Animal Crossing New Leaf

KingBroly

CAGiversary!
Release Information

Release Date:  6/9/13 (NA), 6/14/14 (EU)

Price:  $34.99

# of Players:  1 (4 saves); up to 4 in multiplayer

Animal Crossing New Leaf is the 4th iteration in the popular Tom Nook Slave Simulator.  This time, however, Nook has tricked you into being the Head Slave (they call it "The Mayor" as a joke) of your new abode.  So while you're a slave to Nook, you also get to taste his power by telling your "neighbors" what to do, like and snatch stuff from.  You can also do everything else like in other Animal Crossing games, but in this new thing called "3D."  Animal Crossing New Leaf also brings back the island from the original, which allows you to play mini-games, swim and get more fruit!  The game has been receiving rave reviews, getting 9's from Eurogamer and Edge, as well as a 9.6 from IGN.  So it mighty possibly be the best Animal Crossing to date.

The game releases tonight at Midnight EST on the eShop if you're into getting it digitally.

Here, you can brag about your stuff, post pictures from the game (Save a pic to SD card, throw it on computer, upload to internet, post here) and trade Friend Codes to enjoy the vast experiences of trolling other peoples' towns.  If you're into that sort of thing of course.

Friend Code Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkYige5YT3i1dEMydDh0MEtQN1VhcHpVVndNNUUyVmc&usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved this game back on the Gamcube, haven't played it since. Decided to order this soley on the nostalgia vibe. Don't let me down Nintendo...

I'm really excited for the game even though I've never played the series before. I've got the limited edition 3DSXL coming in the mail and it should be here Monday.

I plan on purchasing a retail copy of this. Do I need to have the game in the slot in order to take advantage of the street pass feature? I do not have much experience with streetpass.

I plan on purchasing a retail copy of this. Do I need to have the game in the slot in order to take advantage of the street pass feature? I do not have much experience with streetpass.
No. It'll probably ask you when you first boot up if you want to enable the feature, but that's it. Of course, you need to have your wireless on too.

Been playing this for a couple of days now. I haven't played AC since the original on GCN and all I can say is I'm having a blast. I'm digging being able to change the date before you load the game so you don't have to change the system's date settings and you don't have to wait a literal full day for the next day in game. Can't wait for what's in store and paying off my debts to Tom Nook (yay debt simulator).

Can't wait for this to come out tonight on the eShop. This game totally seems like a great digital title to have on the system at all times. All the good reviews (not that Animal Crossing really gets bad reviews) have me excited for this.

I really want this game. I put so much time into the original AC, then Wild World, and City Folk. I still have to buy a 3DS though.

anybody from the east coast downloading the game already? or is the eshop update PST?

Edit: nevermind.... saw it already... its up!!

decided to just buy digital and just buy the physical down the road when a sale comes and keep that sealed. i want to play the game tonight! hehe!

OK, so I preordered the digital version of this from Best Buy.  I see they are already failing me by not providing that code the minute it went up on the eShop.  This was sort of my test of going digital and it isn't going great so far.  I guess I should at least wait until midnight Pacific before getting too upset since technically I wouldn't be able to buy it here yet anyway (though I guess I could from the eShop, so...).  If I don't have the code tomorrow I'll be really pissed - the entire (really, the only) point of preordering a digital item like that is to get it ASAP when the game is released. (And the reason I did it at Best Buy was that I had some coupon codes I had to use).

I also have a copy preordered at Gamestop and Amazon.  I had forgotten about the Amazon when when I made the GS preorder (to get a trade-in bonus).  I do need 2 copies as one is for my son.  I figured I'd install the digital one since I'll probably want it handy all the time.  A cart works for him since he rarely plays his 3DS anyway.

Is there a guide on how to answer the opening questions to get certain eyes and hair?  I guess hair isn't as big a deal since they added haircuts - but gotta get those eyes right! ;).

For those who have downloaded it, how big is it?  I'm sure I have enough space as I don't download all that much but I'm wondering if I should swap out my 4GB SD card for an 8GB before I get the game.

Is there a guide on how to answer the opening questions to get certain eyes and hair? I guess hair isn't as big a deal since they added haircuts - but gotta get those eyes right! ;).

For those who have downloaded it, how big is it? I'm sure I have enough space as I don't download all that much but I'm wondering if I should swap out my 4GB SD card for an 8GB before I get the game.
http://www.jvgs.net/new-leaf-face-guide.htm

Blocks: NA: 6002 Blocks EU: 6336 Blocks JP: 8192 Blocks

OK, so I preordered the digital version of this from Best Buy. I see they are already failing me by not providing that code the minute it went up on the eShop. This was sort of my test of going digital and it isn't going great so far. I guess I should at least wait until midnight Pacific before getting too upset since technically I wouldn't be able to buy it here yet anyway (though I guess I could from the eShop, so...). If I don't have the code tomorrow I'll be really pissed - the entire (really, the only) point of preordering a digital item like that is to get it ASAP when the game is released. (And the reason I did it at Best Buy was that I had some coupon codes I had to use).

I also have a copy preordered at Gamestop and Amazon. I had forgotten about the Amazon when when I made the GS preorder (to get a trade-in bonus). I do need 2 copies as one is for my son. I figured I'd install he digital one since I'll probably want it handy all the time. A cart works for him since he rarely plays his 3DS anyway.

Is there a guide on how to answer the opening questions to get certain eyes and hair? I guess hair isn't as big a deal since they added haircuts - but gotta get those eyes right! ;).
im from the west coast and im already downloading the game.

heres my cheat guide til i get my official guide from amazon.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Face_Styles_Guide

I am glad someone started a topic for this. I just didn't have the desire to gather info and stuff for the OP.

I have owned and loved every single iteration of this franchise, and I'm very excited for the game, even though I have to wait a couple days for my copy to get here.

Kinda pointless downloading it at midnight...nothing's open, and I need to talk to people to finish the tutorial, and they're asleep.

Oh well.

I find it infuriating that there's an online pass for this.  
It costs 500 bells

Kinda pointless downloading it at midnight...nothing's open, and I need to talk to people to finish the tutorial, and they're asleep.

Oh well.

I find it infuriating that there's an online pass for this.
It costs 500 bells
You can reload your game and your secretary will ask if the time and date are ok, you select I need help and you can change the time to what you see fit and it won't change the time on your 3ds.

OK, Best Buy came through - have the code now (it came at 10:10pm Pacific!).

I swapped out my 4GB card for an 8GB and now I have like 32,000 blocks free - plenty of room ;).

Turns out the only reason I was even close to being low on space was that I had 2.5GB of music on my old card which I've listened too all of about once (as in one song one time).  Oh well, might as well upgrade anyway.

The 8GB is a faster rated one, too, so maybe that will help.  And that brings me to an interesting question - how do load times/transfer rates differ between cart-based games and ones on SD cards?  And do the speed ratings of the SD cards have any practical effect on the 3DS?

Thanks for the link Doomed - now I'm trying to decide between eyes 2, 4, or 7 (all the green ones) while my game downloads...  I like the eyes in 7 but not the heavy lids.

And yeah, this is important as I'll be staring at this character for many, many hours. ;)

My 3DS FC is 2492-4133-0475.  Is that all we need to do MP for this game?  I haven't done much (if any) 3DS multiplayer yet.

Yeah, not much to do so I had to wrap up for the night.  If I could have caught some bugs or fish or even shot down the present that I saw floating by it would have been fun - but all the stores are closed.  Yeah, I know you can change the time but I just remember how much that screwed up the Wii version.

I did shake enough money out of trees to buy that "online pass" (the picture) but I figured there was no one to visit anyway.

I had a hell of a time picking my initial town layout.  I don't remember doing that before - is that new?

One thing you can do all night is go the Pelican up at the post office.  Apparently there is a "limited time" spotpass download you can get there - it is a "rainbow screen".  So that's my one and only piece of furniture at the moment.

If you want to kill some time read this:

http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/Update%201/

(it starts off kind of funny but then gets gruesome towards the end so only read if you are prepared for an "alternate" Animal Crossing universe ;)).

Picking a town layout is new, yeah.  You get a choice of 3, so if you think your town has too much water, it might be good to start over.  I was lucky and got a choice between 2 maps that had 2 bends and a map that had 3.  I went with the 3-bend map so I could visit every part of the beach.

I have Pears in my town. I'm wondering what everyone else got.

I like my layout but I put my house inside a couple of bends over by the waterfall and there is only one bridge down by the beach.  So my house is isolated from the city hall, shops, and all the animal residences.  But hopefully we can add another bridge at some point.

Yup downloading it now I regretted getting Fire Emblem digitally but this should have a much longer shelf life.

Indeed - if there was ever a good title to download this is it.

I'll be heading to GS regardless tomorrow to get my son's copy.  He was a little jealous that I was playing and he couldn't yet.  Then I sent him to bed ;).

Also should be perfect to play while watching press conferences this week. I'd love to live post on here but odds will be my wife will have the laptop to play Warcraft, as our usual arrangement is if one of us has the TV, the other has the laptop.

Picking a town layout is new, yeah. You get a choice of 3, so if you think your town has too much water, it might be good to start over. I was lucky and got a choice between 2 maps that had 2 bends and a map that had 3. I went with the 3-bend map so I could visit every part of the beach.

I have Pears in my town. I'm wondering what everyone else got.
there are a lot of layouts. had to restart a couple of times. i just put my house near the shore with a big space to plant. hehe

I'm picking this up this week (as soon as I can make it into a store). I am so pumped for another portable entry in this series. I could never get into the console versions.

We may want to consider starting a new thread for the friend codes unless the op wants to update their post (or change to wiki post.)

Friend code:
1848-2470-1258

Managed to do first down payment but I think that's all I can accomplish for now. I do think it's a little silly that you can stack fruit but not other items (and even then only stacks of 9). I guess I'll check back tonight and see how things are.

I havent really played an AC game since the DS one but ive been enjoying the new one so far.  Idk how much info you need, but feel free to add me:

FC 0516-7435-3399

Name: Bezerker

Town: Westeros

Fruit: Apples

I've been enjoying this a lot so far. Got it from the eShop at midnight, so I was able to get things started and do a little collecting before going to bed. Got back in this morning and went through all of my trees, got a bunch of coins, and did not get stung once by bees. Got enough bells to put down the first payment on my house, which will be ready tomorrow. Now I'm just going to fish for a bit to build up the museum.

FC: 1375-7362-2950

I rarely buy digital console games since they have no true dollar value after purchase (trade, re-sell, etc), but AC is the type of game I always want available to hop in and play a bit between other games, so it's one of the few eShop retail releases I've purchased. On the west coast and it was available by 10ish my time. Very entertained so far...

FC: 2363-6409-4964

Town: Lahan

Name: Evan

Fruit: Apples

Awesome game, wish I had gotten a fishing pole first day.

FC: 3239-3083-6450

Town: Rackcity

Name: Nat

Fruit: Peaches

Also has anyone else tried the fortune cookies? Got a samus hat, not sure how rare.

I think I added everyone up to this point. Let me know if I don't show as registered on your list.

My "PG-13" note is a worst-case scenario. Don't judge me.

I think I added everyone up to this point. Let me know if I don't show as registered on your list.

My "PG-13" note is a worst-case scenario. Don't judge me.
Hah, no judgement here! I actually prefer PG-13 to R in most stuff but for some reason that just seems so strange in Animal Crossing (or most Nintendo produced games).

Wish I would have preordered now. Can't find any in store anywhere I've checked so far.
Yeah, I think Nintendo underestimated demand for this one, I went to two Gamestops that only got enough in for Pre-Orders and finally got the last copy at FYE.

I'm having a blast with the game so far.  When I went to Wal-Mart this morning they didn't even have it out on the shelf yet but luckily the lady in electronics knew it was supposed to be out today so she went to the back to get it.  I just planted my first Perfect Orange.  I was surprised at how nice the online is for this.

bread's done
Back