Upgrading to GS3 on Verizon, question

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
My phone is nearly at it's end and I'm looking to upgrade. Currently with Verizon and noticed Best Buy is selling the GS3 for $50 with a 2 year agreement. I still want to stick with Verizon.

Only downside is I'll lose my unlimited data plan by upgrading, but I rarely ever use over a gb a month. I've talked to a lot of people and read reviews saying that the GS3 is highly worth it. Should I jump on this deal or wait until Sunday. My thinking is it's Memorial Day and someone could offer it free with a contract. Any opinions? Thanks guys.

well the gs4 just came out so thats why its discounted. I have the GS3 and love it. The only thing I found negative about it is the battery life. It sucks. But I do use wi-fi when im at home. 2 gb will be the new limit if you renew your contract and if you pay attention to it you'll be alright. I think you can set a limit on the phone so you cant go over. For $50, it's a kick ass phone plus, I read on droid-life.com that there will be a firmware update for it which will give it a lot of the gs4 features.

I'd also suggest getting an Otterbox case for it or something comparable.

Lastly, if you have any video games that you want to trade-in that would bring that total price down even more.

[quote name='brutushayesosu']well the gs4 just came out so thats why its discounted. I have the GS3 and love it. The only thing I found negative about it is the battery life. It sucks. But I do use wi-fi when im at home. 2 gb will be the new limit if you renew your contract and if you pay attention to it you'll be alright. I think you can set a limit on the phone so you cant go over. For $50, it's a kick ass phone plus, I read on droid-life.com that there will be a firmware update for it which will give it a lot of the gs4 features.

I'd also suggest getting an Otterbox case for it or something comparable.

Lastly, if you have any video games that you want to trade-in that would bring that total price down even more.[/QUOTE]

The data I'm not too concerned. I use wifi at home also.
Battery has been a huge problem with my phone. How bad is it? Can you go a full day without it dying?

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']The data I'm not too concerned. I use wifi at home also.
Battery has been a huge problem with my phone. How bad is it? Can you go a full day without it dying?[/QUOTE]

I usually hit 15% when Im about to go to bed around 11pm-1130pm. I get up at 630am. I use my phone a ton during the day. So, yeah it shouldn't die in the middle of the day or anything.

Theres also the extended battery route

Get the S4, its well worth the extra money ($100) and you will make more reselling it in 2 yrs... also its gonna be future-proof bc it will be able to run on Verizon's new network down the road, plus who doesn't like changing their TV channels with their phone :)

bread's done
Back