[DEAD] Skylanders Giants Starter Kit $24.99 (after $10 off coupon)

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
:360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii:
Wii_U_platform_icon.png

Skylanders Giants $34.99
Thru May 25th at Toys R Us

$10 off coupon via McDonald's:
http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/downloads/12ACT117_SG_McD_Coupon_Final.pdf

These coupons were also in recent Happy Meal toys too, as well as in various Disney publications such as Disney Jr. magazine and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Liquid Metal']is this a legit coupon?[/QUOTE]

Should be. The barcode is identical to the one that was included in the Happy Meals and is hosted on happymeal.com

Only the 360 and Wii U version is showing up as discounted at the moment. Hopefully the others show up discounted before I forget to pay attention, my two year old is SUPER into those figures whenever we go to the store. I wonder if I do an instore pickup if I'll have any issue with getting them to do a return/rebuy to use that coupon?

[quote name='krizko']Did you print the coupon or use the image on a mobile device?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get it to show up on my phone so I ended up printing it out. Guy looked at it for a bit but ended up taking it. Good luck to everyone.

So my store asked for a printed copy of the coupon, because they need to mail it in to be refunded for it. I thought about bringing in a stack and tacking one to each copy of the starter set they had.

Thanks OP. Happened to still have the original coupon so used it on the WiiU set.

Then grabbed some of the Giant figures: S-Ninjinji, T-back, H-head and Eyebrawl. And FYI, the store was holding all these figures behind the counter so as to limit the hoarding

I did an online pickup order last night just to make sure I got a copy and they didn't have any problem doing an adjustment with the coupon. Well other than the trouble the system gave them trying to pull my order up. It was a printed one from the happy meal website and they didn't even look at it so I'm assuming they've seen a lot of these by now.

The store (Roseville, MI) had like 10-12 Scarlet Ninjini and were behind the counter as well. Picked up Thumpback for the B1G1 60% sale and was glad I didn't wait since they only had two of the various giants other than Swarm. Also ordered Flashwing for $6, Lightcore Prism Break for $7 and Lightcore Drobot for $6 on BBY.com if anyone is looking for those. Worked out to be about a dollar more for the three than getting two normal ones at TRU.

Edit- I missed that Target is doing B2G1 on them which is slightly better per figure average than TRU with their higher prices. I think the store down the road had a Granite Crusher still when I was there the other day so I might go check that out.

So my store asked for a printed copy of the coupon, because they need to mail it in to be refunded for it. I thought about bringing in a stack and tacking one to each copy of the starter set they had.

That's not entirely unreasonable of them since they just want to get reimbursed by Activision for the discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally did it and jumped on this deal. The print out of the coupon worked, although the guy was a little skeptical at first.

All the parents there were telling me it's my biggest mistake ever. I must have looked like a deer in headlights looking at how many figures there are because the employee came and helped me find some of the hard-to-find figures.

Ended up getting Eye-Brawl and a triple pack with Pop Fizz, Trigger Happy, and Whirlwind. The Ninjinji figure is out of stock, and the guy explained its the hardest figure to find in the store. He also recommend Thumpback, but I left him behind.

If anyone can recommend some rare figures to look for, it'll be great. Want my son to start off strong in his collection!

[quote name='Manifest95']If anyone can recommend some rare figures to look for, it'll be great. Want my son to start off strong in his collection![/QUOTE]

Thumpback is my favorite giant, Chop Chop and Trigger Happy my favorite regular figures. (They're in both Series 1 and 2 flavors.)

[quote name='emperordahc']Thumpback is my favorite giant, Chop Chop and Trigger Happy my favorite regular figures. (They're in both Series 1 and 2 flavors.)[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

Might run back after work because there was only one more Thumpback left. And I definitely know I saw the name Chop Chop but not sure if it was a single figure or a triple pack.

I found a thread dedicated to Skylanders, so I'm going to take this convo over there and see what else I can find in my store that is worth buying. Thanks again!

[quote name='Manifest95']Ended up getting Eye-Brawl and a triple pack with Pop Fizz, Trigger Happy, and Whirlwind. The Ninjinji figure is out of stock, and the guy explained its the hardest figure to find in the store. He also recommend Thumpback, but I left him behind.

If anyone can recommend some rare figures to look for, it'll be great. Want my son to start off strong in his collection![/QUOTE]

I'm new to this too but this is what I've figured out so far. The regular Ninjini is super rare and it looks like unlike most of them they just haven't shipped anymore since it came out. TRU and Target around here have a bunch of the Scarlet version at least, though I still like the purple one better. As far as rare ones go it seems like it's really just going to be a matter of lucking across a store that still has an exclusive stashed in some corner since everything else is long cleared out by now.

Gonna check out Target in a few for three packs and hope it pieces out the receipt like when they do other B2G1 sales and adjusts the price of each item so you can return individual pieces. I want the Ignitor/Chill/Zook pack and maybe the Pop Fizz/Whirlwhind/Trigger Happy packs but there's definitely not a third pack I want.

I have the best Best Buy ever. I was able to get the starter pack price matched, and then the associate let me use the $10 Happy Meal coupon on top of it. Just started punching in the numbers; didn't decline at first or try to talk me out of it. Thanks OP!

Thanks for the print out of coupon. I was able to get the Giants Starter Pack Xbox 360 for $24.99. Also got the Ninjini and Crusher.

I am guessing they will ship more Ninjini, my area has a ton of thumpback and eye brawl, TRU charges $15.99 per giant, you can get them for a lot less elsewhere. Best Buy has many of the giants for 12.99 each now. I am betting at some point Ninjini will be flooding stores, just like eye brawl and thumpback are now.

I don't see a problem with this series, you don't HAVE to buy all the figures to finish the game, you need 9 figures one of each element, and for the Giants the one in the starter pack will do just fine, you don't have to buy any more giants,so that's 10 figures. Parents just can't tell their kids no.

I did buy a Thumpback, I like fish and sea critters in general so naturally I like Thumpback, I would like to find a wham shell, as I have a big collection of crab related items and he is a crab, although he is a rare one and he doesn't look that much like a crab so I am not dying to have him or anything like that.

Thanks OP! Went by TRU today after work and picked up the :360: Starter Pack with no problems. I have one of each of the elements from the original game. From reading in this thread and from other places on the net you don't "need" to buy another Giant figure, is this the case? Will one Giant figure in particular make the game a lot easier?

Can I use this coupon on just the figures as I already have the starter pack?
NM – I read the fine print. Just my luck – should have waited to purchase this.

[quote name='LordVila']Thanks OP! Went by TRU today after work and picked up the :360: Starter Pack with no problems. I have one of each of the elements from the original game. From reading in this thread and from other places on the net you don't "need" to buy another Giant figure, is this the case? Will one Giant figure in particular make the game a lot easier?[/QUOTE]

Waiting until my daughter's back from her mothers to open it but from all the videos I've watched trying to decide on which characters to buy it seems like they're just any other character but innately stronger and slower generally. And have bigger more detailed models that light up. It looks like you can play the game perfectly well with any of the characters if you don't like the giants.

[quote name='LordVila']Thanks OP! Went by TRU today after work and picked up the :360: Starter Pack with no problems. I have one of each of the elements from the original game. From reading in this thread and from other places on the net you don't "need" to buy another Giant figure, is this the case? Will one Giant figure in particular make the game a lot easier?[/QUOTE]

You just need one of the Giant "Giant" sized characters to open certain gates and do certain "Feats of Strength" challenges in the game. The larger sized guys are pretty much worthless other than that as far as gameplay goes. They are way to slow moving to make the levels any fun.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Waiting until my daughter's back from her mothers to open it but from all the videos I've watched trying to decide on which characters to buy it seems like they're just any other character but innately stronger and slower generally. And have bigger more detailed models that light up. It looks like you can play the game perfectly well with any of the characters if you don't like the giants.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ajh2298']You just need one of the Giant "Giant" sized characters to open certain gates and do certain "Feats of Strength" challenges in the game. The larger sized guys are pretty much worthless other than that as far as gameplay goes. They are way to slow moving to make the levels any fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information guys! Looks like I can avoid having to buy any more figures.

Yes you only need one giant to play the game, so 10 figures minimum if you want to play both games. Keep in mind the sales at best buy, some figures are only 5.99 .I don't know how swap force will change this formula but if I need a ton of extra figures to unlock the whole game I will not be buying it.

Also you can use the light cores on the original spyro game as well, despite what the package says. But if its a figure that doesn't work in the original game like shroomboom you won't be able to use its lightcore version in the spyro game. But lightcore prism break, lightcore Drobot and lightcore eruptor all work in both games.

For those that have used the coupon, are you just printing out the full page since it shows the front and back of the coupon and taking it in? Or are you just printing, cutting out and taking in the back of the coupon that has the UPC code?

[quote name='ewiz06']For those that have used the coupon, are you just printing out the full page since it shows the front and back of the coupon and taking it in? Or are you just printing, cutting out and taking in the back of the coupon that has the UPC code?[/QUOTE]

Would like this answered as well please.

[quote name='Liquid Metal']Would like this answered as well please.[/QUOTE]

I just handed them the whole page without cutting out anything. The associate looked at it and recognized it as the McDonalds coupon.

[quote name='ubdu']I have the best Best Buy ever. I was able to get the starter pack price matched, and then the associate let me use the $10 Happy Meal coupon on top of it. Just started punching in the numbers; didn't decline at first or try to talk me out of it. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

It's a manufacture's coupon there for it will stack with everything as the retailer gets their money back plus a cent or so. This also means that the store needs the coupon. Also if activison (or whoever) doesnt accept this print of the coupon TRUS wil be out the money.

[quote name='SaraAB']I am guessing they will ship more Ninjini, my area has a ton of thumpback and eye brawl, TRU charges $15.99 per giant, you can get them for a lot less elsewhere. Best Buy has many of the giants for 12.99 each now. I am betting at some point Ninjini will be flooding stores, just like eye brawl and thumpback are now.[/QUOTE]

You sir/madame, are looking correct as Target is showing vanilla Ninjini as "in stock" where she was completely out of stock at local stores a few days ago.

Sad face, opened the starter pack today and my Tree Rex is only half functional; his eyes light up but not his arm. Hopefully they'll do an exchange.

Went by the nearest TRU out of town to find them well stocked on every version but the 360...bone dry. I was about to leave, but I decided to grab the Wii U version since I was there; they had no issue with the full printed coupon. $25 was just too good of a deal to pass up, and I can possibly just exchange it later.

bread's done
Back