Diablo III Standard Edition (PC) ~ $34.99 @ Newegg

Despite all the hate people had (and I had) for D3, I still think I put in 200+ hours into it.

Granted nothing beats that Toys R US Deal for $10. Too bad we don't all have a time machine.

I saw this on Twitter and actually thought this was a nuts price for a PS3 preorder. Talk about wishful reading.

[quote name='gantt']Given all the hate, I'm surprised the price has held up so well.[/QUOTE]

A game that sells millions will inevitably have a larger group of detractors. See also: Call of Duty.

It was a slight disappointment but it's definitely worth 35 bucks.

[quote name='Olengie']Thought it was the PS3 Version. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Would be an amazing deal if it was a preorder for the PS3 version. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='emperordahc']I saw this on Twitter and actually thought this was a nuts price for a PS3 preorder. Talk about wishful reading.[/QUOTE]

Clearly I need to update the thread title:mrgreen:

The biggest problem in the game is that 99% of all my gear progression comes from the auction house. The drops are nearly all trash. The rare instances they aren't, it's an item with stats useful not to you, but someone else. (which you in turn sell for gold with which to use in getting something you actually want) Not very exciting.

Its a great game IMO. I had no expectations when I started it and I got pretty hooked. I think I'm around 300 hours of play time on it, though I don't play anymore.

[quote name='gantt']Given all the hate, I'm surprised the price has held up so well.[/QUOTE]

Blizzard games historically keep higher price points longer.

[quote name='Thrinn']http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/25/diablo-3-on-ps3-and-ps4-will-allow-offline-play/[/QUOTE]

While welcome news for console owners that honestly makes me hate them even more. That is like a big middle finger to all of the PC owners that helped build blizzard. Let's not forget, that blizzard empire was built on the back of PC owners. We are the ones taht supported Warcraft I, II, III and WOW. We are the ones that supported Diablo I and II, Starcraft I, II and HOTS. I own all of those games myself sans HOTS -- I have not purchased Diablo III or HOTS. I do not plan to either.

Yet, we get that always online DRM where you cannot even play SINGLE PLAYER when the blizzard servers are down. Yet, console owners will get to. :roll:

I was a pretty big fan of this game until the recent gold cloning fiasco that resulted from the latest patch. Not content with just banning those who duped gold, Blizzard also banned people who bought and sold gems in the AH to take advantage of the historically high prices.

So essentially they can decide after the fact what entails a bannable offense and make worthless your purchase of the game in addition to the loss of countless hours of time you put into your characters. And all as the result of shoddy coding and QA on their part. It's really hard to support a company that does business like that imo.

[quote name='jthieme']I was a pretty big fan of this game until the recent gold cloning fiasco that resulted from the latest patch. Not content with just banning those who duped gold, Blizzard also banned people who bought and sold gems in the AH to take advantage of the historically high prices.

So essentially they can decide after the fact what entails a bannable offense and make worthless your purchase of the game in addition to the loss of countless hours of time you put into your characters. And all as the result of shoddy coding and QA on their part. It's really hard to support a company that does business like that imo.[/QUOTE]

Not ever buying it on PC, PS4 or nextbox

[quote name='avwjase']While welcome news for console owners that honestly makes me hate them even more. That is like a big middle finger to all of the PC owners that helped build blizzard. Let's not forget, that blizzard empire was built on the back of PC owners. We are the ones taht supported Warcraft I, II, III and WOW. We are the ones that supported Diablo I and II, Starcraft I, II and HOTS. I own all of those games myself sans HOTS -- I have not purchased Diablo III or HOTS. I do not plan to either.

Yet, we get that always online DRM where you cannot even play SINGLE PLAYER when the blizzard servers are down. Yet, console owners will get to. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I think if Blizzard just flat out adimtted they are scared of PC torrenting, the audience would feel better. Instead they make up all kinds of excuses for it.

Same with SimCity. What's so shameful about admitting their measures are a desperate defense against piracy?

[quote name='SynGamer']Waiting for $20 or less.[/QUOTE]
That's about the price I should have waited before buying. I got the game around release and got about 2 playthroughs done. After the first time it felt like a chore to finish it the second time. I haven't played since about June last year.

I have tried a couple hours of Marvel Heroes, it has something like a designer from Diablo 2 on the team. The game plays similar to Diablo 3 control-wise. I've enjoyed the game so far, it has PvP, larger on-screen player counts, and the my favorite feature, it's F2P.

[quote name='Mooby']Just get Torchlight 2 for $5ish during a sale.[/QUOTE]

I have the first game, not bad. The problem is I like the setting/lore of Diablo, so naturally I want Diablo 3...

[quote name='usagi']That's about the price I should have waited before buying. I got the game around release and got about 2 playthroughs done. After the first time it felt like a chore to finish it the second time. I haven't played since about June last year.

I have tried a couple hours of Marvel Heroes, it has something like a designer from Diablo 2 on the team. The game plays similar to Diablo 3 control-wise. I've enjoyed the game so far, it has PvP, larger on-screen player counts, and the my favorite feature, it's F2P.[/QUOTE]

I was going to try Marvel Heroes but lost interest as soon as I saw the beta was available only during certain hours. $20 seems like a good price for Diablo 3, so we'll see.

[quote name='SynGamer']
I was going to try Marvel Heroes but lost interest as soon as I saw the beta was available only during certain hours. $20 seems like a good price for Diablo 3, so we'll see.[/QUOTE]
Well you don't need to wait too long for the release of Marvel Heroes. It releases in a couple weeks, June 4th.

[quote name='SynGamer']I have the first game, not bad. The problem is I like the setting/lore of Diablo, so naturally I want Diablo 3...[/QUOTE]

On the outside chance that you haven't heard of Path of Exile, you should really give it a try. It may not have Diablo's lore but IMO it's still the best Diablo 2 clone available. It's free to play with almost all the paid content being limited to cosmetic things.

bread's done
Back