* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

#3271 huldrelok   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

huldrelok

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

just dropped a bunch of steam keys in this thread, go get em before the leechers do!

http://www.cheapassg...5#entry10842250

#3272 Cybolt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

The best Booster Pack to get is probably Zack Zero. I think that might be the least game owned of the bunch released with Steam Trading Cards. Zack Zero regular cards are still around $3+ per.

There is actually one on the market right now but it's $15 though.

#3273 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10165 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

just dropped a bunch of steam keys in this thread, go get em before the leechers do!

http://www.cheapassg...5#entry10842250

Good on you but leechers watch that thread like a hawk -- 99% of those keys are probably gone within two minutes.

#3274 Estbarul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

I got one of Super Meat Boy and I'm selling it about 3$, I'm liking these cards even more now.

But, If I get all card drops, and don't craft a badge, I'll still be able to get the booster packs?

#3275 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6162 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

Just sold my ARES Booster for $1.72 ($1.50). I undercut the next highest seller by about $0.30, so it sold within 30 seconds. I quickly checked the profile of the guy who bought the pack, and saw that he opened it and didn't get any foils. He then put the cards up on the market to resell. At the prices that he's listing them, I'd say that he's gonna loose about 40 cents on the venture. But he was probably just taking a gamble that he'd get a foil.

#3276 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10165 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

Like scratch off lotto tickets.

#3277 cyrus386  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:05 AM

Everybody check your profiles. They just added those badges based on how many games you have. I noticed something was weird when my Steam level jumped from 11 to 13.

Thanks for the heads up.  I went from 6 to 9.  76 xp away from level 10.  So should I try to craft a SMB badge? Level 10 still increases my rate of foil drops, right?

#3278 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I went from 6 to 9.  76 xp away from level 10.  So should I try to craft a SMB badge? Level 10 still increases my rate of foil drops, right?

Actually, your chances are just as good right now at level 9 as level 10.

#3279 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2181 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Everybody check your profiles. They just added those badges based on how many games you have. I noticed something was weird when my Steam level jumped from 11 to 13.

Nope. They removed that requirement a week and a half ago.

#3280 spoderman  

Faux just told me if I leave Steam on I'll be rich.

#fauxlies

#3281 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6162 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

Foil drops are no longer tied to your steam level. Pretty much anyone can get a foil now.

As far as I can see it, the only advantage that there is to getting to level 10 is that you get a showcase on your profile, and you might get a booster pack drop.

EDIT: ninja'd

#3282 Meowlo   Steam Addict CAGiversary!   1293 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

YES! Game collector badge... instant 1,437 EXP points! It finally paid off. "Game Industry Guardian"

#3283 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2181 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

I merely jumped from lv7 to lv11 with my Director of Acquisitions badge.  I like that I now get a showcase... I didn't realized I had a couple of 0% achievements from Saints Row 3 and and handful of 1% achieves from Magicka (both of whichI only played it for fun, not achieves -- and magicka only in SP, once, on the base game).

http://steamcommunit...m/id/asheskitty

Actually, those 0% achievements from SR3 are incorrect. If you check the how many users have those achievements that show up in the showcase, it's definitely a lot more than 0%. For some reason, the achievement showcase thinks they're rare. It's been like that for quite a while.

#3284 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

As it stands, I'm still looking for a game that can satisfy that Link to the Past hunger.

tumblr_m4qwq1HugG1qd4q8ao1_1280.jpg

It even comes with cards!

I really wanted those cards, but I'm grateful that my mother wouldn't feed me sugary breakfast cereals. 

I actually have some of the cards.  Encountered the entire back of the box while going through old stuff the other day.

That's why in playing the WoW Auction House I did it on an unknown banker toon.  Ohh some of the tells I used to get... =D

Me too!  Bald gnome rogue.  Sometimes I had him out hawking stuff in person sent to him from my other toons.  Good times.  That being said, don't miss it.

Just got faerie solitaire Booster Pack...(without playing anything...) So seem Booster Packs are up...

I got a They Bleed Pixels booster.  Good deal, since the cards are still at decent prices.  Opened it and listed them right away.  No foils.

#3285 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

YES! Game collector badge... instant 1,437 EXP points! It finally paid off. "Game Industry Guardian"

Sweet I'm only 8 games away from that one (I have 992 games) and the new Groupees starts tonight, in which I'm missing all three of the Steam games.  1k+ badge, here I come!

#3286 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5618 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

Like that new game badge. I jumped right up to level 20 and got a new showcase. 

Look, if you guys wanna say that the emoticons/backgrounds couldn't get much cheaper, OK, that's fine. Maybe I'm wrong on that. But I think that the price on the cards are gonna hit an all time low for the card market. Simply because I think that the market is gonna end up getting flooded. I just have a feeling that it's gonna approach beta invite levels of market saturation.

They're going to really have to up the ante on reasons to craft badges if they want cards to actually be worth something. Just remember, Valve has an incentive to raise the value since they're getting a cut.

I'm like the most unlucky Steam card participant.  So far I've got all my drops from about 90% of the games with cards.  I've yet to receive a foil.  Also no booster pack yet.  Oh well - I've made a lot of cash selling my regular, non-foil cards so I can't complain.

Nope, I haven't got a single foil or booster pack either. Just luck of the draw.

#3287 cyrus386  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

Thanks guys.  I know level 10 isn't required to get foils but I thought that your odds increase with higher levels.  Guess I'll save myself the couple of bucks.

#3288 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2940 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Still no foils or booster packs for me. I've gotten a lot of duplicates when it has come to cards. Most recently was Super Meat Boy where I got 3 of the exact same card. I didn't think it was that bad until I realized only 3 cards drops in total for that game.

#3289 Frithsblessing   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Frithsblessing

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

These cards are dropping slowly. Do I need to start a game or can I just open it to get the card drops?

#3290 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20292 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

Thanks guys.  I know level 10 isn't required to get foils but I thought that your odds increase with higher levels.  Guess I'll save myself the couple of bucks.

They proposed a system where the higher levels get a better foil drop rate, but they have not made an official announcement that it was added.

Booster packs: Players who have collected all the trading card drops they can for a game and have used Steam in the last week will randomly receive booster packs. These packs contain three additional cards for the game, and may contain foils.

Just in case you were wondering what you have to do to get boosters. 

#3291 cyrus386  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

Thanks.  No boosters for me yet.

#3292 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

Nope, I haven't got a single foil or booster pack either. Just luck of the draw.

venum no lucki eithr

#3293 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20292 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

I want to point out a really great feature, you can resell backgrounds even after using them or featuring them.  So essentially if you buy cheap enough you end up paying around .02 cents to rent a background if you tire of it. 

#3294 Eldredpe   Disconcerted CAGiversary!   2560 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

I want to point out a really great feature, you can resell backgrounds even after using them or featuring them.  So essentially if you buy cheap enough you end up paying around .02 cents to rent a background if you tire of it. 

You can sell and trade emoticons, as well.

So, if you need an emoticon for a single use to make a joke work, you could borrow it from a friend then give it back.

For when you really need a headcrab and you really need it now.

#3295 Steampunk Willie   Friendly Neighborhood Lurker CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Steampunk Willie

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

Balls. I forgot to go back and add more to the Retro bundle before it ended. 

y u change ur naem SeymourGams

I've been wanting to change it for years. I trade in usernames on all sites about every five years... it was due on here. 

#3296 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6162 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, in the first few days of the backgrounds/emoticons, I bought one of each and used them to get the achievement for the community badge. Then I re-sold them and made about 5 cents profit on the whole thing.

#3297 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

Dammit, that would have been easy! Missed it, but Thanks anyway!

sorry, still trying to learn how to use cag 3.0, it makes me feel so stupid lol

I should've just pm'ed you the code but lack of sleep and lack of knowledge how to use the updated site did me in. 

#3298 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

Well, I went ahead and did it.  Since the Blocks That Matter cards kept hovering in the mid to upper 20's in cents each, I bought the three I needed and crafted a badge.  Was it worth 80 cents and the loss of a potential dollar?  Probably not, but now I've seen the hi-tech animation that comes with the blendtastic act of completing a deck.

The :fireslime: emoticon looks vaguely like Calcifer from the film version of Howl's Moving Castle.

My coupon is so useless it's not worth mentioning.

#3299 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Well, I went ahead and did it.  Since the Blocks That Matter cards kept hovering in the mid to upper 20's in cents each, I bought the three I needed and crafted a badge.  Was it worth 80 cents and the loss of a potential dollar?  Probably not, but now I've seen the hi-tech animation that comes with the blendtastic act of completing a deck.

The :fireslime: emoticon looks vaguely like Calcifer from the film version of Howl's Moving Castle.

My coupon is so useless it's not worth mentioning.

More useless than 33% off Garry's mod and 50% off Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition?

#3300 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

I'm like the most unlucky Steam card participant.  So far I've got all my drops from about 90% of the games with cards.  I've yet to receive a foil.  Also no booster pack yet.  Oh well - I've made a lot of cash selling my regular, non-foil cards so I can't complain.

No foils here but I got an SS3 booster and there are only 2 others on the market.