* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

#6121 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8748 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Just noticed that I got a Offspring Fling booster on my secondary account. Which is kinda weird, because that account is only at level 9. I thought you had to be level 10 at least to get a booster drop. Not that I'm complaining though. I sold that sucker on the market for a buck and I was able to check the account of the person who bought it and discovered that they didn't get a foil.

Which makes me wonder, has anybody here who has opened a pack received a foil? I know most of us just sell off the booster packs when we get them. But a few of us have opened the packs to sell the cards individually because they're worth more that way than as the booster.

I think they did away with the minimum level requirement a while back. Having a higher level -does- increase your chances, but that's it.

Also, ad blockinem.

#6122 awestover89   So Much Backlog CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

awestover89

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Just noticed that I got a Offspring Fling booster on my secondary account. Which is kinda weird, because that account is only at level 9. I thought you had to be level 10 at least to get a booster drop. Not that I'm complaining though. I sold that sucker on the market for a buck and I was able to check the account of the person who bought it and discovered that they didn't get a foil.

Which makes me wonder, has anybody here who has opened a pack received a foil? I know most of us just sell off the booster packs when we get them. But a few of us have opened the packs to sell the cards individually because they're worth more that way than as the booster.

I opened and no foil, sold for less than the pack (slightly, by a couple cents) but oh well. I knew it was too good to be true to think I was lucky, lol.

Still, free money is free money

#6123 Motiv  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

I bought two Psychonauts booster packs from the market right after it appeared there was indeed a mass release of these booster packs. Prices were starting to really dip and I saw two at $0.78 & $0.77 and grabbed them. Hoping maybe to get a foil along with my own Psychonauts booster pack I was sadly mistaken after unpacking all three.

I came out even after selling the cards, but an 0 for 9 on drawing a foil. No dice!

#6124 bubzers   Derpy Derpy Doo CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

I got a BL2 booster. Opened it hoping to get a Gaige card. Got 2x Salvadore and a Jack. Sold them for $1.50 and bought a Gaige for $0.60. Not too shabby.

#6125 Kuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2450 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

I got a BL2 booster. Opened it hoping to get a Gaige card. Got 2x Salvadore and a Jack. Sold them for $1.50 and bought a Gaige for $0.60. Not too shabby.

Damn, I would have traded Gaige for Jack, oh well

#6126 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hope everyone had a great holiday, for those in the US anyway!  Actually, I can just hope everyone had a happy July 4th, since I understand the date exists everywhere.  With that and my ten-year wedding anniversary yesterday and tens of pages of additional nonsense here, it's taken me all morning to catch up on the thread.  Way to cut into my garage sale time, CAGs.

We want the WHOLE FF series on Steam here, dammit...

Hear, hear.  I wonder whether they'd include the additional content added to the GBA releases to the base or as DLC.

DL92kcn.png

Perhaps it's just me, but I would have created the card focusing on the center of the image, cutting off her face.  More profile views, amirite?

Alan Wake, the flashlight simulator.  As our fellow CAGer and esteemed gaming reviewer MHC wrote:

People who add an extra "er" to the end of the abbreviation for "Cheapass Gamer" should pay a visit to the Department of Redundancy Department.  I understand there's now a branch here in the USA of America.

If it's not today, I'm going to riot and flip over Gabe's car.

I understand this happens to his cars all the time.  There's a guy whose only job is to go and unflip his cars for him.  It's not the best job in the world, but he never runs out of work, so he has job security and steady pay.

(I was also going to comment that it's only noteworthy if GabeN's actually in the car at the time, but Ashes beat me to it.)

jYKSRND.png  zIHO4t3.png

I would totally buy a RollingSkull card.

My fellow CAGers! Will this laptop work for high quality settings?

Haha, this thread is highly enjoyable to read through and follow.

I'm surprised only 338 CAGers follow this thread. Which is far less than what GMG (1046) and Amazon (1422) have. Bizarre.

grumble100607.jpg

Like many of you, I also just received my 2nd booster pack. I have my doubts that drops are random.

It looks like no one is buying Blocks that Matter boosters. The last sale was $3.48 on Tuesday, when I went to sell there were about a dozen at $1.12, and now there are more listed at $1.00-1.12.  Talk about a crash.

Things rebounded since then, as I got a BTM pack and sold it for $1.15, matching several others as the lowest price, just last night.

Now that I see that everyone seems to have gotten boosters at the same time, I wish I'd waited for the influx to die down further.  Would have been advantageous, I expect.

Also worth noting, BTM is one of several games where I've exhausted my drops, but is also (coincidentally?) the only one I've crafted.  I'm willing to assume it is coincidence, but I wonder if others have seen a systematic preference there.  (Granted, you'd think it would be more sensible to grant packs to those who didn't craft the badge.  Just wild speculation.)

#6127 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10709 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Got my first booster!  :whee:

A TF2 Booster.  :roll:

That sold for a buck minus fees  :oldman:

Also, the happy finger guy is broken in CAG v3.0 \:D/

• dfg likes this

#6128 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Exceeded quoted block limit.  Had to break into two posts.

I got one for Strike Suit Infinity, score! After selling it the game will be free + profit for me, finally.  Oh, incidentally, I thought you had to have no more card drops remaining to get boosters.  Was it just for that specific game? I still have one drop left for Alan Wake and am away from my main compy for the holiday weekend.

Just the certain game.  If having any drops remaining across your entire library disqualified you from receiving boosters, it would be a fairly small segment of the Steam playerbase receiving boosters at any given time.  My wife's account with her five or so multiplayer games would be earning a Portal 2 booster pack every day.

I don't argue, quarrel, squabble [ridiculously redundant rhetoric continues] or fall out, even in person or in prison.

F--- all that shit.

I just troll twerps like Ness and others matching his likeness while I do other stuff too. Try it -- it's pathetic.

If you have to TELL people that you're trolling...

Weird, well doesn't surprise me, CAG 3.0 is basically like Viridian Forest

And ya,  Fuck work, all that making money is getting in the way of saving a few bucks!  lol

Wobbuffet sees what you did there.

Speaking of which, I'd posted a larger picture of my profile pic for CAG cardness, but the 4gen sprite doesn't really come any bigger.

161.gif

#6129 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Speaking of which, I'd posted a larger picture of my profile pic for CAG cardness, but the 4gen sprite doesn't really come any bigger.

161.gif

I do my best with the tools I have. 

F9oevPk.png

#6130 Izod   CheepLikeASpoder CAGiversary!   2294 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Still no foils wtf.  This metagame is bullshit.

#6131 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Still no foils wtf.  This metagame is bullshit.

39466915.jpg

#6132 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5360 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

oh also found this in the steam database

borderlands 2 goty

http://steamdb.info/sub/28813/

49520 Game Borderlands 2 2 days ago 218550 DLC Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep 8 days ago 230090 DLC Borderlands 2: Psycho Pack (Borderlands 2 - Psycho Pack) 12 days ago 224200 DLC Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 23 days ago 213250 DLC Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt 23 days ago 213231 DLC Borderlands 2: Premiere Club 23 days ago 213230 DLC Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack 23 days ago 213210 DLC Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage 23 days ago 208690 DLC Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughterdome 23 days ago 207870 DLC Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty 23 days ago 208691 DLC Borderlands 2: Creature Dome 2 months ago

You're welcome, everyone. I finally bit on BL2 yesterday at $5, which is my pricepoint for AAA games that I think may suck. 

#6133 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

I do my best with the tools I have. 

F9oevPk.png

Rawk!  Thanks, man!

#6134 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Remember Hotline Miami?

Well apparently that nice young man at work cleaning up politics in Juárez.

1013051_475698965850814_1748605131_n.jpg

burro-chon.jpg

#6135 Frithsblessing   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Frithsblessing

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

yeah, I realized the irony of that statement after I clicked post :)

oh also found this in the steam database

borderlands 2 goty

http://steamdb.info/sub/28813/

49520 Game Borderlands 2 2 days ago 218550 DLC Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep 8 days ago 230090 DLC Borderlands 2: Psycho Pack (Borderlands 2 - Psycho Pack) 12 days ago 224200 DLC Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 23 days ago 213250 DLC Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt 23 days ago 213231 DLC Borderlands 2: Premiere Club 23 days ago 213230 DLC Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack 23 days ago 213210 DLC Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage 23 days ago 208690 DLC Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughterdome 23 days ago 207870 DLC Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty 23 days ago 208691 DLC Borderlands 2: Creature Dome 2 months ago

Of course this happens a few days after I buy the game and season pass from GMG. I was going to hold off until the goty edition hit $10, but I broke down and bought it at GMG because I didn't think the character packs would be included in the goty edition. Not that it is a really big deal, I will never play the psycho character. But, I am holding off on starting the game until I can get the Mechro character for a good price. 

#6136 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8748 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

Remember Hotline Miami?

burro-chon.jpg

... actually people down there are so fed up with the corrupt politicians trying to buy their way into office that several cities have begun having fake candidates like this showing up as a form of protest.

Which leads to less votes for the candidates. Which means they still get elected.

Sometimes I hate being Mexican. This is one of those times. *handwaves*

Also, that Borderlands 2 Game of the Year pack does -not- include any cosmetic DLC so it's not even close to being a real GOTY pack. :P

#6137 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

You're welcome, everyone. I finally bit on BL2 yesterday at $5, which is my pricepoint for AAA games that I think may suck. 

I feel like I missed something.. where'd you pickup BL2 for $5?

#6138 Frithsblessing   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Frithsblessing

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Wild guess- he used credit at GMG. 

#6139 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Daily Deal

Ace of Spades - $9.99 $3.39 (4-Pack - $29.99 $10.19)

#6140 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

<cough> -bundle fodder-

(also looks to be indie multiplayer only style fail)

#6141 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Sometimes I hate being Mexican. This is one of those times. *handwaves*

I get you.

As a white man I beat myself up inside when I interact with or think about blacks, Muslims, Latinos, natives, women, etc.

That's why my lungs are black and my veins appear blue.

#6142 Fatality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2277 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

I get you.

As a white man I beat myself up inside when I interact with or think about blacks, Muslims, Latinos, natives, women, etc.

That's why my lungs are black and my veins appear blue.

:grouphug:

#6143 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24041 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Daily Deal

Ace of Spades - $9.99 $3.39 (4-Pack - $29.99 $10.19)

Hmmm....

I figured that would be a card game...

180px-01_of_spades_A.svg.png

...Or a drink:

Ace-of-Spades-Champagne.jpg

#6144 Fatality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2277 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

and

#6145 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24041 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Does that Ace of Spades indie game have cards? ;)

If so - can you get an Ace of Spades Steam card? ;)

Yeah, now, imagine this...

Listening to Ace of Spades by Motorhead;

while playing the game Ace of Spades;

while drinking Ace of Spades;

and earning a Ace of Spades steam card that looks like a Ace of Spades playing card. ;)

(My own) Mind blown!

#6146 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5360 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Didn't mean to confuse anyone - snagged it from a CAG on the trade thread.

#6147 Mac the Geek   Member Title CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Mac the Geek

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

and earning a Ace of Spades steam card that looks like a Ace of Spades playing card. ;)

(My own) Mind blown!

Skip to about 7:20 if you only want the relevant bit...

#6148 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10709 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

I tried doing this but all I had to listen to was Ace of Base.  Screwed it up from Step #1.

#6149 EarthBoundX5   Chef Jesus CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

EarthBoundX5

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

If you have to TELL people that you're trolling...

Totes true

Wobbuffet sees what you did there.

Better call in animal control then, cause wobbuffet should be nowhere near Viridian Forest!

... actually people down there are so fed up with the corrupt politicians trying to buy their way into office that several cities have begun having fake candidates like this showing up as a form of protest.

Last time I was in Mexico, the police had just finished hanging some famous reporter's son or something and his friends over a bridge with their heads cut off...

(My own) Mind blown!

tumblr_meyazeXxJN1rh8sxyo1_500.gif

#6150 KaOTiK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Remember Hotline Miami?

burro-chon.jpg

Good to see Sarah Jessica Parker is still able to get work