* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy Ad 6/9-6/15

#61 Dragunz   I Like Pho. CAGiversary!   5251 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Is PS+ actually worth it? I'm kinda a new PS3 user so I'm not really sure. The Last of Us + 3 month PS+ sounds tempting.

If your new to the PS3, I highly recommend PS+. It gives you a good library of games to start out with and more added each month. Plus tons of other stuff like cloud storage, discounts, and early demo/beta access.

PS+ is worth it especially now with Deus Ex and Saints Row 3 soon. E3 hits soon probably get a bunch of new titles too.

Is PS+ actually worth it? I'm kinda a new PS3 user so I'm not really sure. The Last of Us + 3 month PS+ sounds tempting.

Yes, especially if you don't have a PS3 library.

Thanks guys, can any of you explain to me how games that come with PS+ work? I'm assuming you can only access them while you still have PS+ and that you have to download them first. I know they always add new games each month but are those games only up for that month or are they playable as long as you have PS+?

#62 htz  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Thanks guys, can any of you explain to me how games that come with PS+ work? I'm assuming you can only access them while you still have PS+ and that you have to download them first. I know they always add new games each month but are those games only up for that month or are they playable as long as you have PS+?

All games you download or add to your download list will be available for you to redownload or play as long as you are PS+.

http://www.cheapassg...is-free-for-ps/

^Check out this thread by frisky which is updated weekly on everything related to PS+ and the PS Store.

FAQ from Playstation.com, relating to PS+.

https://support.us.p...2034/kw/ps plus

Edited by htz, 07 June 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#63 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

If your new to the PS3, I highly recommend PS+. It gives you a good library of games to start out with and more added each month. Plus tons of other stuff like cloud storage, discounts, and early demo/beta access.

PS+ is worth it especially now with Deus Ex and Saints Row 3 soon. E3 hits soon probably get a bunch of new titles too.

Yes, especially if you don't have a PS3 library.

FWIW, if you're interested in Plus you should consider getting a 30 day code from ebay or trading for one here. Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2 and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One rotate out before The Last of Us releases and are probably worth the 3-4 bucks a short code will cost you.

#64 PhilsUtley26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

PhilsUtley26

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Even if you don't want to download it right away add it to your purchase list and it will be free with PS+ as long as you have an active subscription.

#65 Dragunz   I Like Pho. CAGiversary!   5251 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Geesh, I almost forgot how helpful this community is. Thank you all.

#66 dc delta90   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

dc delta90

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Is Best Buy EVER gonna update their TIVs for new games?  Resident Evil Revelations for the PS3 still isn't listed on their website.  Has anyone been able to trade it in yet?  If so, how much was the TIV?

Unfortunately, if it's not in their system then they just give you a generic $1 value.  Sometimes it takes them a while for BB to enter new games into their system, and some collections/GOTYs/games never make it at all...

Up on the site for $10 base value. So $20 right now with the 100% bonus in place.

#67 Tmac718   PC gamer in Training CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

Ahh man just bought the pulse elites last week but its cool got them for 119$. Now I am getting last of us no matter what but Riptide is calling my name at that price.

#68 MootPoon817   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

MootPoon817

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

In for a 3ds XL, can't wait any longer. Got $10 in certificates, plus I'm tired of Metro Last Light. I'll get $28 for it but oh well :/

#69 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Basically, Sony gets the rights to "give away" (more like rent) certain games for a fixed amount of time and you have the ability to "purchase" them at this point and time. Every game sticks around for its own amount of time (I think 2 weeks is the fastest and 1 year is the slowest), but there are always new games being added. Everything you purchase is yours to play / enjoy during your subscription, which starts to have serious value over time. Not a whole lot more to it, though I would like to remind you that the PSP / PSV games can be downloaded without a Vita and will be FULLY USABLE if you renew when you get a Vita or simply have Plus at that time. 

As far as the current offerings go, it's a bit of a toss up. Right now Sony is offering a free 30 day trial via Home (I don't use home, so I think it isn't around till E3 next week). If you're quick / lucky, you MIGHT be able to grab that before the store updates (so you can get inFAMOUS 2 / LBP 2 / All 4 One), though even if you aren't... it might be cost effective to look into. I believe someone in the PSN thread said they don't stack with a current sub, so you would basically get a worthless code if you subbed prior. Also that bundle appears to be a mere 8 dollars savings, so this is something else to consider. 

#70 frowninclown   Retail's for suckaz. CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

frowninclown

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Does anyone know if this 100% trade bonus will work on my original 3ds? Or is only physical game media..?

#71 FreedMania   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

FreedMania

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Just a warning to anyone trading games in, they removed the game kiosk to make room for the Samsung display. So now it's even more of a nightmare trading in at customer service. If I didn't hate Gamestop so much I'd just trade in there because at bby it takes triple the amount of time.

#72 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

Does anyone know if this 100% trade bonus will work on my original 3ds? Or is only physical game media..?

The 100% trade in never applies to consoles, only video games.

#73 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

Just a warning to anyone trading games in, they removed the game kiosk to make room for the Samsung display. So now it's even more of a nightmare trading in at customer service. If I didn't hate Gamestop so much I'd just trade in there because at bby it takes triple the amount of time.

They've been doing trade ins at customer service for awhile now at my local store. Never have a problem.

#74 nextisland  

nextisland

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

dude at my  bby i was 4th in line and it took litteraly over an hour just to trade in some stuff

#75 AukeySeven   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

AukeySeven

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

I was wondering if my $10 off 29 and over coupon will stack with b1g1 50% off.  I know it won't with the GCU 10%.  Anyone know?

#76 SuperTongue   CAG Lurker CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SuperTongue

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

Preordered ACNL alongside a $25 Rewards Zone certificate, bringing it down to about $10. Anyone know how BB is with their digital download releases? I'm a little anxious to start playing NL, so the waiting is killing me! :P

#77 zyk  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Well this might be Best Buy being dumb, but if you look at PS3 Consoles there is a blank spot with a messed up SKU for $299.99. New bundle announced at E3?

#78 Malice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

Would Amazon price match the 3DS XL deal or is that a no go?

#79 htz  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

Well this might be Best Buy being dumb, but if you look at PS3 Consoles there is a blank spot with a messed up SKU for $299.99. New bundle announced at E3?

It is just the PS3 500GB legacy bundle with free blu-ray remote control.

Spoiler

Would Amazon price match the 3DS XL deal or is that a no go?

They won't because they don't sell the 3DS XL.

#80 zyk  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Aww. I was hoping they leaked something haha. Oh well, 2 more days  :bouncy:

#81 Tabe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

They've been doing trade ins at customer service for awhile now at my local store. Never have a problem.

I traded in Sleeping Dogs last week and they didn't give me the 10% GCU bonus.  Claimed it didn't apply with the 100% bonus, which I knew to be false.  Ended up calling corporate and getting transferred back to the local store.  The people I spoke with at the local store seemed oblivious to the existence of GCU let alone how to address the problem.  When I traded in my copy of Assassin's Creed 3 a few months ago at the kiosk, it went super-smooth without a single issue - and I got the 10% GCU bonus.

#82 joeyshadows   CAGiversary! Validating   1729 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

joeyshadows

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Just a warning to anyone trading games in, they removed the game kiosk to make room for the Samsung display. So now it's even more of a nightmare trading in at customer service. If I didn't hate Gamestop so much I'd just trade in there because at bby it takes triple the amount of time.

I traded in Sleeping Dogs last week and they didn't give me the 10% GCU bonus. Claimed it didn't apply with the 100% bonus, which I knew to be false. Ended up calling corporate and getting transferred back to the local store. The people I spoke with at the local store seemed oblivious to the existence of GCU let alone how to address the problem. When I traded in my copy of Assassin's Creed 3 a few months ago at the kiosk, it went super-smooth without a single issue - and I got the 10% GCU bonus.

The people up at customer service probably aren't trained to do it, not that it's hard. I traded in a game last week and one of the geek squad guys handled it. I talked him through it and he still never added my 10%. He claimed I was at my limit. He couldn't grasp the concept so I took the gift card and left.

#83 NvaderJim   Game Ninja CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Really tempted by headset/game deal. :joystick:

#84 doug_brit   Biohazard CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

doug_brit

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

I work up at Geek Squad guys, they have thrust a good 70% of the store on us by combining us and customer service, so please be pleasant if your receiving pleasant service. It's been a stressful nightmare how many things are on our plates right now. I don't speak for the company of course in any formal or official way, so don't take this as a corporate thing or public statement/factual numbers (I don't want this coming back on my butt, lol, so just a disclosure). :no:  

I just picked up TLOU with my $15 in RWZ so excited to play through that and ~$40 is the most I budget a month for games (So also yes, yes, and yes to the comment about PS+)

:grouphug:

#85 jimmyy201   Jimayy201 CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

jimmyy201

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Is the 3DS XL worth it at $175? I have never owned any of the DS' a lot of games on them that I want to play. Should I finally pay or wait for it to drop more?

#86 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Do it! It's time to get one. There is such a great library between 3DS titles and DS titles!

#87 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Still not clear whether the GCU $20 RZ cert stacks with preorder of TLOU and Pulse Elite bundle. Any employees know?

#88 axlrose4183   gold cobra CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

axlrose4183

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Couldn't pull the trigger on Fast and Furious today.. only was gonna get it for the easy trophies

#89 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

@FIF

As long as you purchase TLOU w/i the guidelines of the $20 promo you get the $20. The promo for the pulse happens on the receipt at the time of purchase.

Also, 

The 100% will go thru 6/15 per in-store signs, seems kinda short based on previous 100% but the could just extend it & put up new signs with another date.

#90 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

@FIF
As long as you purchase TLOU w/i the guidelines of the $20 promo you get the $20. The promo for the pulse happens on the receipt at the time of purchase.

Also, 
The 100% will go thru 6/15 per in-store signs, seems kinda short based on previous 100% but the could just extend it & put up new signs with another date.

@FIF

Also, 

The bundle has a distinct SKU online and may not trigger the RZU promo (or so I fear).