Bestbuy select two games , ( deal is dead)

[quote name='TheEliminator62']Seems like a rip off for the majority of those games[/QUOTE]

Yup, most of these are 39.99 or less.

[quote name='Romeo']Is it possible this is in store and you can PM and get the gift card?[/QUOTE]

You can price match online, just have to call up.

[quote name='Link2999']You can price match online, just have to call up.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried? I was contemplating doing the same thing but have not yet.

Just sayin', if this is in store, last year I price matched a copy of Paper Mario: stick Story and Super Mario Brothers 2 at a target price when they were also giving 10 bucks off at best buy if you bought a combination of the two. So instead of paying I think it was 40 for both, I ended up paying 30. So it might work, though that was a really busy time.

[quote name='bgame2']Have you tried? I was contemplating doing the same thing but have not yet.[/QUOTE]

The games I want I already have. I've price matched online before though.

Edit: You may have better luck if you place the order first and then request a price match on it. That way the CSR won't have to add the promotion to your order.

[quote name='sninh']I might try to pm gamestop's $40 price on bioshock later and see if it works[/QUOTE]
amazon might be a better option, because gamestop is not on their official list of compeitiors, when its comes to pricematch.

For ANYONE trying to pm, it work's best with a phone rep, place your order as usual with the two games that you pmed, then also add the giftcard by giving them the sku 8234047.
Where to pm and what games are as follow's.

From Gamestop:
Bioshock $39.99
FiFA 13 $39.99

From Target:
Gears of War Judgment $39.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 $39.99
Far Cry 3 $29.99

Amazon:
Dead Space 3 $29.99
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hemi']For ANYONE trying to pm, it work's best with a phone rep, place your order as usual with the two games that you pmed, then also add the giftcard by giving them the sku 8234047.
Where to pm and what games are as follow's.

From Gamestop:
Dead Space 3 $39.99
Bioshock $39.99
FiFA 13 $39.99

From Target:
Gears of War Judgment $39.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 $39.99
Far Cry 3 $29.99[/QUOTE]
all those games u listed are the same price at amazon. It is much easier just pricematching amazon, because it is listed as one of the sites on their price matching policy

[quote name='mikepeluso']Has anyone made this deal with price match happen yet?[/QUOTE]

Back in I beleive, December? They had an almost identical deal, in store it was sorta 50/50 a manager might say one or the other on the pm or the gift card, but sometimes the computer prompted it on it's own etc. But over the phone it's much easier, you can call back if for whatever reason a rep shoots you down, and they are pretty quick on looking up the price for a pm, also you won't have four people in line behind you waiting for 20 minutes shooting dagger's at you.

I used to work there a couple of months ago and if I recall the system still prompts for the issuance of a gift card, even if price matched. With deals like this the register should prompt when going to the tendering screen. I recall buying Hitman Absolution during a sale that involved a ~$15 gift card and price matched it to ToysRUs and the prompt still showing up.

[quote name='Hemi']Back in I beleive, December? They had an almost identical deal, in store it was sorta 50/50 a manager might say one or the other on the pm or the gift card, but sometimes the computer prompted it on it's own etc. But over the phone it's much easier, you can call back if for whatever reason a rep shoots you down, and they are pretty quick on looking up the price for a pm, also you won't have four people in line behind you waiting for 20 minutes shooting dagger's at you.[/QUOTE]

I know back in December I got shot down like 3 time before I got the promo.So your saying calling is the easier/better option than in store

[quote name='SMBScooby']If you do it in store the computer doesn't let you double dip. If you are lucky you might get a Manager to overlook it.[/QUOTE]

The system lets you double dip on certain things. The price match/override system is separate from bogo/b2g1/gift card promos as the former is manually done and the latter is automated with a prompt. It doesn't allow two automated/prompted promotions to pop up and will pick the best deal of the two if both are present.

Edit: Upon revisiting the store today, it seems the automated process is a tad revamped for this particular gift card promotion in that it issues the gift card while tendering as opposed to right before.

Is it going too far if I try to PM Far Cry 3 for $29.99 and GOW:Judgement for $39.99 and also get the $25 gift card?

I ask because I have like $20 in RZ points :D

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Is it going too far if I try to PM Far Cry 3 for $29.99 and GOW:Judgement for $39.99 and also get the $25 gift card?

I ask because I have like $20 in RZ points :D[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna try for Far Cry 3 $29.99 and Dead Space 3 $29.99 with gift card.

[quote name='mikepeluso']I'm gonna try for Far Cry 3 $29.99 and Dead Space 3 $29.99 with gift card.[/QUOTE]

Please let me know how it goes. PM me if you have to.

I'm thinking about trying to PM online and if I get denied just hang up and try a different rep until I get it.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Please let me know how it goes. PM me if you have to.

I'm thinking about trying to PM online and if I get denied just hang up and try a different rep until I get it.[/QUOTE]
I am going to a store right now and if I get shot down I will probably make a last attempt by calling.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Please let me know how it goes. PM me if you have to.

I'm thinking about trying to PM online and if I get denied just hang up and try a different rep until I get it.[/QUOTE]

That's how to do it :)

I've never tried PMing over the phone. How do you know you're getting the giftcard if they price adjust it? Does the rep have access to your cart or something and directly changes the price?

Went in earlier today and I can confirm that it does, indeed, allow you to PM the games and still receive the $25 gift card.

Pm.jpg

2Q==

if you are going to try pm, and getting the gift card in store . you might want to do it fast, before they pull the offer, or catches on

i price matched far cry 3 and dead space 3 in store for $29.99 and I got the $25 gift card. Basically got each game for $17.50 each plus tax. I didn't even know about this deal I was really surprised when I got it. The cashier said it was just a bonus for my account because i've been such a good customer? i think he didn't know what he was talking about.

Can this be done more than once per account?

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i price matched far cry 3 and dead space 3 in store for $29.99 and I got the $25 gift card. Basically got each game for $17.50 each plus tax. I didn't even know about this deal I was really surprised when I got it. The cashier said it was just a bonus for my account because i've been such a good customer? i think he didn't know what he was talking about.

Can this be done more than once per account?[/QUOTE]

Got the same 2 games. It has nothing to do with your RZ account (AFAIK), so you can do it multiple times. If there was a larger list or more games, I would definitely go back.

[quote name='aircobra']Got the same 2 games. It has nothing to do with your RZ account (AFAIK), so you can do it multiple times. If there was a larger list or more games, I would definitely go back.[/QUOTE]

Right, it has nothing to do with RZ. In the pic posted above there is no RZ even linked to the transaction.

Considering price matching Gears Judgment for $39.99 and Tiger Woods 14 for $39.99 but I feel like both will be a lot cheaper soon. The $25 gift card makes it tempting though.

Ended up picking both up. Price match and gift card worked together without a single problem, as expected. Might try to sell Gears for more than $40 since it is one of the copies that comes with the download code for the original Gears of War.

If you get shot down over the phone, CALL BACK, also yes they do have access to your cart, if you ever bought anything on the site before it's as simple as giving them your phone number, name, and email address, and sometimes confirming your shipping address. It show's up in your order history and everything.

bread's done
Back