3DS Price Drop?

eldergamer

CAGiversary!
Does anyone have any inside information or know if there is going to be a price drop on the 3DS (either XL or standard) around E3 time?

When the hell is E3 anyway?

Anyway, Target has the 3DS XL on sale for $174 this week and I was hesitant about picking it up if it was just going to drop lower in the next few months.

[quote name='eldergamer']Does anyone have any inside information or know if there is going to be a price drop on the 3DS (either XL or standard) around E3 time?

When the hell is E3 anyway?

Anyway, Target has the 3DS XL on sale for $174 this week and I was hesitant about picking it up if it was just going to drop lower in the next few months.[/QUOTE]

e3 is week of june 10th

I don't see a price drop anytime soon. The 3DS is already having a great year in sales and judging by the release schedule for the the rest of the year, the 3DS could end up having one of the greatest years ever for a single console/handheld.

Long story short, there is no need for a price drop right now, maybe in 2014.

I highly doubt the 3DS would have a price drop at this point.

The system is pumping games left and right and outselling the Vita easily.

If the Vita were to announce a new model and a price drop this might pressure on Nintendo but at this time Nintendo doesn't need to price drop any time soon.

Target had the XL on sale for $159 back in March - that's the lowest I've ever seen it. There are so many high quality games releasing this summer like Donkey Kong 3D, Animal Crossing, Project X Zone, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, plus the eShop, that I say go ahead and get it now or else you'll have a backlog that goes back years. It's not like the XL is going to be reduced to $99 or something ridiculously low.

This system is pretty cheap now, I really don't see them releasing one with a second analog stick, if they did that then they would have done it with the XL. There aren't very many games that use it extensively anyways. Besides they have the circle pad and the circle pad pro already, so the solution is there. I don't see this having a price drop anytime soon, but retailer sales seem to be abound.

I don't think people are holding off on buying one because they think it will come out with a second analog stick, having another SKU at this point would just confuse consumers as well.

bread's done
Back