- - - - -

PSN Card Sale | $9.50 for $10, $18.50 for $20, and $45 for $50

#31 gossamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

gossamer

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

can you use reward zone certificates to buy these?

Yes, you should be able to.

Of course I just picked up a $50 with the triple points for silver last weekend. Maybe I'll get another.

#32 Cibello20   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Cibello20

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

WTF. I literally just bought $340 worth of PSN cards from BB a week ago. Then they offer double RZ points last weekend, now this. :-/

Everyone on here should have "Gamers Club" activated on their Reward Zone account. It's free, and you get 2x Points on all Video Game purchases, including PSN cards(minus any amount you paid using gift cards or RZ certs).

#33 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

The best way to get PSN cards is to flip hands down. This is a decent deal though and I have a $5 cert so I'll grab at least something. Thanks OP. Hopefully we see more of these card deals in the future.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#34 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   918 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Freaking Best Buy. Stop saying stuff has "free shipping" on items that don't allow shipping. Sigh.

This.

Frustrating!
Posted Image

#35 zerobscure   CAG in Training CAG in Training   39 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

zerobscure

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Checkin target later if they'll PM. Ive got $30 worth of GC, if my catculations are right, i could get a $50 psn for $15+ tax. Cheapass deal indeed.

#36 kburns10   You Gots to Chill CAGiversary!   1690 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

If you go pick these up in store versus loading money online to your account, consider your lost gas expense for making that drive. I doubt this would still be a deal.

I happen to live almost across the street from one. I imagine some people make the trip as it is on the way home from work or if they are already out that way. Either way, gas is already factored into my budget as a necessity so this doesn't affect the deal,

sv6pdu.jpg

#37 shingletingle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

shingletingle

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

WTF. I literally just bought $340 worth of PSN cards from BB a week ago. Then they offer double RZ points last weekend, now this. :-/

What's the difference between "literally" buying $340 worth of PSN cards and just buying $340 worth of PSN cards?

#38 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16696 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Is there any reason at all this wouldn't fall in to the new price match policy? Less than 15 days, price drop from best buy. Should be fixable I would think.

MildObstruction.png

#39 thesuzukimethod   i am a cracked machine. CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

thesuzukimethod

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

If you go pick these up in store versus loading money online to your account, consider your lost gas expense for making that drive. I doubt this would still be a deal.

in short, i work on the road right now, want funds for vita game downloads, drive by best buys, have no place to easily ship anything, and my gas is covered by work.

#40 cagfansub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

cagfansub

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Remember, Best Buy DOES NOT allow returns on this eventho you don't use it nor have scratch off his hidden code on the back on the card. So, as long this has no expiration, it is good to buy some at discount rate. $50 is the best deal for $45 each.

#41 Psychonik   Psychomancer CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Psychonik

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

hmm I have 20$ in reward zone certificates that have to be used by July a $50 one for 25$ is tempting

#42 ZildjianKX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

ZildjianKX

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

hmm I have 20$ in reward zone certificates that have to be used by July a $50 one for 25$ is tempting

If you live in a state with sales tax, I suggest not using reward zone certificates on PSN cards. PSN cards are tax free (at least in my state), and a reward zone certificate is considered a store coupon, so the discounted amount is not taxed. So if you use a $5 reward zone certificate on a $50 game, only $45 of it is taxable.

#43 Psychonik   Psychomancer CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Psychonik

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

oh nevermind they aren't shipping them anymore goddamn assholes.

#44 Psychonik   Psychomancer CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Psychonik

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

thanks for the heads up ZildjianKX I never thought of that PSN cards are indeed tax free in my state I added a $20 one to my cart. Not sure how great a deal this is for me since I use my Playstation card to get 10 points for every dollar I spend on PSN.

#45 Psychonik   Psychomancer CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Psychonik

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

So if I buy a $20 card for 18.5 I'll get 46 reward zone points still on the fence. I did order the new Daft Punk CD there's a $2 off coupon to use today promo code DAFTPUNKSAVE2BBY. Got it for 8 and some change dwaM!!!

#46 eLefAdEr   All Systems Go CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

Anyone with the Playstation credit card know off the top of their head if this qualifies for the 10x points? I'm assuming it does not and it's just the 3x points with submission of the bonus points form. I'm pretty sure this is the better deal coupled with the RZ program. Will probably grab a $20 card in a bit.

eLefAdEr.png

#47 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16696 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

for anyone wondering, I watched the store pickup procedure today and when they scan the pick up slip or whatever they have to activate the psn card before proceeding. so for those of you that have had issues with unactivated psn cards on pickup, they may have corrected the issue.

MildObstruction.png

#48 kburns10   You Gots to Chill CAGiversary!   1690 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Great for you and those with one along their commute. Others, many on here seen in ymmv threads, travel great distances for small bargains and it was meant to remind them.

Sam's Club always offers these deals on PSN cards for those who are members and didn't know.

Wasn't aware Sams Club did that. Same discount price?

#49 kburns10   You Gots to Chill CAGiversary!   1690 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

So if I buy a $20 card for 18.5 I'll get 46 reward zone points still on the fence. I did order the new Daft Punk CD there's a $2 off coupon to use today promo code DAFTPUNKSAVE2BBY. Got it for 8 and some change dwaM!!!

How did you find that?! I'm gonna check the cd out on Spotify but I might just use that code and get that too! Thanks :D

#50 eLefAdEr   All Systems Go CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Looks like I'll be trying out the SR bonus points form, will be experimenting with submitting two requests in the same envelope.

$20 goes pretty far on PSN, now I'll just need to clear some room on the HDD or finally install that new one I've been putting off.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

eLefAdEr.png

#51 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11121 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Set a few $50 cards for instore pick-up, glad I waited to purchase the sleeping dogs DLC.

Guardian_owl.png

#52 cagfansub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

cagfansub

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

If you live in a state with sales tax, I suggest not using reward zone certificates on PSN cards. PSN cards are tax free (at least in my state), and a reward zone certificate is considered a store coupon, so the discounted amount is not taxed. So if you use a $5 reward zone certificate on a $50 game, only $45 of it is taxable.

I think all PSN cards are tax free regardless because it isn't fair to pay tax on them because they're just like a physical store gift cards or digital wallet. When you use the gift card to pay for real items, you're taxed again.

#53 cagfansub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

cagfansub

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Set a few $50 cards for instore pick-up, glad I waited to purchase the sleeping dogs DLC.

Isn't Sleeping Dogs now free on PS+? I think the DLCs are all included as well.

#54 cagfansub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

cagfansub

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Wasn't aware Sams Club did that. Same discount price?

Sams club discounts aren't that much.. they're like 5% off not 10% deal like BestBuy.

#55 BooFoo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

Anyone with the Playstation credit card know off the top of their head if this qualifies for the 10x points? I'm assuming it does not and it's just the 3x points with submission of the bonus points form. I'm pretty sure this is the better deal coupled with the RZ program. Will probably grab a $20 card in a bit.

You only get 10x points if you use your psn credit card at psn store. I'm not sure about the 3x points with submission. I always thought you do the bonus form if you bought something from a sony store vendor.

#56 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1663 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Isn't Sleeping Dogs now free on PS+? I think the DLCs are all included as well.

Only a few cheap DLC's are included.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#57 sgand  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

You only get 10x points if you use your psn credit card at psn store. I'm not sure about the 3x points with submission. I always thought you do the bonus form if you bought something from a sony store vendor.

That was a major reason why I applied for the card. I tried using it the other day, and it wouldn't accept it, saying there was an error. Good thing I have this card that gets me 10x points. :censored:

#58 The_cheapest_Daddy   Platinum Hunter CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

The_cheapest_Daddy

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

So when does this rare deal end?
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Pokémon shuffle
:wiiu: On its death bed :(

#59 tham1988   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

bought a second card for a $100 total
should get me through the summer
first stop - call of juarez: gunslinger
and still waiting for an okami deal (it came out way too long ago to pay full price now)

#60 thesuzukimethod   i am a cracked machine. CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

thesuzukimethod

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

okami HD - so good!

(but especially since it's been free in Europe on ps+...i suspect it will be coming to us at some point?) i bought it day 1 (re)release.

also, ran by in-store on the way home...prices marked as normal.