappointing one I've seen.

[quote name='finsfan0210']The OP might wanna edit their post so people don't blindly purchase this without knowing the full details.[/QUOTE]

Done.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I am not sure if that is the case. I am not sure how long ago NFL Sunday Ticket was made available to the PS3 (I think a few years ago maybe 3 or 4) but i was always under the impression is was just for people who did not have Direct TV, not because of availability but say your a cable subscriber and you still want sunday ticket, well then you pay your 300 or 400 bucks through PS3 and you could get every game that way, basically taking away the monopoly on nfl sunday ticket that direct tv had.

I have Time warner and live in an apartment that does not allow a dish to be put anywhere so i am basically stuck with cable and for the past few years I have wanted so bad to get nfl ticket through my PS3 but the nfl actually charges MORE to get the ticket through ps3 then it does through direct. I believe its about 100 bucks more through the ps3 :([/QUOTE]

I guess I don't know, but the add that someone linked says:

PS3™ owners without access to DIRECTV will be able to live stream every out-of-market NFL football game this season in full HD.

I thought direct tv had sunday ticket to get subscribers. To me, offering it as a separate product wouldn't make sense with that goal in mind.

Also, I am pretty sure direct tv offers a free year of Sunday ticket to new subscribers in the summer every year, so this offer really isn't a deal at all.

[quote name='dillonfan28']OMG where do you guys live I am a patriot fan in southern California and all they show are raiders games....:drool:[/QUOTE]

Pats fan and I'm in middle of Jets/Giants country. :wall:Only good thing is I a lot of the Pats games anyways.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']What an incredible deal. I can't wait to pre-order this.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I'm in!

Hell yeah! Moving this summer and the strategy my wife used to get me to choose an apartment over a house was NBA League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket so we were switching to DirecTV this summer regardless! SCORE!

I'd imagine apartments/condos with restrictions and no line of sight would qualify for the ps3 version.

However, I recall reading somewhere last year that the ps3 version of sunday ticket had terrible resolution issues.

http://communityvoices.post-gazette.../34279-nfl-sunday-ticket-on-ps3-week-1-review
http://community.us.playstation.com...-Support/INFO-NFL-Sunday-Ticket/td-p/38299731

I'd be wary if you want the ps3 version. Those are just a couple links I found detailing all the issues they had last year. Main points I saw were low res (480) and can only watch single games (no 2/4/8 box gamecasts).

[quote name='Marauder7']Pats fan and I'm in middle of Jets/Giants country. :wall:Only good thing is I a lot of the Pats games anyways.[/QUOTE]

Bears fan and I'm in the middle of nowhere. A lot of people around here like a team called the "Cincinnati Bungles" or something like that.

I live in metro-west Boston about 30 minutes from Gillette stadium. It's not that I hate the patriots, it's just that as a kid, the 49ers were freaking awesome and the pats SUCKED. So the 49ers stuck.

I'm certainly going to wait for the details of this deal though. I may go Sunday ticket anyway. After 12 years of vomit inducing football the 9ers are certainly back and I want to see every game.

I remember seriously considering getting the PS3 version of Sunday Ticket, but then I heard that the PC only version is a better deal, because it didn't have the resolution issues that the PS3 version was having. I can't remember how much the PC version cost last year, but I was seriously considering it. Supposedly, you have to say that Direct TV is unavailable due to trees being in the way or whatever, but Direct TV wouldn't really check into whether that is really the case or not.

Got excited, but not after reading the terms posted here. Oh well. Though I'll admit I said to myself "Not this year anyways, maybe next year".. I always say that... then I always, ALWAYS watch the trailer. Goddamn it. They always, ALWAYS add something in that makes me go "Damn, that's new. I want that now".... fucking Madden -.-.....

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Non-subscribers only. Might want to re-edit the first post again too.[/QUOTE]

So wait, won't work with current subs? What the wha?

Great deal, OP! I signed up with DirecTV last year and got Sunday Ticket for free. My mom has been buying me Madden every year since it came out, so it looks like Sunday Ticket will only be $40 this year.

I was considering asking her to get me GTA V instead, but no longer.

The killer is that your are locked in to buy the sunday ticket the following year...and to try to get out of it after that will be a pain in arse based on personal experience. I can't count how many times I had to call to drop the service after I was charged for it over and over. I love DTV but the NFL ticket....another story.

DirecTV non-subscribers can sign up with a promo code for $10 off each month of service for their first year, as well as a free full-season subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket Max. As the higher of the two tiers of Sunday Ticket, Max usually costs $299.95 for the five-month NFL season; Max also enables access through the NFL Sunday Ticket app on PlayStation 3.

Non-subscribers who can't get DirecTV service will be entitled to a free trial of NFL Sunday Ticket for the full 2013 season — including the Red Zone Channel, which shows all plays within 20 yards of the end zone — that they can access on computers, tablets and mobile devices. Both the Red Zone Channel and non-TV access are usually confined to Sunday Ticket Max.
Just what I saw

bread's done
Back