Buy 1 year of PS+ at Gamestop, get a free $10 PSN card

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
pspulia.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/20/playstation-plus-germinator-pinball-arcade-free-gamestop-ps-plus-deal/

Exclusive to GameStop stores, buy a 1 year PS Plus membership and get $10 in PSN cash to use on the PlayStation Store! You’ll get it right when you buy the 1 year Plus membership at GameStop; how’s that for instant gratification? You have until June 20th to take advantage of this deal. So whether you’ve been thinking about checking out PS Plus, or are an Instant Game Collection vet, you’ll want to hop on this deal.

This is a nice deal, but i'm waiting to figure out how PS Plus works once PS4 comes along before I extend my subscription any more than I have now.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']This is a nice deal, but i'm waiting to figure out how PS Plus works once PS4 comes along before I extend my subscription any more than I have now.[/QUOTE]
On the PS Blog they said it's actually until the 20th, so you could wait until E3 if you so choose.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']This is a nice deal, but i'm waiting to figure out how PS Plus works once PS4 comes along before I extend my subscription any more than I have now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm set til May of next year, and also don't plan on extending until I see what happens with the PS4. This is a pretty decent deal though, especially for those with lots of credit to burn.

I hope this thread devolves into a PS+ bickering session!

[quote name='alwayscheaper']The $5 offer to associates is funny. Expect to be harassed about buying/renewing ps plus for the next few weeks. Plus these great preorders...[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly,

I'm leaning toward just saying I don't own a ps3 so they'll stop. I don't mind being asked once, but continually asked for 2-3 minutes just kinda gets annoying.

[quote name='invincibleaggre']I own a PS3, but never tried PS+. How is it?[/QUOTE]

Take a look at the PS Plus blog. If you sympathize with the large group of whiners on there, PS Plus is not for you. If you look at the large group of whiners on there with astonishment at the complaints over free games and discounts, then you're probably a somewhat decent and intelligent human being and should give PS Plus a try.

Already good until June/July 2014, so buying anymore might be a waste if PS+ isn't continued for PS3 at least another two years after the PS4 is released. Pass for me, but anyone that doesn't have plus really ought to get this. Outstanding service! It's practically worth it just to never have to it through an update again:lol:

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Take a look at the PS Plus blog. If you sympathize with the large group of whiners on there, PS Plus is not for you. If you look at the large group of whiners on there with astonishment at the complaints over free games and discounts, then you're probably a somewhat decent and intelligent human being and should give PS Plus a try.[/QUOTE]

I may give PS Plus a try. Thanks!

Where do you look to see when yours expire? I think mine expires in June/July, and was thinking of reupping. This would sweeten the deal for me.

[quote name='invincibleaggre']I own a PS3, but never tried PS+. How is it?[/QUOTE]
Worth it no doubt. Are you a new PS3 owner?

[quote name='jza1218']Where do you look to see when yours expire? I think mine expires in June/July, and was thinking of reupping. This would sweeten the deal for me.[/QUOTE]

It's in the subscriptions list of your XMB menu. I don't have access to the XMB right now, or i'd point it out more clearly. I'm also pretty sure it shows when you log into your PSN account information online.

How is this promo suppose to work? I've called three different gamestops, and all three associates had no idea what the hell I was talking about.

[quote name='musha666']Not a bad deal if you want the $10 credit. Its so easy to find a year of PS+ for $35 elsewhere though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, do tell. I've only been actively looking for a month or two but you certainly do see the wealth of discounts like on Live stuff and this is the best discount I've seen so far.

ARGGGGG! I just renewed my 1 year PS+ membership this past weekend by picking up a card at Gamestop. Lucky me!

For people who are unable to see it, here's the link -
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/dlc/playstation-plus-1-year-membership/84626

[quote name='TooPoor']Also, out of curiosity, I thought all CAGs have renewed last time during the get $10 + extra 3 month promo?[/QUOTE]

I did, but haven't gotten my $10 for PSN yet. I've been meaning to ask if anyone else got their code yet. Anyone?

[quote name='patsrule316']I did, but haven't gotten my $10 for PSN yet. I've been meaning to ask if anyone else got their code yet. Anyone?[/QUOTE]
Got it way back, check your PS3 inbox, if it isn't there, then you should ask them.

they said Download stuff will work with PS4 SO PS+ will also work

[quote name='TooPoor']Got it way back, check your PS3 inbox, if it isn't there, then you should ask them.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a PS3, but I have a vita, and access to the on-line store on the web. Do you know if we can access our inbox there? As far as I know, I have never received a message from Sony or anyone else through my PSN account.

dont own a ps3 yet only a vita... Was able to buy a year off someone here for 30 (SO FIGURE 2.50 per month)

and started last week

so far

2 psp fighting game (tekken and some soul something) both junk but figured 50 cents to 1.00 each
Zombie tycoon 2 (again did not likeit) but figured 2 bucks or so

then this week

Germinator what i would say is worth 3 bucks or so
Pinball Arcade dont know HOW MUCH IS FREE but say 2 or 3 bucks
Men’s Room Mayhem save 30 cents

so 2 weeks in and already would of spent around 10 bucks and only paid 2.50 for the month....so even with vita its worth it and its worth so much more with a ps3

I almost did the gamestop thing then i though

the one i paid here for 30 GOOD MAY to MAY 2014
then i got a free year with CC would push me to MAY 2015

no reason to push it beyond 2015 at this time

Nice deal but considering the Playstation 4 will be releasing by years end, can you really take advantage of the PS Plus 1 year by the time its over?

Wow employees get it too? Wish this was going on when I worked there.....

Either way, prepare to be bombarded by people asking you to buy a Plus code, along with the typical pre-order begging

It's not like people are going to have trash can fires with the ps3, most people have there systems in one area, so with a flick of a switch you can still enjoy ps+

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wow employees get it too? Wish this was going on when I worked there.....

Either way, prepare to be bombarded by people asking you to buy a Plus code, along with the typical pre-order begging[/QUOTE]

We get it free after completing some ps+ info thing. I still haven't gotten around to it yet but ill do it after finals this week

i feel like i had a post here hoping that lots of people would put these codes on ebay so that we could get $10 codes at a small discount.

well... I hope that lots of people put these $10 codes on ebay so that we could get $10 codes at a small discount.

if I didn'tdo during the march spend $50 get $10 back promo i'd do this, PSN+ is the best bang for buck in gaming right now.

[quote name='Yigytugd']So its a referral system for employees. Yeah, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

If an employee's getting a reward for selling you something you want anyway at a reasonably good deal for you then why is this an issue? Maybe you just made that poor guys day after being pooped on by crummy customers all day.

[quote name='Yigytugd']So its a referral system for employees. Yeah, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

It's fundamentally no different than the Spend $50, get $10 back promotion SEN ran a couple months back. That's when I got my PS+ renewed.

The $5 for employees is really one of the first incentive programs I've heard of at GameStop. Just about everything else really sounds like metrics that employees have to meet.

[quote name='Byakurai']It's fundamentally no different than the Spend $50, get $10 back promotion SEN ran a couple months back. That's when I got my PS+ renewed.

The $5 for employees is really one of the first incentive programs I've heard of at GameStop. Just about everything else really sounds like metrics that employees have to meet.[/QUOTE]
A friend of mine works at GameStop, and he told me that he just gets an hourly wage with no commission or incentives to push things other than keeping his job. I think it's a good thing that they get $5.00 for providing their customers with a good deal on PS+

[quote name='Kenshindono']hows this work? im sure the idiots at my store will be clueless about it. i want to make sure i get the 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

Can't confirm, but would imagine the $10 code prints on the receipt, as this article states that you get it immediately

EDIT: I don't understand why people would vote this deal as a bad one. You get 20% bonus on your PS+ subscription. As PS+/PSN cards hardly go for sale... oh well, some people are unhappy in life, I guess :)

[quote name='amusedtoe']If an employee's getting a reward for selling you something you want anyway at a reasonably good deal for you then why is this an issue? Maybe you just made that poor guys day after being pooped on by crummy customers all day.[/QUOTE]

Oh I have no problem with the deal or employees getting a reward, my problem is when I start going into Gamestop and along with the CoD advertisements, I'll get PS+ new deal mentions.

But yeah, who knows, maybe not.

bread's done
Back