Wii U games at Amazon.com (NSMBU $40/BLOPS2 $30/Lego Undercover $40)

eoplocust

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Jose_ole']NSMBU or Lego city undercover?[/QUOTE]

NSMBU. Lego City was fun, but driving mechanics and ridiculous load times ruined it for me.

lego city was such a fun game
yeah the loading was the worst part but the story and writing were great, really funny

last part/mission blew my mind :eek:

wish black ops 2 was $20. i can wait

Sucks I just got New Super Mario Bros U last week for $50, but since I used Shop your Way points (kmart) it was technically free. nonetheless, I'm getting Lego City Undercover and thinking about Black ops 2 myself.

Mario is absolutely worth owning. I got that day 1 and played it like mad until I beat it. I would call it the best of the "New Super" series, and seeing Mario in HD is great.

Mario and Lego are both great games. Lego will last a lot longer for single player and Mario for the multiplayer. Both are great games for the entire family.

If you don't have a Wii U and NSMBU, consider me puzzled. But yeah, good deal for that game. I owned Black Ops 2 (on Wii U) and when I learned that Activision was forcing their community to stop asking about it, I sold it (wanted the zombie DLC because I love that part of that game). It is a great port, so worth $20 when it hits that low.

Haven't tried Lego City, but I would rather rent it before putting $20+ down on it. I'm not sure if I'll like the game or not.

NSMBU is a better deal because Lego actually retails for $49.99 compared to NMSBU's $59.99 price. Basically speaking, you're saving $20 on a fantastic game (that's having DLC this summer!) compared to $10 on a great game.

I do agree that the Lego game has long load times. BUT STILL - it's still a great game. I own both and they are both must haves for Wii U owners. Lego is open world while Mario is 2D platformer.

This is some advice for DLC peeps.

If you buy NSMBU you'll basically save $10 for the upcoming Luigi DLC which'll be a whole new game basically ($20 DLC vs. $30 retail)

Shouldn't there be lots of $9.99 and $14.99 Wii U games available ? Reason being, I've heard on certain podcasts that many 3rd party Wii U games have only sold a few thousand copies (which seems absolutely ridiculous), but the people giving the info don't normally lie about stuff like that.

So, if there are retailers like Target and Wal-Mart and Sears and Best Buy that have tons and tons of unsold Wii U games, what are they doing with them ? Is Nintendo doing something to keep them from blowing them out at $9.99 and $14.99 ? Maybe Nintendo is worried that it would send a really bad message for tons of games to be selling for only $9.99 and $14.99 and $19.99, and they don't want to get into a panic selling situation for the retailers.

I can't imagine that Nintendo or the publishers are giving them credit for all these unsold games, so you'd have to think the retailers will start blowing them out soon enough. Right ?

Is NsmbU as difficult as NsmbWii?
I found the wii version too frustrating, esp since you couldnt save after each level. I'm used to galaxy and 3d land.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Is NsmbU as difficult as NsmbWii?
I found the wii version too frustrating, esp since you couldnt save after each level. I'm used to galaxy and 3d land.[/QUOTE]

It starts off simple enough, but there are many places where the difficulty is just unreasonable or downright cruel. And yeah, you can't save until you beat the game, except for a few levels (like castles). So you end up beating the first castle level over and over just to save your progress.

[quote name='takotchi']It starts off simple enough, but there are many places where the difficulty is just unreasonable or downright cruel. And yeah, you can't save until you beat the game, except for a few levels (like castles). So you end up beating the first castle level over and over just to save your progress.[/QUOTE]

They added Quick Saves though, which is basically save at will. I actually am not sure what the difference was at all between it and normal saving.

You could only use a quick save one time between castles. Otherwise it was the same as a normal save. If you beat a castle or get an item (if I remember correctly) you could save. So I'd either save an item house until I wanted to save or go back to a castle and look for the 3 star medals for a save.

I thought it was overall marginally more difficult than NSMB Wii.

[quote name='smallsharkbigbite']You could only use a quick save one time between castles. Otherwise it was the same as a normal save. If you beat a castle or get an item (if I remember correctly) you could save. So I'd either save an item house until I wanted to save or go back to a castle and look for the 3 star medals for a save.

I thought it was overall marginally more difficult than NSMB Wii.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, good to know. It was never an issue for me. And I agree on the difficulty. There are a handful of levels that are enjoyably difficult.

[quote name='smellmybutt']Still waiting for Monster Hunter 3 to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Can't spend $60 on it when a friend gave me the 3DS version that I can already play online w/ my Wii U w/ the "Packet Relay App". I'd rather do that than shove around my save to just play it online.

Monster Hunter 4 being exclusive to the 3DS is going to be weird. Means the current Wii U game could be the last console version for awhile.

[quote name='theflicker']They added Quick Saves though, which is basically save at will. I actually am not sure what the difference was at all between it and normal saving.[/QUOTE]

Quicksaves are deleted when you load them.

[quote name='WilliamG']Quicksaves are deleted when you load them.[/QUOTE]

Yea. It's like "sleeping" the game. You pick up right where you were. The temporary save is deleted.

[quote name='gossamer']Grabbed Lego with the $20 trade in promo I still had sitting.[/QUOTE]

on a somewhat related note, does the Amazon $20 trade in promo have an expiration date?

I want NSMBU, but now that they have the Luigi DLC announced, I'm wondering if they will eventually come out with a disk version that includes both the full game and DLC in one package. There is nothing I hate more then buying a game and then finding out they came out with a better more complete version on disk later.

[quote name='chuckm79']I want NSMBU, but now that they have the Luigi DLC announced, I'm wondering if they will eventually come out with a disk version that includes both the full game and DLC in one package. There is nothing I hate more then buying a game and then finding out they came out with a better more complete version on disk later.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Agreed.

skyrim-legendary-edition-june-4.jpg

[quote name='chuckm79']I want NSMBU, but now that they have the Luigi DLC announced, I'm wondering if they will eventually come out with a disk version that includes both the full game and DLC in one package. There is nothing I hate more then buying a game and then finding out they came out with a better more complete version on disk later.[/QUOTE]

Well they are selling the Luigi dlc as a standalone disc release also, which makes a complete edition less likely, but still possible though.

[quote name='sloftus12']on a somewhat related note, does the Amazon $20 trade in promo have an expiration date?[/QUOTE]

If you go to the page of the promo, on the bottom says...

"The discount is valid until July 31, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time."

Funny how the guy said NSMBWii is too hard and was wondering if NSMBU was easier... People originally complained the previous games were too easy so they made the newest one more challenging. Honestly, it's not that hard and it'll be a while before true difficulty pops up.

[quote name='Autosaver']Funny how the guy said NSMBWii is too hard and was wondering if NSMBU was easier... People originally complained the previous games were too easy so they made the newest one more challenging. Honestly, it's not that hard and it'll be a while before true difficulty pops up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't say it ever gets cruel or anything. If you want to up the difficulty toss on some more players (i.e. roadbloacks) and a tormentor on the gamepad during boost rush mode.

[quote name='Autosaver']Funny how the guy said NSMBWii is too hard and was wondering if NSMBU was easier... People originally complained the previous games were too easy so they made the newest one more challenging. Honestly, it's not that hard and it'll be a while before true difficulty pops up.[/QUOTE]

I suck at mario. NSMBWii was a walk in the park through world 1 and then it ramped up.

Frankly it just pissed me off that I would spend half an hour beating 8-1, then die on 8-2 and have to start 8-1 again. Beating Roy Koopa is not an acceptable save point. It's just bad design. At that rate, the first five levels ought to be strung together, because you have to beat them all to save. 8-2 through 8-4 are just checkpoints.

Galaxy, 64 and 3D land are actually fun, and if I win, I win. Even in Sunshine that was the case, and that game was cruel.

I'm pretty sure there was a Quick-Save option that allowed you to save anywhere. It just became limited in that once you came back, you would have to quick-save again the next time you play if you want to keep your progress. I never had a problem with it.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Frankly it just pissed me off that I would spend half an hour beating 8-1, then die on 8-2 and have to start 8-1 again. Beating Roy Koopa is not an acceptable save point. It's just bad design. At that rate, the first five levels ought to be strung together, because you have to beat them all to save. 8-2 through 8-4 are just checkpoints.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's my love for retro but that sounds pretty fair if you were planning on playing for a long time. I miss games that were crazy hard and punished you for dying.

[quote name='Anthony1']Shouldn't there be lots of $9.99 and $14.99 Wii U games available ? Reason being, I've heard on certain podcasts that many 3rd party Wii U games have only sold a few thousand copies (which seems absolutely ridiculous), but the people giving the info don't normally lie about stuff like that.

So, if there are retailers like Target and Wal-Mart and Sears and Best Buy that have tons and tons of unsold Wii U games, what are they doing with them ? Is Nintendo doing something to keep them from blowing them out at $9.99 and $14.99 ? Maybe Nintendo is worried that it would send a really bad message for tons of games to be selling for only $9.99 and $14.99 and $19.99, and they don't want to get into a panic selling situation for the retailers.

I can't imagine that Nintendo or the publishers are giving them credit for all these unsold games, so you'd have to think the retailers will start blowing them out soon enough. Right ?[/QUOTE]

i've seen similar reports but this information relates to the demand side
there likely isnt an overabundance of supply since, like you say, the games aren't $10-15
I personally dont think i have seen more than 4-5 copies of the 3rd party games at any one retail store

P.S.
looks like the price for lego city went up
fuck
i was down

bread's done
Back