Amazon: The Wire Complete Series $80

I found the set new for 45 shipped on eBay a few weeks back, looks like it is a little more than that now if some would rather go that route. Great show though, well worth it at 80 still.

Sopranos Complete set on DVD is $125 as well which looks like its lowest price. HBO having alot of sales lately on their stuff.

I remember when this was Amazon's deal of the day in August 2011 for $65.  I was SO close to picking it up for that price, but I decided against it.  I don't think it's been at that price since then, though.  All of these seasons are available to stream through Netflix, right?

theres a guy on eBay selling the DVD boxsets for $74 shipped. He has 2 for sale. Hes sold a few and gotten feedback on it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290928691999

Same with Wire. +10 available

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wire-Complete-Series-DVD-2008-23-Disc-Set-/221239137056?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3382e15320#shId

Sopranos Complete set on DVD is $125 as well which looks like its lowest price. HBO having alot of sales lately on their stuff.
Hopefully to clear out inventory space for a blu-ray release. I'm still shocked they haven't done it yet.
Yeah after posting that I got curious about a blu-ray boxset and noticed forums with people waiting for a box set in 2010. Its now 2013 and they have only released it on the first and last season (in 2 parts no less). Thats really weird. Will it even happen then?

Probably could get it less somewhere. But a good deal.

All of these seasons are available to stream through Netflix, right?

The day Netflix gets the rights to stream HBO shows will be the day everybody finally drops cable completely.
most def

multipost ftw

Last edited by a moderator:
I would strongly advise against buying The Wire set from ebay or even third party Amazon sellers. The chances that you will get a bootleg copy are very high. Same with The Sopranos. Some of you might actually have bootlegs and not know it. They are pretty convincing, but are definitiely flawed. Flimsy packaging, discs that stutter/skip, and poor video quality (season 4 of The Wire especially).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would strongly advise against buying The Wire set from ebay or even third party Amazon sellers. The chances that you will get a bootleg copy are very high. Same with The Sopranos. Some of you might actually have bootlegs and not know it. They are pretty convincing, but are definitiely flawed. Flimsy packaging, discs that stutter/skip, and poor video quality (season 4 of The Wire especially).
So do they bootleg the box and everything? Im scared now. The one seller for the Wire has gotten feedback on a bunch of TV boxsets like Sopranos, Wire, and Gilligans Island

So do they bootleg the box and everything? Im scared now. The one seller for the Wire has gotten feedback on a bunch of TV boxsets like Sopranos, Wire, and Gilligans Island
Yup, the box looked pretty official (for the bootleg I received). But the actual cases that hold the DVDs are really flimsy. One of the telltale signs they are fake is if the set arrives with the discs in little plastic carriers (hard to explain, you'd know it if you see it). Also, on the bottom of the discs if you look really closely you can see a chinese (or some asian) character printed on it.

Yup, the box looked pretty official (for the bootleg I received). But the actual cases that hold the DVDs are really flimsy. One of the telltale signs they are fake is if the set arrives with the discs in little plastic carriers (hard to explain, you'd know it if you see it). Also, on the bottom of the discs if you look really closely you can see a chinese (or some asian) character printed on it.
Thanks for the help. Im kinda worried now. One guy had one for 50-60 and had a picture of it sealed and looked legit. IDK im skeptical now

bread's done
Back