Verizon handed over MILLIONS of phone record to Constitutional lawyer Obama and the FEDS

Misleading title there....

Patriot Act Bush era policy which was implemented when a large portion of the population was easily scared by a color guide for terror watch.

Yeah, goddamn Patriot Act.  It's funny how people keep acting like Obama and his administration are worse than Bush and as bad as Hitler, even though it is just "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

It's even worse under Obama, not the same.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/nsa-whistleblowers_n_3398618.html

James Bamford, a journalist and author of several books on the NSA, said it's very surprising to see that the agency tracks domestic calls, including local calls. In 2006, USA Today reported that the NSA was secretly collecting a database of domestic call information. However, some phone companies denied any involvement in such a program.

Bamford's assumption was that the uproar over a separate, post-9/11 warrantless wiretapping program and the departure of the Bush administration meant that the NSA had been reined in.

"Here we are, under the Obama administration, doing it sort of like the Bush administration on steroids," he said in an interview with the Associated Press. "This order here is about as broad as it can possibly get, when it comes to focusing on personal communications. There's no warrant, there's no suspicion, there's no probable cause ... it sounds like something from East Germany."

Bamford believes the NSA collects the call records at a huge, newly built data center in Bluffdale, Utah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but the new boss is actually smarter then the last boss, so you would expect the new boss to be better NOT worst

"meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
So you admit that we are living under a DICTATORSHIP under the guise of freedom and democracy....

I guess this is why our soldiers are all sent fighting overseas to "free" other "bad" countries, it keeps them too busy to see that the enemy is actually within

So this bothers me a lot, I wish this wasn't the America we lived in, but this is such old news for me and many of my friends and associates. I remember I once sent a text message to Muslim friends saying we should have pig's feet, 40's and a BBQ, the joke being that we don't eat pork or drink alcohol, and within 24 hours federal law enforcement contacted me and wanted to meet to discuss, thinking it could be code for something. In fact me and one of the friends on the text were simultaneously being "interviewed" unbeknownst to each other. The LEO's reason why they knew about this text? One of the numbers was wrong and a lady alerted them. Uhh...no.

Friend's families have had their landlines tapped, people I know have had emails monitored. I surely have. For Muslims, this is really business as usual for many. So when it becomes national news that potentially all Americans are being monitored, now there's outrage..

Do I have anything to hide? No, but it's disturbing to think I can't have privacy in private, legal, non-dangerous conversations with my wife, friends, and family. Is it Bush's fault for starting it? Yes. Did Obama tell us all about Bush's messes that were all over the place and he would clean up? Yes. At least Bush was honest in his infringement, whereas Obama has lied to us and enforced the same policies, and expanded others. Neither is worth my political support.

For Muslims, this is really business as usual for many.
And this is why I haven't shed a tear or sweated the current situation.

We for a long time were ok with one group being monitored but when suddenly everyone gets equal monitoring, then we have a problem.

It's just like with the Tea Party IRS issue - the issue wasn't the IRS investigating Tea Party groups, the issue is the IRS not enforcing the 501C3 rules which say no political activity.

As far as Obama being able to clean up the mess, there is a large lack of knowledge in how government works in the populace as quoted straight from Truman Library:

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/whistlestop/teacher_lessons/3branches/17.htm

Code:
A PRESIDENT
CAN........................................................
  • make treaties with the approval of the Senate.
  • veto bills and sign bills.
  • represent our nation in talks with foreign countries.
  • enforce the laws that Congress passes.
  • act as Commander-in-Chief during a war.
  • call out troops to protect our nation against an attack.
  • make suggestions about things that should be new laws.
  • lead his political party.
  • entertain foreign guests.
  • recognize foreign countries.
  • grant pardons.
  • nominate Cabinet members and Supreme Court Justices and other high officials.
  • appoint ambassadors.
  • talk directly to the people about problems.
  • represent the best interest of all the people
Code:
 PRESIDENT
CANNOT..................................
  • make laws.
  • declare war.
  • decide how federal money will be spent.
  • interpret laws.
  • choose Cabinet members or Supreme Court Justices without Senate approval.

So this bothers me a lot, I wish this wasn't the America we lived in, but this is such old news for me and many of my friends and associates. I remember I once sent a text message to Muslim friends saying we should have pig's feet, 40's and a BBQ, the joke being that we don't eat pork or drink alcohol, and within 24 hours federal law enforcement contacted me and wanted to meet to discuss, thinking it could be code for something. In fact me and one of the friends on the text were simultaneously being "interviewed" unbeknownst to each other. The LEO's reason why they knew about this text? One of the numbers was wrong and a lady alerted them. Uhh...no.

Friend's families have had their landlines tapped, people I know have had emails monitored. I surely have. For Muslims, this is really business as usual for many. So when it becomes national news that potentially all Americans are being monitored, now there's outrage..

Do I have anything to hide? No, but it's disturbing to think I can't have privacy in private, legal, non-dangerous conversations with my wife, friends, and family. Is it Bush's fault for starting it? Yes. Did Obama tell us all about Bush's messes that were all over the place and he would clean up? Yes. At least Bush was honest in his infringement, whereas Obama has lied to us and enforced the same policies, and expanded others. Neither is worth my political support.
The White Privilege that liberals and progressives harp on is being exemplified by the white media's outrage over the recent revelations of data mining by the government.

We for a long time were ok with one group being monitored but when suddenly everyone gets equal monitoring, then we have a problem.

It's just like with the Tea Party IRS issue - the issue wasn't the IRS investigating Tea Party groups, the issue is the IRS not enforcing the 501C3 rules which say no political activity.

As far as Obama being able to clean up the mess, there is a large lack of knowledge in how government works in the populace as quoted straight from Truman Library:

A PRESIDENT

• grant pardons.
  • appoint ambassadors.
Code:
 PRESIDENT
  • make laws.
  • declare war.
  • interpret laws.
The president cannot make laws but he can surely VETO them...

He also has the power to inspire people to stand up and make gov't better

Terrorism is but a scapegoat, we create the problem to find ways to solve it...

Its not conspiracy... it how all gov't find ways to hold together its power.. Without fear without something to make its citzens stand together in unity, all gov't collapse.

You can't veto what was already passed. 

I'm still an Obama supporter, I just know what he can and can't do which seems to be a shock to a lot of people.

So no more Obama supporters on these forums? Did they finally understand what the rest of us were saying?
If Obama supporters were against this type of crap when it was Bush, what the hell makes you think they were for it under Obama? No one gave a shit about it when it was only against Muslims, but the second white people realized they were being monitored too(big surprise on both counts...not), then shit starts to hit the fan. Not to mention that most people still don't give a shit when they do it to Muslims. Sorry, but conservatives are late as fuck to this game. I've been speaking out against this data-mining for years and so has just about every liberal on vs.

Being a realistic adult and not just someone with a boner for 'V for Vendetta'/ Glen Greenwald, I can understand the occasional need for this type of program. My issues

1.) The continuing congressional approval. Why is no one holding them accountable. it's all 'teh Obama!". A rubber stamp is not judicious.

2.) Oversight. Something like this needs a court order and congressional oversight. Which this appears to have (unlike some of Bush's program- please correct me if I am incorrect). Additionally, I think the government could very easily outline the approval/ oversight process without divulging sensitive information.

3.) One big reason the program has been amped up is simply advances in technology.

4.) The 4th Amendment doesn't protect us from any search. It just puts requirement on that search. And the main consequence of an illegal search is simply not allow it as evidence against you.

Rand Paul is showing his idiocy by blaming all this on 'teh Obama". I mean, it's shrewd to play to his followers but disturbing that it works.

So no more Obama supporters on these forums? Did they finally understand what the rest of us were saying?
If Obama supporters were against this type of crap when it was Bush, what the hell makes you think they were for it under Obama? No one gave a shit about it when it was only against Muslims, but the second white people realized they were being monitored too(big surprise on both counts...not), then shit starts to hit the fan. Not to mention that most people still don't give a shit when they do it to Muslims. Sorry, but conservatives are late as fuck to this game. I've been speaking out against this data-mining for years and so has just about every liberal on vs.
The continued silence by many makes me think that. I agree with you that this is nothing new and the only reason why it is getting big is because of AP and media realizing they are not part of the exclusive club. Many conservatives are late to the party which is why I dislike many of them. Many so called democrats and republicans are corporatists and disregard the core principles of the parties. They support their own and do not care about the real issues which affect each one of us. I hope you get a better idea in regards to my character and why I am so anti big government.

I actually voted for Obama in 2008 as I was hoping he would become a champion of social liberties. I quickly realized I was wrong and finally made a switch to libertarianism. The reason I was asking if they are no more Obama supporters is because I still see many who blindly supported him throughout the years, not realizing he doing more harm than good.

You do realize this type of nonsense (ECHELON) has been going on since long before Obama was elected, no?

Spoiler: It was initiated by Walt Disney and the ghost of Christmas Charlie Manson.
Well of course. I opposed the Patriot Act when it was first conceived.

TBH I don't really care that the government knows I'm a loving son who calls his mother once in a while.
People like you are exactly why stuff like this happens. You need to be able to stick up for all of our rights, not just the ones that affect you at this point in time. The Patriot Act was fine and dandy for Americans when it was against the terrorists. As soon as it gets turned around us, they'll be blatantly against it. It's the American way. " fuck you guys, it's all about me."

Racism isn't dead....... we all know this.  Societal racism is alive and well, there is a word for it INSTUTIONALISED Racism..

Hitler proved it, and we as Americans failed to learn from it.   Bush was a racist, he targeted one single group, Obama is a equal oppotunitist, he targets everyone

As sad as it is at least the Dems, treat everyone equally ...LOL, while the Repubs are pretty racist in their targeting of people.

I actually voted for Obama in 2008 as I was hoping he would become a champion of social liberties. I quickly realized I was wrong and finally made a switch to libertarianism. The reason I was asking if they are no more Obama supporters is because I still see many who blindly supported him throughout the years, not realizing he doing more harm than good.
One of the reasons I was so against this stuff when it was passing during the Bush era is that, once the government is given a certain power, it is unlikely to willingly give it up. The current administration and Congress might have the best intention for passing things like this, but those provisions and powers don't stop once the current guys have left office, which is what I think a lot of Republicans are now waking up to. It's the same sort of reason I was against the indefinite detention provision in last year's NDAA.

Another reason I won't be getting an XboxOne which requires an internet checkin every 24 hours to play games and an ALWAYS ON kinect camera 2.0 on you. 

Call me paranoid, but I have a little strip taped over the camera on my WiiU's controller, on my Vita and on my laptop. lol. Not that anyone would bother spying on me anyways. I just don't like the thought of a camera always on me.

I am still an Obama supporter. He is merely continuing what was put in place under Bush. Has nothing to do with left or right. They are two sides of the same dirty coin.

If all the people who claim to "have voted for Obama in 08" really did. Obama would've won 95% of the popular vote

The mainstream media almost always fails to cover important issues until it's too damn late.

Being a realistic adult and not just someone with a boner for 'V for Vendetta'/ Glen Greenwald, I can understand the occasional need for this type of program. My issues

1.) The continuing congressional approval. Why is no one holding them accountable. it's all 'teh Obama!". A rubber stamp is not judicious.

2.) Oversight. Something like this needs a court order and congressional oversight. Which this appears to have (unlike some of Bush's program- please correct me if I am incorrect). Additionally, I think the government could very easily outline the approval/ oversight process without divulging sensitive information.

3.) One big reason the program has been amped up is simply advances in technology.

4.) The 4th Amendment doesn't protect us from any search. It just puts requirement on that search. And the main consequence of an illegal search is simply not allow it as evidence against you.

Rand Paul is showing his idiocy by blaming all this on 'teh Obama". I mean, it's shrewd to play to his followers but disturbing that it works.

Rand Paul is a clown, but Greenwald is one of the few on the left who isn't afraid to criticize the Democratic party as they continue to shift right.

The mainstream media is so damn slow when it comes to reporting real issues... that is when it chooses not to completely ignore them.

ITT: "lolz, both sides do it."

I'm still an Obama supporter, I just know what he can and can't do which seems to be a shock to a lot of people.
Ummm...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/27/patriot-act-extension-signed-obama-autopen_n_867851.html

Minutes before a midnight deadline, President Barack Obama signed into law a four-year extension of post-Sept. 11 powers to search records and conduct roving wiretaps in pursuit of terrorists.
Exactly how could he not had veto'd this? A few more minutes and it would have been pocket veto'd.

A PRESIDENT

• grant pardons.
  • appoint ambassadors.
Code:
 PRESIDENT
  • make laws.
  • declare war.
  • interpret laws.
Well remember, this is the country where a relatively large number of people think the world is 6,000 years old and that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Marxist who's going to kick in their doors, grab their guns, and send the elderly to death with Rom... I mean, Obamacare.

Then it's a bit disingenuous to pin this all on the current President. Hoover's files, the NRO, etc. were all in existence before Obama was even born. To be crystal clear he's a hypocrite on this issue. Let's just be realistic and point out that he's continuing the policies of his predecessors; he wasn't the first President to do this and certainly won't be the last.

When you say "racism!!!" I hear thoughtcrime.
At some point, you libs are going to have to disagree with people without playing the race card.

At some point, you libs are going to have to disagree with people without playing the race card.
When you say "race card!!!," I hear someone(almost always a white person) wanting to be able to discriminate against someone else(almost always not white or not perceived as white) because of their race.

At some point, you racists are going to have to learn that no one gives a shit if you keep your racist thoughts to yourselves just like how no one cares(or would know) if pedos kept those thoughts to themselves. It's when pedos start talking about diddling kids ie wanting to discriminate against someone else because of their race(see above definitions of someone/someone else), when us "libs" have a problem. You can talk about wanting or allowing people to be racist all you want, but don't expect that to fly while only supporting free speech in one direction; it's a two way street.

The thing is, a large portion of the Republican party actually is racist or at least doesn't mind using race-bating to win elections. If they weren't you wouldn't see the kind of content that is on Fox News every day or Mitt Romney being BFFs with Donald Trump.

ITT: "lolz, both sides do it."

Ummm...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/27/patriot-act-extension-signed-obama-autopen_n_867851.html

Minutes before a midnight deadline, President Barack Obama signed into law a four-year extension of post-Sept. 11 powers to search records and conduct roving wiretaps in pursuit of terrorists.
Exactly how could he not had veto'd this? A few more minutes and it would have been pocket veto'd.
Both sides do it.

Thanks for proving my point you two.
A real discussion can not be had because differences of opinion are met with emotional rhetoric and not facts.
If I disagree with you or Obama, I'm obviously "racist" and guilty of "thoughtcrime". *eye roll*
This conservative person of color thanks you for the backup.

A PRESIDENT

• grant pardons.
  • appoint ambassadors.
Code:
 PRESIDENT
  • make laws.
  • declare war.
  • interpret laws.
Yes, its nice to see Americans experience what they have sanctioned against minority groups and activists (sadly, also a minority to the passive majority).

Thanks for proving my point you two. A real discussion can not be had because differences of opinion are met with emotional rhetoric and not facts. If I disagree with you or Obama, I'm obviously "racist" and guilty of "thoughtcrime". *eye roll* This conservative person of color thanks you for the backup.
It is a fact that racism is rampant in the Republican party. I suppose you think that birther conspiracies have nothing to do with racism then? That Herman Cain wasn't beloved by many conservatives because he made campaign videos and speeches that appealed to their prejudices? You can't name a 2012 Republican presidential candidate who didn't say racist things to win votes. ALL of them were guilty.

Last edited:
Yeah, goddamn Patriot Act. It's funny how people keep acting like Obama and his administration are worse than Bush and as bad as Hitler, even though it is just "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
Seriously, people need to read through the Patriot Act. It's a must read. You have no idea what kinds of crazy shit it did.

Thanks for proving my point you two. A real discussion can not be had because differences of opinion are met with emotional rhetoric and not facts. If I disagree with you or Obama, I'm obviously "racist" and guilty of "thoughtcrime". *eye roll* This conservative person of color thanks you for the backup.
It is a fact that racism is rampant in the Republican party. I suppose you think that birther conspiracies have nothing to do with racism then? That Herman Cain wasn't beloved by many conservatives because he made campaign videos and speeches that appealed to their prejudices? You can't name a 2012 Republican presidential candidate who didn't say racist things to win votes. ALL of them were guilty.
This is a classic conservative tactic: say racist shit, get called out on it, accuse the person calling you out of "race baiting". Over the last few years or so they've honed that one to perfection.

Then it's a bit disingenuous to pin this all on the current President. Hoover's files, the NRO, etc. were all in existence before Obama was even born. To be crystal clear he's a hypocrite on this issue. Let's just be realistic and point out that he's continuing the policies of his predecessors; he wasn't the first President to do this and certainly won't be the last.
I never said Obama is to blame for everything. As a matter of fact this country has been going downhill since Lincoln, who used force against the states who had a natural right to secede (IMO). The reason why I am so angry at Obama is because he completely let me down along with many other people who believed him. Trust me, I share no love for many of the "conservative" presidents. This is one of the reasons why I supported Ron Paul who was actually consistent. You might disagree with him on everything but at least you know he is honest and where he is coming from.

Can you tell us which candidates said what?

I never said Obama is to blame for everything. As a matter of fact this country has been going downhill since Lincoln, who used force against the states who had a natural right to secede (IMO). The reason why I am so angry at Obama is because he completely let me down along with many other people who believed him. Trust me, I share no love for many of the "conservative" presidents. This is one of the reasons why I supported Ron Paul who was actually consistent. You might disagree with him on everything but at least you know he is honest and where he is coming from.

Can you tell us which candidates said what?
I'm too tired to find a bunch of quotes and videos right now, but this blog seems to give a pretty good rundown of some of the things that were said.

Last edited:
LOLZ@you not "understanding" my "post." A "real" "discussion" can't be "had" when met with "projection"(yours) and "satire"(mine).:roll:

But seriously, a real discussion would've been you making critical statements about the data-mining instead of wanking off about thought-crimes and liberals. At least take some responsibility for your comments. The only one race-baiting here is you.

I'm too tired to find a bunch of quotes and videos right now, but this blog seems to give a pretty good rundown of some of the things that were said.

Thank you for posting this. It made me laugh hysterically. One of my new "favorited" websites. I look forward to many more comedy pieces from that site....wait, they are trying to be serious......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhahaaaaa....whew, EVEN BETTER! Keep up the good work.

[quote name="Purple Flames" post="10605101" timestamp="1370723409"]
This is a classic conservative tactic: say racist shit, get called out on it, accuse the person calling you out of "race baiting". Over the last few years or so they've honed that one to perfection.[/quote]What exactly did I say that was racist again?
I asked simply why I can't disagree with the PotUS and not be a racist?

Do you guys seriously think the Democratic Party, the party of choice for the KKK, is devoid of racism? Really?
Shake my head.

Listen to yourself dohdough. You've made judgments about me without knowing anything. That kind of generalization is pretty damn close to racism. I dare say your apparent hatred of "white" people IS racism. Your attitude is as bad as the one you despise.

Do you guys seriously think the Democratic Party, the party of choice for the KKK, is devoid of racism? Really?
Shake my head.
Not THIS bullshit again. Who do you think the party of choice for the modern KKK is today? The Socialist Party? And when did anyone here say that the Democratic Party is devoid of racism? The Democratic Party is FULL of racist shitheads, but if I had to put my money on which of the two leviathan parties had more racists, I'd put every cent I had on the Republicans. Your point is disingenuous as fuck and not even remotely relevant to this discussion.

Listen to yourself dohdough. You've made judgments about me without knowing anything. That kind of generalization is pretty damn close to racism. I dare say your apparent hatred of "white" people IS racism. Your attitude is as bad as the one you despise.
Reading comprehension...go get some.

Easily one of the worst blogs I have ever read. The only person I can see being a racist would be Michelle Bachmann and even then the chance is quite slim.

Easily one of the worst blogs I have ever read. The only person I can see being a racist would be Michelle Bachmann and even then the chance is quite slim.
VINTAGE goalpost shift.

[quote name="dohdough" post="10605811" timestamp="1370743443"][quote name="Vader582" post="10605758" timestamp="1370742021"]Do you guys seriously think the Democratic Party, the party of choice for the KKK, is devoid of racism? Really?Shake my head.[/quote]Not THIS bullshit again. Who do you think the party of choice for the modern KKK is today? The Socialist Party? And when did anyone here say that the Democratic Party is devoid of racism? The Democratic Party is FULL of racist shitheads, but if I had to put my money on which of the two leviathan parties had more racists, I'd put every cent I had on the Republicans. Your point is disingenuous as fuck and not even remotely relevant to this discussion.
Reading comprehension...go get some.[/quote]Disingenuous? Other people in this thread (not you) were talking about race. Go back to page one. Perhaps you need to get some of that "reading comprehension"? You reacted without thinking. Must be a HUGE chip on your shoulder. Typical liberal behavior though. Be proud.

I noticed purple flames never addressed any "racist" comments I supposedly made. VINTAGE avoidance/shift.

bread's done
Back