The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition available!

I agree... the only thing extra is the statue, I think... everything else comes in the survival edition.
Although I'm getting it, I do agree that it seems kinda pricy. If the artbook from the survival edition, then it would have been a great deal. But as it stands, most things Project Triforce produce are pretty pricy so I figure the statue is gonna be nice.

If anyone is slightly interested in this, don't wait. This is exclusive to Gamestop, and once gone, it will be done. A friend of mine who manages a GS told me months ago, that the Sony rep said this was going to be super limited, so take that for what you will.

The reviews have been the highest I have ever seen, and this is sure to be a cool collectible at some point. This is also the only one I know of that includes the statue. The statue is being sold in other regions I believe, but as a stand alone item. The limited edition from Game in the UK is also sold out. 

Thank you for this.  I was pretty pissed that I missed out on this.  Ordered the Survival Edition instead.  Already placed my order and will be canceling my Survival Edition. 

If anyone is slightly interested in this, don't wait. This is exclusive to Gamestop, and once gone, it will be done. A friend of mine who manages a GS told me months ago, that the Sony rep said this was going to be super limited, so take that for what you will.

The reviews have been the highest I have ever seen, and this is sure to be a cool collectible at some point. This is also the only one I know of that includes the statue. The statue is being sold in other regions I believe, but as a stand alone item. The limited edition from Game in the UK is also sold out.
lol yeah right all these "super limited edition" games are never really truly limited. I'll be able to find one at any game stop a month from now.

lol yeah right all these "super limited edition" games are never really truly limited. I'll be able to find one at any game stop a month from now.
Well, the "Survival Edition" is already sold out everywhere except for GS, and I expect everything except for the standard edition to be sold out there as well before release.

Almost every new IP that has gotten a LE, sales out and becomes very collectible. Only sequels where they try to milk the public do you find sitting on store shelves months after the fact.

I don't think there is one example of a new IP, single retail store release "LE" that can be shown to not have sold out, and that is not worth more than it's retail release cost. If there is one, I'm not aware of it.

I really can't wait for this game.  I've been isolating myself from as much as possible so I could so be surprised as the story moves forward.

I did the same with Tomb Raider and Heavy Rain.  I enjoyed them both. 

I wonder what they will do with Beyond 2 Souls? 

FYI, if you order in-store you can get free shipping.  The rep there also asked me if I had any promo codes or gamestop in-store coupon I wanted to use for the order.  I didn't even know that could do that.

FYI, if you order in-store you can get free shipping. The rep there also asked me if I had any promo codes or gamestop in-store coupon I wanted to use for the order. I didn't even know that could do that.
I didn't know that either... I knew that you could order stuff off the website from the store but never new any codes would work.

Well, the "Survival Edition" is already sold out everywhere except for GS, and I expect everything except for the standard edition to be sold out there as well before release.

Almost every new IP that has gotten a LE, sales out and becomes very collectible. Only sequels where they try to milk the public do you find sitting on store shelves months after the fact.

I don't think there is one example of a new IP, single retail store release "LE" that can be shown to not have sold out, and that is not worth more than it's retail release cost. If there is one, I'm not aware of it.
l

lol what? there have been plenty of examples of "new IPs" LEs being found months in advance.. Ask people about their Zone of Enders "super limited edition" everyone still can get at stores.

lol what? there have been plenty of examples of "new IPs" LEs being found months in advance.. Ask people about their Zone of Enders "super limited edition" everyone still can get at stores.
Zone of the Enders isn't a new IP, dude.

It's not a new IP, and it is available at multiple retail locations.

The last of Us is a new IP, and the Post Edition is only available at GS(not Amazon, BestBuy, ect). Trust me, there is no other game you can bring up that was a new IP, and only sold at one location that hasn't become truly limited.

Can I go in store and pre-order it? I have no idea why I can't get it seeing as my debit card information is saved on record but I'm getting error messages. I already brought stuff from Gamestop.com with no issues. Trying to find another way to get it online but doesn't seem like the system will allow me to do so.

I preordered. I still may cancel, I have the survival edition preordered at Amazon and that art book might be more valuable to me then the statue. Maybe I'll go instore tomorrow and order it there for free shipping...

The last of Us is a new IP, and the Post Edition is only available at GS(not Amazon, BestBuy, ect). Trust me, there is no other game you can bring up that was a new IP, and only sold at one location that hasn't become truly limited.
I believe Clive Barker's Jericho: Special Edition was a Gamestop exclusive.

I mean, there are exceptions, but this is a high scoring, profile and sought after title, so odds are this Gamestop Exclusive will indeed be quite expensive to get down the lne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I go in store and pre-order it? I have no idea why I can't get it seeing as my debit card information is saved on record but I'm getting error messages. I already brought stuff from Gamestop.com with no issues. Trying to find another way to get it online but doesn't seem like the system will allow me to do so.
You can order in-store and have it sent to your address with free shipping. I don't think you can still pre-order the game in-store for pickup on release day now because their store quota is probably gone by now.

I wonder if ordering in-store works as an alternative for people banned from gamestop.com.

You can order in-store and have it sent to your address with free shipping. I don't think you can still pre-order the game in-store now because their quota is probably gone by now.

I wonder if ordering in-store works as an alternative for people banned from gamestop.com.
There is no option to order in-store. I'm going to try again later and see what happens but I really want it.

I was having the same issue, and I don't know why. I did use another browser, and I was able to place an order, but then I got a email from them saying that my order was under review and they should be done within 12hrs. It's been almost 2 days and they haven't cancelled my other order or sent any other updates, so I don't know what to think.

I had the same thing happen with an order from a few days ago as well, so they seem to be having issues with their online service, so don't be surprised if these orders get cancelled.

will just gamble with excess stock/ unpicked up preorder and price drop after 3 months. 

Devil Summoner 2

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 (techinically not new)
I know a few others would have to go through storages :/

But yea this one will probably be as rare as Vesperia / Mass Effect 1

I was having the same issue, and I don't know why. I did use another browser, and I was able to place an order, but then I got a email from them saying that my order was under review and they should be done within 12hrs. It's been almost 2 days and they haven't cancelled my other order or sent any other updates, so I don't know what to think.

I had the same thing happen with an order from a few days ago as well, so they seem to be having issues with their online service, so don't be surprised if these orders get cancelled.
You two are most likely banned from placing new orders at Gamestop.com

Edit:

Devil Summoner 2

I don't have the energy right now but I'm going to guess somebody real soon will take the time to explain what a new IP is.

Hint: If your title is a sequel or is numbered it is NOT a new IP.

You two are most likely banned from placing new orders at Gamestop.com
My friend is a new customer and she was denied from placing the order too.

I don't see any reason why we would be banned either.

Oh, man, somebody talk me out of buying this. My wife is gonna kill me >.<

I already have the SE edition pre-ordered, but that statue is calling my name. 

^ Maybe she has the same shipping/billing address of someone else who is banned?

It doesn't take much; just a few orders in a short period of time or spamming/stacking affiliate promo codes will get you banned. They will never inform you that you are banned; you will just get a "billing error" when you try to place orders.

Once you are banned though they typically ban by the following: e-mail address, billing address, and shipping address.

^ Maybe she has the same shipping/billing address of someone else who is banned?

It doesn't take much; just a few orders in a short period of time or spamming/stacking affiliate promo codes will get you banned. They will never inform you that you are banned; you will just get a "billing error" when you try to place orders.

Once you are banned though they typically ban by the following: e-mail address, billing address, and shipping address.
Thanks for this info, as it's news to me. If I'm banned, and I have an open order on file, what happens to that order?

Thanks for this info, as it's news to me. If I'm banned, and I have an open order on file, what happens to that order?
Yes same question. What happens to previous pre-orders?

I ordered multiple shirts from gamestop and then within same week I ordered more but new orders went to under review and got cancelled. Did it again and it was cancelled so I stopped ordering.

Since then I was able to do 3 store picks up and order rewards from powerupreowards but not sure if I'm banned or not.

I have the Last Of Us Post Edition preordered long time ago. Not sure if it's going to get cancelled?

This has been up for a very long time back when it was announced, I'm surprised this generated all this "sudden interest".

Edit:

Devil Summoner 2

I don't have the energy right now but I'm going to guess somebody real soon will take the time to explain what a new IP is.

Hint: If your title is a sequel or is numbered it is NOT a new IP.

LOL yea yea sorry its late just got off of work. The only one I have that "was" in greater stock was the Assassins Creed 1 local gamestop still no idea why has the CE still in stock for 40$.New IP

I could not order online and I called the GS phone number. They placed my order and I received an email confirmation and within 30 minutes I got an auto-cancellation with the following information (below). They do have two listings of this version of the game and I believe they have an issue with one listing that says this is in stock and ships within 24 hours.

Dear Valued Customer,

The order #XXXXXXXX that you placed with GameStop.com or EBgames.com has been cancelled.

If you did not cancel this order yourself, it may be the result of our system being unable to process your order.

I agree on the new IP speculation. I remember brand new IPs that had their initial game released as a CE and were lower print runs and those go for a pretty penny now and those weren't even retailer exclusive: Original Bioshock for 360 as well as Assassin's Creed. Think about exclusive retailer/develop Collector's Editions for new IPs like EA store's Dead Space and Kingdoms of Amalur and Namco's Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition and all three sell for 2-3 times their original value and only get more rare and expensive over the course of time. With this game getting perfect scores and already being crowned game of the year, you know this will be the most sought after copy of the game. Now that people know this game may go down as the last true All-Time great for this current generation, they won't hesitate to purchase this version of the game.

This has been up for a very long time back when it was announced, I'm surprised this generated all this "sudden interest".
With great reviews slowing showing up... more people are getting interested. I just cant justify the price tag for it though so pass again.

Completely incorrect. It has been sold out for a long while. I've been looking for at least a month waiting/hoping it would come back in stock.

Completely incorrect. It has been sold out for a long while. I've been looking for at least a month waiting/hoping it would come back in stock.
Hooray, attack on my logic being "incorrect"!
When the CE was announced, which was much longer than a month ago, it was up for preorder for at least two weeks. That is a very long time. There was a thread here, which stayed on the top page, and people were laughing at the price tag. some were defending it, i said i am going to preorder anyways since i was eyeing this game since its announcement. and SAVER was active back then. we discussed the shipping options when you apply SAVER. If dont know how you missed that, if you were interested in it to begin with. Which I assume you are, since you have been looking for the past month. The only reason that would end in your situation is that you became interested after it was sold out.

With great reviews slowing showing up... more people are getting interested. I just cant justify the price tag for it though so pass again.
I am not surprised that it got good reviews. I have been eyeing this game since it's first announcement and preordered the instant this got on CAG, back when SAVER was still active. I'm glad my gaming sense wasn't off. I just don't understand why savvy CAGs hesitate on CE preorders that has a slight chance of becoming scarce (since they can be cancelled anyway), and scramble every time it is sold out, it does not compute.

I considered getting a second copy to keep sealed, then I remembered I have the Tales CE preordered, and need to buy the Watchdogs CE and the Black Chest, if I can track down the god damn thing.

bread's done
Back