Pre-order Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection for $49.99 with FS @ BBY and Amazon

chelosera91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
AMAZON
http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-So...3&keywords=metal+gear+solid+legacy+collection

BEST BUY
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Metal+Gear+Solid%3A+The+Legacy+Collection+-+PlayStation+3/8906051.p;jsessionid=00392B4CAB133D6E37987CD529087038.bbolsp-app01-157?id=1218944439829&skuId=8906051&st=metal%20gear%20solid%20legacy&lp=1&cp=1

To those who still can't get the MGS HD collection this collection releases on July 9 and includes 8 complete games.

EDIT: Added Best Buy link to those who want the points.

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid 1 (code)
Metal Gear Solid 2: HD edition
Metal Gear Solid 3: HD edition
Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy edition
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD edition
Metal Gear Solid: VR missions (code)
and 100 Page artbook

DONE. Pre-ordered. Thanks

Also looks like it will ALL be on disc and no Code vouchers. Very SMART move Konami. I wonder if this will be rare after some time or readily available like the other MGS Hd collection.

Also what is awesome is MGS is the last PSX game to be released on disc EVER in America. Pretty AWESOME!!!

Really good value here. I'd love to play all the MGS games again. I think the Legacy Collection is going to be readily available (not limited) so I'll grab it during a Black Friday sale. My backlog is just too big atm.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']DONE. Pre-ordered. Thanks

Also looks like it will ALL be on disc and no Code vouchers. Very SMART move Konami. I wonder if this will be rare after some time or readily available like the other MGS Hd collection.

Also what is awesome is MGS is the last PSX game to be released on disc EVER in America. Pretty AWESOME!!![/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? There were people in the comments section of the Playstation Blog (I know, comments on a blog aren't reliable sources) complaining about MGS1 and VR missions just being vouchers.

Preordering regardless for the extras even though I own all of these games in their original form and have the HD Collection. Looks like a pretty sweet package for a pretty good price.

MGS1 and MGS: VR Missions will be included as a code to download the digital version. Everything is NOT on the disc :(

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']DONE. Pre-ordered. Thanks

Also what is awesome is MGS is the last PSX game to be released on disc EVER in America. Pretty AWESOME!!![/QUOTE]

From the BestBuy.com product information page: "Also includes Metal Gear Solid 1 and Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions via included voucher codes"

[quote name='Croozer']Hoping Metal Gear Solid is the Twin Snakes version. That would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

It's not.

[quote name='gamechampion']I meant the artbook[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, are you sure that is only available if your pre-order? Wanted to wait rather than buy day one.

I was hoping to find something to use my $20 credit for trading in over $20 in game stuff a while and this is it. I haven't even opened my MGS 4 Limited Edition or my MGS HD collection but I just can't pass this up.

Great deal even though I already have the limited hd collection. Having all the games on disc plus the artbook. Sold again kojima

I have none of these games and just waiting for this even before it was known. Played them all though.
Time to put BBY certs to use.

soooo does this basically make the mgs collection for the ps3 worthless? I have the CE that i never even opened. Does this just have all that plus more? Is there any point in the HD collection at all?

Seriously, wtf is with sony and releasing worthless collections! D idnt they do this with the god of war collections? im pretty sure i have several redundant versions of that too.

Hmm... I have MGS (PS1), the HD Collection (PS3), and MGS4 already, so I shouldn't get this, right?

Are those VR Missions included in the first HD Collection?

[quote name='Kenshindono']soooo does this basically make the mgs collection for the ps3 worthless? I have the CE that i never even opened. Does this just have all that plus more? Is there any point in the HD collection at all?

Seriously, wtf is with sony and releasing worthless collections! D idnt they do this with the god of war collections? im pretty sure i have several redundant versions of that too.[/QUOTE]
xD

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Are you sure about this? There were people in the comments section of the Playstation Blog (I know, comments on a blog aren't reliable sources) complaining about MGS1 and VR missions just being vouchers.

Preordering regardless for the extras even though I own all of these games in their original form and have the HD Collection. Looks like a pretty sweet package for a pretty good price.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Gixxer']MGS1 and MGS: VR Missions will be included as a code to download the digital version. Everything is NOT on the disc :([/QUOTE]

FAIL. With sonys lame 2 console limit this is a big issue for me. Desirability just plummeted. I seriously hate dl codes with crap like this. Ill bet it friggin expires too. Screw you Sony.

*sigh* Ill wait for 20 bucks maybe. Is there any bonus for pre ordering? I think everything listed is just standard right? The artbook and junk i mean

[quote name='Kenshindono']FAIL. With sonys lame 2 console limit this is a big issue for me. Desirability just plummeted. I seriously hate dl codes with crap like this. Ill bet it friggin expires too. Screw you Sony.

*sigh* Ill wait for 20 bucks maybe. Is there any bonus for pre ordering? I think everything listed is just standard right? The artbook and junk i mean[/QUOTE]Or just don't buy it at all.

Preordered. Even I own these games multiple times just like everyone else, I'm really in it for 3 reasons. The artbook (going by the price, I'm assuming it's going to be a softcover), VR missions for download (hopefully vita compatible), and MGS2 DGN.

[quote name='Croozer']Hoping Metal Gear Solid is the Twin Snakes version. That would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

It's not. That is a nintendo GC thing.

Alright, was debating whether I should get this or not.. but screw it. I bought the MGS HD Collection about a month back but it's still sealed. Time to unload it and buy this instead. Thanks OP!

shame to admit but I have never play a single game from the MGS series. Is it really good to pick up and play through the entire series? You know some older games even after remastered dont look that good and exciting to play

I remember giving up on the PS1 game years ago for whatever reason. So other than this collection, what is left? Portable Ops and MG Rising?

I'm probably in a "worse" situation than most in that the only game out of all of those included in this Legacy Collection that I don't already own is Peace Walker HD...and technically VR Missions. I'm not really counting Metal Gears 1&2.

I have the original MGS from the Essential Collection on :ps2:, which also contains MGS2&3. I own MGS4, and I even have the HD Collection for Vita. I'm really not sure if this collection is for me. From what I've heard, The Phantom Pain will be integrating some aspects of Peace Walker, which could mean that I might miss out on the full MGS experience if I don't play PW. But should I really get this collection just to play that one game, or would it be better to look for the HD Collection on consoles to play it? Is it even worth the effort?

[quote name='cheapwick']I remember giving up on the PS1 game years ago for whatever reason. So other than this collection, what is left? Portable Ops and MG Rising?[/QUOTE]
The acid games

[quote name='Vigilante']ita. I'm really not sure if this collection is for me. From what I've heard, The Phantom Pain will be integrating some aspects of Peace Walker, which could mean that I might miss out on the full MGS experience if I don't play PW. But should I really get this collection just to play that one game, or would it be better to look for the HD Collection on consoles to play it? Is it even worth the effort?[/QUOTE]
It involves at least 3 characters from peace walker so you might miss something

[quote name='GUNNM']
It involves at least 3 characters from peace walker so you might miss something[/QUOTE]That's not what I wanted to hear... :wall:

I was really excited about this until I read that MGS1 and VR Missions were DLC codes. No point for me to buy it personally. Already have the disc-based games on disc anyway from other releases. Funny thing is that I would probably pay 49.99 for PS3 releases of MGS1 and VR Missions on disc.

[quote name='red_devil32']shame to admit but I have never play a single game from the MGS series. Is it really good to pick up and play through the entire series? You know some older games even after remastered dont look that good and exciting to play[/QUOTE]

It's too bad Nintendo has the rights to the Twin Snakes remake of Metal Gear Solid. They re-did all the voice acting along with the soundtrack. The game also re-hauled the controls and upgraded the graphics to MGS2 standards.

MGS/VR controls haven't quite aged well, but the PSX version of MGS is still a classic.

Even for a newcomer, you'd be missing out if you do not play the original. MGS3 is also another huge game you have to play if you actually want to understand the storyline.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm probably in a "worse" situation than most in that the only game out of all of those included in this Legacy Collection that I don't already own is Peace Walker HD...and technically VR Missions. I'm not really counting Metal Gears 1&2.

I have the original MGS from the Essential Collection on :ps2:, which also contains MGS2&3. I own MGS4, and I even have the HD Collection for Vita. I'm really not sure if this collection is for me. From what I've heard, The Phantom Pain will be integrating some aspects of Peace Walker, which could mean that I might miss out on the full MGS experience if I don't play PW. But should I really get this collection just to play that one game, or would it be better to look for the HD Collection on consoles to play it? Is it even worth the effort?[/QUOTE]
My friend, you have to get it or... YOUR NOT A MGS FAN trololololol.

Nah but really, I'm in the same boat. I pretty much own every MGS collection that has been released, even imported the MGS premium package. So it's sad to say the only one that I stupidly missed was the first edition of MGS HD Collection. So now I'm paying my sins by buying this lol.

Honestly this edition would probably only be perfect for someone that didn't get the previous HD Collection. Not to mention, the PS4 isn't compatible with any of the PS3 PSN content right? So get ready for a PS4 -ready- edition in the near future.

[quote name='Vigilante']That's not what I wanted to hear... :wall:[/QUOTE]
Just look for disc 2 of the HD collection.

[quote name='GUNNM']Just look for disc 2 of the HD collection.[/QUOTE]
Any recommendations on how I can do that? eBay doesn't have any good results.

[quote name='red_devil32']shame to admit but I have never play a single game from the MGS series. Is it really good to pick up and play through the entire series? You know some older games even after remastered dont look that good and exciting to play[/QUOTE]

Of course. You must also wash your feet before you play the holiness that is Metal Gear.

mgs3 is an absolute masterpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to my original set of questions: Do you guys think I should sell MGS4 and just get this set anyway (despite owning MGS2&3 on both :ps2: and Vita)? It looks like such a cool collection, and the price really is attractive...

Awesome, I've literally been checking amazon every day for the pre order. And then I see here on CAG.

I've only played MGS1 and 2, so this should be a great package for me.

[quote name='Vigilante']To add to my original set of questions: Do you guys think I should sell MGS4 and just get this set anyway (despite owning MGS2&3 on both :ps2: and Vita)? It looks like such a cool collection, and the price really is attractive...[/QUOTE]
Yes

Glad I didn't open my HD collection. Hopefully it's MGS3 Subsistence so you also get the originals.

God how many times is Konami going re-release Metal Gear? I'm only interested in the artbook and the digital graphic novels on Blu Ray but that isn't worth $50. Also if this isn't coming to Xbox they should have included the extras they cut out of the original HD collection (Snake vs Monkey, Boss Rush, Monkey Mask, Banana Camo and the Secret Theater.)

op says july 9th release .. best buy says june 18th release and target and gamestop have no listing for it whatsoever ... so you might be lucky if it comes out before labor day ie(early sept.. ) for anyone not from us or canada

i mean as bad as you all make gamestop out to be there preorder lists and release dates are generally spot on and for them not to even have it listed is troubling especially with so many release dates flying around

[quote name='teknobeavr']op says july 9th release .. best buy says june 18th release and target and gamestop have no listing for it whatsoever ... so you might be lucky if it comes out before labor day ie(early sept.. ) for anyone not from us or canada

i mean as bad as you all make gamestop out to be there preorder lists and release dates are generally spot on and for them not to even have it listed is troubling especially with so many release dates flying around[/QUOTE]

It's not retailer exclusive is it? Maybe it'll only be available at Amazon & BB.

bread's done
Back