- - - - -

GGT 243's Dawg Died Because of CAG 3.0

leda @ledabunnie dawgs so many tags ugly forums all white scene gurlz monster bunnies rai rai haaaaaank

#451 ihadFG   Adamustache CAGiversary!   7992 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

Can't wait for Solid Snake to show up with Hayter as the voice so he can talk to Big Boss Keifer Sutherland. Will be sweet.

---

Also, for anyone who for some reason thinks the Xbox One every-24-hours-check-in thing isn't a big deal, this article nicely summarizes one potential problem: http://penny-arcade....ied-about-yours

I'd say the probability of people trying to hack the Xbox One network is especially high considering the backlash against just about everything we know about it.

#452 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

dmaul seems like the ultimate casual gamer.

I wouldn't got that far.  I quit buying CoD games after MW3, and am sick of yearly sequel franchises and stale ideas in general.  I hate motion controls and games like Wii Fit/Kinect adventures etc. So I don't think I'm the ultimate/typical casual gamer who's perfectly fine with where the industry is at and where it is going.

I'm just more causal in that I like the experience more than the gameplay (assuming the gameplay isn't terrible--it  does need to be fun of course.), don't like challenging games etc.  I just want to veg out, get lost in virtual experience, and absorb a story in a way that's different from movies, tv shows or books.  So gameplay does matter, I just don't get a lot of enjoyment out of games that are only gameplay, with little atmosphere, story etc.  I.e. I can't play puzzle games for more than a few minutes as they don't immerse me and can't hold my interest.  Fighting games don't interest me unless they have a strong story mode like Injustice.  And so on.

My ideal games are things like Uncharted (and presumably last of us), Gears of War, Mass Effect, Skyrim etc. Games that have good stories, immersive worlds, and fun gameplay where I can get lost for hours at a time.

#453 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7599 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

5 more minutes for that Marvel Heroes.

Should I pick Hawkeye or should I pick Hawkeye?

We can play together someday and both be Hawkeye, we'll be the Hawk Bros!

#454 ihadFG   Adamustache CAGiversary!   7992 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

My ideal games are things like Uncharted (and presumably last of us)

While I won't say I don't think you'll enjoy The Last of Us, I do think it's worth pointing out that general impressions so far have been pointing towards The Last of Us being more survival horror and less Uncharted.  The Giant Bomb review for instance said "The Last of Us plays like Naughty Dog internalized the biggest design criticisms leveled against its last franchise and set out to make the anti-Uncharted."  Personally, that's what I was hoping, but not expecting, to hear.  I like a game where you actually have to conserve ammo and choose your fights wisely.

#455 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15445 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

Can't wait for Solid Snake to show up with Hayter as the voice so he can talk to Big Boss Keifer Sutherland. Will be sweet.

---

Also, for anyone who for some reason thinks the Xbox One every-24-hours-check-in thing isn't a big deal, this article nicely summarizes one potential problem: http://penny-arcade....ied-about-yours

I'd say the probability of people trying to hack the Xbox One network is especially high considering the backlash against just about everything we know about it.

I actually can't wait either! yo, we Skyping tonight? I missed you, bro.

dmaul seems like the ultimate casual gamer.

I wouldn't got that far.  I quit buying CoD games after MW3, and am sick of yearly sequel franchises and stale ideas in general.  I hate motion controls and games like Wii Fit/Kinect adventures etc. So I don't think I'm the ultimate/typical casual gamer who's perfectly fine with where the industry is at and where it is going.

I'm just more causal in that I like the experience more than the gameplay (assuming the gameplay isn't terrible--it  does need to be fun of course.), don't like challenging games etc.  I just want to veg out, get lost in virtual experience, and absorb a story in a way that's different from movies, tv shows or books.  So gameplay does matter, I just don't get a lot of enjoyment out of games that are only gameplay, with little atmosphere, story etc.  I.e. I can't play puzzle games for more than a few minutes as they don't immerse me and can't hold my interest.  Fighting games don't interest me unless they have a strong story mode like Injustice.  And so on.

My ideal games are things like Uncharted (and presumably last of us), Gears of War, Mass Effect, Skyrim etc. Games that have good stories, immersive worlds, and fun gameplay where I can get lost for hours at a time.

I didn't mean it as a bad thing, I get where you're coming from, mang.

#456 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

While I won't say I don't think you'll enjoy The Last of Us, I do think it's worth pointing out that general impressions so far have been pointing towards The Last of Us being more survival horror and less Uncharted.  The Giant Bomb review for instance said "The Last of Us plays like Naughty Dog internalized the biggest design criticisms leveled against its last franchise and set out to make the anti-Uncharted."  Personally, that's what I was hoping, but not expecting, to hear.  I like a game where you actually have to conserve ammo and choose your fights wisely.

Oh I didn't mean to imply that I think it will play like Uncharted. 

I was just listing examples of games that are heavy on story, characters, setting/atmosphere etc.  The combat in Uncharted is nothing special--the shooting isn't nearly as good (IMO) as Gears of War.  But I enjoy the stories, characters, settings and set pieces/actions scenes (like the horseback chase in 3).

I'm stoked for The Last of Us because of all the reviews harping on the story, setting/atmosphere, characters, emotional impact etc.  I don't mind having to conserve ammo, avoid fights etc.  As long as a game isn't frustratingly difficulty, I can enjoy most types of gameplay as long as the story, setting etc. are keeping me immersed.

#457 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

I bet dmaul thinks jake is wesker's son, fucking casuals.

#458 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

I heard a rumor.

#459 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

It was Patrick who wrote that review though, who isn't a reviewer by trade.

But he is a dude who is totally into survival-horror games so see that he really dug it helps.

5 more minutes for that Marvel Heroes.

Should I pick Hawkeye or should I pick Hawkeye?

We can play together someday and both be Hawkeye, we'll be the Hawk Bros!

I unlocked Storm after the prologue.

This gives me incentive to buy Mohawk Storm.

I heard a rumor.

tumblr_m33z4naPum1qar52vo1_500.gif

#460 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Not telling.   [-(

At least we will get to see PS4 on Monday.

#461 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Freckles ruin everything.

BMLDS_TCQAEOY59.jpgBMLO6w5CcAE-aKC.jpg

#462 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39519 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Not telling.   [-(

That's it.  We're voting you off GGT Island. [-(

#463 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3030 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

I heard a rumor that Sony's presentation will consist entirely of a group if Japanese businessmen standing on stage laughing hysterically while Microsofts's press event plays on a giant tv.

#464 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Not telling.   [-(

:cry:

#465 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

gunm would have never been voted off.

Leda is still pretty without make up I like freckles.

#466 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39519 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Not telling.   [-(

:cry:

Tell us the rumour and maybe we'll let you stay.  Maybe some of us will give you Steam gifts during the Summer sale as well. ;)

#467 SinOfHeart   Teddie's #1 Fan CAGiversary!   5154 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

SinOfHeart

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

What the heck... http://www.amazon.co...ds=adidas green

#468 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15445 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Swag.

#469 Erad30   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

I think it would be hilarious if Sony still didn't show the hardware on Monday.

#470 BlueScrote   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4859 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

BlueScrote

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Serious Sam weekly humble bundle?  Yes please.

#471 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

They accidently listed those as men shoes.

#472 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

Leda looks good with freckles. She looks good like that. 

#473 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Leda looks good with freckles. She looks good like that. 

I'm not entirely sure what you're implying...

#474 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

I'm entirely sure that you're entirely sure what I am implying.

#475 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Hmm...

BMMLkKTCQAEuNlY.jpg

#476 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

What age will she reget those tattoos? I got 22

#477 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15445 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Goddamn, these pics are so much better. Looks like my first fiancee.

#478 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

I2bx18A.jpg

#479 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39519 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Is that your rumour, weevles?

#480 RKasa   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4374 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

I heard a rumor that Sony's presentation will consist entirely of a group if Japanese businessmen standing on stage laughing hysterically while Microsofts's press event plays on a giant tv.

I'd watch that.