Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D + Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels $35 via BB

finsfan0210

CAGiversary!
Feedback
199 (100%)
If you preorder :3ds:Donkey Kong Country Returns for $34.99 at Bestbuy.com you get a download code for Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels. Seems like this is only gonna be for preorders. The game launches on May 24th.

EDIT: It is in the 5/26 Sunday BB Ad and it states that you receive The Lost Levels with purchase so there is no need to preorder. If you wait til Sunday you can pricematch Kmart's $29.99 price and also receive the The Lost Levels with your purchase.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Donkey+Kong+Country+Returns+3D

Kmart Ad 5/26

Best Buy Ad 5/26

Last edited by a moderator:
^You can always cancel that preorder if you want. It's quick and painless to cancel Newegg preorders, provided they haven't shipped already.

Nice deal, but I'd rather save $7 plus tax than get the Lost Levels. I remember that game not being very fun when I had Super Mario All Stars on my SNES.

[quote name='ImpactPlayer']Nice deal, but I'd rather save $7 plus tax than get the Lost Levels. I remember that game not being very fun when I had Super Mario All Stars on my SNES.[/QUOTE]

It's not supposed to be fun, it's hard as hell :lol:

[quote name='umbry']This sucks since I already pre ordered this from newegg for $28[/QUOTE]

The game has a value of $5, I believe, so you're still ahead.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I'd rather have the $28 deal on newegg but it's dead isn't it? I missed it. :([/QUOTE]

The newegg deal has been dead for a while.

So glad I have my newegg preorders for DKC and Shin Megami IV. Those both sold out pretty quick. This is a good deal for those who missed out on the Newegg preorder though.

Apparently Kmart gives you $15 in SYWR if you Pre-Order. I have never ordered a game from Kmart before but I checked my account and I had $9.11 in points so I ended up paying $27.95 plus I get $15 in points. You may want to check you SYWR max account to see if you have some of those free points they give out from time to time. Just thought I'd give other CAGs an alternative.

Looks like I'm going to go with Best Buy so I can burn up some gift cards from Christmas. K-Mart might have the best deal but the service is so horrible at my local K-Mart its not even worth it.

So many tempting deals keep popping up. Debated cancelling my Amazon preorder for this until it was said to be a $5 value for the lost levels.

I had a Newegg preorder, but cancelled since I got in on that Amazon trade deal some weeks ago. Turn $10 into enough for it with $8 left over.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Preorder at Bb. Get the code and use it. And return the game back to Bb.[/QUOTE]

Thieves like you are why we can't get nice things.

[quote name='Liquid Metal']Thieves like you are why we can't get nice things.[/QUOTE]

Truth! Only sad and pathetic people would do what that guy said. Sad, lonely men who hug themselves and cry in the shower. ;)

[quote name='SuperMario64']Kmart has the best deal so far. I'll probably go with them.[/QUOTE]

What is the Kmart deal? I want to get this game and there is a kmart near me, what is their promotion?

[quote name='lakerfanalways']What is the Kmart deal? I want to get this game and there is a kmart near me, what is their promotion?[/QUOTE]

I believe you get $15 in rewards for preordering. The rewards have some stipulations attached to them, if you're unfamiliar with KMart promotions.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Preorder at Bb. Get the code and use it. And return the game back to Bb.[/QUOTE]

Yea I think you should keep that shit to yourself and not commit fraud.

[quote name='stewie75']a lot of reviews have already gone up, check out metacritic if you're on the fence. most seem to be positive.[/QUOTE]

It's a solid game, not amazing, but without a doubt fun if you really love Platformers.

[quote name='admiralvic']It's a solid game, not amazing, but without a doubt fun if you really love Platformers.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it apparently runs at half the framerate of the Wii version and the graphics are also not close to that version. It seems like 3DS hardware is really not capable of rendering this game at the level of the Wii.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Unfortunately it apparently runs at half the framerate of the Wii version and the graphics are also not close to that version. It seems like 3DS hardware is really not capable of rendering this game at the level of the Wii.[/QUOTE]

are you serious? its a handheld. of course it doesnt have the graphics of a console. its somewhere between a gamecube and wii but a bit closer to the wii.

[quote name='schweaty']are you serious? its a handheld. of course it doesnt have the graphics of a console. its somewhere between a gamecube and wii but a bit closer to the wii.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the 3DS isn't exactly a powerhouse of a system... despite that, I am having fun playing it. -shrugs-

[quote name='schweaty']are you serious? its a handheld. of course it doesnt have the graphics of a console. its somewhere between a gamecube and wii but a bit closer to the wii.[/QUOTE]

..but the Gamecube is a console, and you are saying it is more powerful than that..

[quote name='chimpmeister']Unfortunately it apparently runs at half the framerate of the Wii version and the graphics are also not close to that version. It seems like 3DS hardware is really not capable of rendering this game at the level of the Wii.[/QUOTE]

But it's amazing compared to Donkey Kong Country on SNES and GBC! :roll:

looks like the kmart bonus is over too. i just went there and all they were offering was 10,000 SYWR pts ($10) for a $60 electronics and gaming purchase. unless that was the deal, but i dont see how you get $15 in rewards out of that

[quote name='schweaty']looks like the kmart bonus is over too. i just went there and all they were offering was 10,000 SYWR pts ($10) for a $60 electronics and gaming purchase. unless that was the deal, but i dont see how you get $15 in rewards out of that[/QUOTE]

Its still there on this page -
http://www.kmart.com/gaming-preorders/dap-120000000234646

Dont know why its not on the actual product page. Kmarts kinda weird like that with their promotions ever since Josh left. Just screencap everything to be safe

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... the Kmart pre-order is closed too. That's strike 2 for me after i missed the newegg deal

Are you sure? You need to be a member to get the points. Even if its not in the confirmation email, the points should post to your account a day or two after the item ships. I ordered some hose nozzles (he he) that came with bonus points a few weeks ago and eventhough nothing was in the confirmation email, the points posted after I did the store pick up.

[quote name='schweaty']Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... the Kmart pre-order is closed too. That's strike 2 for me after i missed the newegg deal[/QUOTE]

Guess I lucked out then. I pre-ordered a copy right before it changed to "coming soon"

[quote name='dchrisd']Are you sure? You need to be a member to get the points. Even if its not in the confirmation email, the points should post to your account a day or two after the item ships. I ordered some hose nozzles (he he) that came with bonus points a few weeks ago and eventhough nothing was in the confirmation email, the points posted after I did the store pick up.[/QUOTE]

Moot point, preorders are seemingly closed now.

yeah... it wont let you check out the pre-order. it says its out of stock. i got on customer service chat and they said it was limited quantities available and they are all taken. the product page even says temporarily unavailable.

Well KMart will have the game for only $29.99 the Sunday after the game comes out so if thats any consolation :|

Just PM them that sunday and get both if the deal with the free mario 3DS game still lasts

[quote name='cubeenigma']Well KMart will have the game for only $29.99 the Sunday after the game comes out so if thats any consolation :|

Just PM them that sunday and get both if the deal with the free mario 3DS game still lasts[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for that ad price?

[quote name='SuperMario64']Kmart has the best deal so far. I'll probably go with them.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone here really say they would trust kmart with preorders? They are supposed to keep track of who ordered then sell it to them when the time comes. They can't even do that with their regular stock of items.

I held off on DKC preorder because I fear the frame rate is going to be a mess and that's a no no for a platformer

[quote name='JiveT']I held off on DKC preorder because I fear the frame rate is going to be a mess and that's a no no for a platformer[/QUOTE]

It never bothered me if it makes a difference.

Any word about this preorder-extra been offered to in-store preorders?

I'm in Puerto Rico, and while there are Best Buy stores, the deal of the days and stuff usually applies in here, the site doesn't allow for in-store pick up (and neither to order and have it shipped to my home).

[quote name='JiveT']I held off on DKC preorder because I fear the frame rate is going to be a mess and that's a no no for a platformer[/QUOTE]

The reviews seem to indicate that it's a complete non-issue.

Hey listen. You are going to make yourself quite an ass and lose a lot of karma over a $5 value.

I prefer this BB deal the most. Someone tell me, if I pre-order the game online can I do an "in store pick up" for Friday/Saturday?

bread's done
Back