The Official CAG June 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I left the stickers on the Eureka Sevens because I didn't think anyone would believe me...

o_O A GameStop that still sells DVDs?

And I am the one who managed to get Lucky Star and two Johto Journies volumes for under $5 each, so I know how you feel.

Well those aren't Gamestop tags on the Eureka collections, but the Powerstone is from Gamestop. And I believe my Gamestop does have a small bin of blurays and dvds.

umDMYDO.jpg

Todays Pickups all from gamestop

Guy was trying to trade this in to Gamestop, but they refused because it was still sealed, so I stopped the guy at the door and asked how much he wanted, and he said how about $10, and I said sold! ^__^

photo1io.jpg

photo2pho.jpg

photo3qgq.jpg

[quote name='Squarehard']Guy was trying to trade this in to Gamestop, but they refused because it was still sealed, so I stopped the guy at the door and asked how much he wanted, and he said how about $10, and I said sold! ^__^

photo1io.jpg

photo2pho.jpg

photo3qgq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

awesome find awesome game i still have my original copy

[quote name='wiggyx']What a dufus. Why didn't he just "unseal" it? Derp.[/QUOTE]

He actually asked him if he could just open it, but they were still like nope, but hey, you don't see me complaining about GS wonky ass policies with sealed games. Not this time at least. ;D

[quote name='KillerRamen']He did better selling it. Heck, I didn't even know Gamestop still took PS2 trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

They officially stopped yesterday actually.

All from gamestop, traded in 7 games (first time in ages, thought I'd stopped for good) and still had $6.50 left somehow:

Bioshock was $30 after coupons, everything else came to $32 with B2G1 for renewing my PUR. Not sure it was the best deal, but I have really been wanting all of these, so I was alright spending a little more than I might have had to;)

Took my usual Sunday trip and found a few things. First up was the Flea Market and picked up these 3 snes games for $5 a piece. The games are Gunforce, Blazeon, and U.N. Squadron.

jxlKC85.jpg

I also like to roam through the local thrift shops and found something of note for once. I don't really know my Commodore 64 games all too well and just went with what looked semi valuable, they had a ton all complete in these Record LP style cases. Turns out that Wasteland is about a $60 game or so and best part of all they only cost me $2.98 each. I feel like I should just start collecting this stuff as I have found a ton of old PC Big Box and Commordore stuff for cheap in the area.
zLdAePZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wiggyx']You find the best shit at flea markets/yard sales/etc. I hate you!

Good pickups, totally jelly.[/QUOTE]

It kind of surprises me too. I barely even get to yard sales. Just lucky im in the Buffalo, NY area I suppose. A lot of stuff hidden deep in the depths of the Flea Market there.

First Pick Up of the Month for me. Got them at my Church Rummage Sale. Mildly surprised to find Games; never found them in the other years I attended. Got them for $1 a piece. All are complete except for Gears of War 2. Didn't have a manual.

Received these on Monday:

20130605_105942-1.jpg

The latter I got for $12.50. The former I play for the articles.

20130605_110051-1.jpg

Got 5 of these for $10 each. Thank you, Target, for giving me awesome eBay fodder.

Q73yrx2.jpg

Got this bad boy in while CAG was getting updated. Slowly getting my TG-16 games that I've been wanting. Not the cheapest system to collect for though. This one ran me $36.99. I also just purchased one of the last games I really want for the Genesis. Only cost me $50 which for it's current scarcity and lack of appearances is pretty good. I'll reveal it when I get it in but I'm sure a few people may have an idea as not too many games run that high.

8964587268_4b77819937_z.jpg

just got back from gamestop got Xenoblade!

slight funny thing the package is from the eruopean ver. but the disk is the us ver. it works on  my wii no problem.

yep still new. I just like artwork better. at least it wasn't the German ver. with it's large rating icon, shrudders.

Received these on Monday:
20130605_105942-1.jpg

The latter I got for $12.50. The former I play for the articles.

20130605_110051-1.jpg
Got 5 of these for $10 each. Thank you, Target, for giving me awesome eBay fodder.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/cop321/m.html?item=200922311387&rt=nc&nma=true&pt=Video_Games_Games&si=M19stnsHmvrXpqexuo7bByKVdc0%253D&orig_cvip=true&hash=item2ec7e72adb&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Boy, you sell a lot of cartoons/anime.
Most of the stuff I watch beforehand, so yea, lots of cartoons and anime. They take up 90% of my collection. Only live action TV series I own are Chuck, Sports Night, A-Team, Power Rangers, and 30 Rock. And Smallville, but I will likely be selling that whenever I get around to watching it.

Ended up heading up a pawn shop yesterday that has lowered a lot of prices. Picked up Luigis Mansion (GC) & Kirby's Air Ride (GC) for $5 each.

Nothing too much today. Just got Crusader of Centy in for my Genesis and Magic Sword for the SNES. Centy was one of the last games that I feel like I have to own for the Genesis. Sure theres a few left that I'll buy but nothing strikes me as must own anymore. Already got most of the big money stuff like Centy, Musha, Warsong, Grindstormer, etc, and Magic Sword just looked fun so I bought it.

qV9kiao.jpg

Why can I still not post images? WTF

Magically pics work for me again.

null_zps7354069c.jpg

First time I've found a fami/NES adapter in the wild!

null_zpsa9c94429.jpg

null_zps38ac032c.jpg

I don't have pics but I snagged a still-sealed copy of The Hurt Locker (BD) for $2.99 the other day at Salvation Army. My copy of Injustice: Gods Among Us from the GameStop Power Hour sale showed up today, too.

Picked this up yesterday from a local store was marked at 8.xx but I had points from buying at the store before so I got it for half off now I just need to pick up some games for it to make sure it works!

IMG_1609.jpg

Picked this up yesterday from a local store was marked at 8.xx but I had points from buying at the store before so I got it for half off now I just need to pick up some games for it to make sure it works!

IMG_1609.jpg
From looks of the picture, that dreamcast looks in great condition. I dont see any scratches on the top of it. I do agree with the other post, it would look better if it didnt have the sega sports logo.

Completely random purchase but didn't really wanna leave the flea market with nothing. This guy had a bunch of these old Powermacs for sale and got the guy to budge on one for $20, figured what the hell. Didn't have a hard drive but had an old 80gb lying around. Dropped it in and installed Mac OS 9 and she boots. Working on upgrading it to Tiger and probably gonna buy a 1-1.4ghz processor upgrade for it and use it as an old mac gaming machine. Fun to mess around with.

6lvUvHy.jpg

UnaqEk7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back