eStarland sucks

LKPLKPLKP3

CAG Newbie
So... I've been using eStarland for awhile now, because I can't resist how their T-I service lets you turn your old games and systems into not just better games, but anything else they sell, such as anime merchandise, and at some truly great Trade-In credit quotes. GameStop is a joke for the sake of trade-ins and purchase prices, and I've been waiting for Kingdoms of Amalur with sufficient tokens (1) and an abundance of points for a while now - only since its f***ing release date - on Goozex.

Some people love them, BUT that's probably just because they didn't have to  deal with their cs reps. Live chat sucks now (Travis - who was pretty good if not a little lazy - was leagues better than Sara, their current and useless live chat rep), and their phone call reps are proficient in being brats.

So I buy a used Vita a while back with a coupon that that took a good % off of the purchase of any 3 used games. The Vita never shipped and I of course heard nothing from them, and Sarah tells me the coupon only applied to video games - not systems.  The coupon totally worked when I finished cheking out with it (used Vita and 2 used games), but whatev (can someone shed some light on whatever the law would be in a situation like this where they should've made the coupon NOT work on systems, but didn't?).

So I buy a Vita after waiting about 2 weeks for my refund of the PPal portion that was used on that order, and I buy another used Vita bundle (fwiw, they cost 240 there).

The Vita gets to me and doesn't work, as in they probably didn't test it just because it looked so damn good condition-wise, but again, whatev. I send it back and wait God knows how long for my refund.

The original payment method was roughly half in PPal funds, with the other half being T-I credit. eStarland finally refunds me, only to refund every last bit of what I paid as T-I credit; no PPal funds reimbursed, just eStarland credit. They're a few cents short of what is owed, so between that and their former error, I decide to consult with Sara of live chat again. Me being a reasonable guy, I basically tell her I'd make it easy on her and accept the refund in the form of T-I funds as long as she'd correct their erroneous basic math (since, God forbid, we all know how hard PPal refunds are... *sarcasm*), and she sends me the rest and signs off, without so much as a "sorry for the inconvenience". No apology to speak of, no error to take accountability for.

Their favorite auto sentences include crap like "I don't know for sure, but you can contact support@eStarland and ask them," and "Is there anything else I can help you with? No? Thanks for contacting live support! Have a nice day!" 

In conclusion, one advice to heed when it comes to online shop reviews would be that you shouldn't neglect the bad reviews, regardless of how little there are. Does anyone else want to share their experience with eStarland specfically, be it good or bad?

P.S. Glad to get that off my chest, but it's really nbd compared to my upcoming GameStop thread. Enjoying this forum already.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... I've been using eStarland for awhile now, because I can't resist how their T-I service lets you turn your old games and systems into not just better games, but anything else they sell, such as anime merchandise, and at some truly great Trade-In credit quotes. GameStop is a joke for the sake of trade-ins and purchase prices, and I've been waiting for Kingdoms of Amalur with sufficient tokens (1) and an abundance of points for a while now - only since its f***ing release date - on Goozex.

Some people love them, BUT that's probably just because they didn't have to deal with their cs reps. Live chat sucks now (Travis - who was pretty good if not a little lazy - was leagues better than Sara, their current and useless live chat rep), and their phone call reps are proficient in being brats.

So I buy a used Vita a while back with a coupon that that took a good % off of the purchase of any 3 used games. The Vita never shipped and I of course heard nothing from them, and Sarah tells me the coupon only applied to video games - not systems. The coupon totally worked when I finished cheking out with it (used Vita and 2 used games), but whatev (can someone shed some light on whatever the law would be in a situation like this where they should've made the coupon NOT work on systems, but didn't?).

So I buy a Vita after waiting about 2 weeks for my refund of the PPal portion that was used on that order, and I buy another used Vita bundle (fwiw, they cost 240 there).

The Vita gets to me and doesn't work, as in they probably didn't test it just because it looked so damn good condition-wise, but again, whatev. I send it back and wait God knows how long for my refund.

The original payment method was roughly half in PPal funds, with the other half being T-I credit. eStarland finally refunds me, only to refund every last bit of what I paid as T-I credit; no PPal funds reimbursed, just eStarland credit. They're a few cents short of what is owed, so between that and their former error, I decide to consult with Sara of live chat again. Me being a reasonable guy, I basically tell her I'd make it easy on her and accept the refund in the form of T-I funds as long as she'd correct their erroneous basic math (since, God forbid, we all know how hard PPal refunds are... *sarcasm*), and she sends me the rest and signs off, without so much as a "sorry for the inconvenience". No apology to speak of, no error to take accountability for.

Their favorite auto sentences include crap like "I don't know for sure, but you can contact support@eStarland and ask them," and "Is there anything else I can help you with? No? Thanks for contacting live support! Have a nice day!"

In conclusion, one advice to heed when it comes to online shop reviews would be that you shouldn't neglect the bad reviews, regardless of how little there are. Does anyone else want to share their experience with eStarland specfically, be it good or bad?

P.S. Glad to get that off my chest, but it's really nbd compared to my upcoming GameStop thread. Enjoying this forum already.
I have never ordered anything of eStarland but I do have experience with them. Back in 2008 I believe I went to college in DC. Their warehouse is very close to DC and they open it up to people on the weekends. I went and wound up picking a Sega Saturn. I was happy with the purchase but I also realized from being there that it probably wasn't the most efficiently run business....

As far as the coupon goes, I'm not sure you have much of a standing if they said it was for 3 games, even if they screwed up. I would've been mad about getting the PayPal money back as credit though.

BTW, here comes a shameless plug. I'm currently working on creating an online store with the vision of taking the used game experience to a new level from the likes of eStarland and GameStop. I'd love for you to give it a shot when it actually debuts.

I've done a good bit of business with eStarland and have had no issues.

Honestly, your tone makes me question the validity of what you are trying to say.

I've done a good bit of business with eStarland and have had no issues. I have dealt with their customer service, also.

Most complaints about eStarland have to do with people sending in junk and expecting them to have GameStop condition standards.

Some people love them, BUT that's probably just because they didn't have to deal with their cs reps. Live chat sucks now (Travis - who was pretty good if not a little lazy - was leagues better than Sara, their current and useless live chat rep), and their phone call reps are proficient in being brats.

So I buy a used Vita a while back with a coupon that that took a good % off of the purchase of any 3 used games. The Vita never shipped and I of course heard nothing from them, and Sarah tells me the coupon only applied to video games - not systems. The coupon totally worked when I finished cheking out with it (used Vita and 2 used games), but whatev (can someone shed some light on whatever the law would be in a situation like this where they should've made the coupon NOT work on systems, but didn't?).

I have never ordered anything of eStarland but I do have experience with them. Back in 2008 I believe I went to college in DC. Their warehouse is very close to DC and they open it up to people on the weekends. I went and wound up picking a Sega Saturn. I was happy with the purchase but I also realized from being there that it probably wasn't the most efficiently run business....

As far as the coupon goes, I'm not sure you have much of a standing if they said it was for 3 games, even if they screwed up. I would've been mad about getting the PayPal money back as credit though.

BTW, here comes a shameless plug. I'm currently working on creating an online store with the vision of taking the used game experience to a new level from the likes of eStarland and GameStop. I'd love for you to give it a shot when it actually debuts.
We need that. eStarland and GameTZ are pretty good as far as trade-in services go, but they too are faulty. Here's to hoping you can change things for a few of us.

I've done a good bit of business with eStarland and have had no issues. I have dealt with their customer service, also.

Most complaints about eStarland have to do with people sending in junk and expecting them to have GameStop condition standards.
Which is understandable. But I assure you, their customer service has gotten ten times worse in the past year or so.

[quote name="LKPLKPLKP3" post="10603037" timestamp="1370648633"][quote name="gpgorbosjr" post="10602748" timestamp="1370640262"]
[quote name="yourlefthand" post="10602985" timestamp="1370647486"]I've done a good bit of business with eStarland and have had no issues. I have dealt with their customer service, also.

Most complaints about eStarland have to do with people sending in junk and expecting them to have GameStop condition standards.[/quote]
Which is understandable. But I assure you, their customer service has gotten ten times worse in the past year or so.[/quote]

I've done most of my business with them in the last year or so. The business has grown a good bit since they moved further out from dc. I recommend stopping by if you ever get a chance.

That being said, they aren't perfect. I just hate to see people tearing into a business that I have had and continue to have good experiences with.

And I've had and continue to have some great experiences with them as well, but like I said - in my experience - simple PPal refunds, for example, take a couple weeks (or longer if you don't bug live chat about them!).

Submitted a trade in to them last month which should have qualified for the shipping label, never got it.  Called into CS and they said they would notify the right people to resend it and they never did nor did they follow up.  Since one of the items was a big ass band hero bundle I didnt want to front shipping on it.  So I just sold it on ebay for a few more bucks.

In checking probably 40-50 games, they only beat gamestop about 20% of the time.  Their Modern Warfare 3 trade in price was good IIRC ($15ish).

I've never had a problem with them. I like them because they take import games and older gen games. 

Occasionally I'll trade a current gen game I really want to get rid of and find their trade in price acceptable.

But as far as OP's case is concerned they should have refunded paypal as paypal, unless there's something in their policies stating they don't do that. I've never returned anything for a refund so I don't know.

I've always had great transactions with them

Purchases always in excellent condition, good trade in values with in instant credit.

Sorry to dig up an old topic but I just found out about this site and was wondering what the current opinions are. I am thinking about getting rid of some of my older stuff and these trade in prices seem to jive with what I'm seeing on ebay.

Any opinions? Are there better options to trade in older games and systems?

bread's done
Back