*Dead* Nintendo 3DS Midnight Purple + NSMB 2 + Super Mario 3D Land $169.99 @ Newegg

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1307660

Title says it all. *Add to cart to see everything* ;)

neweggcomshoppingcart20.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that's tempting. Sadly, I don't need another system (my DS Lite doesn't get enough love as is) and I've heard the 3DS XL is worth the price of the upgrade. Still... that's tempting.

Nice combo package of first party titles for the amazing prive. Sadly I have those games and I upgraded to the XL

i feel like im the only person in the world that likes the original 3ds more than the xl. i sold my xl days after "upgrading"

[quote name='Edzo04']i feel like im the only person in the world that likes the original 3ds more than the xl. i sold my xl days after "upgrading"[/QUOTE]

not a big fan of the xl either. the original is cheaper too... and man that purple color :applause:

Great deal.. comes out to be $89 for a 3DS if you subtract the game values (each $40).

At this point though I dont see why anyone gets 3DS, XL is the way to go.

Damnit. I just bought a purple 3ds a few weeks ago from Best buy. Oh well, I already have a 3DS backlog anyway, guess it was best I didn't get this.

Only 1 game now :(!!

I would've jumped on this deal SO @!(#$!@#*@(!#ING HARD!

I've been wanting a 3DS for a good price forever now :(!

I'll keep looking >_>

EDIT: AHH NEVERMIND! :D It's all of em when you add to the cart!

What's the consensus on whether to expect a hardware revision in the near future with the second analog stick built in?

[quote name='11440']What's the consensus on whether to expect a hardware revision in the near future with the second analog stick built in?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo has come out on record and said they are happy with the current design. I wouldnt expect a redesign for at least a few years if ever.

They wont re-release it with dual sticks because that would split the userbase/games. Nintendo and others do a great job with making all of their games play perfectly without the second stick.. its not needed, but if you want it just buy the addon for 19.99$. There are very few games that support it anyways.

Anyone on the fence should definitely pick this up! I have both a 3DS and 3DSXL. They both have their pros and cons, but both of mine get plenty of use. This is great deal and that purple color is awesome.

[quote name='Edzo04']i feel like im the only person in the world that likes the original 3ds more than the xl. i sold my xl days after "upgrading"[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I own both a standard and an XL and to me both are flawed so it's silly to say the XL is that much better. It would be like someone trying to convince me that a 10" tablet is better then a 7" or a 17" laptop is better then a 13". Certainly there are reasons to go bigger but not just because it's "bigger".

I like the smaller design because it is.... smaller. To me the quality of the screens isn't night and day like others have mentioned and the both only... have... one... joystick.

Also the standard XL's are FUGLY (color scheme).

[quote name='GBAstar']I agree with you. I own both a standard and an XL and to me both are flawed so it's silly to say the XL is that much better. It would be like someone trying to convince me that a 10" tablet is better then a 7" or a 17" laptop is better then a 13". Certainly there are reasons to go bigger but not just because it's "bigger".

I like the smaller design because it is.... smaller. To me the quality of the screens isn't night and day like others have mentioned and the both only... have... one... joystick.

Also the standard XL's are FUGLY (color scheme).[/QUOTE]

I thought they were fugly, ended up getting the blue/black and its actually not bad at all... its all blue from the outside...

placed an order for the 3ds and new super mario and super mario 3ds

they canceled the 3ds and new super mario 2 and said they were out of stock but charged me $37.99 for the "free" super mario game

[quote name='jrr6415sun']placed an order for the 3ds and new super mario and super mario 3ds

they canceled the 3ds and new super mario 2 and said they were out of stock but charged me $37.99 for the "free" super mario game[/QUOTE]

My order seems to have completely gone through :O

I bit the bullet lol...

I don't mind the original. I just had problems playing for more then an hour as my hand would cramp up during Luigi's Mansion or Monster Hunter. I just find the XL more comfortable when playing for long durations and the viewing angle to see the 3D is 100 times better. Otherwise the original is the way to go if you don't play for long periods of time.

[quote name='NinjaGuerra']Help me decide before it goes OOS! D:

I've always wanted the XL, but this deal seems really great >_

Wow I can't believe I missed this! What a deal. I want an XL but the only regular system I'd take is the purple, it's gorgeous!

Still holding out hope for a purple XL. Yeah, I know, silly, but if I'm gonna be staring at it while playing a game it may as well appeal to my tastes.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Still holding out hope for a purple XL. Yeah, I know, silly, but if I'm gonna be staring at it while playing a game it may as well appeal to my tastes.[/QUOTE]

The thing about that is, while you're actually playing a game, you won't see the color purple. You'll see the inside of the 3DS XL which is black. Only time you'll really notice the color of the 3DS XL is when it's closed.

[quote name='Spuratis']The thing about that is, while you're actually playing a game, you won't see the color purple. You'll see the inside of the 3DS XL which is black. Only time you'll really notice the color of the 3DS XL is when it's closed.[/QUOTE]

Why does Nintendo insist on making the interior of the XL's black while the original 3DS got the color treatment on the inside as well?

[quote name='GBAstar']Why does Nintendo insist on making the interior of the XL's black while the original 3DS got the color treatment on the inside as well?[/QUOTE]

im assuming its because black borders are used frequently around displays to make images "pop."

I'm pretty excited that I didn't miss this deal :D

and I doubt you guys will approve but im gonna go return all of it to walmart and upgrade to an XL + MH3U

xD

[quote name='NinjaGuerra']im assuming its because black borders are used frequently around displays to make images "pop."

I'm pretty excited that I didn't miss this deal :D

and I doubt you guys will approve but im gonna go return all of it to walmart and upgrade to an XL + MH3U

xD[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that bro they track consoles by serial number. FAIL. XD

I ordered it when NSMB2 was still going for free. Today I get an email saying it was backordered and they were going to refund me the cost of the game (they took it as 2 separate orders when you ordered). What im confused by is in my official invoice the final total is minus the $38 and then minus an extra $10. Was that them being nice because of the backorder? Basically my order looks like this:
3DS: $169.99
Combo discount ($10.00)
Autoadd discount ($37.99)
Tax: 9.15
TOTAL: 131.15
That's just for the combo and NSMB2 got charged but they said they would be refunding the $40 so maybe I got lucky and got it cheaper w/out having to get the 2 games? I sure hope I get the refund. I still want to get NSMB2 elsewhere for my gf.

[quote name='HitmanPham']Good luck with that bro they track consoles by serial number. FAIL. XD[/QUOTE]

I traded the two games for fire emblem and monster hunter >:O!

I wasn't able to get store credit but they did let me exchange for a black 3DS :D

[quote name='Gamer SDP']how do people get away with all this return/exchange stuff?[/QUOTE]

lie there asses off Little do they know the stores track them

bread's done
Back