Best Buy Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL $40/$30 Off (YMMV)

MochaRaf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Before I begin I would just like to point out that this deal is very YMMV and will most likely only work in B&M.

I just picked up a 3DS XL at Best Buy and was able to get an additional $10 off the current $20 off promotion. I started searching for a 3DS XL for a decent price since I had just picked up KH 3D: DDD, so I simply typed in "Nintendo 3DS XL" into Google and the very first result I get on my iPad and iPhone is the Best Buy website with a promotion that says "Save $30 W/Purchase Of Nintendo 3DS XL At Best Buy®, + Free Shipping!‎"

When I stopped by my local Best Buy I asked the manager about it and he said he has no clue why it says that as the current promotion only offers $20 off, but he would be more than happy to take an additional $10 off from the already said $20 discount promotion going on at the moment. I am sure that the 3DS XL will eventually go back to $159.99 or perhaps even lower in future sales, but since I personally don't want to wait a few months for such a deal I decided that $30 off was good enough for me.

Also, if you type in "nintendo 3ds" the same promotion ad pops up on Google with $40 off 3DS purchase. "Save $40 w/Purchase Of Any Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console At Best Buy!". I recommend using your phone to search for the 3DS as sometimes it doesn't want to pop up, but the employee at Best Buy was able to pull it up on his desktop no problem.

Remember this is going to be very YMMV, but if you are like me and don't want to wait for the next sale this is worth a try since it is a Best Buy ad on Google afterall. Just don't wait too long, as Managers and supervisors are more willing to do an override for an additional $10 off instead of $30 off when the current $20 off promotion ends.

imagehia.jpg

imagejxmn.jpg

[quote name='CookieMonster156']The $40 came up on my phone as well. Will this work for an animal crossing preorder?[/QUOTE]

To be completely honest, I highly doubt it. The Nintendo 3DS XL with Animal Crossing: New Leaf is not just a regular 3DS XL but is considered a bundle package since it comes with the game Pre-installed and therefore has more value to it. But I suppose you could always give it a shot, worst case they will tell you no.

[quote name='invincibleaggre']Going to try this out today! Wish me luck! ^_^[/QUOTE]

yep, same for me, I think. Hope it works!

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Came up on my phone, but wasn't able to get it on the desktop.

I may try this out!

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

I am not quite sure what the determining factors are of it showing up, I was just glad that the Best Buy employees were able to pull it up on their desktop without any issues. Hopefully you will have the same luck if you do decide to try it out.

[quote name='invincibleaggre']Going to try this out today! Wish me luck! ^_^[/QUOTE]

[quote name='taylort3']yep, same for me, I think. Hope it works![/QUOTE]

Best of luck guys, let us know how it turns out if you end up going!

P.S. According to the Best Buy ad that Twitter posted in the deals section, it looks like the XL will be returning to $199.99 on 5/26 the latest. So if you plan on trying this I suggest you do so before Sunday.

Anybody try this with a regular 3DS (not XL)? I see the $40 discount offer on my phone but can't get it on the desktop, which worries me about Best Buy trying to get it. I wonder if they'd do $40 off the $169 price of a regular 3DS...

[quote name='yanathin']Anybody try this with a regular 3DS (not XL)? I see the $40 discount offer on my phone but can't get it on the desktop, which worries me about Best Buy trying to get it. I wonder if they'd do $40 off the $169 price of a regular 3DS...[/QUOTE]

get it for 129$ from macys vending machines.

[quote name='Chrushev']get it for 129$ from macys vending machines.[/QUOTE]

This ... this is a thing?

Also: Is there a way to find out which Macy's have them? Do they charge tax?

I got an Red/Black 3DS XL today for 159.99 ($40 off). The manager did a little investigation and in the end gave me the $40 off. He said he could only do it for the XL since the normal models aren't under any sale at the moment.

It was $171.xx with tax.

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']I got an Red/Black 3DS XL today for 159.99 ($40 off). The manager did a little investigation and in the end gave me the $40 off. He said he could only do it for the XL since the normal models aren't under any sale at the moment.

It was $171.xx with tax.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sweet deal, may I ask what state you are in? I think that this Google ad may change the value of the promotion depending on where you are. Or did the manager simply apply the $40 off from the regular 3DS to the 3DS XL?

[quote name='MochaRaf']Pretty sweet deal, may I ask what state you are in? I think that this Google ad may change the value of the promotion depending on where you are. Or did the manager simply apply the $40 off from the regular 3DS to the 3DS XL?[/QUOTE]

I live in Pennsylvania. The ad said $30 for the XL yesterday, but when I checked today it said $40. He even checked on his phone and it said $40.

Was able to get them to ring me up at $30 off, but no luck with $40. Not a bad deal, and if there are any sales this weekend for Memorial Day then I'll just return and price match for the difference I suppose.

didn't work for me :( still bought an XL after matching target's price of 175$, and used my welcome packet b2g1 on fire emblem, zelda, and mario land 3d. so I guess the combined discounts worked out after all :)

[quote name='GiSS88']Was able to get them to ring me up at $30 off, but no luck with $40. Not a bad deal, and if there are any sales this weekend for Memorial Day then I'll just return and price match for the difference I suppose.[/QUOTE]

According to the scan the memorial deal is buy a 3DS XL for $199.99 and receive a specific type of carrying case for free (Not sure which case it is exactly, but I believe it is valued at $14). Better to stick with saving $30 and buying the hard case for $15.99 IMO.

[quote name='taylort3']didn't work for me :( still bought an XL after matching target's price of 175$, and used my welcome packet b2g1 on fire emblem, zelda, and mario land 3d. so I guess the combined discounts worked out after all :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the deal, but at least you were able to PM the Target sale price instead of paying MSRP.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']I think the case is a $9.99 value, but I'm not checking right now. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

I just did, and you certainly are correct about it being the $9.99 valued one.

[quote name='MochaRaf']According to the scan the memorial deal is buy a 3DS XL for $199.99 and receive a specific type of carrying case for free (Not sure which case it is exactly, but I believe it is valued at $14). Better to stick with saving $30 and buying the hard case for $15.99 IMO.

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the deal, but at least you were able to PM the Target sale price instead of paying MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I nabbed it then. Was last Blue XL on the shelf. Also signed up for rewards card, which took another $20 off.

[quote name='GiSS88']Good thing I nabbed it then. Was last Blue XL on the shelf. Also signed up for rewards card, which took another $20 off.[/QUOTE]

You mean a credit card?

[quote name='plus1zero']Store credit card I believe[/QUOTE]

Correct. Not sure if it's a promo they're running, but if I remember right it was $20 off anything over $130 or something similar, don't remember exactly. Don't have any other credit cards (don't use them) so figured I may as well have one for emergencies. I'll probably never use it anyway :whistle2:#

[quote name='GiSS88']Good thing I nabbed it then. Was last Blue XL on the shelf. Also signed up for rewards card, which took another $20 off.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Although dont let those shelves fool you, my Best Buy only keeps one XL model on the floor at a time and the rest in the back.

[quote name='MochaRaf']Awesome! Although dont let those shelves fool you, my Best Buy only keeps one XL model on the floor at a time and the rest in the back.[/QUOTE]

I figured they might have more by the cages up front, but I was leaning toward blue anyway. If I ever want to change it, I'll get an aluminum shell or something like I did with my DSi. And if that Monster Hunter Shell ever comes back to the Capcom store, consider it sold :bouncy:

Anyone thinking about buying the normal 3DS, check out the Newegg deal. It's going for an overall cheaper price as you get 2 games for free.

[quote name='Autosaver']Anyone thinking about buying the normal 3DS, check out the Newegg deal. It's going for an overall cheaper price as you get 2 games for free.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, I saw the deal but in all honesty I prefer the bigger screens and the buttons on the XL over the regular one. Great deal though if you are interested in the regular 3DS.

You know what a day before this was posted, I too was looking for a 3DS XL and saw the ad for best buy.

I may call a manager to check in advance before driving down there.

Thank you.

I don't get it though. It's listed as $179 on the website. If I go into the store will they for some reason take another $20 off that?

The google ad does not appear to be showing up as of today. 5/24/

[quote name='eldergamer']I don't get it though. It's listed as $179 on the website. If I go into the store will they for some reason take another $20 off that?

The google ad does not appear to be showing up as of today. 5/24/[/QUOTE]

It is very YMMV, but depending on if it said $30 or $40 off in your ad, the manager could have potentially given you an additional $10-$20 off the current $20 off promotion.

I just typed it "Nintendo 3DS XL" into Google and it now only says $20 off, which is the current promotion. But when I type it into my phone it still gives me the $40 off. Are you using desktop or mobile device when you type it in?

[quote name='Link2999']Anyone know the TIV at Best Buy for a 3DS?[/QUOTE]

ConditionGift Card Value
Good $50.00
Fair $35.00
Poor $15.00
Not Working $0.00

[quote name='theflicker']ConditionGift Card Value
Good $50.00
Fair $35.00
Poor $15.00
Not Working $0.00[/QUOTE]

Eh, not too much. I wonder if the +100% offers they have apply to hardware.

Was going to try and pull this off on a Pink 3DS XL, by Best Buy has seemed to pull it from then website as well as store shelves. Oh well!

bread's done
Back