Rocko's Modern Life: The Complete Series (DVD) - $14.99 at Amazon/Best Buy

They used to be on Netflix, where I watched 2 eps and liked them enough, but now Netflix ended their contract with Nickelodeon, so this and all other Nick shows are gone now :(

Netflix will eventually be picking up individual shows from Nick rather than their entire catalog. So stuff like Spongebob, and Avatar should be back, but I'm not sure about Rocko.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episodes are not uncut, but If Shout couldn't get uncut out of them I highly doubt it will ever be released in the future. $15 is a phenomenal price for 4 seasons.

Glad I got mine at full price just because of the signed print (which is currently at the framer's :D ), but this is an awesome deal for anyone who just wants the show.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Episodes are not uncut, but If Shout couldn't get uncut out of them I highly doubt it will ever be released in the future. $15 is a phenomenal price for 4 seasons.[/QUOTE]

What's the deal with this? Are the uncensored versions lost, or are Nickelodeon just being assholes? Either way I'm skipping it... :roll:

[quote name='takotchi']What's the deal with this? Are the uncensored versions lost, or are Nickelodeon just being assholes? Either way I'm skipping it... :roll:[/QUOTE]
A combination of them perhaps being lost as some in the 90's did clip the masters instead of a copy, but most likely it is to protect their family friendly imagesince the release is Nickelodeon-branded.

I already have the individual Season 1-3 sets but with no sign of Season 4 being released individually anytime soon and the series' recent removal from Netflix, I'm in!

I just finished the series (watching a few eps per week for the last few months). Man, I forgot how much of a freeloading douche Heffer was.

I wish there were more extras, but the live reading of Wacky Deli was fucking great.

[quote name='takotchi']What's the deal with this? Are the uncensored versions lost, or are Nickelodeon just being assholes? Either way I'm skipping it... :roll:[/QUOTE]

The uncensored versions are lost, Viacom physically edited the master tapes. Same thing happened to Ren and Stimpy and Beavis and Butthead.

Hmm, is this a temporary sale or a price drop? Definitely interested but will hold off for a bit if I can (I bought bootleg copies of the show years before they started releasing the official DVDs, just been waiting for the right time to upgrade).

[quote name='ssjmichael']Likely a temporary sale.[/QUOTE]

Better safe than sorry, I ordered from Amazon (BB looks to be sold out online and won't allow me to search for stores).

There's not TOO much that's really cut out of this show. It's not quite like Ren & Stimpy where you can find minutes to episodes' worth of cut material. At the most, I think there's one episode they didn't air for a while but started airing again. I don't know if it's on this set, though.

Okay, so I'm about to show my ignorance. I have never seen a second of this series yet am intrigued given all the comments everywhere along with the low price. I have a six year old son who I'm trying to expose to only quality stuff and nothing too crude or offensive (yet). Is this similar to Ren and Stimpy and Spongebob?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Okay, so I'm about to show my ignorance. I have never seen a second of this series yet am intrigued given all the comments everywhere along with the low price. I have a six year old son who I'm trying to expose to only quality stuff and nothing too crude or offensive (yet). Is this similar to Ren and Stimpy and Spongebob?[/QUOTE]

There is some crudeness in there. If I had to imagine a continuum from Ren and Stimpy to Spongebob, I would say it a little left of center towards Spongebob. But definitely an awesome show and enjoyable for kids and adults.

bread's done
Back