* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

#11851 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Just knocked out two flawless routes on Euro Truck 2. I'm really liking this game.

http://steamcommunit...757599000540387
http://steamcommunit...757599000563437

That was honestly ridiculously hard (second pic). Nice that the parking situations are different depending on where you go though...

Thank you everyone for the help. 4.60 $ sounds like win to me, anyone have a coupon on nuuvem? Cupom de desconto :booty:

Checking online now also.

Thanks !

I looked around, and nope. No coupons on Nuuvem right now. I don't think they really ever do them.

#11852 Rock Bottom   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Rock Bottom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

I looked around, and nope. No coupons on Nuuvem right now. I don't think they really ever do them.

Yep, no luck either. I think I saw the same as you, very rarely.

But oh well, tomorrow new char on 2K13 and I get to try it with new graphics on PC. thanks !

#11853 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

1) F1 45%

2) 2K13 30%

3) Football Manager 25%

#11854 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

Not bad. I'm not gonna pick it up, but I voted for F1. It goes on sale less than the other too, so I'm glad to see the community got it right this time.

EDIT: C'moooooon price glitch.

#11855 pepsiguy_2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

pepsiguy_2

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

i actually wanted nba 2k13 :(

#11856 cjenvy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

just scored 1st booster still 0 fer on foils too bad im out of stuff to buy

#11857 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Well, no glitches, and some downright awful flash deals.

Goodnight, CAG.

#11858 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5359 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

i actually wanted nba 2k13 :(

Just buy it from Nuuvem.

#11859 Needles-Kane  

Needles-Kane

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

im hoping it will go on clearance. heard it was good for emulators.

also does neone know the combat on vampire the masquerade? looks like guns

Does the Ouya emulate better than a PC?  Is it safer or anything else?  I have never gotten into emulation before and was very interested when I found out the Ouya can do N64 and PS1 supposedly well.

#11860 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19867 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Does the Ouya emulate better than a PC?  Is it safer or anything else?  I have never gotten into emulation before and was very interested when I found out the Ouya can do N64 and PS1 supposedly well.

PC is still better.  With the right PC you can emulate Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP and even Gamecube/Wii.

#11861 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

PC is still better.  With the right PC you can emulate Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP and even Gamecube/Wii.

PSP emulation is now in a workable state? Interesting.

And I caved and bought the multiplayer and some costume packs for Tomb Raider 2013. What a waste that could have gone to a much better game, but at least it's in my inventory so I can somehow trade away/sell this decision when I realize it was a terrible idea.

#11862 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10366 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

Slightly off topic (I know, rare for the Steam thread), but as seeing some of you like Alice and some of you like American McGee, I thought this might be of interest and I haven't seen it mentioned:

Alice: Otherlands - film shorts to feature length film?

Oh, and new Borderlands 2 DLC as announced by IGN and Gamespot.  And here I though it was going to take me a while to level each character to level 61... 

#11863 cranky2   Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

This is going to annoy some people... but what the heck is a booster pack and how are they awarded? I haven't spent any money at Steam, this Summer, but I have played tons of Skyrim and still no pack...

#11864 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10366 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

This is going to annoy some people... but what the heck is a booster pack and how are they awarded? I haven't spent any money at Steam, this Summer, but I have played tons of Skyrim and still no pack...

http://steamcommunit...adingcards/faq/

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
  • Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
  • Etc.

#11865 awestover89   So Much Backlog CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

awestover89

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Booster packs contain 3 cards for a game. Randomly dropped as the community crafts badges. All you have to do is be logged in and have a game with no card drops remaining to be eligible. Still very rare. I have probably 30-40 games eligible for a booster pack and have gotten 1, and I've been in the TCG since the beta.

Chances increase with your Steam level as well, but they are still quite rare.

#11866 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Borderlands 2 is one of the few games that I have broken my general rule of get the game for $10 or under for the whole game i.e. GOTY.  I did buy the base game for under $10.  I bought Mechro and Psycho packs as well as season pass during this summer sale.  So far, still under $20, which I do not think is bad considering all of the content.

I read yesterday that they would be announcing more content and thought "ok".  I am not sure if more characters are another season pass.  However, this game has proven that people want to play more.  Other developers are paying attention to this as this proves that when you offer more gameplay and characters that actually equate to more gameplay (not get a skin and not just 30 minutes for a DLC) then people are interested.  I think that borderlands 2 being a game where co op play shines definitely helps.  

#11867 cranky2   Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Booster packs contain 3 cards for a game. Randomly dropped as the community crafts badges. All you have to do is be logged in and have a game with no card drops remaining to be eligible. Still very rare. I have probably 30-40 games eligible for a booster pack and have gotten 1, and I've been in the TCG since the beta.

Chances increase with your Steam level as well, but they are still quite rare.

Thank you for explaining this to me. I'm a level 6, so I'm pretty well screwed.

#11868 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10366 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Seems to me that BL2 is just following the current standard BF/CoD mechanic of extending gameplay through DLC.  I'm not complaining, more of just an observation.

#11869 spoderman  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

Thank you for explaining this to me. I'm a level 6, so I'm pretty well screwed.

Nah.. the only thing that really matters is that you're level 5 so you can participate in the community votes (to get summer sale cards). For booster packs, you've got a decent chance at getting them no matter what level you're at.

#11870 imac2much   The Angry Baker CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

I broke down and purchased Euro Truck Sim 2... my first simulator game ever!  I have to say that the trailer video on the Steam page is probably one of the strangest juxtapositions of licensed song and gameplay trailer that I've ever viewed...

#11871 Proto Man   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Proto Man

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

I missed the Blood Dragon Flash Sale and am tempted by the $8.99 Daily Deal.  Think it'll show up on a Flash Sale again towards the end?

#11872 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2621 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

I was going to make fun of you guys for playing a truck driving sim but then realized that I put a large amount of time into what is essentially just a spreadsheet simulator (Football manager).

#11873 imac2much   The Angry Baker CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

I missed the Blood Dragon Flash Sale and am tempted by the $8.99 Daily Deal.  Think it'll show up on a Flash Sale again towards the end?

If Far Cry appears as a Flash Sale again, it will be the same price as the Daily Deal.  As far as I can see, I have not seen any price differences between dailies, flash and community votes this sale (or rarely ever).  The only reason Blood Dragon was cheaper earlier was because of a price glitch which will probably not happen again.

#11874 Proto Man   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Proto Man

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

If Far Cry appears as a Flash Sale again, it will be the same price as the Daily Deal.  As far as I can see, I have not seen any price differences between dailies, flash and community votes this sale (or rarely ever).  The only reason Blood Dragon was cheaper earlier was because of a price glitch which will probably not happen again.

The $6.74 Flash Sale was a glitch?

#11875 awestover89   So Much Backlog CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

awestover89

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

There's normally an encore on the last day. I'd wait

#11876 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1378 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Borderlands 2 is one of the few games that I have broken my general rule of get the game for $10 or under for the whole game i.e. GOTY. I did buy the base game for under $10. I bought Mechro and Psycho packs as well as season pass during this summer sale. So far, still under $20, which I do not think is bad considering all of the content.
I read yesterday that they would be announcing more content and thought "ok". I am not sure if more characters are another season pass. However, this game has proven that people want to play more. Other developers are paying attention to this as this proves that when you offer more gameplay and characters that actually equate to more gameplay (not get a skin and not just 30 minutes for a DLC) then people are interested. I think that borderlands 2 being a game where co op play shines definitely helps.

It's addicting, and the writing is just plain great.

(Holler for item trades or future co-op :p)

#11877 imac2much   The Angry Baker CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

The $6.74 Flash Sale was a glitch?

Yeah, I believe it was stacking the normal 15% discount with the flash sale 40% discount, which resulted in a 55% discount... $15 - 55% discount = $6.75.  I doubt that will happen again because it was fixed before the flash sale was over, so it was clearly a glitch.  (I know because I went back to go buy it and it was back up to $15 - 40% discount = $9)

#11878 EarthBoundX5   Chef Jesus CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

EarthBoundX5

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

This is pretty much sums up The War Z...
http://steamcommunit...s/?id=161775174

I got an ouya from kickstarter but the firmware was so slow and laggy and the games so mindless that I sold it on ebay.

Sounds like someone didn't know to wait till retail released firmware.

Wow, why am I venting about a niche console in the steam thread?

Because this is the CAG Steam thread, anything goes until I come in and everyone yells at me, lmao

Well technically the ouya will display on an LCD monitor so long it has an HDMI input or you have an HDMI to whatever converter.

Tried this a while back, ended in poor results. Was probably just the monitor, but still...

Does the Ouya emulate better than a PC? Is it safer or anything else? I have never gotten into emulation before and was very interested when I found out the Ouya can do N64 and PS1 supposedly well.

OUYA is just FINE for emulation. Its definitely not going to beat PC, unless your PC is utter garbage, but it definitely fits as a simple and compact device for quick couch emulating fun.

PC is still better. With the right PC you can emulate Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP and even Gamecube/Wii.

Sega Saturn and PSP will definitely be on the OUYA soon, Gamecube might even land on it possibly, as there is a WIP Dolphin emulator for Android...but the fact it doesn't like Tegra 3 is not a good sign. As for PS2 and Wii, I doubt we will ever see those.

And to mods, this post does not condone the use of emulation for illegal purposes.

Slightly off topic (I know, rare for the Steam thread), but as seeing some of you like Alice and some of you like American McGee, I thought this might be of interest and I haven't seen it mentioned:

Alice: Otherlands - film shorts to feature length film?

Hmm, neat, relating to OUYA (and PC + others as well), check this out...

http://forums.ouya.t...ect-unity-alice
http://forum.unityalice.com/

#11879 Proto Man   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Proto Man

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, I believe it was stacking the normal 15% discount with the flash sale 40% discount, which resulted in a 55% discount... $15 - 55% discount = $6.75.  I doubt that will happen again because it was fixed before the flash sale was over, so it was clearly a glitch.  (I know because I went back to go buy it and it was back up to $15 - 40% discount = $9)

Ah ok, yeah, if it was a glitch and this is as cheap as it'll get at this point, no use in waiting.  Thanks!

I've done pretty well for myself this sale.  Picked up the following:

Castle Crashers 4 pack (I have for 360, but can play with friends easier this way)

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate

Ace of Spades (gift from a friend)

Poker Night 2

Primal Carnage (gift from a friend)

Rayman Origins

I'm looking forward to the next sale for a deal on Deadpool and hopefully Skyrim Legendary being cheaper ($20 mark sounds about right for my tastes, I'm in no rush).

#11880 jester55   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

After receiving roughly 150 cards, I finally have my first foil. Yes I know that is a lot - I have a massive backlog. Anyway, I dont know what to list it at. There is no price history yet and there are only two listed. One for $9 and one for $22. Anyone have any suggestions what to start it at? I would like to bank a few more funds for more games....